Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

aniviron posted:

Look, I know you're great at destroying robots and all, but I think the 9S meta sort of came about when PGI announced some new quirks and people noticed that it got a loving bonkers 50% ERPPC heat reduction. You're not the only one brainy enough to realize that putting ERPPCs on the thing will suddenly be good.

The 228th(the group I'm with) were the very first to actually make extensive use of it(or any use of it at all really), and is still the only group stomping all over CW/group queue with it, from what I've seen. There'll be a youtube about it from that "theb33f" guy at some point, we did some stuff with it awhile ago(although it probably won't be as good as that king crab video, since we didn't get to face the head hunters of davion on defence to win 48-0)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Hahaha holy poo poo this custom title

It's really good that there are still people who think I'm trans, and who are really up front about being completely terrible human beings

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

garth ferengi posted:

The 228th(the group I'm with) were the very first to actually make extensive use of it(or any use of it at all really), and is still the only group stomping all over CW/group queue with it, from what I've seen. There'll be a youtube about it from that "theb33f" guy at some point, we did some stuff with it awhile ago(although it probably won't be as good as that king crab video, since we didn't get to face the head hunters of davion on defence to win 48-0)

The gently caress pudding? I've seen shitloads of people using the 9S heavily in CW. I dont know who was first but your definitely not the only group to be using it.

EDIT: Also weak title, its not even red. wtf guys.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

garth ferengi posted:

It's really good that there are still people who think I'm trans, and who are really up front about being completely terrible human beings

RolandIsNotOkay
Jun 7, 2014
Top kek, would drop into again

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

garth ferengi posted:

Making fun of folks for being in the LGBT spectrum aint cool. There are so many valid reasons to dislike you and your near lack of anything resembling a sense of humor nobody should be saying hurtful things like that even if you do go creepy doxxing over mild Brown Sea ribbing about your (somewhat) justified LRM loathing.

You are basically being this: http://www.salon.com/2014/12/23/sean_hannity_named_worst_of_fox_by_colleagues_has_twitter_temper_tantrum/ Don't be like Sean Hannity. Give up your rage and tryhard ways! Enjoy the robots but do not obsess over the robots. Like dust in the wind your MWO combat record is fleeting and irrelevant.

Don't you want to have FUN with Grindy Internet Space Robots?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

garth ferengi posted:

But didn't you hear? hating on trans people is the hip cool edgey thing for goons to do these days, hang on, let me make a witty post comparing them to otherkins.

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
These shenanigans are cruel and tragic, which... makes them not really shenanigans at all.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
We should throw an angry red-text party, god knows we have enough people for it.

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

Yeah. I had hopes that the SA MWO thread/crowd would be chill and fun this time around, but... I guess not. After the way things went in the beta days it was probably foolish to expect anything different.

I think I must have more fun as a terrible solo pubbie than any of the actual good players in this thread.

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Seriously, as someone who does a lot of work with trans people w/r/t sexual assault advocacy and counseling this has always been so completely absurd to me

Captain Rufus posted:

Don't you want to have FUN with Grindy Internet Space Robots?

I'm actually a pretty casual and funhaving player, I just don't run garbage builds and don't care to play with people who run garbage builds, and I also like winning. I don't really get mad about video games or forum posting(I'm pretty frustrated by this cool new title, but I also feel pretty vindicated because autsj and fil were like "noooo don't you see? the new word of lowtax is completely different!")

Although if what you mean by that post is "why don't you play with the word of lowtax?" then it's poo poo like this title that the whole ~~~inner circle~~~ condoned and approved of(and that is still an attitude that people have even now, 2 years afterwards!), and I don't really want to be associated with something that is part of the whole word of lowtax brand, because this is what it is/what it means to me: a bunch of lovely goonfleet nobodies being extremely upfront about being terrible human beings, on the internet

e: and now some piece of poo poo spent $10 to buy me a nice title. I'm a little upset

garth ferengi fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 24, 2014

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

WoL is dumb and filled with bad people if you don't know that you are pretty retarded. Also this thread is terrible

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Supraluminal posted:

Yeah. I had hopes that the SA MWO thread/crowd would be chill and fun this time around, but... I guess not. After the way things went in the beta days it was probably foolish to expect anything different.

