Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Tollymain posted:

would you say that nobody loves dr. fetus now

I would've said yes, except I just found out that getting a poison effect on your tears brings Dr. Fetus' damage back up to flash Isaac levels. I have no idea why. :psyduck:

dis astranagant posted:

Soy Milk is pretty good in general with anything that makes your fire rate really slow, except for brimstone lasers. It's damage/5, delay between shots/10 and only sucks normally because shot delay isn't granular enough to handle it with normal fire rates.

Sometimes I take Soy Milk because even though it's weak, I think it's kind of interesting to play around with, and wanna see if I can get something that synergies with it pretty well. Actually, does anyone else do that, not just with Soy Milk but with any item other item that's considered weak but has like a gimmick attached to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freelancepolice
Apr 8, 2008
I'm still at the stage where I'll not think about synergies and grab more or less anything that appears. I'm slowly learning but I've really put myself in a corner on a couple or runs.

The laser is something which is a real hit or miss depending on your other items.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Soy Milk is great, not because it makes you better at killing things, but because it's fun.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

There's a sweet spot where accumulated rounding errors cause soy milk to triple your (already decent because you need mutant spider or polyphemus to set it up) dps.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Sometimes I take Soy Milk because even though it's weak, I think it's kind of interesting to play around with, and wanna see if I can get something that synergies with it pretty well. Actually, does anyone else do that, not just with Soy Milk but with any item other item that's considered weak but has like a gimmick attached to it.

The only item I just will not take under any circumstances is Experimental Treatment. Any other item is usually worth the change of pace, although more often than not soy milk leads to a game over, especially if you already had shot speed up.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

Freelancepolice posted:

I'm still at the stage where I'll not think about synergies and grab more or less anything that appears. I'm slowly learning but I've really put myself in a corner on a couple or runs.

The laser is something which is a real hit or miss depending on your other items.

Synergies aren't really a big thing that Edmund made them out to be early on. He just picked out all the semi interesting ones and gave an impression that all item combinations would have cool effects but there are still a lot of things that do nothing together.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
If you grab Soy Milk and then Libra, enjoy your free win. Unless you're The Lost, of course.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Has anyone done any digging to find out what exactly libra does?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Ariong posted:

Gives 6 coins/bombs/keys and averages your main stats out? It's pretty obvious what it does :confused:

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Does Libra affect future stat-ups also? I'm sure when I got it with Samson, each time I got hit I would get a speed, rate of fire and power increase.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ariong posted:

Apparently 1 Damage = 2.5 Range = 0.15 Speed and then it tries to account for how going from 6 delay to 5 delay is better than going from 11 delay to 10 delay, causing it to poo poo the bed when you have crazy soy milk fire rates. It's also a constant effect that updates any time a stat changes.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Ehehehe, getting Mini Mush with the Pony makes Eve so adorable.

Grr, I'm going to get you mommy!

:3:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Any word about when the 'can't use secret rooms to get into item rooms and shops' bug? It's pretty annoying, more so considering that Ed released an emergency patch to fix that 'seed challenge exploit' bug nobody should really care about the second he found out about it while this bug has been unpatched for two weeks now.

I'm also curious as to whether the 'sharp plug only works when charge is at 0' thing has been confirmed as a bug or whether its the intentional functionality, I hope it's a bug.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra7cC8mER5I

Blue cap, dead onion and my reflection is a really bad combo holy poo poo.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

kemikalkadet posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra7cC8mER5I

Blue cap, dead onion and my reflection is a really bad combo holy poo poo.

That's why whip worm exists.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
My first Lost run gave me ludovico, gnawed leaf, and max damage by basement 2. What the Christ, game?

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

omeg posted:

No real limit to damage afaik. The stat screen is only an approximation.
There is definitely stat scaling going on for damage and tears upgrades, but only scaling for those two stats. Also a number of items/synergies appear to circumvent the diminishing dmg/tear scaling with flat-bonuses, for example in the original BoI money = power and lump of coal have flat damage bonuses that aren't scaled down by the number of dmg upgrades you already have. Similarly the cancer tricket still upgrades your tears by a flat RoF increase. God help your ears if you ever get soy milk + technology + cancer trinket. :ohdear:

Also range up/down can get a bit confusing because the displayed bars are actually the shot speed * range stat (in other words your true range.) The range stat itself still scales linearly, but a shot speed down item will decrease the range bars even if you've maxed the range stat.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

Prop Wash posted:

edit: by the way, does anyone have a link to a 100% save file? My keyboard has a weird ghosting issue and it makes the hairball challenge an exercise in frustration, so I'm not going to bother. Or feel free to angrypost about people you don't know cheating in video games, whichever. If you want something to get really angry about, yesterday I got Death's Touch, the Parasite, Ipecac and Cricket's Body, but then I forgot to write down the seed :smith:

Well, seeing how it's Christmas and all...

http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/68141643/file.html

It's just the persistentgamedata file, so hopefully that works. I've never fiddled around with the savefiles so use this at your own risk. It worked fine for my friend though, so it probably won't screw up your game. I took it from Documents\My Games\Binding of Isaac Rebirth, so that's probably where you want to put it.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Are damage multiplier items like Magic Mush or Cricket's Head a one time deal or do they affect future damage ups?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Just got to, and beat, the Chest for the first time, that was intense! I've gotten to the Dark Room a couple of times, but the four starting chests have always been red for me, which was a pain (I had monkey's paw the first time).

I've got to say, the Chest music is probably my favorite one so far.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Dark Room chests are always red. Can't do anything about that.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Dark Room chests are always red. Can't do anything about that.

They're always red, but they act exactly the same as 'The Chest' chests outside the starting room- ie. They will always contain a treasure room item.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Okay, this is pretty weird:

Why is there a normal devil deal (well, "normal") after It Lives? :confused:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

You exhausted the Devil Room pool somehow. It offers those exact items and the fires will contain black hearts. It even replaces the room after beating It Lives!.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

You exhausted the Devil Room pool somehow. It offers those exact items and the fires will contain black hearts. It even replaces the room after beating It Lives!.

Weird, I didn't see many devil deal items at all. I'd love Brimstone or Abbadon :v:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

omeg posted:

Okay, this is pretty weird:

Why is there a normal devil deal (well, "normal") after It Lives? :confused:

I hope you got the milk.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I've never seen the devil room after It Lives spawn anyhing but a trapdoor to Sheol before.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Kurtofan posted:

I hope you got the milk.

I'd take the Sad Onion for that price, it's a pretty good item!

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
I'm not sure if the exploit still exists, but did you use the alt+F4 glitch?

When you do it, it removes the current devil room items for that floor from the game and replaces them with new items. This will continue until only Breakfast remains if you do it enough.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Poizen Jam posted:

I'm not sure if the exploit still exists, but did you use the alt+F4 glitch?

When you do it, it removes the current devil room items for that floor from the game and replaces them with new items. This will continue until only Breakfast remains if you do it enough.

No, just played normally. Saved & quit one or two times but that's it. God rooms just don't want to appear :argh:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I just had a hilarious combination:

ipecac + tear bombs + bob's brain + splash tears

So every time I hit something with bob's brain everything exploded in a big ball of doom (including myself)

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003
They just released an update to fix the bombing of certain rooms issue.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

1.04 posted:

Fix bombing secret/special room walls
Fix screensaver coming up during play on Linux
Fix not being able to delete save slots on Steam Cloud
Fix Judas achievements not unlocking with Black Judas
Fix getting stuck during teleport

Fix crash when jumping to new level
Fix eternal flies for blue baby fight
Fix Dad's Key for double locked doors
Fix hang on We Need To Go Deeper
Fix invisible laser damage
Fix familiars being overwritten by blue spiders/flies
New seeds for christmas
Fix Womb room with 4 Gaping Maws in the center
Fix Jar + Double Heart issues
Fix Guppy's Collar hiding co-op babies
Fix Full Health/Rainbow Poop for local co-op

Mostly bug fixes, not really any balance changes except for maybe Dad's Key.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Anyone ever seen a bug with dead cat + strength? If you die you'll respawn outside the room you were in but then the strength debuff triggers which kills you again. At this point you respawn in the same room but are invisible plus maybe other issues until you leave the room.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
So is the invisible laser thing the thing that makes brimstone/lasers have a bigger hitbox than graphic or the thing that makes them disappear a split second before their hitbox disappears or both? Either way I'll take it.

Kind of curious about Christmas seeds. They should make one where Krampus spawns in every devil room.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

quote:

New seeds for christmas

Interested to find out what this means. Anyone tried anything yet?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

There's two new ones at least. The first one gives Isaac a Santa hat. I have no idea what the 2nd one does.

There's also a new bug with tears. You automatically fire upon entering a room. It affects Mom's Knife and Brimstone.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dr. Fetus posted:

There's two new ones at least. The first one gives Isaac a Santa hat. I have no idea what the 2nd one does.

There's also a new bug with tears. You automatically fire upon entering a room. It affects Mom's Knife and Brimstone.

CHRS TMAS also appears to give Isaac a santa hat and that's all. Well at least Isaac can join in the krampus spirit I guess :v:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'm genuinely really happy that this game is carrying on the Binding of Isaac tradition of constantly having inexplicable bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Now that I'm working on my second save file, I'm reminded what the worst challenge is: