Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

I was gonna say D'Artagnan but that is much better

oh hey look at that, new page.
out of context that reply is kind of :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piss boner
May 17, 2003

Rhyno posted:

good money says at least one person pushes me beyond my breaking point today.

I had to explain how to use the right mouse button on a laptop today. :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

piss boner posted:

I had to explain how to use the right mouse button on a laptop today. :v:

Last night I had a woman throw a fit over us not stocking an item that as far as I can fig on Google doesn't loving exist.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

But you should have one of those things, you know that thing with the things on it?

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Working behind the bar in the Indian I normally deliver for. Last night was quiet so you know tonight is gonna suck rear end! So much alcohol and I can't have any. Also having a 10 day old baby in the bed and drinking is a no no!

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Fucknag posted:

nah but craft beer aint for everyone, it's cool. that said, a lot of the microbrews tend to waaaay overdo it on the hops just because HOPS BRO, and it can ruin otherwise good flavors.

Mat_Drinks posted:

I used to think that I didn't really like craft beers, but then I just realized that hops overwhelms my palate so drinking IPAs and Pales isn't really for me because I don't get any of the nuance. It'd be like eating a ghost pepper then trying to eat pie or something... What pie? I'm eating pie? All I taste is fire so hot that I may be melting on the inside.

There has been a very obvious arms race in craft brew IPAs with "finishing hops" and people who drink those IPAs have been eased into it over the last 5 years or so. It really is like hot food: you definitely get desensitized to it and probably end up wanting more MORE MORE.

That leaves me not ordering IPAs at all, because you never know what you're going to get but chances are high it's been finish hopped so much that your mouth will feel like it's coated with hop oil after drinking half of one.

Mat_Drinks posted:

Belgians (not necessarily from Belgium, but the broad styles) on the other hand are delicious and I love them forever.

You obviously know what's up.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Mat_Drinks posted:

I used to think that I didn't really like craft beers, but then I just realized that hops overwhelms my palate so drinking IPAs and Pales isn't really for me because I don't get any of the nuance. It'd be like eating a ghost pepper then trying to eat pie or something... What pie? I'm eating pie? All I taste is fire so hot that I may be melting on the inside.

Belgians (not necessarily from Belgium, but the broad styles) on the other hand are delicious and I love them forever.

I just had a craft Pilsner last week that doesn't have a tab on top... You have to use an old school church key to open it. While that's totally a hipster thing to do the beer was super drinkable and good. And the name of the beer was 'Churchkey' har har.

With all this booze chat it seems like everyone must be enjoying Christmas Eve Eve :). Cheers!

I'm with you: hops can just gently caress right off. I too discovered Belgian beers, making my life much better.
And Christmas Eve is still a ways off for me - got to slog it through the (largely symbolic, as revmoo noted) workday first. then I'm off until the 5th. I plan to watch movies and play video games. And maybe install the old living room TV in the bedroom, if all the parts come in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

But you should have one of those things, you know that thing with the things on it?

I have none of those things but plenty of these other things.

Edit: My coworker just took a call from an rear end in a top hat. He asked what our hours were today, she told him we close at 5. He asked if we could stay open until 7 so he could get here after work. When she said know he fired off a stream of profanity so loud I could hear it and ended it with "MERRY loving CHRISTMAS." And hung up.

Yay!

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 24, 2014

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Motronic posted:

That leaves me not ordering IPAs at all, because you never know what you're going to get but chances are high it's been finish hopped so much that your mouth will feel like it's coated with hop oil after drinking half of one.

Delicious.

My only complaint with really hoppy beers is that if they sit on the shelf for very long at all the hop flavor turns into this really sickly syruppy taste that kind of ruins the beer.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

We're at my in-laws right now, my kids have been on the go all day but my wife won't put my daughter down to sleep for an hour "because it's Christmas" so they're both being shitbags from over stimulation.

