Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Has the thread title just been changed recently, or did my system barely refresh?

Either way, kudos :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
And if you find anyone else, do the Nexus for starters. Good luck doing that though.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Has the thread title just been changed recently, or did my system barely refresh?

Either way, kudos :golfclap:

It got changed around yesterday, and I added some stuff to the OP to reflect it.

Goonscape.png

Today's special highlights will be really obvious macroers and botters!

To start, here's this obvious combat bot I've seen around for a while.

Too out there to be a bot. Definitely a sonic loving nerd though.

Not a bot either.

A celtic knot that's basically pre-solved for me? That's super nice of you Jagex!

A loving Runecrafting bot that's been around for months now.

Do your job then, nerd.

So... after that whole spiel about how if you're clever you can be undetectable with your macro and even saying you can't macro Seren stones, you.. went and did it anyway and went to bed. Yeah, that's not obvious and no one noticed you at all!

Meanwhile, poo poo pub chat when I go in for vis wax combos.

PUBBIE PK!!

Well okay we didn't get him cause he got away and lobbied, but basically he was trying to lure Swicky into attacking his wolf to get skulled, and did so for about 6 minutes+. Pizza Man and I geared up and went to attack. I got there first and struck, and he turned on his prayer and coolly fought back. Then came Pizza Man with his katana. WHACK! At this point the pubbie shits himself and starts fleeing, even typing that gibberish as what he thought would be simple 1 on 1 turns into 3 on 1 team battle. Sadly I couldn't bind him but all three of us had a great moment together before leaving the wilderness safely. The yak was mainly for psychological warfare - I didn't even fill it.

I come back to Seren Skulls with a neat overhead skull and of course, our expert undetectable macroer is still there in the corner. At this point you've been there for at least two hours. Surely none of the pubs noticed you, especially since they kept commenting on their surroundings... surely!

idiot stupid
Aug 23, 2014

still a virgin

Soulhunter posted:

With the major combat overhauls, most same-tier weapons do the same DPS now, so speed doesn't really matter anymore (outside of legacy combat anyways). The biggest difference in DPS now falls on 2H vs 1H abilities, and even that is situational. Look up "Revolution" on the rswiki for optimal setups.

I would recommend maces for the added prayer bonus, personally. You can get them as a drop from greater demons and make some decent xp + cash gains there with your stats if you have a Darklight (from the quest Shadow of the Storm).

Thanks for the help!

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone

Themata posted:

PUBBIE PK!!

Well okay we didn't get him cause he got away and lobbied, but basically he was trying to lure Swicky into attacking his wolf to get skulled, and did so for about 6 minutes+. Pizza Man and I geared up and went to attack. I got there first and struck, and he turned on his prayer and coolly fought back. Then came Pizza Man with his katana. WHACK! At this point the pubbie shits himself and starts fleeing, even typing that gibberish as what he thought would be simple 1 on 1 turns into 3 on 1 team battle. Sadly I couldn't bind him but all three of us had a great

The best part of this is that while he was trying to bait me he basically do my reaper challenge for the Chaos Elemental (My skills suck)

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

It's real, try it out

EDIT: Rip Magres

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Dec 21, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
If I get banned, I get banned :shrug:

I have absolutely no idea what hosed it up, I watched it for like three hours while it was autoclicking and it was fine the whole time. I thought I figured it out with some mouse/camera fuckery

E: I'm not banned yet, and if I do get banned I'll try to talk my way out of it. I even have a semi believable cover story I've had ready. Don't count me out yet.

Magres fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Dec 21, 2014

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Magres posted:

If I get banned, I get banned :shrug:

I have absolutely no idea what hosed it up, I watched it for like three hours while it was autoclicking and it was fine the whole time. I thought I figured it out with some mouse/camera fuckery

E: I'm not banned yet, and if I do get banned I'll try to talk my way out of it. I even have a semi believable cover story I've had ready. Don't count me out yet.

Either camera/mouse or the workers, whatever that means. Something something they get in way.

Unrelated.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I actually think it might have been an impling, cause I watched it for a couple hours and the workers didn't do anything to block my mouse.

Who knows! Just confirms that you definitely can't autoclick stones, either way.

