Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

LesterGroans posted:

The name thing? Obama called him "James Flacco" the other day.

Hahaha. That's pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I would give the President a pass on that considering the amount of job stress he experiences.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Also, why should he give a fuckin' poo poo who James Franco is?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Also, why should he give a fuckin' poo poo who James Franco is?

He shouldn't. It just makes him sound like an out of touch dad.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Dad's got more important things to worry about than your Jim Flarko movie, dear.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

The REAL Goobusters posted:

The jeans did that already.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

CPL593H posted:

I would give the President a pass on that considering the amount of job stress he experiences.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Haha, I thought I heard Obama call him James Flacco during that press conference but nobody else pointed it out so I thought I was crazy.

Emerson Cod posted:

Has it been confirmed if it's just going to be out on Crackle or if it's going to be a multi-platform release?

I swear, if North Korea wasn't bluffing and I wake up to a nuclear hellscape on Christmas morning, this is definitely going to be in the bottom 3 Christmases in recent memory.

Isn't it more likely that North Korea will nuke itself trying to set off something like that?

raditts fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Dec 24, 2014

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
North Korea doesn't have a missile capable of carrying a nuclear weapon anywhere near us. We'll be fine.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

CPL593H posted:

North Korea doesn't have a missile capable of carrying a nuclear weapon anywhere near us. We'll be fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unha

Being able to launch a satellite into orbit is generally a pretty good indicator of the ability to launch a missile anywhere in the world.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Dad's got more important things to worry about than your Jim Flarko movie, dear.

Yeah I know. I'm just saying it makes him sound old and not up to date with pop culture.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I know that when I'm in the voting booth, "current with pop culture memes" is something that heavily influences the choice I'm going to make.
Seriously though, everyone has a slip of the tongue, he probably didn't even realize he said the wrong name. Apparently nobody else there did, either.

raditts fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Dec 24, 2014

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Yeah, it doesn't actually matter if Obama knows who James Franco is.

Now if we find out Biden can't quote Die Hard word-for-word, tell whiskey brands apart by taste or repair old muscle car engines himself then some real poo poo will go down.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I would like to have a beer with Obama and watch Spring Breakers.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I'd like to get high with James Flacco and watch the State of the Union.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

LesterGroans posted:

Yeah, it doesn't actually matter if Obama knows who James Franco is.

Now if we find out Biden can't quote Die Hard word-for-word, tell whiskey brands apart by taste or repair old muscle car engines himself then some real poo poo will go down.

Diamond Joe does all these things and more

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

CPL593H posted:

They want to hit Japan.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

They want to hit Japan.

South Korea as well, though I'm sure they'd love to be able to reach the west coast of the US.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

LesterGroans posted:

I'd like to get high with James Flacco and watch the State of the Union.

Regular State of the Union, or XXX: State of the Union?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Ice Cube was the best XXX.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

monster on a stick posted:

South Korea as well, though I'm sure they'd love to be able to reach the west coast of the US.

Of course they would, anybody with an anti-Western hardon would love to hurt the U.S. But it's always funny that people always yuk it up about North Korea because they can't touch the US. Let's say they put a functional nuke in the air. Where do you think it's coming down? Sacramento or Seoul?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The BBC is just reporting that Sony are going to release The Interview online (no details yet). Looks like they're going to see if they can cut out the cinema chains after all...

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Bet they would see alot of money just releasing movies straight up with the theater releases. Would see more piracy but overall enjoyment would increase and I bet way more people would see new movies.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Payndz posted:

The BBC is just reporting that Sony are going to release The Interview online (no details yet). Looks like they're going to see if they can cut out the cinema chains after all...

They've supposedly reached a deal with Google to rent it on Youtube. You know, the premier VOD service.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

@GuyEndoreKaiser posted:

Sony has a site where you can watch The Interview for $5.99 and I can't think of a single reason not to trust them with my credit card info.

:laugh:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
It's on Xbox but not Playstation?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
It's up on youtube now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed2kSuKqfz0

HD viewing is limited to mobile devices/some 2013-2014 smart tvs, roku, chromecast, apple tv, google and android tv, and microsoft/sony consoles: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3306741?src=purchflow&rd=1

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 24, 2014

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Ha, literally everything except a PC can watch it in HD. Is this their anti-piracy thing?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Ha, literally everything except a PC can watch it in HD. Is this their anti-piracy thing?

Pretty much. They're afraid of you straight up ripping the video file off of youtube or whatever. Doesn't mean you couldn't just setup a HD PVR and something to strip out of hdcp and record it that way.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I was about to say "Wait, how would I watch this on my PS4 if the PS4 doesn't have a YouTube app?", but I just looked and it does :haw: Learn something new every day!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just bought it off Google play. I mean 14.99 for a new HD movie is a good deal and I can just use Chromecast. Would have preferred Amazon or Vudu...but hey let's fragment my collection even more.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I was about to say "Wait, how would I watch this on my PS4 if the PS4 doesn't have a YouTube app?", but I just looked and it does :haw: Learn something new every day!

This was me about a month ago.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Some credit card companies let you create a "one time use" credit card number. Perfect for something like this, if someone did hack Sony again it's not like they could do anything with it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

When I search for it on the PS4 YouTube app and select it from the search results, it gives me a Playback Error message saying "This video requires payment." and only "Back" and "Next Video" options, no option to actually pay for it :shepface:

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

When I search for it on the PS4 YouTube app and select it from the search results, it gives me a Playback Error message saying "This video requires payment." and only "Back" and "Next Video" options, no option to actually pay for it :shepface:

Are you actually logged into a Google Play account? I had to activate the app for my PS4 and link my account by typing in a code on my PC to log in and play the video there. (Purchased it from the PC)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mechathief posted:

Are you actually logged into a Google Play account? I had to activate the app for my PS4 and link my account by typing in a code on my PC to log in and play the video there. (Purchased it from the PC)
Somehow it automatically signed in to my YouTube/Google account when I installed the app. I'm not really sure how, but I know what you're talking about because the YouTube app on my Smart TV made me do that.

Does a YouTube/Google account also work as a Google Play account?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You probably have to link up your credit card to it.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I believe its the other way around, a Google Play account will function as a YouTube account. Honestly their whole system is a bit screw-y.

I bought it using my Google Play account; launched the app and searched for the movie, found it, and it asked me to go to the activate page and enter in the code which I did while logged into said account on my PC.

v Xbox video is definitely the better option of the two.

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 24, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I booted up my 360, went under TV & Movies and they had a tile specifically for The Interview. They also have payment options listed on here. So I'll probably just watch it on my 360. I think I already have like $1.50 left in my Xbox account anyway, so the rental will be cheaper.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
So is this better/worse than a Uwe Boll movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Harminoff posted:

So is this better/worse than a Uwe Boll movie?

It was terrible in a good way.

• Locked thread