Also for gently caress knows what reason we're listening to lovely Christmas songs from someone's phone, when we've the option of a bose sound system or chromecast to a tv with good speakers, but no, they won't have the tv on, even if nobody will be watching because it's Google music.

I can't even escape to the kitchen to help cook as it's all pre-prepared and there's no booze in the house.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Cakefool posted:

We're at my in-laws right now, my kids have been on the go all day but my wife won't put my daughter down to sleep for an hour "because it's Christmas" so they're both being shitbags from over stimulation.

Also for gently caress knows what reason we're listening to lovely Christmas songs from someone's phone, when we've the option of a bose sound system or chromecast to a tv with good speakers, but no, they won't have the tv on, even if nobody will be watching because it's Google music.

I can't even escape to the kitchen to help cook as it's all pre-prepared and there's no booze in the house.

No booze in the house?
No booze in the house!?
lovely situation all round, and no booze in the house!
I feel sorry for you man.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Thank gently caress the music has stopped and nobody seems to have noticed.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Always carry a flask.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Got the call that my car is done, pick it up in an hour. Probably spend the afternoon drunkenly changing its oil because I have some Mouse Drool that needs to be consumed.

I'm kinda on again off again with IPAs but gently caress me sideways I found black IPAs and they are loving delicious. Also, if some knob head craft beer rear end in a top hat gives you poo poo about like macros just punch them in the god drat face. There are days I'm envious of someone that just drinks something like Bud Light or whatever. Their drink if choice can be bought anywhere and for cheap.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

we didn't do christmas cards this year. We actually have never done them though one year we will. Merry Christmas to all you goons and your family from me and my family.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I wish I smoked.

At least they do good coffee.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Cakefool posted:

Why the hell would anyone choose to listen to music from a crappy phone speaker when there are other options?
My condolences.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Rhyno posted:

Only 7 hours til freedom! Working on Christmas Eve sucks, good money says at least one person pushes me beyond my breaking point today.

9 hours until I clock on for the Christmas Eve grave shift.

poo poo's going to suck hard. Work's doing their fourth potluck in the last month, because they're too loving cheap to even spring for a holiday party, and everyone's sick so I'm not touching anything they cooked with a ten foot pole.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I'm drinking eggnog and whiskey again and watching Love Actually with my dog. I'd say this holiday is going alright so far.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 214 days!)

I've been blasting jeninstereos' "I'm Jolly and I know it" for the last 2 hours. I hate the original song, but this is alright. I despise my neighbors, so I'll find a way to loop McCartneys' "Wonderful Christmas Time" and/or WHAMs! "Last Christmas" before I leave tomorrow.

Only Motronic (and maybe Kastein) may recognize and/or care (not car related): MAZ is shutting down after 20 years. Bought myself a couple copies of MindCandy 3. Probably the last release. :smith:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cakefool posted:

Christmas music
You need the Twisted Sister Christmas album.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Phone posted:

Eh. I'm still thumbing through Twin Peaks, but I should probably work on cleaning up a few things. I also managed to set up my TV again last night, so many loving wires.

My friends and I finished it a few weeks ago and oh god it was so good. I can't wait for the return

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Picked this up yesterday, Merry Christmas to ME!!!!

:dance:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

InitialDave posted:

You need the Twisted Sister Christmas album.

I need anal oval office and a yard of brandy.

E: that looks cool as Hell.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

You have seriously made my holiday season by giving that cat a good home. Thank you.

I think I'm about to ruin it :(

Stepdad left the front door open while he was loading stuff in his truck. Haven't seen him since, and found fresh cat paw prints in the flowerbed next to the front door. :smithicide: I know he's good at hiding, but we've spent 4 hours looking for him. Litter box hasn't been touched today, neither has his food. Talked to neighbors, looked through bushes and a couple of yards. Talked to the neighbor behind us since I saw his garage door open, he let me look through his garage.

