Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Safety Factor posted:

This just popped up in my e-mail:

I guess there was a jigsaw thing sent out over the last couple of days? It's pretty obviously Polux.

Thats a really, really good model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
So the other day on the blacklibary calendar there was some white scars specific cards. It had maelstrom cards and psyker cards.

Did anyone get it? What are their psyker cards? Just normal stuff Marines have access to or some mini lore of the scars? I know they have a specific cult of librarians who knew they would keep using powers after the edict of Nikea[sic?]. Khan was one of the 3 primarus who fought for psykers. So maybe they have their own lore?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Blood and Skull industry has their new chimera/rhino sized oppressor treads up on their site:

It's noticeably different from the originals:

I'm a bit disappointed since I use the originals on all my tanks. I have only a few left.

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Dec 24, 2014

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

BULBASAUR posted:

Blood and Skull industry has their new chimera/rhino sized oppressor treads up on their site:

I'm a bit disappointed since I use the originals on all my tanks. I have only a few left.

Am I understanding him right that it takes two packs for a Leman Russ or Chimera? Because $18 per tank for fancy tracks is pretty drat steep even for this hobby.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

WhiteOutMouse posted:

So the other day on the blacklibary calendar there was some white scars specific cards. It had maelstrom cards and psyker cards.

Did anyone get it? What are their psyker cards? Just normal stuff Marines have access to or some mini lore of the scars? I know they have a specific cult of librarians who knew they would keep using powers after the edict of Nikea[sic?]. Khan was one of the 3 primarus who fought for psykers. So maybe they have their own lore?

Didn't buy it, but it is described as "Tactical Objectives" on the site, and makes no mention of psychic powers.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

BULBASAUR posted:

e: Laser Destroyers have always been AP1 in the heresy. They had slightly different rules when they were ported into 40k. I always assumed it was one of those 'better during the heresy' things like contemptors and predator tanks.

Here's the thing-Laser Destroyers were in 40K first. The Destroyer Tank Hunter's been around forever, and while the rules for it changed pretty drastically (Used to be Strength 10 AP2 Ordnance 1, with no Twin-Linked, and in IA1:2E the name of its weapon was changed to the "Heavy Laser Destroyer" with the addition of the smaller variant on the Rapier) it's always been AP2. Likewise, Imperial Armor 1 Second Edition came out before (Or just after, I can't tell) the first book of The Horus Heresy, and presumably the first Horus Heresy book would be covered under the later errata given the wording "Wherever it is found".

Of course, the profile for the Laser Destroyer doesn't even stay consistent within 30K itself (36" range in Book One under the Fellblade-mounted "Laser Destroyer" like it's listed everywhere else, 48" range under the Rapier mounted "Laser Destroyer Array" in the Solar Auxilla army list) so I don't even know anymore. All I can really say is that since it's listed as AP 2 under the most recent editions of Imperial Armor 1 and 2, 30K regardless it should be listed as AP 2 in IA 13. Here's to hoping that they'll actually come out and clarify it soon.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Dec 24, 2014

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

It kind of sucks they turned out different, I really like the old design. The new one has fatter spikes, but that's not a deal-breaker or anything so I'll still be picking up a few sets. It may have been that this redesign gives more consistent quality in the new material. Oh well, at least I can build my Night Lords' rhinos now. Going to look boss as hell with forge world legion doors and spiky treads. :getin:
They'll get blown up in every game

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Does anyone either have the Mucolid bitz from the Tyrannocyte model they'd be willing to part or know a good way to get them other than eBay? I'm fine to sculpt my own tendrils instead of paying out the nose for them. It's quite aggravating that Mucolid models are impossible to make if you want to make a Tyrannocyte. GW could make even more if they sold a kit for them separately.

Edit: While we're at it if anyone has a spare set of the "spinebank" arms from the Tervigon kit I would be interested in buying them off you.

