Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Milky Moor posted:

I still don't 'get' some of the decisions in Isard's Revenge.

Yeah Note how I said early. Isards revenge is really stupid and not charmingly so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Crowsbeak posted:

Yeah Note how I said early. Isards revenge is really stupid and not charmingly so.

Yeah, wasn't disagreeing or anything, was just sort of commenting. The 'resolution' of Gavin, Asyr and bothan traditions and Borsk and whatever might just be my sore point with the old EU.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
Anyone ever heard of a fan film , "IMPS"? It's pretty decent for a low budget production with manageable dialogues revolved around the lives of imperial storm troopers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHJkxEVENPI

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Honestly the EU is dumb as poo poo but I love what they did with Porkins.

Turns out the fat X-wing pilot dude was a kickass smuggler or some poo poo who was too fat for his X-wing so he had the settings all wrong.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Honestly the EU is dumb as poo poo but I love what they did with Porkins.

Turns out the fat X-wing pilot dude was a kickass smuggler or some poo poo who was too fat for his X-wing so he had the settings all wrong.

He was a fat guy named 'Porkins'. His presence in the movie was a lovely pun. Some jackass was really inspired to try to develop a lovely pun joke that lasted barely enough time to bother remembering, into a 'kickass smuggler' backstory? This is kind of pathetic.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
its funny when i saw that it was the cron drift mission i forgot that it was about the death star plans but i definitely said, 'loving assault gunboats, ugh'

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

5er posted:

He was a fat guy named 'Porkins'. His presence in the movie was a lovely pun. Some jackass was really inspired to try to develop a lovely pun joke that lasted barely enough time to bother remembering, into a 'kickass smuggler' backstory? This is kind of pathetic.

actualy its hilarious bc porkins is revered as one of the all time greatest heroes of the rebellion

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Fetus Tree posted:

actualy its hilarious bc porkins is revered as one of the all time greatest heroes of the rebellion

You think you're as good as Porkins, Horn?

Yes I do. He literally died because he set the gravity settings incorrectly in his ship and couldn't tell he was crashing.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
porkins should have been in teh prequels

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Fetus Tree posted:

porkins should have been in teh prequels

Porkins Begins: Thin Porkins

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Somebody find some porkins fanfiction

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Fetus Tree posted:

eu writers know their audience

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Hingehead posted:

Anyone ever heard of a fan film , "IMPS"? It's pretty decent for a low budget production with manageable dialogues revolved around the lives of imperial storm troopers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHJkxEVENPI

This was actually fairly amusing

BeanzAndRize
Jul 6, 2007
= diarrheaz
There's this horse that also is an X-wing pilot

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
*force users can detect other force users*
*sith / jedi constantly surprise each other with their presence*

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

BoShek Horseman.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

*force users can detect other force users*
*sith / jedi constantly surprise each other with their presence*

Movies do this too, the fuckin emperor has meetings with the most powerful jedi constantly and they live like next door and they don't loving know any better.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

5er posted:

Why is Porkins in the Lego x-wing? There's an R2 droid and a Luke, but instead of Wedge or Biggs or Garvin Dreis there's Porkins lol

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/X-Wing-Starfighter-9493

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I wonder if Porkins's actor knew that his character was named Porkins and he just needed the money back then, or if he just got a role listed for "Space pilot" and then learned after the fact that George Lucas was making fun of him.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Chill la Chill posted:

Why is Porkins in the Lego x-wing? There's an R2 droid and a Luke, but instead of Wedge or Biggs or Garvin Dreis there's Porkins lol

because gently caress you porkins is the truest hero of the rebellion and furthermore

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Chill la Chill posted:

Money. It's always money.

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

may the "horse" be with you :D

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

shiksa posted:

eu writers know their audience

Porkins is the Ron Jeremy of StarWars.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SunAndSpring posted:

I wonder if Porkins's actor knew that his character was named Porkins and he just needed the money back then, or if he just got a role listed for "Space pilot" and then learned after the fact that George Lucas was making fun of him.

