Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

nudejedi posted:

Joined a game with pubbies (dumb, I know) and now I lost all my guns and gear. Awesome.

Crash the game and let the steam cloud sync up your old save from before the last session.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap
On 360. I went on a gold key spree and got pretty well geared up again, save for my sweet rear end Torgue Ravager.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

nudejedi posted:

Joined a game with pubbies (dumb, I know) and now I lost all my guns and gear. Awesome.

No dude, you're playing it wrong. Its actually a very fun game. Haven't you read everyone hyping it like crazy then kinda trailing off... about... gameplay.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

lets burn posted:

No dude, you're playing it wrong. Its actually a very fun game. Haven't you read everyone hyping it like crazy then kinda trailing off... about... gameplay.

Your avatar has good advice.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

rydiafan posted:

Your avatar has good advice.

I would say close your mouth while breathing but you might accidentally suffocate.

TOP 10 REASONS TO HATE BORDERLANDS: THE PRE-SEQUEL

10. Claptrap
9. Claptrap
8. Claptrap
7. Claptrap
6. Claptrap
5. Claptrap
4. Claptrap
3. Claptrap
2. Claptrap
1. Claptrap

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

lets burn posted:

You may actually really have PTSD from this game. At first I thought you were just trolling, but your inability to let this trauma go is indicative of some serious damage. Please get yourself some help, before you do something drastic like play through UVHM 6 times. I don't think the rest of us could handle that.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Skandranon posted:

You may actually really have PTSD from this game. At first I thought you were just trolling, but your inability to let this trauma go is indicative of some serious damage. Please get yourself some help, before you do something drastic like play through UVHM 6 times. I don't think the rest of us could handle that.

But UVHM is repeatable. There's no limit to the number of times he can hate it. :f5h::smithicide:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Skandranon posted:

Oh, i dont know .... :suspense:

Serious talk, with the upcoming sale, what's goonish thoughts on a good price for TPS? What would you pay in hindsight?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Thyrork posted:

Oh, i dont know .... :suspense:

Serious talk, with the upcoming sale, what's goonish thoughts on a good price for TPS? What would you pay in hindsight?

Thirty-ish is probably the lowest you'll see this holiday season.

Also, UVHM dropped for 360 sometime today.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I paid $35 for it and I felt I got my money's worth.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Amazon has it for $25 as a lightening deal right now for another 4 hours or until sold out

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
$20-$30 is probably fair; depends how hyped you are for more Borderlands.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Despite the fact I'm playing Wilhelm and mainly using lasers my buddy grabbed the prismatic bulwark before I seen it.

Should I smash his fucken brains in?
Sounds petty but he grabbed it because it's a legendary he's playing claptrap and maining shotguns...I think the little cunts been watching too much twitch.

We took a smoke break after the Zarpedon fight and I told him if he's really going to keep hold of it then we should redo the fight so I can grab one and the fat oval office then tell's me we can't as it won't respawn.

I'm almost 30 and actually pissed about a videogame item.

Am I being a twat or has he shown a total lack of manners...

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

Despite the fact I'm playing Wilhelm and mainly using lasers my buddy grabbed the prismatic bulwark before I seen it.

Sounds petty but he grabbed it because it's a legendary he's playing claptrap and maining shotguns...I think the little cunts been watching too much twitch.

We took a smoke break after the Zarpedon fight and I told him if he's really going to keep hold of it then we should redo the fight so I can grab one and the fat oval office then tell's me we can't as it won't respawn.

I have a Prismatic Bulwark and it's just fine, but I was Nisha so the extra time to kill was probably negligible.

And yes, it's super annoying that loot isn't instanced in BL2.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

source your quotes please

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

$20-$30 is probably fair; depends how hyped you are for more Borderlands.

Better yet, answer this question: How do you feel about seeing this picture? If it's excited for possibly winning a copy off of Steam eBay, then.... I dunno.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I wonder if they will do some Christmas reskinning like the Halloween period. Would be nice if them to make periodic adjustments like that.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

UVHM and the Arena DLC are out today. I haven't finished TVHM yet (level 47 and at the final boss), but I'm looking forward to trying out the new stuff. More Tiny Tina :D

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

The Holodome is pretty bad so far. You have a huge area where very few mobs spawn and you have to do some waves. I guess there are respawnable bosses but the waves are really bland so far.

UVHM is pretty neat though.

Mr. Bing
Oct 25, 2004

...Is it still there?

Only bosses found in the area were Flameknuckle, Felicity (which dropped nothing), and mini-Destroyers which show up in one Round.

The DLC is the arena itself, 6 Rounds of the arena, guns which are quest rewards for the different rounds, and the Tales tie-in quest, which was pushing a button three times.

All for 3x the price of one of the Headhunter packs from BL2.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

lets burn was right all along

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
So, uh, wait for the story line dlc? :kiddo:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

burntpork posted:

So, uh, wait for the story line dlc? :kiddo:

Watch it be like 2 hours long like the Mad Moxxi headhunter DLC.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
So, now that the game has been out for a while...is the high-level play (Ultimate Hunter and such) fun? Because in BL2 it got old really fast, pumping entire clips of ammo into slagged enemies and watching their health barely wobble, not to ention have a few of the characters just become non-viable.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Sephyr posted:

So, now that the game has been out for a while...is the high-level play (Ultimate Hunter and such) fun? Because in BL2 it got old really fast, pumping entire clips of ammo into slagged enemies and watching their health barely wobble, not to ention have a few of the characters just become non-viable.

UVHM seems pretty reasonable so far. Might be samey if you've beaten the base campaign a bunch.

The drop rates seem better too. I actually got blue weapons off of regular enemies.

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum
I have the achievement for beating the Holodome DLC. I do not have the Holodome DLC. Thanks, Gearbox??

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

The Waddle Gobbler DLC from 2 legitimately had more effort put into it than the Holodome did. Upwards of a dozen new enemies by Holodome's definition, completely new environments, and it even had a raid boss (:v:). Let that sink in for a moment.

Tezzeract posted:

lets burn was right all along
Can't stress this enough, really. He's been the most entertaining thing to come out of this mess.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Would have rather had the baroness and played the same campaign over again.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Dyz posted:

Would have rather had the baroness and played the same campaign over again.

Same. Tis the season for cryo damage.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

wdarkk posted:

Same. Tis the season for cryo damage.

I'm actually curious about the backstory.

My guess is relative of the hyperion sniper boss.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Dyz posted:

I'm actually curious about the backstory.

My guess is relative of the hyperion sniper boss.

She's Hammerlock's estranged sister.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Tezzeract posted:

I have a Prismatic Bulwark and it's just fine, but I was Nisha so the extra time to kill was probably negligible.

And yes, it's super annoying that loot isn't instanced in BL2.
Just dupe it if you don't want to cheat engine it right? I assume that still exists

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Details on Mercenary Day, which runs between today, and January 5th:
*"Merry" enemies in the R & D Facility and Pity's Fall
*New Kraggon in Serenity's Waste named Odjurymir, who can drop the special Ol' Painful assault rifle
*All ammo vending machines have had prices reduced by 25%

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Odjurymir on UVHM a is a complete slog that is more of a check if you've bought enough SDUs than it is a fight.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

watho posted:

Odjurymir on UVHM a is a complete slog that is more of a check if you've bought enough SDUs than it is a fight.

At least Wolf still really, really confuses him!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Picked this up in the steam sale, does the backtracking ever get any better? I just finished the quest to get the AI core and it was so much back and forth and back and forth stuff I was ready to quit playing.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Picked this up in the steam sale, does the backtracking ever get any better? I just finished the quest to get the AI core and it was so much back and forth and back and forth stuff I was ready to quit playing.

That's how all of the game is, pretty much.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Go this post to find the answer!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3666603&pagenumber=10&perpage=40#post436217349

Salt Fish fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 24, 2014

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Very well played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

:golfclap: