Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Barry Convex posted:

This is apparently a full-page ad in the NYT today. Nothing new for those who are familiar with the usual rhetoric, but pretty vile nonetheless.

A progressive utopia.
http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/.premium-1.601759

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Brainbread posted:

... isn't same-sex marriage illegal in Israel?

Well, civil marriage doesn't really exist in Israel, it's left to the religious authorities.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Brainbread posted:

... isn't same-sex marriage illegal in Israel?

"I mean. We don't recognize queer people as having the same rights of other citizens, but those guys are SO MUCH WORSE therefore we are absolved of any criticism."

Saying that you're better than people actively butchering queer people isn't really saying that much at all.

Well, Israel *is* genuinely progressive on gay rights relative to the occupied territories or elsewhere in the region. Just not to the extent that it ought to be or claims to be, especially regarding gay Palestinians seeking asylum.

And of course, the implication that this gives Israel a blank check on human rights is beyond repugnant. But sadly, a lot of my fellow gays (especially my fellow Jewish gays) buy into this garbage.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Barry Convex posted:

Well, Israel *is* genuinely progressive on gay rights relative to the occupied territories or elsewhere in the region. Just not to the extent that it ought to be or claims to be, especially regarding gay Palestinians seeking asylum.

And of course, the implication that this gives Israel a blank check on human rights is beyond repugnant.

Its not that Israel gets a blank check, its that were Palestinian groups to win control over their stated objectives, ie a single-state solution under arab control, then all the homosexual individuals in Israel would be subject to mass extermination.

How can you share power with someone who proclaims, "Death to your family"?

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Barry Convex posted:

And of course, the implication that this gives Israel a blank check on human rights is beyond repugnant. But sadly, a lot of my fellow gays (especially my fellow Jewish gays) buy into this garbage.

Yeah, I don't disagree on the first part! Palestine sure as hell isn't a safe place for someone who is queer!

Looking online though - Israel explicitly bans Queer Palestinian Asylum Seekers because they're Palestinians. Which is... kind of the opposite of their message there. But Israel clearly gives no shits about international law, so blanket bans on Palestinian Asylum seekers for any reason doesn't seem out of place (it is prohibited to return an asylum seeker to a place where he or she would be in a life endangering situation). At least they sometimes sort of maybe push the application to other countries though.

If they stay in Palestine, they are in danger because of a rampantly homophobic culture. If they escape to Israel and are caught, they'll be deported and possibly murdered for their orientation or gender identity (according to the linked report, they are often deported against the order of judges. The police themselves are apparently deporting them prior to their appointments with the courts, as well).

But you know, its a great place according to gay Americans!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
None of the religious institutions that would be willing to recognize gay marriage in Israel are recognized by any of the religious courts because they are willing to recognize gay marriage. It wasn''t until 2006 that Israel would even acknowledge gay marriages from other countries.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

My Imaginary GF posted:

Its not that Israel gets a blank check, its that were Palestinian groups to win control over their stated objectives, ie a single-state solution under arab control, then all the homosexual individuals in Israel would be subject to mass extermination.

Except that PLO formally endorses and seeks a two state solution.

All Arabs in Israel, including the gay ones are and would be subjected to apartheid and life as either a second class citizen or a colonial subject. So yes, Israel gets a blank check. Ironically enough that gay non-Jewish American doesn't have a chance in hell of even becoming a citizen, and even if he did he would be an inferior one. He's free to wave the rainbow flag on a Tel Aviv beach I guess, but there are countries where you can do that and not be treated like dirt if you actually live there and aren't a member of the master race.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Dec 24, 2014

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FRINGE posted:

Its funny (not funny) but years ago when some of us would point that out the various Israeli propagandists had an easy time making fun of the crazy conspiracy people.

It was an easy strategy to use as long as the world believed all the bald-faced lies about "peaceful democratic Israel".

PEACE! PEACE! PEACE!
*kills kids, steals land*
*Awards medals to terrorists and murderers*

I don't think that's the reason they have an easy time making fun of you. It's because you repeatedly spew unverified infodumps as long as they seem to prop up a narrative that is convenient for you.

The people who bring up serious issues they yell at to go live in Gaza or threaten with murder and rape.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

So, two things, apparently an IDF soldier was seriously wounded during the incident earlier today: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4607234,00.html

Now here's an actually possibly interesting development: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4607410,00.html

The hebrew article on haaretz also quotes Netanyahu's cronies as stating that the Likud comptroller doesn't have the authority to disqualify candidates, so, whether this actually means anything remains to be seen.

