Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014

Serious Frolicking posted:

Zombieman hasn't done anything in this version yet.

My bad, got mixed up on which one punch man thread this was. There was a new chapter of ONE's version released recently and this thread was suddenly near the top of the ADTRW list so I assumed this was that thread. I do like how the manga is so good there are two different threads for it though :) That's quality work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Speaking of ONE, is there any easy place to find comparison images of ONE and Murata's illustrations of the different characters?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
That or even just comparisons of the more amazing panels. I've been reading Mob Psycho 100 and ONE can really churn out some amazing panels even if the artistic quality is a fraction of what Murata can produce. Would be interesting to see how good the originals are.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

sharktamer posted:

That or even just comparisons of the more amazing panels. I've been reading Mob Psycho 100 and ONE can really churn out some amazing panels even if the artistic quality is a fraction of what Murata can produce. Would be interesting to see how good the originals are.

The original is translated on Batoto, just stop reading once youve hit a chapter that you dont recognize. Itll give you an excuse to reread the comic :)

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sharktamer posted:

While yea, ONE isn't anywhere remotely near Murata, I genuinely think his art is really good.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Murata is a good artist who obsessively redraws every panel over and over until it is perfect. Then he goes back and redraws the previous chapter from scratch.

ONE is a good artist who half-asses anything that isn't an action scene and then draws some really loving cool action scenes to remind you that he's a good artist.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

He visited the survivors of the house of evolution, but that was just a conversation. Nothing about his abilities has been mentioned.

Pretty sure that hasn't happened yet in this version yet either dude.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Avulsion posted:

ONE is a good artist who half-asses anything that isn't an action scene and then draws some really loving cool action scenes to remind you that he's a good artist.

No no, ONE is not a good artist; he is a competent one who can relay a scene with his eye for composition and framing a setting.

He does not need to be a good artist for these storytelling abilities, which is great! But he is not a good artist.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

RatHat posted:

Since it is already spoiled, Yes, yes it did happen.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RatHat posted:

Huh, could have sworn it had. But I've checked and you are correct.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Huh, could have sworn it had. But I've checked and you are correct.

It starts midway into chapter 56 of ones version

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

It starts midway into chapter 56 of ones version

The point was that it hasn't happened in Murata's version. That's what this whole discussion was about. There was no question that it had happened in the original version.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Parrotine posted:

No no, ONE is not a good artist; he is a competent one who can relay a scene with his eye for composition and framing a setting.

He does not need to be a good artist for these storytelling abilities, which is great! But he is not a good artist.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=...0.0.Tr3O2ui-EZo

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
At this point we're just comparing the top 5% against the top 0.5%.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
ONE's work reads like a storyboard, you can tell what's going on and tend to fill in the blanks with your own mind. It works quite well, no one's ever lost trying to figure out what happened in a panel. Murata just goes through and fills in those blanks to an amazing degree and with a level of detail no one expects. They really make a fantastic team.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

pointlessone posted:

ONE's work reads like a storyboard, you can tell what's going on and tend to fill in the blanks with your own mind. It works quite well, no one's ever lost trying to figure out what happened in a panel. Murata just goes through and fills in those blanks to an amazing degree and with a level of detail no one expects. They really make a fantastic team.

It's awe inspiring, really.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
I've seen this post on Murata's twitter today:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hibitanren/archives/1016275348.html

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

:swoon:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Someone get a translator on that stat!

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Man, it never did hit me that Vegeta is only taller than actual children.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Saitama is smiling. :swoon:

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Parrotine posted:

Translation or not, I want the whole goddamn thing.

Fake edit: I found the next page in the blog. Punching ki beams is the best.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

Parrotine posted:

Not gonna do the whole thing but here's the high points

-Bulma kicks Vegeta outside for training while Trunks is studying
-Saitama gets lost looking for a sale. Vegeta tells him to piss off, he's busy
-"You don't look busy. It's like the middle of the day, don't you have a job?" :iceburn:
-Vegeta notices his incredible power. "Fight me!"
-Both: "This guy's pretty good!"
-"He overcame my galick gun?!" "Hey, nice one! That stung a little"
-"What is the secret of your power?!" "100 Push-ups 100 Sit-ups 100 Squats 10 k run. Everyday. :colbert:"
-"This power comes with a price: You will become bald. That receding hairline is a good start, but you've still got a ways to go before you're on my level." "LEAVE MY HAIR OUT OF THIS"
-Vegeta is about to take it to the next level when Bulma calls him for dinner (his ringtone is Head Cha-La)
-They trade numbers and promise to hang out again ("Vegeta, huh? Must be foreign")
-Saitama: "Well, I might as well head back too. Wait, how did I get here again?"
-Satanmart is having a sale