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 24, 2014

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Back at my folks' place for the holidays, so I ordered a bunch more stuff to make new scenery for my table. This time I want to build more complete buildings, similar to the displays at the GW events (though not quite as obtrusive as those seem to make things look. In particular, I wanted to do a tall walkway based on a FW display I saw some photos of a couple of months ago. Should be done by the time I game with ANAmal and Shadow Daishi this weekend.

Here's the WIP imagery:

The bridge disconnects for easy storage (and can be used on other elements on my cityfight board)

Door detail:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Are those just Bastions? What's the bridge?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
So I bought the deathstorm box and when I opened it the Terminator captain was missing. I didn't post about it because of the reaction it would have got, but after I went into my store and they called customer service I am now in the possession of....another deathstorm box while also keeping the one that had the captain missing.

Say what you like about GW, customer service can't be beaten.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

serious gaylord posted:

So I bought the deathstorm box and when I opened it the Terminator captain was missing. I didn't post about it because of the reaction it would have got, but after I went into my store and they called customer service I am now in the possession of....another deathstorm box while also keeping the one that had the captain missing.

Say what you like about GW, customer service can't be beaten.

Honest question what reaction were you expecting? GW being super good about replacing missing/broken stuff is par for the course. When I had a broken arm and a few pieces missing from Space Hulk they sent me an entire copy of the spru I was missing.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I'd have expected them to send just the captain in one of those white boxes.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I'd have expected them to send just the captain in one of those white boxes.

That's what I was expecting too. Its not like they'd have to ruin another box to send the missing bit, hes one sprue.

Badgersmasher
Dec 31, 2013
So I'm working on a project to convert a batch of Sisters of Battle Sisters Superior models into crusaders for my inquisitor. I have the models now but unfortunately the bitz sprue on the GW site that I was planning to use is no longer listed. The sprue in question was an empire weapon upgrade sprue from Fantasy. Any suggestions on a good alternative?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

serious gaylord posted:

That's what I was expecting too. Its not like they'd have to ruin another box to send the missing bit, hes one sprue.

That's either a hilarious quirk of the ordering process (they don't have codes for those specific characters in the CS system, just the set as a whole) or they don't actually have any of them left without cracking a box. Either way, congratulations, it's a Christmas miracle.

Now, if you listen carefully you might just hear the sound of a hundred twats lifting up their receivers.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Wait, where can Laser Destroyers be taken as sponson weapons? The only place I've seen them are on Rapier Weapon Batteries (And the Heavy Laser Destroyer on the Destroyer Tank Hunter).

Spartan Assualt Tank

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm seriously going to just houserule loving everything once I get my table set up

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I feel like GW's customer service is the spouse who's always apologizing for their partner's rear end in a top hat behaviour. " I'm so sorry Ralph puked into your geraniums and called your mother a whore, please accept this wine of the month club membership as my apology for him".

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I'm seriously going to just houserule loving everything once I get my table set up

There's a thread for that

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
Man, Leviathan makes making ridiculous FMC lists even easier. My current plan for my 1000pt two-on-two list is three Hive Tyrants, two Harpies, and two Mucolids. 3 HQ slots is just so powerful.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The 30 point troop tax is kind of a huge boost as well. If you want to go full bore crazy town big creatures list.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Hollismason posted:

The 30 point troop tax is kind of a huge boost as well. If you want to go full bore crazy town big creatures list.

Yeah compared to some other armies 80pts for 20 Termagants honestly wasn't that bad to begin with but a 50pt drop is a huge savings. Leviathan doesn't get Objective Secured for Troops anyway, so Troops lose their most valuable reason to field them anyway.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I think I have the worst sort of faction ADD, I keep thinking how awesome an army of necrons painted in an art deco style would be, ha;lp.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

PierreTheMime posted:

Man, Leviathan makes making ridiculous FMC lists even easier. My current plan for my 1000pt two-on-two list is three Hive Tyrants, two Harpies, and two Mucolids. 3 HQ slots is just so powerful.

