Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

VideoGames posted:

if you have a problem with imp zone then your probably just some self hating games poster really

its weird because imp zone regulars could also be vidya posters

what if imp zone has a problem with you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hubris.height posted:

Then you're probably a real bad poster.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Of course I say "you" in the general sense of "one." Were I referring to you, hubris.height, I would not say "probably."

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

FactsAreUseless posted:

Then you're probably a real bad poster.

well no poo poo einstein its kind of my thing

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

games has really sucked lately. thank god i still have 8chan for my reasonable articulate discussions

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
after FYAD teamed up with reddit to brutally corrupt games jouranlism forever SA was never the same...

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
nice

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

hubris.height posted:

then i would be shocked. imp zone loves video games. games should also love video games.

i, being video games, should be loved everywhere.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

kewpuh, what are your feelings on being a choice member of the cabal of imp zone posters hell bent on ruining games?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

VideoGames posted:

i, being video games, should be loved everywhere.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

afeelgoodpoop posted:

some channer is talking poo poo

I've been accused of being widestancer's lapdog, so I guess Kewpuh's pet has a pet

lol

but yea which one of you big babies is this, I bet kewpuh gave you a 6 hour probation and you got super mad

*edit*

it actually sounds like a super angry archeage dude, I saw some people parroting the same line until they got shamed out of the topic and offsite

eonwe fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 23, 2014

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I bet he bookmarked the archeage, xbox one and star citizen thread.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ekster posted:

I bet he bookmarked the archeage, xbox one and star citizen thread.

truly the golden threads of our forum

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Those threads are only bad because the games themselves (and one console) are bad, and goons like mocking terrible poo poo.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Tokaii strikes again!

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
Well just bought Just Cause 2 for a friend, which led me to finding out that it is having a sequel made. Here is to hoping it'll be as good as two.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Ramba Ral posted:

Well just bought Just Cause 2 for a friend, which led me to finding out that it is having a sequel made. Here is to hoping it'll be as good as two.

I hate to dash your hopes but it appears to be very microtransaction heavy.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Has any recent war game at least partially presented the force opposing America in a positive light.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Ramba Ral posted:

There were some super screenshots of it leaked that showed it having super duper absolutely insane microtransaction poo poo, but apparently they've confirmed that was literally from a stage of development where they were still still figuring out what they even wanted to do with the game and those are no longer planned to be in the game apparently.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

euphronius posted:

Has any recent war game at least partially presented the force opposing America in a positive light.

A Distant Plain :v:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Just get farcry 4 or red faction guerilla to scratch that itch until we know if it's good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was just wondering. I do not like wargames at all really.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung

Ahundredbux posted:

Just get farcry 4 or red faction guerilla to scratch that itch until we know if it's good

Guerilla is a great game and shame that the sequel failed to live up to it.

I am trying to get to play fc iv but it isn't Blood Dragon, which hurts it. But I did enjoy flying a bootleg chopper and dropping molotovs at people.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
The problem is that they are two different games since Armageddon is strictly a linear experience.

I still found both to be fun

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Armageddon had decent shooting but the entire game being set in a horribly drab cave got really tiring after a bit.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Ramba Ral posted:

I know I'm really late to the party but I just finished Just Cause 2 last night and it was a drat good game. It felt like it could've been released today but it's, what, five years old? It felt really polished for an open-world game and I couldn't believe how big the world was and how much stuff there was to do.

So yeah, basically, if you don't have the game yet it's on sale on Steam so go buy it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Ddraig posted:

I hate to dash your hopes but it appears to be very microtransaction heavy.

I'm pretty sure the studio that's making the game debunked that already. Like the early screenshots that leaked were some ridiculously early build where they were just throwing ideas out or something.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Hannibal Smith posted:

I know I'm really late to the party but I just finished Just Cause 2 last night and it was a drat good game. It felt like it could've been released today but it's, what, five years old? It felt really polished for an open-world game and I couldn't believe how big the world was and how much stuff there was to do.

So yeah, basically, if you don't have the game yet it's on sale on Steam so go buy it.

I judge open world games by mobility.

In GTA you go around an obstacle,
In Just Cause you go over it,
In Red Faction you go through it

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
What's up with everyone saying Far Cry 4 is amazing? It seems pretty cool at first but then it turns out to be just more soulless ubisoft open world garbage.

Also, gamers are psycopaths apparently. I keep reading comments about the ending where people are surprised that Pagan Min turns out to be a good guy, because apparently torturing and murdering thousands of people doesn't matter since he wasn't actually planning to kill the protagonist.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Maybe it's like CoD. They found a timeless game principle and will now just poo poo out part after part.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Weeell, Farcry 3 was fun and 4 is more of the same. But I think most people are aware it's no piece of art.

Mushball
May 23, 2012
I guess the locales are pretty in Far Cry 3/4 and people can go nuts like Rambo nailing dudes with arrows and fire machine guns from the hip while screaming their heads off.

I am not sure why it thinks of itself as thought provoking high art when it will never be more than an action movie that players can star in.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mushball posted:

I guess the locales are pretty in Far Cry 3/4 and people can go nuts like Rambo nailing dudes with arrows and fire machine guns from the hip while screaming their heads off.

I am not sure why it thinks of itself as thought provoking high art when it will never be more than an action movie that players can star in.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Some game devs look jealously at their movie director cousins and want to be just as 'culturally relevant' as them, instead of just making really good games because games aren't movies and are great on their own if done properly.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Far Cry 4 is trying to be two different things and not really being very good at either of them.

It should focus on being one thing and making that good rather than making two lackluster halves that make a disappointing whole.

I think I gave up after the Prison. That was a very poo poo, unfun segment. Especially as you have to hide from these things when you've got a perfectly serviceable piece of metal you can use to smash their stupid imaginary skulls in with.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE
I don't think it's really about being culturally relevant, just that a lot of times aaa game devs try to make their games cinematic. Which seems like a good idea at first, but it turns out that trying to make games like you make movies turns out about as well as trying to make movies like you make books. Which is to say not very well most of the time

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Yeah, being locked in a prison while you're tripping balls is a nice cinematic experience, but why exactly am I supposed to be hiding from these things when I've killed them before in a different hallucination and have spent every second of the game, up to this point, killing things?

I've even killed poo poo while being deliberately drugged by two new age burnouts.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
I liked FC4 for the first 8 hours or so, but then I got kinda bored of climbing the radio towers and driving around. Now I'm eyeing it up as one of the games to delete for more space on my PS4. I start the game and look at all the different missions I could go to, and then just exit out and close it. It doesn't help that it was yet another FPS while I was already playing through 2 of them. It's very pretty though.

Luckily there's nothing I want until March now so I've got a few months to clear out some of my backlog.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Blood Dragon was fun but I really wish people would stop trying to turn the 80s into the next steampunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Its the same thing that happens with every new medium, it copies older ones for legitimacy while the old ones take stuff from it to look fresh

• Locked thread