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

-Vegeta is about to take it to the next level when Bulma calls him for dinner (his ringtone is Head Cha-La)
-
-Satanmart is having a sale

lol

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

-"This power comes with a price: You will become bald. That receding hairline is a good start, but you've still got a ways to go before you're on my level." "LEAVE MY HAIR OUT OF THIS"

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I need a Satanmart

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Onepunch Man, making the best of list on Comics Alliance

quote:

BEST SUPERHERO COMIC (DEAL WITH IT)

ONE-PUNCH MAN
Artwork by Yusuke Murata
Written by ONE
Published by VIZ Media
Available: Amazon / ComiXology / Comics Shops
There were some good superhero comics this year, but for my money, the best was ONE and Yusuke Murata’s One-Punch Man. It’s funny, it’s violent, it’s frequently stupid and it has more heart packed into it than almost anything else on the stands. Also, it features characters named Grad School Graduate, Spring Mustache, Jet Nice Guy, Tank Top Tiger and roughly one million more, all of them just as golden.
One-Punch Man is the serialized adventures of a guy named Saitama who decides one day to be “a hero for fun,” and embarks on a strenuous training regimen that alows him to defeat any enemy with one punch.
My favorite moment, and the one that solidified itself on my list for 2014, comes in volume 3 (Viz released five digital collections this year) and involves a nebbish mid-level hero in a suit who fights with a group named the Blizzard Bunch. His group encounters an enemy named Demon Fan, but our guy freaks out, and somebody else on his team ends up beating the evil robot fan monster. Our guy has a bit of a career crisis, saying that he can’t be a hero because he doesn’t have a superpower, that these gifted people are born different than people like you or me, and that no matter how hard he tries, he’ll never be good enough to be a hero. Enter Saitama–a guy who got his super-strength through exercising so hard he went bald–who shows up just as Demon Fan is reforming and, true to his name, defeats him with one punch. Afterward, Saitama suggests to the guy that, instead of giving up, maybe he just needs to try harder. The chapter ends with the guy quitting the Blizzard Bunch and taking the advice to heart. We see him out jogging, inspired to train as hard as he can to be a true hero.
It’s a heartening idea, that anybody can be a hero if they try hard enough. Saitama’s not perfect; he often comes across as an oblivious dick, but he’s very sincere in his desire to be a hero and to help people. Especially if “helping people,” means punching monsters to literal pieces. That’s kind of exactly what I’m looking for in a superhero comic.

Read More: The Best Comic Books Of 2014 | http://comicsalliance.com/best-comic-books-2014-list/?trackback=tsmclip

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

And we finally get to meet Fubuki :allears:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

here's a better link

http://bato.to/read/_/295929/onepunch-man_ch41_by_nerieru-scans

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
eyelashes uses eyelash curlers :swoon:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

New Chapter

And we finally get to meet Fubuki :allears:

We have met her before.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh man Saitama I once accidentally saved over someones stuff, I felt like such a jerk.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Saitama must be a monster at videogames if he can play with an upside-down PSP.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

MonsterEnvy posted:

We have met her before.

Technically that was a flash back. Also holy poo poo is the first time someone actually saw him one punch something in plain view? Most of the time people think the opponent was weakened.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Shindragon posted:

Technically that was a flash back. Also holy poo poo is the first time someone actually saw him one punch something in plain view? Most of the time people think the opponent was weakened.

I think it's the first time an influential character has. A few minor heroes like the low ranked blizzard group guy have seen him do it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shindragon posted:

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I think it's the first time an influential character has. A few minor heroes like the low ranked blizzard group guy have seen him do it.

How are you guys forgetting Bang?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm p certain bang never bothered to underestimate saitama tho

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
man, saitama is quite the sardonic little piece of poo poo when he's not being completely oblivious :allears:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Bang is actually very modest. He is an elderly martial artist with no superhuman abilities who is still the rank 3 hero, but he doesn't make a fuss about it. So it follows that he wouldn't start blabbing everywhere about Saitama when the man in question doesn't care much about fame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Well yeah, Bang doesn't care, and he did at least respect Saitama at their first meeting. I mean he didn't exactly expect him to pull off what he did, but anybody with the balls to show up for the plummeting meteor is okay in his book.