Using Leviathan, and only 3 CADs, you can easily run seven flying hive tyrants at 1850.

Many tournaments wont allow three CADs, but many do allow one allied detachement of the same faction. This makes four Flyrants and Four harpies/crones very easy. Toss in some venomthropes for some turn 1 cover and you're golden. (or Malanthropes if you're allowed.) Mucolid spores fill your troops. Also known as the gently caress knights list.

It's garbage for Maelstrom missions though.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Master Twig posted:

Using Leviathan, and only 3 CADs, you can easily run seven flying hive tyrants at 1850.

Many tournaments wont allow three CADs, but many do allow one allied detachement of the same faction. This makes four Flyrants and Four harpies/crones very easy. Toss in some venomthropes for some turn 1 cover and you're golden. (or Malanthropes if you're allowed.) Mucolid spores fill your troops. Also known as the gently caress knights list.

It's garbage for Maelstrom missions though.

Yeah the GT only allows a combination of two: CAD, AD, or Formation. I could squeeze more FMCS out of a CAD and AD, but Skyblight gives me way better control of the board and the non-FMC units give me far better defensive options.

Edit: also lol "only 3 CADs". What a world we live in now. :allears:

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 24, 2014

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Now, if you listen carefully you might just hear the sound of a hundred twats lifting up their receivers.

I'm pretty sure they wont do that for everyone that rings in, I think I only got it because I went to the store and he asked if I was happy to get a replacement sent for me instead of him opening a box in the shop to give me. I was, since I'm in no rush to paint it and an entire new box turns up.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PierreTheMime posted:

Does anyone either have the Mucolid bitz from the Tyrannocyte model they'd be willing to part or know a good way to get them other than eBay? I'm fine to sculpt my own tendrils instead of paying out the nose for them. It's quite aggravating that Mucolid models are impossible to make if you want to make a Tyrannocyte. GW could make even more if they sold a kit for them separately.

Edit: While we're at it if anyone has a spare set of the "spinebank" arms from the Tervigon kit I would be interested in buying them off you.

I will look through my bits box, but you mean the fleshborer hive from the tyrannofex kits? I should have a couple of them. Do you have private messages? I will let you know this weekend.

For the Mucolid, you could try the forge world spore mines. They usually go on ebay for cheap. You would need to raise them up about a half an inch, and they need a bit of bulking out on top to match the scale. You could clip the top off them and glue the extra mucolid parts to them, though you would need greenstuff to smooth it down. Otherwise greenstuff tendrils would be the cheapest way.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

Are those just Bastions? What's the bridge?

They're bastions. I ordered some extra wall sections off a guy on ebay. One wall section at the top on each one is modified to replace the outcropping with a door from the Basilica Administratum. The bridge is made from Basilica flooring pieces with railings and beams from the same kit. The white bits are plasticard.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

PierreTheMime posted:

Yeah the GT only allows a combination of two: CAD, AD, or Formation. I could squeeze more FMCS out of a CAD and AD, but Skyblight gives me way better control of the board and the non-FMC units give me far better defensive options.

Edit: also lol "only 3 CADs". What a world we live in now. :allears:

Yeah this is that 5 Tyrant list I was talking about earlier, saw some test games and battle reports on Dakka with it, I think they nicknamed it Pennytyrant or whatever. Looks good, honestly. 2 CADs , it's JY2s by the way. Who's got pretty good skills and his battle reports are good.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/625933.page

Flyrant - 2x TL-Brainleech Devourers, Egrubs, Fighter Ace (Warlord)
Flyrant - 2x TL-Brainleech Devourers, Egrubs

Lictor
Lictor
Lictor

3x Rippers - Deepstrike
3x Rippers - Deepstrike

Mawloc

Void Shield Generator - 3x Void Shields

Hive Fleet Leviathan detachment:

Malanthrope

1x Mucolid
1x Mucolid
1x Mucolid

I thought it was interesting. I'm supposedly suppose to play against it at some point, my friends obsessed with Hive Tyrants.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

PierreTheMime posted:

Hive Fleet Detachment has 3 Troops as compulsory so you will need a 3rd Mucolid or something.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

LordAba posted:

I will look through my bits box, but you mean the fleshborer hive from the tyrannofex kits? I should have a couple of them. Do you have private messages? I will let you know this weekend.

