Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

BlindSite posted:

Diaz Maynard was a standing KO that was real ugly because the ref didn't do his job and help Maynard when he was out on his feet, instead Maynard stumbled down like a pisshead.

Pete Sell/Matt Brown is one I remember very well. Sell just kept getting hit (and even lost his mouthpiece at one point) and it was clear he didn't know where the gently caress he was, but he just wouldn't go down. Matt Brown looked distraught that he had to keep hitting the guy. Yves Lavigne was a loving moron for not stopping it sooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Dexters Secret posted:

What's the biggest combo ever pulled off in the MMA world, I'm going to link it to CM Punk

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

http://youtu.be/BLYBlQIf2A0?t=43s

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Diaz Maynard was a standing KO that was real ugly because the ref didn't do his job and help Maynard when he was out on his feet, instead Maynard stumbled down like a pisshead.

haha pisshead

I love standing KO's, and one of the best is Daley/Kampmann. Kampmann refused to go down despite being on another planet. If you're gonna get knocked out, that's the 2nd manliest way to do it.

Right behind winning a decision while unconscious and buying a slice of pizza out of spite.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

freud mayweather posted:

Right behind winning a decision while unconscious and buying a slice of pizza out of spite.

story please

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Dan Henderson posted:

Most people know I got my jaw broken in the (Carlos) Newton fight, but they don't know that the shot that did it also knocked me out cold. I stayed on my feet but I was totally blacked out and dont remember anything in the fight after that punch.

When I came to, I was getting loaded into the ambulance by my coach and another guy. I asked them 'What happened, did I lose?' and they said 'No Dan, you won, you won,' and whatever, but I could see across the path there was a pizza shop and Carlos Newton was in there eating a slice of pizza. That really pissed me off that he got to eat pizza and I had to go home in an ambulance. I thought if I won the fight shouldnt it be the other way around? So I was ticked off.

So I got out of the ambulance while the ambulance guy wasn't paying attention and ...walked across the path to the pizza store. I was really out of it from pain medication but I kept my cool and got in there and managed to order a slice. As Ii left the store I looked over at Carlos and gave him a nod and sort of motioned to my pizza to say 'Yeah, good job,' yknow, but to let him know that I won the fight and I deserved that pizza more than him.

I don't remember what happened after, but I woke up again the next morning in the hospital and the pizza was still there beside my bed. So if anyone ever tells you that Newton should've won that decision, now you can tell them why they're wrong.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Most people know I got my jaw broken in the (Carlos) Newton fight, but they don’t know that the shot that did it also knocked me out cold. I stayed on my feet but I was totally blacked out and dont remember anything in the fight after that punch.

When I came to, I was getting loaded into the ambulance by my coach and another guy. I asked them ‘What happened, did I lose?’ and they said ‘No Dan, you won, you won,’ and whatever, but I could see across the path there was a pizza shop and Carlos Newton was in there eating a slice of pizza. That really pissed me off that he got to eat pizza and I had to go home in an ambulance. I thought if I won the fight shouldnt it be the other way around? So I was ticked off.

So I got out of the ambulance while the ambulance guy wasn’t paying attention and …walked across the path to the pizza store. I was really out of it from pain medication but I kept my cool and got in there and managed to order a slice. As Ii left the store I looked over at Carlos and gave him a nod and sort of motioned to my pizza to say ‘Yeah, good job,’ yknow, but to let him know that I won the fight and I deserved that pizza more than him.

I don’t remember what happened after, but I woke up again the next morning in the hospital and the pizza was still there beside my bed. So if anyone ever tells you that Newton should’ve won that decision, now you can tell them why they’re wrong.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Ben Saunders vs. Brandon Wolff is still the longest combo after it's landed and I don't care how many time I have to post it. Everything past the dick kick is insane.

And what will happen if CM Punk faces a competent striker.

http://www.ufc.com/media/Saunders-vs-Wolff-UFN-16-Prelim-Fight

Edit - No joke, I see eight knees in a row then twelve a little later - then loving FIFTEEN in a row a little later.

Still the worst beat down I've ever seen.

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Dec 23, 2014

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

well that guy sounds really loving cool

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G90YcgwAZTM

Yoshihiro Takayama shows what happens when "pro wrestling" is your only combat sports background

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G90YcgwAZTM

Yoshihiro Takayama shows what happens when "pro wrestling" is your only combat sports background

This is still an excellent display of what the words "Refusal to die" mean.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Captain Log posted:

This is still an excellent display of what the words "Refusal to die" mean.

"Bushido spirit" translates to "facial reconstructive surgery"

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

"Bushido spirit" translates to "facial reconstructive surgery"

"Sorry guys...my ear fell off."

Actual words from a professional fighter.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Captain Log posted:

Ben Saunders vs. Brandon Wolff is still the longest combo after it's landed and I don't care how many time I have to post it. Everything past the dick kick is insane.

And what will happen if CM Punk faces a competent striker.

http://www.ufc.com/media/Saunders-vs-Wolff-UFN-16-Prelim-Fight

Edit - No joke, I see eight knees in a row then twelve a little later - then loving FIFTEEN in a row a little later.

Still the worst beat down I've ever seen.