Edit: And lest we forgot! This has been an exciting day http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4607132,00.html

It would be utterly delicious if, after years of trying to push Feiglin out of the Knesset using silly technical maneuvers, Netanyahu is pushed out of leadership in this way.

As for Lieberman's party, wow; where did they find 30 people to be involved in such a scandal?!

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Israeli propaganda is for people who already support Israel, it's a way to promote talking points. Israel relies on its existing power base, it doesn't seek new converts.

Pretty much. They can then point to this and tell their constituents at home "hey, see, we're doing something with this money you're paying us! We are Hasbaraing, it's not working because they're antisemites!"

As for gay rights, one of the things that came out of the refusenik letter by intelligence officers a few months back, is that Israel uses the homophobia in Palestinian society to recruit homosexuals as informants, thus exacerbating their persecution there. It is despicable that they then pinkwash themselves as this pro-gay utopia. This is before I talk about how it is like there in practice in places outside of Tel Aviv. It's better than most other countries in the area, but it's no San Fran.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
More and more, things are slowly lumering towards Nakba 2: Nakba Harder.

DarkCrawler posted:

Except that PLO formally endorses and seeks a two state solution.

All Arabs in Israel, including the gay ones are and would be subjected to apartheid and life as either a second class citizen or a colonial subject. So yes, Israel gets a blank check. Ironically enough that gay non-Jewish American doesn't have a chance in hell of even becoming a citizen, and even if he did he would be an inferior one. He's free to wave the rainbow flag on a Tel Aviv beach I guess, but there are countries where you can do that and not be treated like dirt if you actually live there and aren't a member of the master race.

I feel like a broken record for saying this, but you are talking to noted fascist robot MyImaginaryGF. He will not read what you said, will make no attempt to udnerstand, and will poo poo the thread for pages arguing the same insane points over and over again. Talking to a wall would be more constructive.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It would be utterly delicious if, after years of trying to push Feiglin out of the Knesset using silly technical maneuvers, Netanyahu is pushed out of leadership in this way.

As for gay rights, one of the things that came out of the refusenik letter by intelligence officers a few months back, is that Israel uses the homophobia in Palestinian society to recruit homosexuals as informants, thus exacerbating their persecution there. It is despicable that they then pinkwash themselves as this pro-gay utopia. This is before I talk about how it is like there in practice in places outside of Tel Aviv. It's better than most other countries in the area, but it's no San Fran.

Gurvitz claims to have reviewed the Likud rule book and that there is absolutely no cause to think that a comptroller has the authority to disqualify anyone, I'll take his word for it therefore I guess it's an internal power play, Sa'ar behind the scenes or Feiglin? I actually doubt Feiglin is in anyway involved cause he seems like a competent politician and he knows better than to alienate King Bibi.

And for the second paragraph, "lol" at living anywhere outside of Tel-Aviv regardless.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Gurvitz claims to have reviewed the Likud rule book and that there is absolutely no cause to think that a comptroller has the authority to disqualify anyone, I'll take his word for it therefore I guess it's an internal power play, Sa'ar behind the scenes or Feiglin? I actually doubt Feiglin is in anyway involved cause he seems like a competent politician and he knows better than to alienate King Bibi.
Oh, in that case, if it goes through anyway, that will be doubly delicious. Won't be holding my breath, although "Member of Knesset Netanyahu" or, even better, "Mr. Netanyahu" would really be music to my ears.

quote:

And for the second paragraph, "lol" at living anywhere outside of Tel-Aviv regardless.
On the off, off chance I move back to Israel, I'm not planning on living in Tel Aviv. Lots of friends in that area, but no way am I paying anybody that kind of rent. I was thinking Haifa or Beer Sheva.

ETA:

LOL, the Kachniks' election campaign started, they're calling Bennett a brother to Tibi and not a true representative of real right-wing Jews.

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Dec 25, 2014

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

My Imaginary GF posted:

It's like Hitchens 3.0. Neo neo con. Maybe we can convince him that Liberalism in One Country is feasible for the U.S. instead of permanent counterrevolution.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

MonsieurChoc posted:

More and more, things are slowly lumering towards Nakba 2: Nakba Harder.

I feel like a broken record for saying this, but you are talking to noted fascist robot MyImaginaryGF. He will not read what you said, will make no attempt to udnerstand, and will poo poo the thread for pages arguing the same insane points over and over again. Talking to a wall would be more constructive.

