Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Really, I only hate the Piss Cave because pubs are bad at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Oblivious posted:

Fracture Fantasy XIV: A Rotation Reborn

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

ilifinicus posted:

Item you get from being married, the two pictured are our married couple that got wed only 7 hours prior to this kill.

Does it go away after time? It might be worth doing just so I can have fancy anime wings 24/7

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

"Henshin-a Kupo, baby!"

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

pksage posted:

I always find it interesting when people like Coerthas. I thought it was horrible bullshit that went on for way too long, but a lot of people seemed to like it. Diff'rent strokes!

I'm really excited for the expansion's main story. They've gotten so much better at cutscenes, quests, and pretty much everything else since 2.0, and I look forward to seeing a side of Ishgard OTHER than the Highlands.

Just a cool combo with the music and the scenery. I'm a sucker for dour as gently caress mountains and castles and poo poo, and that place is full of it. Very Vampire Hunter D, I guess.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Ouhei posted:

Does it go away after time? It might be worth doing just so I can have fancy anime wings 24/7
The effect is temporary

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
So while i wait for the mog station to un-gently caress itself, go here for your chance at winning a free plat bracelet of wedding-ness so i can get the premium poo poo. just add your character name and a number between 1 and 100 in a comment on the doc and I'll pick one lucky goon via rngesus to get free premium-poo poo. must be on excal to win

viewtyjoe
Jan 5, 2009

ilifinicus posted:

The effect is temporary

Specifically, it's a consumable item, and the effect is pretty short, a few seconds or so. Great for screenshots, not so much for daily use.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

BLM to start seems pretty dull. I have thunder 2 which procs more Thunder 2 which isn't very exciting.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

nuru posted:

BLM to start seems pretty dull. I have thunder 2 which procs more Thunder 2 which isn't very exciting.

BLM is a very late bloomer. Once you have Thunder 3/Thundercloud and Fire 3/Firestarter everything is great and then it gets even better when you get Flare. Just a matter of sticking it out until then.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

kirbysuperstar posted:

BLM is a very late bloomer. Once you have Thunder 3/Thundercloud and Fire 3/Firestarter everything is great and then it gets even better when you get Flare. Just a matter of sticking it out until then.

A big part of the appeal of BLM is the huge numbers and if you have any other 50 while leveling they don't seem that huge. Once you hit 50 and start throwing out 900-1000 damage Fire, poo poo gets real.

Also the double Flare is a thing of beauty and no other class and appease my the lizard part of my brain that enjoys taking huge hits out of mobs.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Tonight we cleared T12, I got a dumb as hell hat, and my friends got gay catgirl married.

This game owns :3:

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Greetings from Exodus and <Order>~

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So between dungeons, exploration XP, a few beastman dallies, and completing my hunting log, I got myself to level 49 for the next story quest...

Only to find that there were complete quest chains that I missed that started in that stupid side room at Waking Sands. With gear rewards :suicide:

Well, granted, I am a WAR, so the set I got from the level 45 quest is still good (Though I do want the weapon upgrade). And there is no harm in getting started toward 50. Not the worst problem to have or mistake to have made, but I feel silly about it.

Still, I need some rest.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
So with the new jobs not having a base class, does that mean retainers won't be able to take them on at all? It's already annoying not being able to put pure-Job gear onto them as it is.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Question Mark Mound posted:

So with the new jobs not having a base class, does that mean retainers won't be able to take them on at all? It's already annoying not being able to put pure-Job gear onto them as it is.

The leading suspicion is that the whole class/job system is getting an overhaul.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I wouldn't mind that much if they got rid of job stones. Unlike other games, where specs are the only way to make your character play differently, we can just change entire classes with a click here.

That said, I like how I got both summoner and sch by only leveling arcanist...

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Truga posted:

I wouldn't mind that much if they got rid of job stones. Unlike other games, where specs are the only way to make your character play differently, we can just change entire classes with a click here.

That said, I like how I got both summoner and sch by only leveling arcanist...

Is summoner that class that uses the books that I can't use? I don't remember touching it after the 50 quest.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

:toot:

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
And we cleared T11 last night over on Adamantoise! Seeing everyone's achievements in this thread makes me feel all warm and :3:.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hey for all of our fracture fans, have a T9 video. But not any old T9 video. Try 7 Marauders and 1 Scholar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtE-jJDSG8E

This is just a work of art.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

97 left

impossible to do before the new year, welp

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
You're already the Captain of the Hunt what else do you want you crazy lunatic.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

DarkstarIV posted:

Hey for all of our fracture fans, have a T9 video. But not any old T9 video. Try 7 Marauders and 1 Scholar.

Christ, they pushed meteors faster than most of the five-DPS groups I've been in. So this is what it's like to watch a group that is actually Good At This Game.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

Look at all those fractures :swoon:

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Fister Roboto posted:

Look at all those fractures :swoon:

:colbert:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
That was god drat ridiculous.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
If anyone wants to use this, feel free.

Recruitment Code: G7F4A64H

I'll xp dungeons with you!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

DarkstarIV posted:

Marauder is truly the best DPS class.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Someone made this for one of my FC members.

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011

MohShuvuu posted:

Someone made this for one of my FC members.

I can't get over this

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
:toot:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Happy new year!

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I'm glad someone is keeping up our proud tradition of sincere care posting.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

RuanGacho posted:

I'm glad someone is keeping up our proud tradition of sincere care posting.

I feel like I'll take up the cause next. Velthice can be the eyes and the ears and I can be the mouth :v:

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Luna Was Here posted:

I feel like I'll take up the cause next. Velthice can be the eyes and the ears and I can be the mouth :v:

Mouth speaker? :v:

I feel like the official forums are due for some ribbing but I've been trying to hold off on making a request like previously until we know more about in what increased FC functions they're actually going to deliver on.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I was permabanned from SE forums for going "why the gently caress is this a thing" at some dumb post.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I love official forums for anything. It's OK to say the most vile, reprehensible poo poo as long as you don't cuss.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

KaneTW posted:

I was permabanned from SE forums for going "why the gently caress is this a thing" at some dumb post.

I was permabanned for linking to that BladeBlitz guy's youtube pointing out that he violated Square Enix copyrights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

RuanGacho posted:

Mouth speaker? :v:

I feel like the official forums are due for some ribbing but I've been trying to hold off on making a request like previously until we know more about in what increased FC functions they're actually going to deliver on.

I've never really cared about the 'official forums' so I'd probably post whatever someone told me. I guess people could just pm me a thread and what to say and I'd probably do it if you don't want to get banned and see the results

• Locked thread