Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

I never knew that. I like him even more after reading this and the laser tag story. Dude is intense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Yes. I want that psychopath as my team's coach immediately.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

:stare:

No telling what he'd do with a grode jar.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Jim Harbaugh has probably killed someone just to watch them die.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Did Stanford ever play Nevada? :ohdear:

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
That story just reinforces the notion that the man is better fit for college than the pros. Seems like he really thrives at the helm of a cult of personality, and a group of idealistic 18-23 year olds is the perfect audience for that sort of madness.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
But if he comes to town and starts a death staring contest with Red Berenson Ann Arbor will be leveled. If Babcock shows up the metro area will be toast.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Action Serious posted:

But if he comes to town and starts a death staring contest with Red Berenson Ann Arbor will be leveled. If Babcock shows up the metro area will be toast.

The three of them staring at each other through an elaborate mirror contraption would be an unlimited source of dark energy.

Jim Leyland would stand nearby, smoking 10 cigarettes at once.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
sorry ya'll that's raiders as gently caress

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Probably the last piece of information we'll get for a while is the meeting with the players today. Most Michigan people will have picked this up by now, but for others I'll fill you in:

Reports are that Hackett told them that their targets were approaching the end of their "swim lanes." They were not quite at 100% with their Plan A (who of course is totally NOT Jim Harbaugh), but should be soon and had a firm commitment with their Plan B should Plan A fall through for some obscure reason.

Either way there will be a coach next week.

No word on who the firm Plan B is, seems most likely to be one of Miles, Mullen, or Mora. I'd be happy with any of them if the unthinkable happens, so I'm going to have a very Merry Christmas and hope all of you do, too. We're almost at the end of this. Nothing but the "clack, clack, clack" as we ascend the last hill.

Back off from :f5: certain boards, there's not going to be much of significance happening until after Sunday - but then all hell will break loose. Rest, relax, and prepare for the last big drop of the coaster. May be some inverted loops and unexpected turns.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Action Serious posted:

Jim, Red, and Babcock would turn the school around for the better. Literally nonstop accomplishment and achievement.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Deteriorata posted:

Probably the last piece of information we'll get for a while is the meeting with the players today. Most Michigan people will have picked this up by now, but for others I'll fill you in:

Reports are that Hackett told them that their targets were approaching the end of their "swim lanes." They were not quite at 100% with their Plan A (who of course is totally NOT Jim Harbaugh), but should be soon and had a firm commitment with their Plan B should Plan A fall through for some obscure reason.

Either way there will be a coach next week.

No word on who the firm Plan B is, seems most likely to be one of Miles, Mullen, or Mora.

I'm sure those three are chomping at the bit to be second choice, especially after you have demonstrated how obviously this would end up being Harbaugh

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Ungratek posted:

I'm sure those three are chomping at the bit to be second choice, especially after you have demonstrated how obviously this would end up being Harbaugh

Most likely Miles, for that very reason. He's been a clear, "I'm fine where I am, but will be glad to help out if needed" for a long time.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Bip Roberts posted:

What if he punched Brutus?

We would build him a statue

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

The Glumslinger posted:

We would build him a statue

:patriot:

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.
The Plan B is actually Ed Orgeron.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Deteriorata posted:

Most likely Miles, for that very reason. He's been a clear, "I'm fine where I am, but will be glad to help out if needed" for a long time.

They've approached him twice and on at least the 2nd time they were basically laughed out of his office. I wouldn't say Les Miles is the most certain thing.

Granted it helps that this time at least you don't have a shithead AD, but there you are.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
I want Harbaugh like the rest of the UM fans here but man, I am nowhere near as certain as some of you all seem to be. And if they miss on Jim, boy oh boy could it get ugly.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

He probably cracked an egg and wiped yolk on his face while howling like a madman.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

You realize you are hiring a crazy person right?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
he seems like kind of a jerk and being a jerk is not actually a good thing no matter what football fans seem to think, imho

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MourningView posted:

he seems like kind of a jerk and being a jerk is not actually a good thing no matter what football fans seem to think, imho

yes, but he is a jerk who is also a Michigan Man, you see

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

MourningView posted:

Golly, his presence may induce you mock Michigan and its fans on this board. Whatever shall we do?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
The dude can be a crazy rear end in a top hat all he wants as long as he wins games and doesn't endanger the kids on the field.

All head coaches are an assholes to a certain degree, it comes with the territory.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
remember that time Jim Harbaugh tried to blacklist a player for having too much fun

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

MourningView posted:

I'm not sure he's much of a jerk. He seems more like an inscrutable, hypercompetitive psychopath.

Dunno which is worse. Or if there's much of a difference.

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 24, 2014

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

I'm not sure he's much of a jerk. He seems more like an inscrutable, hypercompetitive psychopath.

Dunno which is worse.

Well, one of those is Nick Saban and one of those isn't so...

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Regnevelc posted:

The dude can be a crazy rear end in a top hat all he wants as long as he wins games and doesn't endanger the kids on the field.

All head coaches are an assholes to a certain degree, it comes with the territory.

bill snyder seems like a very nice old man who I would like to be my grandpa

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

quote:

Sources within Schembechler Hall said to look for a very special announcement at halftime of the Illinois BBall game on Dec. 30th.

Some guys who apparently know things are saying the contract has been officially signed. My sources haven't said exactly that, but everything is pointing to a quick hiring and an an announcement, with all the details of the contract worked out between Jack and Hackett.

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Dec 24, 2014

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

How are Jim and John related at all? John is probably an rear end in a top hat too, but he's at least chill about it and not liable to have an anger stroke.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DOOP posted:

How are Jim and John related at all? John is probably an rear end in a top hat too, but he's at least chill about it and not liable to have an anger stroke.

Siblings being polar opposites in terms of personality isn't an unheard of phenomenon. Hell, look at Payton and Eli Manning

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

MourningView posted:

gary pinkel is like your average goofball suburban dad

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

DJExile posted:

Siblings being polar opposites in terms of personality isn't an unheard of phenomenon. Hell, look at Payton and Eli Manning

The Manning clan seems pretty similar to me. Manningface, dopey looking, etc

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Groucho Marxist posted:

gary pinkel is like your average goofball suburban dad

And then Mike Leach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBxe3cprocQ

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

MourningView posted:

Well I mean of course we all want Bill Snyder to be our grandpa

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

MourningView posted:

this is why he fits for Michigan so perfectly.

he's literally angry old man wanting kids to get off the lawn

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Neodoomium posted:

Well I mean of course we all want Bill Snyder to be our grandpa

I remember reading about something lovely Bill Snyder did one time but like most grandpa related things I have blocked it out and will not be able to process it until he is dead

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!

DOOP posted:

One day in their yard, John pushed Jim. So Jim punched John in the stomach. John welled up, and their dad came outside.

What happened?

Jim punched me.

Why did you punch him?

'Cause he pushed me!

Dad said to John, "If you push someone, then they might punch you back. You understand?'"

Dad said to Jim, "Jim, do you have something you want to say to your brother?"

Jim said, "Good, now he knows."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11625088/san-francisco-49ers-head-coach-jim-harbaugh-thrives-chaos-difficulty

Link offers a good look at Jims competitive madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
It would be awesome if in a year or two John Harbaugh went to Michigan State

• Locked thread