I agree that you shouldn't have conversations with My Imaginary GF* and he should be added to an ignore list to make the task easier, but his talking points aren't fascist at all. Real fascists support the one state solution with no jews left alive in Palestine (or anywhere else), fyi. The few words I've read of him because some sad bastard quoted him were strongly in Israel support, which is the opposite of what fascists say.
On that topic, I'd say that in Europe Israel is losing what little support it had, only moderate rightists are left in their field. Everyone else finds enough reasons to dislike Israel, wether it's a racist or ethical/political point of view.

*he's very likely just joking, but he's boring and not fun at that either

Cippalippus fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 25, 2014

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

My Imaginary GF posted:

good question

Lethal Drizzle
Feb 24, 2011

Cippalippus posted:

I agree that you shouldn't have conversations with My Imaginary GF* and he should be added to an ignore list to make the task easier, but his talking points aren't fascist at all. Real fascists support the one state solution with no jews left alive in Palestine (or anywhere else), fyi. The few words I've read of him because some sad bastard quoted him were strongly in Israel support, which is the opposite of what fascists say.
On that topic, I'd say that in Europe Israel is losing what little support it had, only moderate rightists are left in their field. Everyone else finds enough reasons to dislike Israel, wether it's a racist or ethical/political point of view.

*he's very likely just joking, but he's boring and not fun at that either

Except fascists in the UK explicitly support Israel even going as far as waving Israeli flags at their rallies?

Not all fascists are Nazis dude.

Radio Prune
Feb 19, 2010
How many of Europe's fash outfits dont support Israel? It's not like Fascism is just a synonym for rabid anti-semitism.

It's even possible to be a Jewish Fascist :eyepop:

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I don't think that's the reason they have an easy time making fun of you. It's because you repeatedly spew unverified infodumps as long as they seem to prop up a narrative that is convenient for you.

The people who bring up serious issues they yell at to go live in Gaza or threaten with murder and rape.
Ive been told to leave the country plenty of times thanks. I dont know why you feel the need to justify the reactions of TIC and company.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FRINGE posted:

Ive been told to leave the country plenty of times thanks. I dont know why you feel the need to justify the reactions of TIC and company.

I think I've actually argued more coherently at TIC and co. than you have; I just think you're stealing other people's thunder, and should get over yourself.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

eSports Chaebol posted:

It's like Hitchens 3.0. Neo neo con. Maybe we can convince him that Liberalism in One Country is feasible for the U.S. instead of permanent counterrevolution.

I like how not glossing over Saddam's crimes, and instead shedding as much light as possible on the full extent of how terrible he was makes you a neocon these days.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Volkerball posted:

I like how not glossing over Saddam's crimes, and instead shedding as much light as possible on the full extent of how terrible he was makes you a neocon these days.

Have you considered the fact that Dubya and company's crimes were objectively worse than Saddam's?

It works on multiple levels including intent and body counts and the bit where the US supposedly held itself to a higher moral standard than a tinpot dictatorship.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

syscall girl posted:

Have you considered the fact that Dubya and company's crimes were objectively worse than Saddam's?

It works on multiple levels including intent and body counts and the bit where the US supposedly held itself to a higher moral standard than a tinpot dictatorship.

One of that rear end in a top hat's few SCUDs fell near my grandmother's house in the Gulf War, and even I don't give a poo poo about this now long dead dictator. He was poo poo. So are a lot of US allies who did not and are not getting their nations rebuilt.

Most importantly, this is the I/P thread, how about these discussions stick to the ME thread? This thread has plenty of useless derails to deal with as it is.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

One of that rear end in a top hat's few SCUDs fell near my grandmother's house in the Gulf War, and even I don't give a poo poo about this now long dead dictator. He was poo poo. So are a lot of US allies who did not and are not getting their nations rebuilt.

Most importantly, this is the I/P thread, how about these discussions stick to the ME thread? This thread has plenty of useless derails to deal with as it is.

Point taken.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

syscall girl posted:

Nah, the Iran-Iraq War was several orders of magnitude more cruel and devastating than the Iraq War, even if you include Bush I's murderous sanctions, and it was entirely Saddam's fault. And I'm pretty sure ol' Chemical Ali had worse intentions than anyone in the US government could have gotten away with supporting. Regardless, do you feel that we should whitewash what Saddam did in order to further condemn the Iraq War, or should we be open and honest about what happened on both sides? If you believe the latter, Hitchens provided valuable context.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Sorry about your thread, bud. What's the latest on the Herzog/Livni coalition, aside from it being poo poo?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Volkerball posted:

Sorry about your thread, bud. What's the latest on the Herzog/Livni coalition, aside from it being poo poo?

They christened (LOL) a new campaign office for the coalition. Apparently a bunch of the older Labor activists were not happy to see some people who had left the party for Kadima/Hatnua, like former chairman Amram Mitzna. There's a lot of awkwardness going on. Remember that Livni comes from a line of Begin supporters. She has repeatedly made it clear she isn't joining Labor herself. I'm guessing this whole thing will easily fall apart two minutes after the elections are over.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Volkerball posted:

Nah, the Iran-Iraq War was several orders of magnitude more cruel and devastating than the Iraq War, even if you include Bush I's murderous sanctions, and it was entirely Saddam's fault. And I'm pretty sure ol' Chemical Ali had worse intentions than anyone in the US government could have gotten away with supporting. Regardless, do you feel that we should whitewash what Saddam did in order to further condemn the Iraq War, or should we be open and honest about what happened on both sides? If you believe the latter, Hitchens provided valuable context.

Interesting. I guess I'm only familiar with the post Iran-Iraq war stuff. Chemical Ali had very bad intentions but I am more critical of people (from my country) who place war profiteering above the lives of innocents. Ignorance of the consequences is not a good excuse and usually feigned. Having an ethnic bias is almost more sympathetic (still horrible) to me than saying a bunch of people you don't know anything about are worth less than the weapons you can sell to exterminate them.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Absurd Alhazred posted:

They christened (LOL) a new campaign office for the coalition. Apparently a bunch of the older Labor activists were not happy to see some people who had left the party for Kadima/Hatnua, like former chairman Amram Mitzna. There's a lot of awkwardness going on. Remember that Livni comes from a line of Begin supporters. She has repeatedly made it clear she isn't joining Labor herself. I'm guessing this whole thing will easily fall apart two minutes after the elections are over.

It's pretty funny when a woman who came to power through Likud and has sounded just as nationalist as anyone in Israel at times is supposed to be a key cog in the "left." Looking more and more like a dumb political maneuver to overthrow Bibi for reasons that have nothing to do with policy. I expect when it fails, you'll probably be right.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Volkerball posted:

It's pretty funny when a woman who came to power through Likud and has sounded just as nationalist as anyone in Israel at times is supposed to be a key cog in the "left." Looking more and more like a dumb political maneuver to overthrow Bibi for reasons that have nothing to do with policy. I expect when it fails, you'll probably be right.

Considering that the current President who's being excoriated by the right for being too Arab-friendly is from Likud, and that a past leading Likud member, Meridor, called this government out for having no purpose, and that I know several former Likudniks who are yearning for Begin who at least was able to make peace (and have been posting a speech he made during or after the vote on the accord with Egypt that "yes, there are victims of peace; but they are nothing like the victims of war"), I don't know entirely how cynical this is. I think Livni might be one of the few Jewish non-leftists to realize that maybe, just maybe, Jews running all of Palestine as a naked ethnic dictatorship is not a sustainable way to get things done.

That being said, nobody stopped her from leaving the Netanyahu government before she was kicked out. There's a lot of bullshit here, I don't really care as much about the motives as I do about how malleable their expressed positions make them to outside pressures.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Radio Prune posted:

How many of Europe's fash outfits dont support Israel? It's not like Fascism is just a synonym for rabid anti-semitism.

It's even possible to be a Jewish Fascist :eyepop:

You had people going around all "One Land, One People, One Leader" for Bibi during the last massacre. Like, without any trace of irony.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Volkerball posted:

I was thinking more of his rhetoric about how the only possible response to Islamism is to double down on the violence

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

Lethal Drizzle posted:

Except fascists in the UK explicitly support Israel even going as far as waving Israeli flags at their rallies?

Not all fascists are Nazis dude.

Fascists in the UK are even more ridiculous than anywhere else, but you'll find all the antisemitism you need in Italy, Germany and Spain - places where fascism actually matter(ed).
Or are we going through the usual D&D retarded discussion, where seeing a flag in a fascist rally in the UK automatically makes every fascist in Europe kosher?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

eSports Chaebol posted:

I was thinking more of his rhetoric about how the only possible response to Islamism is to double down on the violence

Yeah, I don't know what it is about militant atheists and just despising the poo poo out of Muslims. I'm not sure if they're attempting to be equal opportunity haters and failing or what, but all those guys are crazy intolerant towards Islam relative to other religions. It's weird.

nigel thornberry
Jul 29, 2013

Volkerball posted:

You forgot to mention that the US actively supported and was a huge ally of Saddam during the Iran-Iraq war. Where do you think he got his chemical weapons? We were more than happy to watch him gas those mean evil Iranians who took all that oil.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Peace Now are doing this facebook campaign where they share statements by former Likud prime ministers which contradict the hare brained statements of the current leadership, I enjoyed this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSHyny7Ia8k

I dedicate this post to resident Ariel Sharon fan Avshalom.

nigel thornberry
Jul 29, 2013

Cippalippus posted:

Fascists in the UK are even more ridiculous than anywhere else, but you'll find all the antisemitism you need in Italy, Germany and Spain - places where fascism actually matter(ed).
Or are we going through the usual D&D retarded discussion, where seeing a flag in a fascist rally in the UK automatically makes every fascist in Europe kosher?