There were like 50 knees because Killa B hates faces

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

well that guy sounds really loving cool

He is. Get to know Hendo by watching this .gif on repeat: With this song playing in the background

After four minutes and twenty-three seconds, you will know all you need to know about Dan "Hendo" Henderson. God bless. For advanced-level Hendo love, tweet that gif to Michael Bisping.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I'll post this here as well.

What the big dogs do first, the little guys follow ... It appears that Bellator is in talks with Alberto Del Rio according to Scott Coker.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/12/23/7438867/bellator-in-talks-with-former-wwe-star-alberto-del-rio

quote:

Could Rodriguez return to MMA with Bellator next? Coker likes the idea.

"He's had a lot of great MMA fights and I just think that would be a fun time to see him fight some of the guys we have on our roster," Coker said.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

TheCool69 posted:

I'll post this here as well.

What the big dogs do first, the little guys follow ... It appears that Bellator is in talks with Alberto Del Rio according to Scott Coker.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/12/23/7438867/bellator-in-talks-with-former-wwe-star-alberto-del-rio

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It's a shame he unmasked when he went to WWE, I'd love to see a masked MMA guy in 2015.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Del Rio getting his head kicked off by Cro-cop (when he was good) speaks well of Del Rio on a few levels. Guy has balls, for one.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
And a much larger bank account by the end of it, I'd imagine.

How much will CM Punk's can be paid? Because if it's big enough then I wish to throw my hat into the "I will Fight CM Punk" club.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Lord let it be Willie Mack https://twitter.com/Willie_Mack/status/547127438715940864

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

I can't believe it has been over 5 years and this still makes me smile like a kid on Christmas.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

1st AD posted:

Most people know I got my jaw broken in the (Carlos) Newton fight, but they don’t know that the shot that did it also knocked me out cold. I stayed on my feet but I was totally blacked out and dont remember anything in the fight after that punch.

When I came to, I was getting loaded into the ambulance by my coach and another guy. I asked them ‘What happened, did I lose?’ and they said ‘No Dan, you won, you won,’ and whatever, but I could see across the path there was a pizza shop and Carlos Newton was in there eating a slice of pizza. That really pissed me off that he got to eat pizza and I had to go home in an ambulance. I thought if I won the fight shouldnt it be the other way around? So I was ticked off.

So I got out of the ambulance while the ambulance guy wasn’t paying attention and …walked across the path to the pizza store. I was really out of it from pain medication but I kept my cool and got in there and managed to order a slice. As Ii left the store I looked over at Carlos and gave him a nod and sort of motioned to my pizza to say ‘Yeah, good job,’ yknow, but to let him know that I won the fight and I deserved that pizza more than him.

I don’t remember what happened after, but I woke up again the next morning in the hospital and the pizza was still there beside my bed. So if anyone ever tells you that Newton should’ve won that decision, now you can tell them why they’re wrong.

Carlos Newton must be one of the unluckiest mma fighters. He's lost at least two fights where the other fighter was unconscious.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

He lost the drat belt by choking a guy out.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

As you can see, the kick missed and Del Rio took a dive. Otherwise he would have won handily.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

count the knee bends

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Eat This Glob posted:

He is. Get to know Hendo by watching this .gif on repeat: With this song playing in the background

loving christ. any of his matches NOT behind the ufc paywall? i don't really watch mma but i'll watch this guy kill a man

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Isn't disliking Hendo actual treason over there in the US?
Like, you can get a prison sentence and everything.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Hendo-Bisping was literally the only UFC event I've ever watched live. Nothing on this planet will ever get the reaction out of me that those two punches did. They really played up how much of a oval office Bisping was because I didn't feel bad about that happening at all.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

loving christ. any of his matches NOT behind the ufc paywall? i don't really watch mma but i'll watch this guy kill a man

Its almost as if the UFC's business plan is selling fights.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Aurain posted:

Isn't disliking Hendo actual treason over there in the US?
Like, you can get a prison sentence and everything.

You're thinking of Don Frye

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Its almost as if the UFC's business plan is selling fights.

hey man, i was able to watch that soldier get a million knees to the face for free that question isn't that invalid for someone who's exposure to mma is that match and that gif

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Critical posted:

Hendo-Bisping was literally the only UFC event I've ever watched live. Nothing on this planet will ever get the reaction out of me that those two punches did. They really played up how much of a oval office Bisping was because I didn't feel bad about that happening at all.

if you don't get a literal erection seeing bisping get his rear end kicked by anyone than mma is the wrong entertainment for you

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

loving christ. any of his matches NOT behind the ufc paywall?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRUW4-hfu4Q&hd=1

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7rd0YTPEw8

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I looked for the Shogun fight to post because it was sad/hilarious/awesome, but I couldn't find it.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3myj5vGcXIs

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

No the second one where Hendo threw Shogun into a massive hook in that 97 degree arena in Brazil.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Meat Recital posted:

As you can see, the kick missed and Del Rio took a dive. Otherwise he would have been literally murdered by Cro Cop later in the match.

ADR did the smartest thing he could there, which was fall over and not get up the second it looked vaguely plausible. I applaud him for getting in the ring with Mirko though, takes some serious cojones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Memento posted:

ADR did the smartest thing he could there, which was fall over and not get up the second it looked vaguely plausible. I applaud him for getting in the ring with Mirko though, takes some serious cojones.

He got kicked in the head and was knocked out. There was nothing smart about it.

• Locked thread