Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i ask because i dont want to friend you and then send dick drawing miiverse posts to your kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

are the old pre-order skins going to go on sale in america? i can't find a confirmation anywhere.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
Yeah they are, as to when that's still unknown at the moment

Should be soon, I'm guessing, considering they're literally out everywhere but NA

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Okay I cannot for the life of me figure out how to A-rank Lana's 8 bit spear stage. One hit from one of the enemy captains takes off a ton of life and in running around to save the messengers, I usually get hit at least once. It also seems like there are barely enough enemies to get 1200 KOs, I took pretty much every keep and when I beat Dark Ruto I only had about 1130 KOs. And that's not even getting into the second Gold Skulltula on that stage, which can't be cheesed using Sheik.

Praxis19
Nov 4, 2009

No justice no peace ACAB

Awesome! posted:

i ask because i dont want to friend you and then send dick drawing miiverse posts to your kid

Hah, no, my partner and I. No children. But I'm pretty sure Nintendo explicitly tells you not to use the Miiverse post feature to do anything unsavory like that. So I'm suuuure no one around these parts would defy Nintendo law like that.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Twelve by Pies posted:

Okay I cannot for the life of me figure out how to A-rank Lana's 8 bit spear stage. One hit from one of the enemy captains takes off a ton of life and in running around to save the messengers, I usually get hit at least once. It also seems like there are barely enough enemies to get 1200 KOs, I took pretty much every keep and when I beat Dark Ruto I only had about 1130 KOs. And that's not even getting into the second Gold Skulltula on that stage, which can't be cheesed using Sheik.

I don't remember that stage specifically, but in every "Save the Messengers" stage, you absolutely have to put off actually saving the messengers as long as possible. If you save them ASAP, your reinforcements kill too many things. The general gameplan, then, is to kill as many things as possible until a Messenger is in danger, then go to heal them, kill some but not all of the enemy captains harassing them, and then repeat until you've taken most of the keeps yourself.

It's not always as simple as all that, and you do have to keep time in consideration, but that's the general idea.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
What kind of sadist decides to put Cia's L2 on a square that the only access is a full blown "don't get hit" mission?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So when unlocking all the weapons for The Master Sword technique does it count just unlocking them or is it looking for the different levels of each weapon as well?

Like if all I was missing was just Links Gauntlets, do I need to just get the weapon itself or do I need the upgraded versions as well?

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So when unlocking all the weapons for The Master Sword technique does it count just unlocking them or is it looking for the different levels of each weapon as well?

Like if all I was missing was just Links Gauntlets, do I need to just get the weapon itself or do I need the upgraded versions as well?

You need to unlock all levels, but you don't need to unlock the 8-bit bonus models.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

You'll know when you can unlock it because you get a little thing above the Adventure Map that says "(weapon symbol) COMPLETE!"

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

You'll know when you can unlock it because you get a little thing above the Adventure Map that says "(weapon symbol) COMPLETE!"

And in addition to that question, do you need to do the level 2 missions in adventure mode, too? I think with Ganondorf and Impa's naginata I skipped those and went straight to the level 3 weapons.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Xad posted:

And in addition to that question, do you need to do the level 2 missions in adventure mode, too? I think with Ganondorf and Impa's naginata I skipped those and went straight to the level 3 weapons.

I believe so, yes.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Is there a way to make Agitha not a loving tragedy to play with? Because she's the worst goddamn character.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Sweet, apparently you can get gold boss drops from Amiibos. I just scanned my new ones and got a Dodongo's Gem.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

dscruffy1 posted:

Is there a way to make Agitha not a loving tragedy to play with? Because she's the worst goddamn character.

