Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Commoners posted:

I want to make it out to the onionhead system to sell space weed from my rusty windowless space van, but I don't have enough jump capacity to get there apparently. How do I get out there or make quick money so I can get out there? :(

Get a better FSD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Rockstar fixed the awful aiming/deadzone in GTA V.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

Rockstar fixed the awful aiming/deadzone in GTA V.

Thank god, it drove me crazy and with half the Internet going "nuh uh it's fine no problems here" I thought maybe it wouldnt get fixed

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Thank god, it drove me crazy and with half the Internet going "nuh uh it's fine no problems here" I thought maybe it wouldnt get fixed

There are now options to enable/disable acceleration and deadzone. Fps mode is still clunky, but much better now.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I've spent the last few days in Elite ranking up in the Federal Navy and figured out a few things. After the first handful of ranks you start getting system permit missions telling you to go to a new system for the next missions. So far the bulletin board has spat out permit for Beta Hydri, Vega, Hors, and a couple others- one per rank. The next mission comes out of a common pool (fetch, deliver, assasinate) and gets offered in any Federation aligned station in the latest unlocked system. I suspect (but not sure yet) that there is a cooldown between rank missions around the time you hit Ensign, and it looks to be about 24 hours. During the cooldown time no progression mission is offered but the last system permit mission continues to be offered, but unavailable since it's already complete. Hit Lt. Commander last night and noted the time- going to check again tonight to confirm the cooldown period.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Pochoclo posted:

Working from the Lave cluster of rares, I went through elimination process and found another group of clustered (a bit more loosely though) rares at a convenient 140-150 ly distance. Theoretically you could go back and forth between them with something with 50-70 cargo space and make some good profit, I will try this once I buy my cobra tonight. The Leathery Eggs are like 23k each though, something to keep in mind

Lavian Brandy - Lave (Lave Station)
Diso Ma Corn - Diso (Shifnalport)
Leestian Evil Juice - Leesti (George Lucas)
Azure Milk - Leesti (George Lucas)
Leathery Eggs - Zaonce (Ridley Scott)
Orrerian Vicious Brew - Orrere (Sharon Lee Free Market)

Zeessze Ant Grub Glue - Zeessze (Nicollier Hanger)
Pantaa Prayer Sticks - George Pantazis (Zamka Platform)
Altairian Skin - Altair (Solo Orbiter)
Centauri Mega Gin - Alpha Centauri (Hutton Orbital)
Indi Bourbon - Epsilon Indi (Mansfield Orbiter)
Bast Snake Gin - Bast (Hart Station)

I'm going to give this a go this evening once I get done sight-seeing in the North America Sector (:911:).

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I just go shoot mans for cash. Size 5 Class A shield + 2xSize 3 Class A shield bank =

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjjPcCmY6cw

Also military grade composite for extra gently caress you value :coal:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Good news, everyone!

http://techreport.com/news/27535/s-t-a-l-k-e-r-studio-re-opens-plans-new-project

TechReport posted:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R studio re-opens, plans new project

Three years after shutting down, GSC Game World, the studio behind the excellent S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, is back in action. The guys at GamesIndustry.biz have scored an interview with GSC's Valentine Yeltyshev, who helped shed light on what happened three years ago—and on what GSC is up to now.

Speaking about the canceled S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 project, Yeltyshev told GamesIndustry.biz, "Actually, STALKER 2 was in the middle of development, but we started to realise that we weren't ready to complete the game at the level of quality that we thought it should be. That was connected to a lack of specific people in the team."

By that point, some of the GSC folks had already left for 4A Games, which released the acclaimed Metro 2033 in 2010. Following GSC's demise, other team members went on to form West Games and Vostok Games, the latter of which is now developing a post-apocalyptic MMOFPS called Survivarium.

Yeltyshev says GSC still has a "solid team" and doesn't plan to hire any of those people back, at least for now. Also, while GSC still has the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 assets on hand, it's apparently got its sights set on another project:

[GamesIndustry.biz:] You've got a new, unannounced game in the works. The market is very different to what it was four years ago, have you been tempted to change with it and try free-to-play or mobile development?

[Yeltyshev:] "We're pretty sure about our fans. The market we're in is quite old fashioned, they're not 16 year olds, they're 25-40 years old. We don't think free-to-play is the right model for the game we want to make. So we're making an old-fashioned, full price game, we think our audience will be happy about that. We're expecting a lot of our old audience!"

Sounds nice. Too bad we don't know more. GSC has a new website up, so I expect details about the new project will start to trickle out there eventually. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fK3vQoczJk

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Valiant hearts is a WWI puzzle/adventure game that came out earlier this year. Its a good game, but let me talk about something more important.

This Dog right here.

It wears goggles

You automatically pet the dog when it retrieves items for you. You can also pet the dog with a press of a button.

10/10 GOTY 2014 would play and feel depressed all over again.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
The only thing that's killing gta online for me is the stupid long loading times. poo poo is bonkers, man.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

ElMaligno posted:

Valiant hearts is a WWI puzzle/adventure game that came out earlier this year. Its a good game, but let me talk about something more important.

This Dog right here.

It wears goggles

You automatically pet the dog when it retrieves items for you. You can also pet the dog with a press of a button.

