Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Don Lapre posted:

Well thats certainly.... odd.

Put a coupler on the outside of the house between the antenna and where it first comes into the home. Run a ground wire from the coupler to the splitter and then from the splitter to the fios ground.

Unfortunately the splitter has to stay where it is. It makes a lot more sense when you consider that the previous owners has FiOS and a splitter right at the FiOS box and then coaxial going up the house into every bedroom and living space. You can tell the coaxial was professionally ran; it's zip tied and "molded" to the house and everything.

If I were to move the splitter I'd have to completely change where wires are ran and would have to seal up holes where they ran coaxial into the bedrooms. Some spots are almost literally impossible for me to get to unless I had a cherry picker or some crap (I was only able to do the antenna for them because I was able to hop out that window and mount it).

What should I do if I can't move the splitter? Is connecting it to ground right before it gets to the splitter near the FiOS box good enough?

I really appreciate your help by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Unfortunately the splitter has to stay where it is. It makes a lot more sense when you consider that the previous owners has FiOS and a splitter right at the FiOS box and then coaxial going up the house into every bedroom and living space. You can tell the coaxial was professionally ran; it's zip tied and "molded" to the house and everything.

If I were to move the splitter I'd have to completely change where wires are ran and would have to seal up holes where they ran coaxial into the bedrooms. Some spots are almost literally impossible for me to get to unless I had a cherry picker or some crap (I was only able to do the antenna for them because I was able to hop out that window and mount it).

What should I do if I can't move the splitter? Is connecting it to ground right before it gets to the splitter near the FiOS box good enough?

I really appreciate your help by the way.

You dont need to move the splitter. The wire going from the antenna to the up stairs needs to be snipped in half, 2 coax fittings installed, and a coupler like the one i posted put in the middle. This will give you a ground spot, then run a ground wire along the signal wire to the splitter which should have those little screw holes for a ground wire. Then run a ground wire from the splitter to the fios box's g round or directly to your ground pole. The only modification you need to make to existing wiring is cutting one in half and putting 2 ends on.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Don Lapre posted:

You dont need to move the splitter. The wire going from the antenna to the up stairs needs to be snipped in half, 2 coax fittings installed, and a coupler like the one i posted put in the middle. This will give you a ground spot, then run a ground wire along the signal wire to the splitter which should have those little screw holes for a ground wire. Then run a ground wire from the splitter to the fios box's g round or directly to your ground pole. The only modification you need to make to existing wiring is cutting one in half and putting 2 ends on.

OK I think I am grasping this....I need to wire up ground to two places; one near the splitter (which will be easy because the FiOS ground was already done there) and one near the antenna on the roof?

I guess the only thing I am missing is where would I get the ground from all the way up there? Unless I am supposed to run a wire from all the way up there to the FiOS box ground? I suppose I could do that but I'm pretty sure I'd make it look like total crap. Again all of this coaxial is ran very cleanly and nicely; I don't wanna make their house look like crap.

Also the connection already is kind of "snipped in half" from the antenna because it is going into an amplifier in the house. That amp is plugged into the wall. It's this one if that maybe helps things?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

OK I think I am grasping this....I need to wire up ground to two places; one near the splitter (which will be easy because the FiOS ground was already done there) and one near the antenna on the roof?

I guess the only thing I am missing is where would I get the ground from all the way up there? Unless I am supposed to run a wire from all the way up there to the FiOS box ground? I suppose I could do that but I'm pretty sure I'd make it look like total crap. Again all of this coaxial is ran very cleanly and nicely; I don't wanna make their house look like crap.

Also the connection already is kind of "snipped in half" from the antenna because it is going into an amplifier in the house. That amp is plugged into the wall. It's this one if that maybe helps things?

Just trace the coax going down the house with the ground wire. Follow the black line in your diagram from the first wire coming off the antenna to the 4 way splitter, then a wire from the 4way splitter to the fios box ground.

As far as between the amplifier and the antenna, you just need to put a coupler somewhere in between to hook the ground wire into.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Don Lapre posted:

Just trace the coax going down the house with the ground wire. Follow the black line in your diagram from the first wire coming off the antenna to the 4 way splitter, then a wire from the 4way splitter to the fios box ground.

As far as between the amplifier and the antenna, you just need to put a coupler somewhere in between to hook the ground wire into.

I would love to but it's basically impossible, unfortunately. The house is way too tall for me to be able to run ground wire along with the coax. The coax that goes to the splitter where the FiOS box is is running along the roof of the house (looks like it's attached to the house with some sort of rubber cement or maybe silicon to secure it and make it look neat).

:\

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

I would love to but it's basically impossible, unfortunately. The house is way too tall for me to be able to run ground wire along with the coax. The coax that goes to the splitter where the FiOS box is is running along the roof of the house (looks like it's attached to the house with some sort of rubber cement or maybe silicon to secure it and make it look neat).

Watch out for lightning strikes then. At minimum ground the splitter at the bottom. Id probably run the coax going to the tv up top through a surge protector with coax protection.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Don Lapre posted:

Watch out for lightning strikes then. At minimum ground the splitter at the bottom. Id probably run the coax going to the tv up top through a surge protector with coax protection.

Oh yeah, they actually have one of those power strips that accept coax! I will plug it into one of those in the room where the amp is. I hope it does the trick. Thank you again!

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

I probably wouldn't keep an antenna on my roof then. You could even put a grounding block up high by that upstairs window and run the ground wire from there.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

PuTTY riot posted:

I probably wouldn't keep an antenna on my roof then. You could even put a grounding block up high by that upstairs window and run the ground wire from there.

Wow, I had no idea it was that serious. Were all the old analog antennas everyone used to have all grounded? Serious question, I'm curious!

The HD antenna I got them is pretty tiny for an external....maybe around the size of a vinyl record? It's mostly plastic in the middle and then it has 6 prongs no longer than 10" tops. Does this matter at all?

Since the cable runs into the bedroom right from the antenna and then back out the house, I plugged it into one of these:

As you can see, it has coax ports. So right now it is hooked up to that monster. Will this help? Or is that just surge protection and not actually "grounding" anything?

I grounded the coax by the FiOS box by the way, but from what I can tell, that's ultimately useless even though they are all connected to one another.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
The antenna still has metal elements and is fairly high. That being said it's probably not as likely to attract a strike as a gigantor Yagi array, but the risk is still there. While that surge protector is better than nothing a good path to ground is your best bet. I've had to fix power surge damage that still welded metal things together, and that's on systems that were grounded (also a power surge is nothing next to lightning). Borrow an extension ladder if you must but I wouldn't feel good about leaving it ungrounded, personally.

Also there's no such thing as an "analog" or "digital" antenna. They're all just tuned to specific ranges. :spergin:

e: what do you mean you grounded it by the FIOS box?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Panty Saluter posted:

e: what do you mean you grounded it by the FIOS box?

I updated my wonderful drawing:

Before the 4 way splitter (the blue box) I attached the coax cable to the FiOS box's ground; it then goes to the 4 way splitter.

No clue why I didn't draw that in the pic originally. I hope this makes sense.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Dec 17, 2014

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

I updated my wonderful drawing:

Before the 4 way splitter (the blue box) I attached the coax cable to the FiOS box's ground; it then goes to the 4 way splitter.

No clue why I didn't draw that in the pic originally. I hope this makes sense.

Well, that should protect the lines coming of that split at least. The upstairs will bear the brunt of a lightning strike though. Ideally if you can't place the ground block high I would run the coax from the antenna down to FIOS box, ground it, then run a coax to the upstairs room. Basically the split would be down by the ground point instead of upstairs. That would protect all of the lines.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Panty Saluter posted:

Well, that should protect the lines coming of that split at least. The upstairs will bear the brunt of a lightning strike though. Ideally if you can't place the ground block high I would run the coax from the antenna down to FIOS box, ground it, then run a coax to the upstairs room. Basically the split would be down by the ground point instead of upstairs. That would protect all of the lines.