I think I must have more fun as a terrible solo pubbie than any of the actual good players in this thread.

we had a twelve man last night where our rules were to never stop moving at full speed while shakira can't remember to forget you blasted through our speakers via sync-video

the new wol is more fun than the old and this is coming from someone who barely associated with the previous wol and solo dropped 80% of the time.most of the shitheads who are obsessed with their kdrs and winning are rolling in other units with the obvious example being moderatepudding.

teepo fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 24, 2014

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I have no idea what's going on in this thread with red angry titles flying everywhere, but from the last couple of weeks I've found WoL to mostly be a bunch of really chill and fun guys (apart from Phorashi, who is a really angry and cool guy).

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

various cheeses posted:

Who is the second guy?

diet lime/divinedisclaimer.

tunaism
Dec 24, 2011
This is the true community warfare

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

tunaism posted:

This is the true community warfare

Goon on goon violence, the best kind.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
I'm glad to see with community warfare out it has hardly taken any time at all to get back to where we left off.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Oh hey a lot of posts! Maybe something cool happened!

:yikes:

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Mechanical Bunny Rabbits!
Dinosaur Gum

Number19 posted:

We came to a consensus that LRMs are bad and then had nothing to talk about. Someone should come white knight LRMs with some bullshit about them being annoying or something. Then we can talk about that again.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.

Watch out, big dick swinging!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Number19 posted:

Please tell them to make a CW game mode where it's actually adventageous to shoot mechs so we don't just play "rush the generator" all day. Thanks!

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Internet Explorer posted:

Please tell them to make a CW game mode where it's actually adventageous to shoot mechs so we don't just play "rush the generator" all day. Thanks!

Also make mechs inside the dropships immune until they drop out.

Scoops
Nov 22, 2005

Make the uziel available right now, gently caress the timeline. Name the hero version the Fisher.

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Mechanical Bunny Rabbits!
Dinosaur Gum

There is still a lot of room for tweaks to the current mode (kinda dumb). They could make it so that you have to not only take out the base, but you have to destroy all the other mechs as well. A more difficult task, so maybe they slow down the rate of defensive drop ships. Or maybe they make it so if you get all 12 defensive mechs off the map at the same time the match ends. Or maybe the drop ships slow down as you destroy things. Or maybe if your unit owns the planet you get some kinda modifier and if it's a faction planet you get a different one and if it's foreign you get something else. Something to give some variation between attack/defend/counter please.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Would be cool if there was abit more incentive for defenders to push outwards, like having to blow up an artillery cannon attackers have that sweeps around turrets. Atleast so murdergate standoffs don't drag the match out too long.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
lol looks like its time for a new thread

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Maybe I'm just a bad, but I don't understand why goon groups never try to win via kills. The fact that the territory favors defenders just adds another element to the awful tryharding that CW drops usually devolve into.

I'd like to see a good turret push swing around and hammer pursuers for once, just no fucks given, killkillkill. Half of every push does this anyway, so why not do it in a coordinated fashion?

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I would be ok with adding a requirement that the attackers score at least 24 kills (or even 36) but I'm not sure that would really change the outcome all that much.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Vorenus posted:

Maybe I'm just a bad, but I don't understand why goon groups never try to win via kills. The fact that the territory favors defenders just adds another element to the awful tryharding that CW drops usually devolve into.

I'd like to see a good turret push swing around and hammer pursuers for once, just no fucks given, killkillkill. Half of every push does this anyway, so why not do it in a coordinated fashion?

The idea if you are attackers is to kill all the objectives in the first wave and get the gun to around 50% then you can play the kill 48 game.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

MS play a very killing-focused offensive strategy and it works for them, it just requires much better co-ordination and more patience than goons have. That said, while I do enjoy the new game mode, I hope the new CW maps will come with other interesting new game modes (king of the hill? some kind of sequential point-capping?) to mix it up a bit and prevent it getting too stale.