My story is that I was out of the room marathoning the first two hobbit movies with a wireless mouse with the laser bit taped over and clicking it roughly every thirty seconds. It legitimately perfectly explains the behavior :v:

You don't have to act like a good or smart human, you just have to not do impossibly precise things.

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 21, 2014

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
Not sure if it still happens, but back in 06/07 the camera would randomly shift slightly every now and then. If you're playing normally you'd never notice it but if you keep your camera/cursor in the same place for a long time it'd eventually shift out of place.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
It doesn't shift anymore, or none of my autoclicking would work

E: anyone have any idea what their turnaround time on banning people is? Just trying to figure out when I'm in the clear

Magres fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 22, 2014

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Swicky posted:

I finally got you, you little bastard

This guy is a loving life saver. I will never slay without him again.

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

OH GOD YES AT LAST
:shlick:

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Magres posted:

It doesn't shift anymore, or none of my autoclicking would work

E: anyone have any idea what their turnaround time on banning people is? Just trying to figure out when I'm in the clear

They ban people in abrupt waves so botters don't know exactly what caused them to be caught

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Augster posted:

They ban people in abrupt waves so botters don't know exactly what caused them to be caught

Haha well then I might suddenly just :rip: at some point, cause I'm not restarting this friggin game. I'll post in thread if the dodgy path finally catches up to me.

So begins my death watch :v:

Magres fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 22, 2014

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Magres posted:

Haha well then I might suddenly just :rip: at some point, cause I'm not restarting this friggin game. I'll post in thread if the dodgy path finally catches up to me.

You're now that bad guy in a film who thinks he's gotten away with his crime, only for the hero to burst in and get you

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Magres posted:

you should give me all your stuff so when you're RIP'd it doesn't go to waste.

Also I'm poor and want to live the Pimp Pirate Life :(

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Terces posted:

OH GOD YES AT LAST
:shlick:

The best thing in TH. Just don't forget to actually use it while doing random stuff.

Magres posted:

Rip in piss, Magres. The clan chat will suffer without you, but at least you'll have time to make more bad posts here. :sympathy:

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Magres posted:

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my banning. I shall take no loot, hold no whips, summon no familiars. I shall wear no party hats and win no glory. I shall live and die at my computer. I am the sword in the abyss. I am the poster on the boards. I am the dragonfire that burns against cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the barbassers, the shield that guards the realms of Gielinor. I pledge my account and honor to the Bot Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Sneak peak from Ghetto Online. Looks like it'll be way better than RS.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Magres posted:

I actually think it might have been an impling, cause I watched it for a couple hours and the workers didn't do anything to block my mouse.

The chance it was an impling is incredibly low because only Crystals spawn and they spawn near the heralds - you were in the far corner away from it.

We should start a betting pool on when you will get hit with the :redhammer: though.

SleepingPizza posted:

Sneak peak from Ghetto Online. Looks like it'll be way better than RS.

I can't wait to be able to play this. This is what RS3 should've been.

On the other hand, Jagex did give us the most amazing Christmas gift loving ever, in the form of the snowboard with the trick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM144cHsAiI
Just look at it. :allears: Closing doors while flipping several squares away, harvesting crops while next to Catherby bank, flipping out to dodge enemy attacks, emotes + insane board flips. :allears:

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Never not snowboard in K'rills chambers causing him to spaz out and almost kill me :colbert:

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Yeah well Snowboarding sucks as well

Slayer rocks, it distracts you from training actual combat skills and you get stuff and things from it as well. Stuff and things are awesome, unless you've got a troll task which you don't get stuff or things, trolls suck.

I've always seen people have their "Look guys this is what i've got from level x to x in slayer tasks, look at me sell these and make bank in one sitting instead of a steady income of selling them as i get them" and i've always wanted to do this. The main reason i want to do this is because looking at a bank with an assortment of items from slayer with a big number besides them, like "Rune Mace 30". Yeah rune maces suck, but 30 of them is like 300-400k, but gently caress that, the 30 looks awesome. So i'm going to record my bank and some little slayer notes of my adventures over time, it won't just be "Look my bank" but if something interesting happens during a task, or if i get a Death task to kill the Chaos Elemental and someone wants me to attack their spirit wolf (Read Themata's previous update).

