Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Twitter trolling Hannity is a lot like being a Christian.

You send your messages to the man, you'll probably never get a real reply, but in your heart of hearts you know he is listening, caring, and moving in mysterious ways on his bowflex machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

change my name posted:

For too long, you have been asking "who is tenementfunster.com?" Well, *breaks down weeping in the toothpaste isle*

Toothpaste Isle is one of the lesser known tax havens of the Dutch Antilles.
Explorer 1: "I say, don't these native chaps have the whitest teeth?"
Explorer 2: "That gives me an idea..."

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Toothpaste Isle is one of the lesser known tax havens of the Dutch Antilles.
Explorer 1: "I say, don't these native chaps have the whitest teeth?"
Explorer 2: "That gives me an idea..."

Actually it was the Canary Islands :eng101:
(At one point toothpaste included a resin known as "dragon's blood" as an ingredient which used to be harvested from the Dracaena draco trees in the Canary islands.)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3506614&userid=166169

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Someone from the forums tracked that goon's family down and told them that the person in question is secretly trans, with nasty consequences. The weird blanked posts were the result of damage control.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

my dad posted:

Someone from the forums tracked that goon's family down and told them that the person in question is secretly trans, with nasty consequences. The weird blanked posts were the result of damage control.

Did a mod help or did this person just go back and blank like a thousand posts?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

theflyingorc posted:

Did a mod help or did this person just go back and blank like a thousand posts?

If a mod did it it would say "somebody" edited the posts.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

haveblue posted:

If a mod did it it would say "somebody" edited the posts.

That is impressive dedication.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

my dad posted:

oh

Spanish Manlove posted:

To be fair, you nerds eat up his really tame posting and bend over backwards to react to it in the most retarded ways possible.

Why does the guy who gets really mad moderating a forum for free constantly call people nerds

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe

That DICK! posted:

Why does the guy who gets really mad moderating a forum for free constantly call people nerds

MENSA

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Razakai posted:

thin privilege is riding animals without brutally murdering them with your enormous mass

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Context: An incredibly aggrandizing court document depicts a Bitcoin personality convicted of financial crimes as a tragic hero of classical mythology

Boxturret posted:

they should get the same lawyer for ulbritch, have him equate hiring multiple assassins to odysseus's blinding the cyclops or something

theflyingorc posted:

"Who has hacked you, Polyphemous?"

"Anonymous! Anonymous has hacked me!"

"If you don't know who hacked you, quiet down!"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

That DICK! posted:

Man it took you guys a while to realize this.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

Man it took you guys a while to realize this.

:v: It's as if you all are social inept.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

stringball posted:

Did a flea dip on a dog today at work

Why does this kid have a black eye?

Deteriorata posted:

Obviously, the dog is part boxer.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Please share the comments

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Darth123123 posted:

Please share the comments

lmao @ this guy who doesn't get the point of "Awful Quotes"

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Got one

Fucknag posted:

lmao @ this guy who doesn't get the point of "Awful Quotes"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sweet Tea posted:

it's christmas, let the man suck a horses dick in peace.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
someone had an original question in the askcops thread

Baracula posted:

Do you call noncops civilians

Smiling Jack posted:

Ten minutes into the future...

An officer browsing the something awful forums reads Baracula's post on his smartphone. He suddenly steps from his RMP and rips his shield from his chest and strides off down the street, a heavy burden lifted. His partner does the same. A curious passerby picks up the discarded phone and reads the same message. "Wait!" he shouts to the crowd gathering around the abandonded police car. "Police officers are civilians also!" Murmurs, then shouts from the crowd as they realize the implication. More and more of them log into the forums- many of them registering for the first time- to read the post.

The forums quickly crash. It is too late. The post is repeated on Facebook, on Reddit, everywhere. Within seconds it goes viral, in minutes it is broadcast on every major news network in every major language. Frenzied volunteers parachute into remote regions of the earth to spread the idea that "cops are civilians also" to uncontacted tribes that don't even know what police are. Philosophers marvel at the brevity and clarity and earth shattering revelation of Baracula.

Baracula's identity is quickly discovered, and hordes descend upon his modest split level house in a drab suburban sprawl. Baracula's mom looks up from the stove where she is heating a fresh pack of hot pockets to see a crowd of silent millions waiting just beyond their property line. She opens the basement door and calls out "Billy? Are you watching anime again? You have visitors?"

"MOM I SAID CALL ME BARACULA."

"Well the hot pockets are ready dear... you should come upstairs."

The most famed and wise person of our age emerges from his basement and looks out the window. A mighty cheer rises from the crowd when he is spotted. Baracula steps outside. Grown men weep. People injure themselves in a frenzy to disrobe. Baracula is hoisted above the crowd as millions chant his True Name.