For the Mucolid, you could try the forge world spore mines. They usually go on ebay for cheap. You would need to raise them up about a half an inch, and they need a bit of bulking out on top to match the scale. You could clip the top off them and glue the extra mucolid parts to them, though you would need greenstuff to smooth it down. Otherwise greenstuff tendrils would be the cheapest way.
Yeah, the large arm bitz with the spikes on the front. Is that supposed to be Fleshborer Hive? I never messed with Tyrannofexes so I never cared what they were actually called.

As for the spore mines, that's a good idea. I'll take a look.

Tequila Ranger posted:

Hive Fleet Detachment has 3 Troops as compulsory so you will need a 3rd Mucolid or something.

Ok, I've got the points to do that.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tequila Ranger posted:

I wish the spores had the same rules as the mawloc. I can charge my explosive mines into enemy units and explode no problem, but dropping on units? Nope! I get to go in time out in the corner of the board.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

LordAba posted:

I wish the spores had the same rules as the mawloc. I can charge my explosive mines into enemy units and explode no problem, but dropping on units? Nope! I get to go in time out in the corner of the board.

I, too, wish I could semi-reliably batch-delete Crisis Suits off the table without any effort.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Mucolids would be brokenly good if they could deep strike onto enemies and blow up upon arrival. I still like them a they are. You drop in a whole bunch of them and your opponent MUST dedicate fire to them or be blown up. That's one squad fewer shooting their small arms fire at your Tyrants at an attempt to ground them. Against Tau it draws a lot of overwatch away from your assault units too. Mucolids are fantastic and you have the points you should take more.

I was trying to come up with the best list I could that uses just one Leviathan CAD.

I went with this nonsense.

Three Hive Tyrants with Dual Devourers, wings, electroshocks
Two Crones, one has cluster spines (needed 5 points somewhere)
Four Mucolid Spores
A Malanthrope
Two Dimachearons
Two Tyrannocites with barbd stranglers
Aegis Defense line with comms relay.

Master Twig fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Dec 24, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

You could always go the crazy convert 12 play that with a 2 CAD army.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PierreTheMime posted:

I, too, wish I could semi-reliably batch-delete Crisis Suits off the table without any effort.

Less accurate battle cannon shot?

I guess for 15 points and troop slot you have a point.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

I thought it was interesting. I'm supposedly suppose to play against it at some point, my friends obsessed with Hive Tyrants.

There is a lot you can call lists like these, but I don't think "interesting" is the word that comes to mind. :v:

Also, merry Christmas, 40k thread! :toot: I got my Spawn of Cryptus in the mail the other day, so expect pictures in a week or so when I get around to painting it.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Soulfucker posted:

There is a lot you can call lists like these, but I don't think "interesting" is the word that comes to mind. :v:

Also, merry Christmas, 40k thread! :toot: I got my Spawn of Cryptus in the mail the other day, so expect pictures in a week or so when I get around to painting it.

Merry Christmas! May the Hive Mind devour us, every one!

Ugh I just bought another goddamn Hive Tyrant to get my list ready. That's four winged ones and five walking ones for those counting at home. One day walking Tyrants will be good again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PierreTheMime posted:

Merry Christmas! May the Hive Mind devour us, every one!

Ugh I just bought another goddamn Hive Tyrant to get my list ready. That's four winged ones and five walking ones for those counting at home. One day walking Tyrants will be good again.

If only they kept the 2+ armor save option. Plus they didn't give us any new relics in the Shield of Baal campaign. I want an item for a tyrant guard that gives +1 S/T to the hive tyrant that joins!

• Locked thread