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012
With the caveat that I haven't even tried CW yet: It seems like, if your objective is to disincentivize light rushes, you shouldn't decrease the strength of the main gun and set up dispersed, relatively fragile targets to destroy. Isn't that pretty much what light Mechs are good at?

If you want people to actually duke it out, you probably need some kind of king-of-the-hill take and hold objective, at least somewhere in the chain of goals.

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

OhsH posted:

lol looks like its time for a new thread

nah it's cool people are just role-playing actual BattleTech political dealings

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Supraluminal posted:

With the caveat that I haven't even tried CW yet: It seems like, if your objective is to disincentivize light rushes, you shouldn't decrease the strength of the main gun and set up dispersed, relatively fragile targets to destroy. Isn't that pretty much what light Mechs are good at?

If you want people to actually duke it out, you probably need some kind of king-of-the-hill take and hold objective, at least somewhere in the chain of goals.

Its the murdergates that make mech on mech violence unappealing for me, no one really wants to pass through and get shot from 5 different angles. Its really horrible on the snow map and more tolerable on the sulfur map since theres more corners/cover.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Yeah, I was a bit surprised when, after the initial patch notes saying that they were adding more cover inside the bases to bring the brawl inside the gates, that they didn't do anything to break the huge sight lines on Boreal, and instead made it even easier to get inside Sulphur.

With clan ERLL I can sit on a hill at about 800-1100m and carve up anything trying to poke me. The only guns the IS can really hurt me back with are gauss and ERPPCs, which are both harder to land. Even if I'm not doing full damage, it's enough to soften things significantly before they can mass for a push.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
I won't challenge that.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
A 6 AC2 King Crab apparently shits damage, I cracked a 1000 damage for the first time.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Neo Helbeast posted:

A 6 AC2 King Crab apparently shits damage, I cracked a 1000 damage for the first time.

Try 4 uac 5 and two lpl. It's pretty good as well.

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Jimbosaurus posted:

Watch out, big dick swinging!

I don't know, my stats are kind of embarassingly bad honestly, given how highly some people think of me

Wafflecopper posted:

MS play a very killing-focused offensive strategy and it works for them, it just requires much better co-ordination and more patience than goons have. That said, while I do enjoy the new game mode, I hope the new CW maps will come with other interesting new game modes (king of the hill? some kind of sequential point-capping?) to mix it up a bit and prevent it getting too stale.

Yes, focussing on actually playing the game and clicking robots tends to work better than rushing the generators in a big suicidal conga line that makes the enemy team play the worst tower defence game ever, as it turns out

Also MS are really really bad and it's pretty shameful to lose to them. They have like 2 or 3 good players out of their many thousands

Drakes posted:

Its the murdergates that make mech on mech violence unappealing for me, no one really wants to pass through and get shot from 5 different angles. Its really horrible on the snow map and more tolerable on the sulfur map since theres more corners/cover.

Clear one side, clear the other side, push. easy peasy

The Gate posted:

With clan ERLL I can sit on a hill at about 800-1100m and carve up anything trying to poke me. The only guns the IS can really hurt me back with are gauss and ERPPCs, which are both harder to land. Even if I'm not doing full damage, it's enough to soften things significantly before they can mass for a push.

I haven't found ERPPCs particularly hard to land at all, after a little getting used to them. My accuracy with them at this point is actually higher than with gauss rifles. Standard procedure as attackers on boreal against clans is to just stick 3~ thunderbolts on the ridges at each gate and just brutally suppress clanners trying to snipe until we're up 12-0 and start to push (and I have yet to see this fail)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Captain Rufus posted:

What IRC? Illuminate me oh massive loather of LRMs to a level even the biggest autists don't have. :precious:

Nice to know even mocking your LRM rage causes enormous butthurt in you to the point you have to look up nearly 4 year old IRC logs some other tryhard good wasted their time hunting down.

If that is what friendly (ish) ribbing causes you to do I can only imagine what actual mean spirited stuff would cause out of you. Let's not take Internet Grindy Robots so seriously ok?

Hi, I'm sorry the thread missed out on asking the most important question: are you a brony?

Y/N

• Locked thread