Meanwhile, former officers abandon their posts. Rifles and tanks are left to rot. A ticket book tumbles from the hand of a traffic agent as she truly feels the sun upon her face for the first time. Somewhere, a NYPD officer places a cover on his typewriter for the last time, then leaves the precinct. He doesn't bother to lock the door behind him. Outside, anarchy, true, glorious anarachy, voluntary order is unleashed upon the world. Wall street shuts down. Racism ends forverer. Fortune 500 CEOs dress in sack cloth and ashes.

An overcrowded inner-city classroom being taught by an underprepared non-union Teach For America graduate and using state of Texas approved science books cures cancer.

The staggering amount of positive energy causes Yggdrasil, long dormant under the earth to suddenly grow. The Bhudda, Thor and Mohammed descend from the branches. All of humanity becomes enlightened.

Baracula watches from his golden throne, built atop a staggering pile of abandonded police equipment.

There is no more need for prisons or courthouses, the structures themselves spontaneously crumble into dust.

The greatest scientists and engineers of our day work to broadcast the message to the universe. Suddenly, a breakthrough. Humanity has become so united that Gaia, the lifeplanet forms. Baracula begins to glow. Instantaneous transmission of information, faster than light, is now possible.

Suddenly, white girls on instagram find that they can even.

On Cyclon47, a two meter tall beetle looks up from a console and clicks mandibles together rhythmically. "SECURITY FORCES ARE WORKERS ALSO". The beetle, caught up in the unity of message, begins to glow as well.

The message spreads, from planet to planet. Entropy itself is reversed.

On earth, the glow is now blinding. Humans, pets, animials, even plants, begin to transform into pure energy.

transcendence

On earth, in Baracula's old home, a hot pocket slowly cools.

A ghostly hand reaches for it.

Victor Vermis posted:

Book your pilgrimage tickets now, millions will be flocking to the new Kabaa, reliquary of The Hotpocket Most Divine.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Holy :stare:

Smiling Jack needs an award.

Hobo By Design
Mar 17, 2009

Hobo By Intent or Robo Hobo?
Ramrod XTreme
Question in the Technical thread: how can someone easily find their own profile?

anthonypants posted:

You can click on someone else's profile, and change the URL from userid=numbers to username=Infinite Monkeys

Hargrimm posted:

Or just remove the whole userid parameter to get your own

radiums enemy posted:

Holy poo poo

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

VendaGoat posted:

Holy :stare:

Smiling Jack needs an award.

yeah and hopefully the award is a bullet in the brain to put the dumb retard out of his misery if those are the types of posts he makes lmfao

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

one night this chick and i went out on a great second date. nice meal, live music by the beach and all that other atmospheric poo poo. we head back to her place afterwards after drinking and watch a movie with some wine. so the movie is about this ungrateful kid who tosses aside all his worldly possessions and relationships to go travel around with hippies and live in the woods. not a date movie imo but she was glad i was paying attention to it i guess. anyway, things are progressing and she's going down on me towards the end of the film. i'm really tired and still drunk and then this kid eats like a poison berry or something. so right as he realizes he's going to die and starts crying i just blow my whole load right in her mouth while we are both watching. it was just awkward and i basically lost the mood and didn't reciprocate anything . sorry girl you were actually really nice

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Is he talking about Into the Wild?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kavak posted:

Is he talking about Into the Wild?

Yes.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Let's hope he's better at protect & serving than he is at posting, jeez

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
smiling jack was one of the least bloodthirsty cop posters a few years ago, but no idea how he is now

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

Last night I filled a shopping cart up with awesome brand new toys and took them to the toys for tots box they have in the front of the store and just put them all in their.

So either Walmart just donated $300+ worth of toys or someone is going to have to empty the toys for tots box in front of customers and put them back on the shelf.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

THE PENETRATOR posted:

yeah and hopefully the award is a bullet in the brain to put the dumb retard out of his misery if those are the types of posts he makes lmfao

Did a cop kill your sense of humor?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

VendaGoat posted:

Maybe, it was pretty dark.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

cock hero flux posted:

:drat:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

cock hero flux posted:

:airquote:blue:airquote: humor

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

cock hero flux posted:

o_o

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

Sorry vendagoat, it's a badpost.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Gorilla Salad posted:

Just in time for Christmas, Fail Army gives us: the Nutcracker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnoDEK6FMiE

Centripetal Horse posted:

The Nutcracker. Sweet.

:v:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cock hero flux posted:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

no they will not posted:

Sorry vendagoat, it's a badpost.

I will submit to rehabilitation then.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

VendaGoat posted:

I will submit to rehabilitation then.

Fox really gutted the budget of Idiocracy when they finally realized what it was about.

please don't tell me that's an actual still from the movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

syscall girl posted:

Fox really gutted the budget of Idiocracy when they finally realized what it was about.

please don't tell me that's an actual still from the movie

What else would it be?

• Locked thread