Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Milky Moor posted:

His name was Teh Roxxor. I'm not kidding.

I think we've found what we were looking for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Has putting in modern references in Star Wars ever worked out?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I thought the thread was pretty much over after dude hosed the weasel but Teh Roxxor is a contender

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

No but it hasn't stopped anyone

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
i want to change my username to teh roxxor

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
mods can you seriously change my name to COVER ME PORKINS

ill consider it a christmas gift

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
also i just found this on youtube lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFPI54fOWoo

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
Hey everybody. The Death Star manual is out at your local bookstores. Now you can sperg on minor details such as how the super laser works, the history of the development of the death star, non existential layouts of rooms that are never seen in the movie, non existential characters that looks retarded.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Hingehead posted:

non existential layouts
non existential characters

Existent

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Albert Camus said there was an inherint dignity in the futility of repeatedly building retarded super weapons that only get blown up.

Nothus Infelix
Jan 1, 2006
Scelesti vulgus superstitiosus ignavusque sunt.

suspicious donkey! posted:

really the death star is just a collection of trash compactors + pits of electrical something + rooms perfectly designed for standoffs of some lightsaber Cowboys
Well, it has to do something when it's not blowing up planets. Evidently, that something is "receive and process the galaxy's garbage." They probably get carbon credits for efficient, centralized recycling.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
well after blowing up a planet you get a lot of debris to recycle so having lots of ways to take that in and make it useful would make sense

which isn't in the eu right, no one thought about "well what do you do with all the planet chunks full of metals and stuff after you blow it up"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Yeah I mean the Death Star obviously has to have a million things it because of it's size and crew complement. Living quarters, armories, offices, workshops, mess halls, and everything else an enormous military installation. But the EU is all "nope it's just brigs and trash compactors for miles" because those were in the movies.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

Yeah I mean the Death Star obviously has to have a million things it because of it's size and crew complement. Living quarters, armories, offices, workshops, mess halls, and everything else an enormous military installation. But the EU is all "nope it's just brigs and trash compactors for miles" because those were in the movies.

Emperor saves money by having the trash compactors be the sleeping quarters and buffet-style canteens

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Merry Life Day eve

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

actually there was literally a novel that established that the death star had all those thigns, but that novel was awful

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Chomp8645 posted:

Well they were on the lower levels of it where the icky stuff like waste and prisoners are kept.

Pity they didn't show the swimming pools and indoor rock climbing decks, the Arts and Craft deck, and the kitten party deck.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

happyhippy posted:

Well they were on the lower levels of it where the icky stuff like waste and prisoners are kept.

Does the "lower levels" nonsensically refer to "down" in space or does it mean inner layers?

Either way it sounds silly.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Improbable Lobster posted:

Merry Life Day eve

Dark greetings to you too.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Chomp8645 posted:

Does the "lower levels" nonsensically refer to "down" in space or does it mean inner layers?

Either way it sounds silly.

What was the orientation of the artificial gravity on the Death Star?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

lol all the comments from people wondering if that actually happened. i don't blame them

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

What was the orientation of the artificial gravity on the Death Star?

Having it pull towards the core makes too much sense for Star Wars, it probably pulls along an arbitrary north-south axis.

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012
Tarkin's first name is "Wilhuff"? That's... actually way more dignified than I would have expected from a name tacked on in the EU.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Chomp8645 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq03xebtbeU

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Woolie Wool posted:

Having it pull towards the core makes too much sense for Star Wars, it probably pulls along an arbitrary north-south axis.

It's Star Wars, which means when given two choices, the answer is always an even dumber third option. It's actually both, the outer layers are concentric with gravity going in towards the core, the inner layers have gravity going north-south.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Moose King posted:

It's Star Wars, which means when given two choices, the answer is always an even dumber third option.

It's Gungans all the way down.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
For those of youjoking about repurposing planets into materials and if it exists, go wookiee world devastators

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Jeedy Jay posted:

Tarkin's first name is "Wilhuff"? That's... actually way more dignified than I would have expected from a name tacked on in the EU.

Tarkin's first name is Grand Moff, just like how Palpatine's first name is Emperor. Why do EU authors not get this

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Spakstik posted:

Tarkin's first name is Grand Moff, just like how Palpatine's first name is Emperor. Why do EU authors not get this

the names really got out of control.

ben, han, luke, those are normal-ish names (han's a little weird but not unheard of) yep the emperor's name is sheev!!

tbh its not like lucas didn't make some dumbass names in the ot

mon mothma hm yep that sounds good.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Aren't kings and emperors generally known more by first name/regnal name rather than surname? It wasn't Kaiser Hohenzollern or King Windsor for example. So really it should be Emperor Palpatine [name] rather than Sheev Palpatine.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Sheev

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
im just gonna pretend its steve bc thats actually a better name

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
sheev mike

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
ANAKIN, CHANCELLOR PALPATINE IS SHEEVIL

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBEdgPFoBjY&t=491s

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Karen Traviss put in a Gabe and Tycho cameo from Penny Arcade. Gaib and TK0.

Also, IMPS The Relentless is cool and it has Peter Cullen narrating.

Pops Ghostly
Dec 20, 2014

by Ralp
Does Jar Jar have any EU material? What did he do after ROTS? Is he still alive?

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
He seems to be loving everthing, according to this thread.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Pops Ghostly posted:

Does Jar Jar have any EU material? What did he do after ROTS? Is he still alive?

He was alive as of the end of ROTS but shockingly did not take part in the rebellion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

dog buttz posted:

He was alive as of the end of ROTS but shockingly did not take part in the rebellion.

haha that even the eu writers didn't want to touch jar jar. the guy who wrote a story about that little bat thing from the cantina thought it was beneath him i bet

• Locked thread