Relocating Jews to a non-European country was an early alternative to mass extermination floated around the Nazi party. Maybe support of Israel and anti-semitism aren't mutually exclusive positions? Most fascists are probably happy that the Jews can all go live in the Middle East with the barbaric Muslims instead of mucking up their pure white European gene pool.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Breivik splurges all over Israel in his "manifesto", he even copy pastes a caroline glick j-post op-ed iirc.

Also, instead of looking for links between european fascism and Israel, why not just take a gander at how dudes like Danny Danon and Brother Bennet try to market themselves to the Israeli public ahead of the elections: http://972mag.com/watch-rightists-campaign-on-hate-and-arrogance/100466/

Also worth noting that Brother Bennet's party is joined by one Dr. Ronen Shoval of former "Im Tirzu" infamy, a dude whose opinions are so reminiscent of european fascism that when he tried to sue the operators of a facebook page who dubbed his movement a fascist one the court ruled that there are sufficient similarities between his ideology and fascism that it cannot be considered libelous to claim he is one. He's gonna feel right at home with the likes of Ayelet Shaked.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Dec 25, 2014

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

the boston bomber posted:

You forgot to mention that the US actively supported and was a huge ally of Saddam during the Iran-Iraq war. Where do you think he got his chemical weapons? We were more than happy to watch him gas those mean evil Iranians who took all that oil.

We aided Iran as well. Reagan was a piece of poo poo who just wanted everyone to die. Iraq had its own sophisticated CW production facilities, and was even making its own VX near the end of the war. Rumsfeld was involved in getting them some insecticides and computers and things that ended up being used in production, but that was far from a key pillar for their program. The US didn't order Saddam to open up concentration camps for Kurds, or to use civilians as human shields, or to start the war to begin with. If you try to take Saddam's agency away and place it all on the US, you're just showing your bias.

nigel thornberry
Jul 29, 2013

Volkerball posted:

We aided Iran as well. Reagan was a piece of poo poo who just wanted everyone to die. Iraq had its own sophisticated CW production facilities, and was even making its own VX near the end of the war. Rumsfeld was involved in getting them some insecticides and computers and things that ended up being used in production, but that was far from a key pillar for their program. The US didn't order Saddam to open up concentration camps for Kurds, or to use civilians as human shields, or to start the war to begin with. If you try to take Saddam's agency away and place it all on the US, you're just showing your bias.

Responding to this in the Middle East thread.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Breivik splurges all over Israel in his "manifesto", he even copy pastes a caroline glick j-post op-ed iirc.

Also, instead of looking for links between european fascism and Israel, why not just take a gander at how dudes like Danny Danon and Brother Bennet try to market themselves to the Israeli public ahead of the elections: http://972mag.com/watch-rightists-campaign-on-hate-and-arrogance/100466/

Also worth noting that Brother Bennet's party is joined by one Dr. Ronen Shoval of former "Im Tirzu" infamy, a dude whose opinions are so reminiscent of european fascism that when he tried to sue the operators of a facebook page who dubbed his movement a fascist one the court ruled that there are sufficient similarities between his ideology and fascism that it cannot be considered libelous to claim he is one. He's gonna feel right at home with the likes of Ayelet Shaked.
Jews have mostly been replaced by Muslims as the scapegoat for a lot of European fascists. In Belgium the local fascists have become really friendly towards Jews (because all Jews hate Muslims as well right?) but they've been smart enough not to bite.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CSM posted:

Jews have mostly been replaced by Muslims as the scapegoat for a lot of European fascists. In Belgium the local fascists have become really friendly towards Jews (because all Jews hate Muslims as well right?) but they've been smart enough not to bite.

Actually, from what I understand, the nationalists have managed to use this to gain ground in Antwerp, which has a large Jewish population. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Actually, from what I understand, the nationalists have managed to use this to gain ground in Antwerp, which has a large Jewish population. :smith:
Nah, the Vlaams Belang party is mostly finished. Even in Antwerp.

• Locked thread