Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gargoyle
Feb 2, 2014

Ditocoaf posted:

The footage freezes at the exact moment his arm is extending. That looks like pointing, but it would, because the video pauses and holds it there for a few seconds, then ends.

Why aren't we seeing what happens from that point onward?

Pretty obvious reasons, actually. Use yer thinking cap you'll figure it out. Right now the family could honestly (And probably) will sue for releasing the video so soon due to it causing grief and pain to them that warrants compensation.

Looks unfortunately cut and dry, but the comments are quite uh. yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Why would anyone point anything at a cop in these times, that's just asking for it

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Did you guys miss the part where he was armed or does it never count until the cop actually gets shot...

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Has anyone addressed the issue at the root of this problem? Namely, the type of person who wants to be a cop (sociopaths).

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Cole posted:

Did you guys miss the part where he was armed or does it never count until the cop actually gets shot...

personally I'd have liked more videos to come out (including in a perfect world body and dash cam footage)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cole posted:

Better than having to face down a bullet absorbing demon with superhuman strength!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Let's hope people don't protest this one at least

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Cole posted:

the police say he was armed, and this entire thread is dedicated to police being deceitful trigger happy idiots, so forgive me if im not totally convinced

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gargoyle
Feb 2, 2014

frajaq posted:

Let's hope people don't protest this one at least

You're a little late

The BBC, which should be your source for American news posted:

Laura Hettiger, a reporter for St Louis TV station KMOV, told the BBC: "As soon as I got there police started firing off flash bangs which are used to, hopefully, disperse some of the crowd.

"A lot of police are still on the scene. A couple of people have ended up looting the gas station just across the street."

Also pretty confident both Twitter, and Reddit for that matter (Honestly have yet to look in Reddit) have determined the exact time, place, angle, and detail about how the gun was planted and this was a cop murdering a black 18 year old because that's apparently cop's only jobs.

From Twitter I have learned:

Mother held child in her arms as he died over the course of 2 hours

the gun wasn't seen until daylight

the police planted the gun and there is proof of this as people on twitter are reporting that they have seen the police planting the gun

Police absolutely refused to call an ambulance for over 2 hours, and he was alive the entire time during that, where he bled to death (Or something along those lines)

This is absolutely and with no question what so ever a revenger murderkilling for the two NYC cops who were slain by the black hero angel.

Pretty sure none of these are factual, and while we all can agree no matter the opinion that twitter is a horrendous way of getting information and actual opinions on things other then "I FEEL X BECAUSE Y" due to character restrictions. I think the most telling thing to me, is that CNN is not running this story headline. When CNN, youknow, CNN, doesn't run headline news that a black teenager was murdered by a white cop in literally Ferguson... It's showing of their confidence that there is at least a 51% chance that maybe the dude had a gun and on approaching the police officer pulled it.

Feel bad for the family, gotta believe the father who seems a little more centered on this. with the things he said. (From CNN) "He was supposed to come home," Green said. "We're getting ready for holiday; everyone wanted to see him. My grandmother hadn't seen him for a while."

Parents you just don't know your kids and honestly thats not a bad thing.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Gargoyle posted:

You're a little late

Also pretty confident both Twitter, and Reddit for that matter (Honestly have yet to look in Reddit) have determined the exact time, place, angle, and detail about how the gun was planted and this was a cop murdering a black 18 year old because that's apparently cop's only jobs.

the police planted the gun and there is proof of this as people on twitter are reporting that they have seen the police planting the gun

Police absolutely refused to call an ambulance for over 2 hours, and he was alive the entire time during that, where he bled to death (Or something along those lines)

This is absolutely and with no question what so ever a revenger murderkilling for the two NYC cops who were slain by the black hero angel.