Here's an example, this is what i've gotten so far from my slayer task,

Times this by 28, and you have everything you get from a troll task, gently caress i hate these

This is my current slayer level, but it will grow. that's what she said

This is my bank at the moment

I'm on my 81st task at the moment, but up until task 70 i was doing the 9 Mazchna then 1 my highest (which has been Chaeldar) but then i decided gently caress it, i have my helmet and the better ones are just a bonus and since it's tedious as gently caress doing 9 boring and 1 more exciting task i decided to just go all out. I only started collecting stuff about 5 tasks ago and even then i wasn't picking much up (I also got Trolls, gently caress trolls).

P.S

Look at this charming mother fucker, i love him.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

:rock: SLAYER IS loving RADICAL :rock:

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Just a simple slayer task with blue dragons, this is what i got

BUT WHERE ARE THE BONES

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Soulhunter posted:

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my banning. I shall take no loot, hold no whips, summon no familiars. I shall wear no party hats and win no glory. I shall live and die at my computer. I am the sword in the abyss. I am the poster on the boards. I am the dragonfire that burns against cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the barbassers, the shield that guards the realms of Gielinor. I pledge my account and honor to the Bot Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

:vince:

My last request before being banned is that this be put in the OP

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 22, 2014

joachim783
May 9, 2013

Swicky posted:

Just a simple slayer task with blue dragons, this is what i got

BUT WHERE ARE THE BONES

Don't use bone crusher with dragons you can double the amount you make on a task by picking them up, i also recommend taking the highest level of sign of the porter you can make because it auto banks all the hide you pick up, unfortunately it doesn't work on bones though.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Me when I'm useful:

Too bad I'm useless 99% of the time.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

joachim783 posted:

Don't use bone crusher with dragons

Alternatively, always use bonecrusher but combine it with those dungeonnering prayer necklaces so you can pray all task long and also

(Dragon rider necklace is good too, bonus xp for burying dragon bones)

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 23, 2014

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008
Swicky! Why don't you have 55 wizard magic for high alchemy? Exploding rune gear into coins on the spot is one of the best things about slaying.

I just helped Drakkar slay Kalphite Queen and I had never been there before and had no idea what she would do aside from spawning bugs and switching forms. I had to go back to town for a rope, I used every bit of my food, I safespotted her bugs on her rear end, and we won with 2k left on my life bar. Slayer!

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
It went much better than I was expecting. I usually get on around 1 AM EST, I am more than willing to help you in any way I can in the future.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

palamedes posted:

Swicky! Why don't you have 55 wizard magic for high alchemy? Exploding rune gear into coins on the spot is one of the best things about slaying.

I just helped Drakkar slay Kalphite Queen and I had never been there before and had no idea what she would do aside from spawning bugs and switching forms. I had to go back to town for a rope, I used every bit of my food, I safespotted her bugs on her rear end, and we won with 2k left on my life bar. Slayer!

Like i said to Joachim ingame, i could do that but it takes up more time, and i like to be lazy

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
Did I seriously miss dungeoneering weekend because I was working like crazy? Mother. Fucker. My most hated skill gets double xp/tokens for the weekend and I miss it :smith:

PhantomBowie
Sep 3, 2009

"I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human."

Professor Oak posted:

Did I seriously miss dungeoneering weekend because I was working like crazy? Mother. Fucker. My most hated skill gets double xp/tokens for the weekend and I miss it :smith:

It's okay Professor. We understand Gary and Ash can be quite a hand full.

edit: On topic though, digging the slayer chat. I barely have free time in my life for RS anymore. So I mostly just try to do some slayer tasks. I definitely hoard my loot in the bank just so I can see it and feel awesome.

dumb bunny
Jan 30, 2014

Fun Shoe
Hello, I'm Taco Dong and I'd like a clan invite, thanks

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

luzie posted:

10/10 post

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

luzie posted:

Give this goon an invite.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Embrace SlayerScape

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Professor Oak posted:

Dungeoneering is cool and great though. It's not like agility or smithing where you nearly get nothing out of training them. Play with goons and it will definitely suck less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

Professor Oak posted:

It was only dub tokens and the double xp was solely from sinkholes. We used it as an excuse to get a lot of the newer guys to occults, though, so there should be more people to group with.