He was in one of the Indiana Jones movies afterwards so I guess he didn't feel too bad.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
COVER ME PORKINS

actually can i please be renamed to that unironically

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Fetus Tree posted:

COVER ME PORKINS

actually can i please be renamed to that unironically

drat good name

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Light Gun Man posted:

Movies do this too, the fuckin emperor has meetings with the most powerful jedi constantly and they live like next door and they don't loving know any better.

Well yeah the prequels are stupid and kinda go against a lot of poo poo the original movies put in place.

Also a Porkins action figure got made because there was a Star Wars fan encyclopedia that I love called the Red 6 Archive or something like that and they petitioned for it. Don't know if the site is still around.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 23, 2014

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Butterfly Valley posted:

Money. It's always money.

porkins got the pre-teen market mad cornered

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Little kid looking for a toy to ask Santa for Xmas, sees the row upon row of leftover toys since its Xmas eve. He looks behind all the Luke sky walkers and Han Solos and Darth Vader and looks disappointed. His parents grow confused. Don't you want these instead? Pointing to the famous characters. He shakes his head. I'm sorry son, why don't we ask Santa for one of these aliens instead? Maybe this man from cloud city with the ice cream maker? He's popular, right? No, all I want is the fat x-wing pilot. All my friends have him, he's really popular.

Well I'm sorry son, there doesn't seem to be one. He tearfully pulls out a piece of paper, looks down at the god tier that only has one name: Jek Porkins, and looks a few lines down to Tier 1a. He looks over once more and sees that little green alien that shot at Han, knowing he's got a rough year ahead of him.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Dammit I was writing that up when someone posted first :mad:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fetus Tree posted:

I think there was a hacker in the death star book and i think his name was in leetspeak

Somebody confirm this because I gotta know the guy's terrible name.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Chill la Chill posted:

Little kid looking for a toy to ask Santa for Xmas, sees the row upon row of leftover toys since its Xmas eve. He looks behind all the Luke sky walkers and Han Solos and Darth Vader and looks disappointed. His parents grow confused. Don't you want these instead? Pointing to the famous characters. He shakes his head. I'm sorry son, why don't we ask Santa for one of these aliens instead? Maybe this man from cloud city with the ice cream maker? He's popular, right? No, all I want is the fat x-wing pilot. All my friends have him, he's really popular.

Well I'm sorry son, there doesn't seem to be one. He tearfully pulls out a piece of paper, looks down at the god tier that only has one name: Jek Porkins, and looks a few lines down to Tier 1a. He looks over once more and sees that little green alien that shot at Han, knowing he's got a rough year ahead of him.

poo poo, I was just about to post this myself.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Porkins: The "Christmas Shoes" of the EU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Chill la Chill posted:

First release in 1999 had Biggs and I think one of the other re-releases had Wedge. It was Porkins' time.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

PostNouveau posted:

Somebody confirm this because I gotta know the guy's terrible name.

His name was Teh Roxxor. I'm not kidding.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

He was in one of the Indiana Jones movies afterwards so I guess he didn't feel too bad.

He's BullockLt. Eckhardt in the Tim Burton Batman.

If we didn't have Porkins, we wouldn't have Bullock in Batman: The Animated Series.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Milky Moor posted:

sounds like a fag0rt

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Milky Moor posted:

he also broke out of the prison of despayre

i'm not kidding either

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Celot_Ratua_Dil

quote:

Celot Ratua Dil was a male Zelosian smuggler. Sentenced to a life of hard labor on the prison planet Despayre for theft, he managed to escape to the Death Star, which at the time was being built above the planet. He lived there for nearly two years, falling in love with the Twi'lek Memah Roothes.

quote:

Once aboard the Death Star, Ratua assumed the alias of "Teh Roxxor" and hid in plain sight. Pretending to be a civilian contractor who built garbage bins, he created a makeshift home for himself in an unused trash compactor.

Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suspicious donkey!
Jun 26, 2013
really the death star is just a collection of trash compactors + pits of electrical something + rooms perfectly designed for standoffs of some lightsaber Cowboys

• Locked thread