Pretty sure none of these are factual, and while we all can agree no matter the opinion that twitter is a horrendous way of getting information and actual opinions on things other then "I FEEL X BECAUSE Y" due to character restrictions. I think the most telling thing to me, is that CNN is not running this story headline. When CNN, youknow, CNN, doesn't run headline news that a black teenager was murdered by a white cop in literally Ferguson... It's showing of their confidence that there is at least a 51% chance that maybe the dude had a gun and on approaching the police officer pulled it.

Feel bad for the family, gotta believe the father who seems a little more centered on this. with the things he said. (From CNN) "He was supposed to come home," Green said. "We're getting ready for holiday; everyone wanted to see him. My grandmother hadn't seen him for a while."

Those strawmen never knew what hit 'em, good job.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Gargoyle posted:

You're a little late

When you post Freep quotes you're supposed to attribute them.

Gargoyle
Feb 2, 2014

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

When you post Freep quotes you're supposed to attribute them.

Sorry, I'm new here :u

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Lessail posted:

personally I'd have liked more videos to come out (including in a perfect world body and dash cam footage)

Don't hold your breath:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...5dbdc896ba.html

quote:

The officer also had a body camera issued to him at the start of his shift, but he was not wearing it. The car's dash-camera was not activated.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Weird. You'd think if you were confronting a potentially dangerous suspect you'd want you dash cam on in order to strengthen your case when the situation turned violent and you needed to defend yourself.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Radish posted:

Weird. You'd think if you were confronting a potentially dangerous suspect you'd want you dash cam on in order to strengthen your case when the situation turned violent and you needed to defend yourself.

Or the cop rolled up on his usual route doing a routine security check and out of no where some moron drew on him.

Dumbass points gun at cop. Dumbass gets a bunch of bullets in him.

Pretty much the way it should be.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Radish posted:

You'd think wouldn't you? Supposedly the cop "isn't used to the new technology", but since the dash cam turns on when the police lights turn on, one wonders if the nameless cop started working in the horse and buggy days. Maybe he was a cowboy sheriff, because he apparently was held at gunpoint and then quickdrew and shot the kid all before he could get off a single shot. Seems plausible.

Kaal fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Dec 24, 2014

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Radish posted:

Dash cams are often tied to the lights; when the lights are activated, it stores a recording that starts a minute or two before and ends a minute or two after. If he's got a system like that equipped but is just doing a routine check without lights or sirens, the camera may not activate.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Genocide Tendency posted:

Or the cop rolled up on his usual route doing a routine security check and out of no where some moron drew on him.

So much like Martin and Brown, it's getting back to the debate over how likely it is for someone to believe a black person would randomly attack someone for no reason at all.

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

zzyzx posted:

If he's got a system like that equipped but is just doing a routine check without lights or sirens, the camera may not activate.

Then he should have the lights on during a routine check.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Pohl posted:

I'm surprised you were able to take the cop dick out of your mouth long enough to actually post.

A gay joke? A cock in the mouth gay joke? This thread spent like three pages giving another guy poo poo for being far less direct than that a few back. Although it's ok when you do it. But hey he didn't agree with you all too or something right? Same team and all that. So... Thanks for proving my point, albeit in a different way.

I hope you feel better. Call that number and talk to someone before it's too late. :glomp:.

By the way cop cock is fantastic.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

archangelwar posted:

Or worn his body camera he was issued. Cops and their defenders claim they are constantly on edge from being targeted at all times from criminals so it would make sense to have stuff that would gather evidence to exonerate you when you had kill an attacker.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

so are all people who want police reform suicidal or is it only a select few

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

archangelwar posted:

That's not really what police lights are for... Instead, the dash camera should have just been on at all times

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

Kalman posted:

That's not really what police lights are for... Instead, the dash camera should have just been on at all times

That's fine too. As far as that not being what they are for, so what. Cops use their lights for a variety of circumstances, many of which are not likely "what they were for."

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

archangelwar posted:

That's fine too. As far as that not being what they are for, so what. Cops use their lights for a variety of circumstances, many of which are not likely "what they were for."