I've got posters out, and I have a carrier with the shirt he was laying on last night in it sitting on the front porch with some food in it and a blanket covering the top/side openings. I know indoor cats tend to stick pretty close to whatever house they get out of; my next door neighbor has holes in their fence and a deck, about to go over there and ask to look under the deck.

edit found him :neckbeard:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 24, 2014

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Motronic posted:

Always carry a flask.

this.
no regrets. no pity.

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

Cakefool posted:

I need anal oval office and a yard of brandy.

E: that looks cool as Hell.

Check out the Gary Hoey christmas album as well.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Good job!
:minnie:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Christmas eve and out of all the cartoons and movies what does my son choose to watch on tv?

ROADKILL MARATHON

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Fo3 posted:

Good job!
:minnie:

He's pretty spooked and hiding under furniture again. I don't know why he decided to make a run for it, since AC said he'd never shown any real interest in going outside. I guess the whole "hey wide open front door with nobody around for several minutes, lots of rabbits running by in the yard, and I haven't gotten the loving deed to the house yet" bit was too inviting.

Hopefully he'll make an appearance tonight, he was settling in pretty well (if not a bit skittish whenever there was a loud noise). Also hopefully this will teach asshat stepdad to actually be a little more careful. :argh:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 24, 2014

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
The Jeep dealer is worse than the Rover dealerships.

WHY DOES IT TAKE TWO WEEKS TO GET A loving BEARING THAT WAS USED ACROSS 800 loving VEHICLES.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

cursedshitbox posted:

The Jeep dealer is worse than the Rover dealerships.

WHY DOES IT TAKE TWO WEEKS TO GET A loving BEARING THAT WAS USED ACROSS 800 loving VEHICLES.

The only SEAT dealership in Coventry is a combo SEAT/Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge affair, and I cannot exaggerate how pathetically little traction any of those brands have with the buying public in the UK. Getting bits for my old SEAT was half infuriating because it took forever, and half heartbreaking because I was almost always the only customer there.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Colicy baby says, no, you will not sleep in between the hours of 11pm and 8am. then you can sleep, right when you have a bunch of other poo poo to do, ok?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

leica posted:

Christmas eve and out of all the cartoons and movies what does my son choose to watch on tv?

ROADKILL MARATHON

You have taught him well.

Don't forget to torture them all with Public Domain Wonders. (It's basically a front end to archive.org). Santa vs the Martians wouldn't be a bad followup when others visit.

some texas redneck posted:

He's pretty spooked and hiding under furniture again.

Glad you got your kitty back! :neckbeard:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I'm pretty sure he's going to keep hiding until we hand over the deed to the house. Kind of like Squeak would constantly box the 90 pound dog until we signed over all our bank accounts to him.

But seriously I'm amazed how fast he took to the dog. Dog sniffed his butt when he first arrived, and he hid for a bit. The next day he walked up to the dog and head butted him a few times, then walked under him. I never knew dogs were capable of "what the gently caress just happened?" looks, and the dog seems a little uncomfortable with The Dude trying to cuddle with him. Probably more because our dog is really slow to trust, and kind of slow in general (he took to rear end in a top hat Casserole almost immediately, but she works with animals daily).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 24, 2014

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
i've got half a zip and i'm debating on what to order from chinese take out

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cakefool posted:

Also for gently caress knows what reason we're listening to lovely Christmas songs from someone's phone

People have died for things like this. They were meant to have served as a warning to others. Don't make me do it again. EXAMPLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

I really loving hate that phones have the option to put music through a crappy little speaker with a frequency range of 400-4000hz. I make speakers as a hobby so this is the worst thing in the world to me.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

rscott posted:

Black bean chicken.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

rscott posted:

Green Tea/Ginger Ice Cream. Four bottles of Sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Tiny poo poo that I want you to print.

I'm okay with this. Printer will be up and running by new year's day. Unless I royally gently caress something up.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I was gonna say D'Artagnan but that is much better

oh hey look at that, new page.
out of context that reply is kind of :lol:

At least D'artagnan can be shortened to Dart. Now I'm torn.

• Locked thread