Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jace Madan posted:

Picked up NECA's Aliens series 3 and a second Alien Queen today. They all came out pretty good. A 3 pack with the Classic Alien, Warrior Alien and Dog Alien would be cool for them to make.
Surely that second Alien Queen is your Christmas gift for me, right? Right...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Xenomrph posted:

Surely that second Alien Queen is your Christmas gift for me, right? Right...?

Sorry, It's actually for my wife. She saw the first one I bought and immediately wanted one for herself so she could repaint it (Black with gold and silver highlights like 2 Genocide 2-pack black Alien) and display it with her collectibles.

But seriously, if you haven't gotten one yet and want one, I would definitely pick it up. It's pricey, but it's the most accurate Queen sculpt there is, and is sure to be very rare and hard to find in the future.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Yeah I'm waiting until I get my last paycheck from my current job (which is going to have like 90 hours of unused vacation time tacked on) and then I plan on going hog-wild.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

TaurusOxford posted:

Well at least Jakks has the smarts to make a Samus based on the good Metroid games.
I'm sorry, I don't see a Metroid Fusion Samus anywhere.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
I got my first figures. :kiddo:

also

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

That's a great looking Batgirl statue, how much did it set you back?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

That is a Kobutukyawookayaka ArtFx+ statue, They run about $50.

This line

There's also a Shazam, Black Adam, Catwoman, Nightwing and Green Arrow (whom I bought yesterday).

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 21, 2014

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Xenomrph posted:

$35. Pretty good deal with Prime.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PaganGoatPants posted:

$35. Pretty good deal with Prime.

Nice, I paid $41 for GA last night (employee discount). I guess Amazon sellers can get away with lower prices when they're buying cases at a time.

This guy will be coming home with me as soon as I pay off some Christmas shopping.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Future Son posted:

This line is going to hell quick. They've stopped caring about any quality in the products or the lineup of characters.
I can handle lineups and I feel that all sculpts are reasonable to good.

However, I can't handle lovely quality and since wave 3, they've been pulling out all stops between paint and poor plastic (the hand on my Bespin Luke broke in half). I reached my limit with Yoda. Bad paint applications and worthless leg articulation is too much to ask for my continued support. I'm out.

It's ironic given my "bar" for minimally acceptable paint, articulation, and accessories has been Hasbro's 4" Black series. That seems to be changing though and if they keep up their direction, my wallet is going to feel a little crowded in 2015.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

TaurusOxford posted:

Well at least Jakks has the smarts to make a Samus based on the good Metroid games. Sucks that it's so small and gummy-looking though. :(

On the plus side...that Metroid...GIMME! :stare:

Yeah, gonna grab that metroid, maybe a couple of em to go with SH FigureArts Samus (ie. the definitive version of Samus).

The rest look like trash and not worth collecting.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Cheesus posted:

I can handle lineups and I feel that all sculpts are reasonable to good.

However, I can't handle lovely quality and since wave 3, they've been pulling out all stops between paint and poor plastic (the hand on my Bespin Luke broke in half). I reached my limit with Yoda. Bad paint applications and worthless leg articulation is too much to ask for my continued support. I'm out.

It's ironic given my "bar" for minimally acceptable paint, articulation, and accessories has been Hasbro's 4" Black series. That seems to be changing though and if they keep up their direction, my wallet is going to feel a little crowded in 2015.

Save your cash and dive into Hot Toys Star Wars line. :)

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Vintersorg posted:

Yeah, gonna grab that metroid, maybe a couple of em to go with SH FigureArts Samus (ie. the definitive version of Samus).

The rest look like trash and not worth collecting.

Do you mean Figma Samus? I don't recall S.H. Figuarts having one.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

TaurusOxford posted:

Do you mean Figma Samus? I don't recall S.H. Figuarts having one.

Oh yeah, Figma, I always get the two confused.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

BBTS finally got in the Marvel Select Venom reissue. Can't decide if I should send out my Pile of Loot now or wait until my preorders for the Hot Toys little Groot and Kotobukiya Jubilee come in next month.

gregday
May 23, 2003

My 89 props case is coming along.

I need to do a lot of touchups and finish the emblem. Then onto the custom foam inserts for the props. I'm thinking belt and speargun in the bottom and the emblem mounted to the lid foam, if it can reliably stay up there with a bit of velcro. I'm not sure since it is steel, and I don't want to goober up the entire back with velcro. This will also be a good, smaller case to test out my foam supplier before I order the much more expensive design for my Nolan universe equipment case.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

As the only Sentry fan on SA, you would not believe how long I've been waiting for this moment :unsmith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Goon posted:

As the only Sentry fan on SA, you would not believe how long I've been waiting for this moment :unsmith:

poo poo man, Diamond hasn't even solicited those for us yet. Where'd you find him?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Christ, what's wrong with his face? Also, why does he come with a jerking off hand?