Agitha is basically summon beetles on chumps all day and never actually try to combo. BBY and BBBBY have good aoe and damage, and BBY can let you juggle most things indefinitely. She's still not a good character, but she's no Zant.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
Her C1 is pretty decent for clearing mobs I think, at least I use it with good success

C2 is good for air juggling captains, C3 is good for crowd clearing

rest is kinda... yeah

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Drop beetles on people (C3) then dodge cancel out of the animation. Repeat.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Reoxygenation posted:

Her C1 is pretty decent for clearing mobs I think, at least I use it with good success

C2 is good for air juggling captains, C3 is good for crowd clearing

rest is kinda... yeah

Add a number to all of these, I think

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

I used to swear by summoning the stationary beetles all the time, but then I played an Agitha restricted mission and tried out the one that throws a tornado out. That one's way better, and if you hit an officer with it, you can follow up by mashing your strong attack until you're on a butterfly and hit 'em with that, too. The tornado launches suckas into perfect butterfly light attack range. Plus you get to have a little breathing room; the stationary beetles require you to get a little too close.

That said, I still avoid Agitha like the plague. Totally unfun to play as.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

She's still better than Zant!!!

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Poor zombies never stood a chance.

liquidypoo posted:

The stationary beetles require you to get a little too close.

Most things she does do that. That's most of her problem.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

I hope Cia gets another costume next pack :pray:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

DrPaper posted:

I hope Cia gets another costume next pack :pray:

The next costume pack is the swimsuit dlc, so I hope so as well.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
In my hypothetical Hyrule Warriors 2, I hope that either each character gets multiple weapons, or are allowed to equip other characters weapons so that I'd have to use Zant and Agitha as little as possible.

On the fly weapon switching would also be pretty awesome.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

mabels big day posted:

The next costume pack is the swimsuit dlc
:eyepop:

I was going to wait to clear out most of the game before looking at the dlc but now I'm not so sure

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Awesome! posted:

:eyepop:

I was going to wait to clear out most of the game before looking at the dlc but now I'm not so sure

I made this up.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

mabels big day posted:

I made this up.

Why

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Whens the next DLC coming out.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

mabels big day posted:

I made this up.

why would you do this to me. i havent thought about anything but bikini impa all morning

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Awesome! posted:

why would you do this to me. i havent thought about anything but bikini impa all morning

I think she would wear a one-piece, personally.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

well now we'll never know will we

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's like you noobs haven't even heard of a little site called pixiv dot com.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Zant with the old-timey vertical stripe full swimsuit from the turn of the century.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Whens the next DLC coming out.

http://zelda.com/hyrule-warriors/dlc/

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Zant with the old-timey vertical stripe full swimsuit from the turn of the century.

I was thinking this for Darunia instead...

Nendil
Apr 4, 2005

3D movies are the dumbest fad since pull-ups.

mabels big day posted:

I was thinking this for Darunia instead...

Darunia doesnt swim

(...on second thought, maybe that means he should wear little arm floaties instead)

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Nendil posted:

Darunia doesnt swim

(...on second thought, maybe that means he should wear little arm floaties instead)

The arm floaties are probably the best thing for Darunia, seeing as he doesn't wear clothes. Maybe Ruto, who is also an exhibitionist, would get an inner tube?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The costume DLC for the preorder Link/Zelda outfits still isn't out. I want to give you my money, Nintendo. Why won't you let me give you my money? Don't you want my money?

The worst part is I'm probably never going to use those costumes either. But I'm still going to buy them. Just like Warriors Orochi 3.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
i want skyward sword zelda thats all tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkameria
Nov 20, 2014

Gay and grumpy
It's a mixed bag for me with the Trinity. Link looks very samey in all his outfits. His extra outfits are a wash.

With Ganondorf, his silhouette will at least changes once he loses the mane.

I think Zelda benefits most from her alternate outfit. Her TP and OoT outfits look noticeably more regal because of the lack of armor bits and her SS outfit just looks like she's taking a day off to slum it around the castle with some coco. I'm planning on using the SS outfit with the Dominion Rod or the Baton (if I ever use it again. :v:)

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

She's still better than Zant!!!

As someone who still tries to enjoy Fi, I wish I could say that. At this point I have to admit I only play her because I find her dancing pretty but sadly not very effective.

• Locked thread