So police lights being on has a meaning and it's stupid to corrupt that meaning when there's a much better solution?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Radish posted:

So much like Martin and Brown, it's getting back to the debate over how likely it is for someone to believe a black person would randomly attack someone for no reason at all.

He said dumbass. Not black.

E: unless you think allblack people are dumbasses

Vaall
Sep 17, 2014

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

Kalman posted:

So police lights being on has a meaning and it's stupid to corrupt that meaning when there's a much better solution?

Look man, I was only talking about the situation where the dashcam is tied to the lights being on. I never suggested that is the perfect solution.

But since you are already bent out of shape about it: What meaning is that exactly, and do you believe police only use their lights for that precise meaning? Do you think current cops always use their lights for exactly that meaning and never not?

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

HALT CITIZEN THIS IS A ROUTINE SECURITY CHECK BEEP BEEP BOOP

PLEASE COMPLY

Vaall
Sep 17, 2014

Your Weird Uncle posted:

Not what happened.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Vaall posted:

Not what happened.

cool since you were there can you give us more insider info because it's all pretty hazy to us i think

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Well they dropped "unarmed black teen" from the narrative, now it's just "black teen". This is a race issue. Whites are not allowed to police in black areas.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

With the adoption of body cams and dash cams, was there an adoption of penalties for not having both on such as a small fine?

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments
The officer was responding to a reported larceny so it wasn't just a random shakedown.

Edit: And I am pretty cool with the idea that officer could have his lights on when reporting to the scene of a suspected crime.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Radish posted:

Or worn his body camera he was issued. Cops and their defenders claim they are constantly on edge from being targeted at all times from criminals so it would make sense to have stuff that would gather evidence to exonerate you when you had kill an attacker.

It'd be nice to have that too, sure. In this case it doesn't seem to make an enormous difference since there's a surveillance video from the store.

Vaall
Sep 17, 2014

Your Weird Uncle posted:

cool since you were there can you give us more insider info because it's all pretty hazy to us i think

This is what I think about your previous post as well.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

archangelwar posted:

Look man, I was only talking about the situation where the dashcam is tied to the lights being on. I never suggested that is the perfect solution.

But since you are already bent out of shape about it: What meaning is that exactly, and do you believe police only use their lights for that precise meaning? Do you think current cops always use their lights for exactly that meaning and never not?

If the car is moving, then it's one of two meanings: "get out of my way" or "pull over."

If the car isn't, then it's "something is actively happening right now other cops should at least check in" or "I am literally in the middle of a traffic stop everyone move over."

It is not "I am just heading inside to check in on things."

See?

Generally speaking, I do think cops use their lights for those things - sometimes the "get out of my way" isn't justifiable, but people understand what it means.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

archangelwar posted:

The officer was responding to a reported larceny so it wasn't just a random shakedown.

Edit: And I am pretty cool with the idea that officer could have his lights on when reporting to the scene of a suspected crime.

i've noticed (and this might be me splitting hairs here) that they've never mentioned the dead kid "fitting the description" of the perp in this larceny case. do we know that officer policecop even had a description or was he flagging down the first black kid(s) he saw?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Radish posted:

Where did I ever say black?

Dumbass points gun at cop. Dumbass winds up in the morgue.

Its not a race issue. Its an idiot pointing a gun at a cop. Lets get that straight.

Your Weird Uncle posted:

PLEASE COMPLY

Pull up. Start talking to someone. Guy pulls out gun and points at cop. Cop puts rounds into the gun wielder.

Are you fucks really this stupid? Its not a difficult math problem here.

Point a gun at a cop. Get shot.

And its perfectly fine.

Don't point guns at cops. Its bad for your life goals unless your life goal is to be a pasta strainer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Vaall posted:

This is what I think about your previous post as well.

thanks for your input, feel free to chime in with something other then "that's not what happened"

• Locked thread