10/10 GOTY 2014 would play and feel depressed all over again.

There is no way that dog lives through the game.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Alien Isolation is loving creepy

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

at the date posted:

I'm pretty sure the dog is the only one that makes it to the end.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

they're called doggles idiot

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

krispykremessuck posted:

they're called doggles idiot

God they didnt have doggles back in WWI,check your facts bro.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hey N4I are you having fun doing nerd poo poo all on your lonesome out in the back rear end end of nowhere? 'cause I'm back in the core systems blowing up pirates and drug smugglers and being awesome. :smug:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I turned in 2 million credits worth of exploration data and whittled down my Netflix queue :shrug:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I turned in 2 million credits worth of exploration data and whittled down my Netflix queue :shrug:

Exploration data? Is this like the game no man's sky where the devs don't even know what's out there? At least is it people mapping for other people? Because that is my poo poo.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Exploration data? Is this like the game no man's sky where the devs don't even know what's out there? At least is it people mapping for other people? Because that is my poo poo.

You go into systems and scan out celestial bodies and then sell the info at least 20LY away.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm sitting on 14 million credits and making more blowing people up. Also watching Boardwalk Empire for the first time. Finishing season two, and uh wowzers the incest thing came out of nowhere :barf:

I can't remember the last time I played a game with the sound on.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I am on the way to sell space weed.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
Is selling the data worth more if you scan all the stars and planets individually too? Or is it just based off how many bodies your scanner detects?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Endless Legend went on sale, seems to be a pretty cool civ like game. Has semi-controllable combat and hero dudes for your army.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

elite_garbage_man posted:

Is selling the data worth more if you scan all the stars and planets individually too? Or is it just based off how many bodies your scanner detects?

You get good cash for places that can be exploited for materials, and lots of cash for habitable planets (check G type stars). Save up for an advanced scanner since the other ones are garbage, and get a detailed surface scanner if you want to get more than peanuts out of selling scans.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I would like to be able to afford an exploration ship but it seems really difficult to make money.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Also even with the best scanner you still need to be able to read parallax well enough to spot some of the further out poo poo. There's some tricks like getting off the orbital plane and just plain looking for poo poo that looks brighter than the backdrop. Also patience.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Advanced scanner will grab an entire system, even pesky poo poo a few hundred thousand ls out. I haven't used parallax since I got it.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Advanced scanner will grab an entire system, even pesky poo poo a few hundred ls out. I haven't used parallax since I got it.

I thought it had a limited range. Like, 1kLS. If it's unlimited I'm picking one up, if not it's not my first priority since parallax is easy enough if you're not blind.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Advanced has unlimited range. Parallax is useless for the really far stuff. First black hole system I went to stumped me because you can't find black on black and the companion star was way the gently caress out there. Don't bother going on long expeditions without an advanced scanner + detailed surface scanner.

E: If I recall correctly, basic has a 100 ls range and intermediate has 400 ls. So like I said, they're garbage.

EBB fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 23, 2014

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

My space game has flamethrowers, checkmate.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Advanced has unlimited range. Parallax is useless for the really far stuff. First black hole system I went to stumped me because you can't find black on black and the companion star was way the gently caress out there. Don't bother going on long expeditions without an advanced scanner + detailed surface scanner.

I haven't been. I actually started over the other day because I didn't want to fly the freagle to Barnard's Loop. I need to build up some decent scratch in a hauler first and outfit a ship that's a bit more suited to long expeditions. And I needed a better fuel scoop.

Also I've never had a problem spotting stuff out at as far as 130kLS so... I wouldn't say parallax is useless, just not the easiest thing in the world. I suppose I could just be supremely lucky.

How much does the advanced scanner typically cost? I didn't and probably won't farm rares because I'm too lazy for that poo poo, so if you tell me that it's over a million creds I'm gonna tell you that I don't give a poo poo and I'll keep using my rinky-dink 400LS one because I'm not really minmaxing this game, just intragalactic sightseeing.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010

Equine Don posted:

My space game has flamethrowers, checkmate.

I would finish his game if i wasn't such a big bitch

ps thanks for the ED tips

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Advanced scanner goes for about 1.5 million.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Advanced scanner goes for about 1.5 million.

Yeah, that's in line with what I expected and while maybe one day I'll get there, I have bigger priorities than that for 1.5m.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
:nws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouXmdMiRRZw

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

at the date posted:

Carteret posted:

I'm pretty sure the dog is the only one that makes it to the end.

Just finished the game and one guy dies and everyone else is traumatized for life.

Also this loving game is good at illustrating the brutality of war than all the modern COD combined. poo poo owns.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

ElMaligno posted:

Also this loving game is good at illustrating the brutality of war than all the modern COD combined. poo poo owns.

Spec Ops: The Line does that too.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Lazy Reservist posted:

Spec Ops: The Line does that too.

This is all your fault.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

PS4 Digital Download Voucher Games: Far Cry 4, Destiny, NBA 2K15 or LBP 3 $28 (Digital Download Voucher) - http://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/fp/140950

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

yo.if anyone want a 30day trial key for the Secret World MMO, let me know.

• Locked thread