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

poo poo man, Diamond hasn't even solicited those for us yet. Where'd you find him?

On Ebay. I'd have paid that much for it shipping from the U.S. or at the overpriced specialty store here in Japan.

boom boom boom posted:

Christ, what's wrong with his face? Also, why does he come with a jerking off hand?

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH HE'S PERFECT.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

No wonder he doesn't want to go outside, with a mug like that.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I thought I had posted this but does anybody want to pick up the Batman 89 Figure/Batman Blu-ray combo for me at Toys R Us if you find it? I've been searching my TRU and am coming up short and I'll be hosed if I'm gonna go check today, two days before X-Mas. Wish Amazon had it in stock.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Louisgod posted:

I thought I had posted this but does anybody want to pick up the Batman 89 Figure/Batman Blu-ray combo for me at Toys R Us if you find it? I've been searching my TRU and am coming up short and I'll be hosed if I'm gonna go check today, two days before X-Mas. Wish Amazon had it in stock.

Someone else posted a link to a hastings sale of it for 35. I was at Toysrus last week and there was a PILE literally of them shoved onto an endcap so you might have some luck.

If all else fails I have an extra I picked up to be helpful, but only one other person took advantage of. If none of the above works out hit me up and I'll help you out.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Blackchamber posted:

Someone else posted a link to a hastings sale of it for 35. I was at Toysrus last week and there was a PILE literally of them shoved onto an endcap so you might have some luck.

If all else fails I have an extra I picked up to be helpful, but only one other person took advantage of. If none of the above works out hit me up and I'll help you out.

Sweet, thanks. I may try one last time today when they open at 10 since work is slow and keep an eye out for them on an end cap.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Louisgod posted:

Sweet, thanks. I may try one last time today when they open at 10 since work is slow and keep an eye out for them on an end cap.

I know some people said they had em near the dvd section, but from the two Toysrus I've located them they were both in the toy aisle (once the endcap of the aisle) where they keep the other movie toys. The bluray was in a clamshell next to them. Good luck!

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Louisgod posted:

I am that stupid guy going to TRU. In like 30 mins. I'll check for ya. Say a prayer for me.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

DrChud posted:

I am that stupid guy going to TRU. In like 30 mins. I'll check for ya. Say a prayer for me.

may the mangod bring happiness and prosperity to you and your seed

Checked TRU and nada, only the purple/blue '89 Batman video game figure. If any of you are willing to pick up the actual black figure with the blu-ray I will repay you. Even if you want to keep the Blu-ray and reduce the cost we can do that.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Louisgod posted:

may the mangod bring happiness and prosperity to you and your seed

Checked TRU and nada, only the purple/blue '89 Batman video game figure. If any of you are willing to pick up the actual black figure with the blu-ray I will repay you. Even if you want to keep the Blu-ray and reduce the cost we can do that.

They had one blu ray left but no figures:(

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I also went to TRU today in the pouring rain, and struck out.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Blackchamber posted:

Ok good times. I'll pm you after work to get your address.

Dude, thank you so much for this. He's dope.

Also, I might be able to help some people out with Batman. I have a Tradesmart near by, which is a hastings and they had a bunch of them on display. If anyone doesn't mind waiting til after Christmas, I can probably pick a few up for people.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Cool, I can wait, just don't want to miss out on him and pay $100 in a couple months or something.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I was gonna charge you 100 though....

But yeah no, I get ya. I might snag another one for insurance in case something happens to this guy. I really really like it. One of NECA's best.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Struck out on NECA 89 Bats at TRU tonight, did however find the T-800 2 pack, but what the gently caress was I thinking going to TRU on Christmas Eve Eve

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Rage posted:

Struck out on NECA 89 Bats at TRU tonight, did however find the T-800 2 pack, but what the gently caress was I thinking going to TRU on Christmas Eve Eve

Did you look at the Transformers?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Why wasn't I told about that Batman 89? :arghfist::smith:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Is there anything wrong with the "Robocop Who Is On Fire" Robocop figure?

Cause it looks pretty great and I want to buy one.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

strangehamster posted:

Did you look at the Transformers?

Only in passing, what are you looking for?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DAAAAAAMN

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I love that mid cloak wolf one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

I am so glad I started collecting these from the beginning, I have 'em all hanging on my wall. Some of them sell for quite a bit now.