Of course once it comes inside the house up top all hell will break loose

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Don Lapre posted:

Of course once it comes inside the house up top all hell will break loose

That's what I said...?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Panty Saluter posted:

That's what I said...?

Yea i just meant, it will travel through the rest of the house once its in upstairs.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
Anyone have any good recommendations for an HDMI splitter? My TV only has two HDMI inputs and the last splitter I bought was fond of changing inputs at random intervals.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Shadowhand00 posted:

Anyone have any good recommendations for an HDMI splitter? My TV only has two HDMI inputs and the last splitter I bought was fond of changing inputs at random intervals.

I bought this one and it works great. Have my chromecast and ps4 hooked up to it.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011001&p_id=8147&seq=1&format=2

ExplodingChef
May 25, 2005

Deathscorts are the true American heroes.
I'm currently trying to puzzle my way through various options for cutting the cable teat -- we're spending about $160ish/month for cable (HBO, Show, etc) and broadband, and that's after me pestering them to drop the price, at one point it spiked over $200. Yay ATT&T. Wife is willing, but she wants more hard numbers and details. Someone tell me if I'm way off base here with my idea.

Switch to the $40 basic cable, HBO, HBOGo, broadband (18MBps) plan. Comes with a year of free Amazon Prime, which we already have.

$9/mo for Netflix streaming

$8/month for Hulu+

Get an XBOne, will take care of all the above streaming plus BR/DVD playback, plus gaming.

$5/month for XB Live.

So, $60ish/month, at least for the first year, plus the initial outlay for the XB?

As far as watching habits go, we really don't watch local network stuff. Neither of us watch *any* sports at all, so there's no issue not getting games. Primarily premium channel shows, stuff like Walking Dead, Top Chef, etc, and movies.

Am I missing anything here? It seems like we really wouldn't lose much of anything (and there's always iTunes-type delivery if there's something that falls through the cracks) and close to 1/3rd the bill.

Additionally, we've got a 2nd HDTV in what is eventually intended to be the "den" upstairs once we get it set up. Is there a semi-easy way to be able to access content on both tvs short of hauling the console upstairs, etc?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Sorry you're getting Internet, basic cable, HBO with HBO go for 40/mo? Aside from showtime what is missing from what you normally watch?

40/mo seems pretty good for basic + Internet + 1 premium channel.

I wouldn't use Xbox one as a media streamer. I'd go something like fire tv stick as it's far cheaper and plenty powerful. And comes with a remote.

Is your wife really going to want to use a controller to control some aspects and a remote for others?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

ExplodingChef posted:

:words:

As far as watching habits go, we really don't watch local network stuff. Neither of us watch *any* sports at all, so there's no issue not getting games. Primarily premium channel shows, stuff like Walking Dead, Top Chef, etc, and movies.

Am I missing anything here? It seems like we really wouldn't lose much of anything (and there's always iTunes-type delivery if there's something that falls through the cracks) and close to 1/3rd the bill.

Additionally, we've got a 2nd HDTV in what is eventually intended to be the "den" upstairs once we get it set up. Is there a semi-easy way to be able to access content on both tvs short of hauling the console upstairs, etc?

Join Bing Rewards. If you do the searches per day, which usually takes less than 5 minutes, you should have enough points to buy a month of Hulu Plus in 28 days. Get your wife an account and you guys can double team it.

Like sellouts said, Xbone is overkill. You could get a cheap Blu-Ray player and some Fire TVs for around the same price (but you'll have to get the big ones, Fire TV Stick isn't getting the HBO Go app until Spring). Bonus of that is that you can sideload XBMC on both of them and get access to all sorts of cool stuff.

sellouts posted:

Sorry you're getting Internet, basic cable, HBO with HBO go for 40/mo? Aside from showtime what is missing from what you normally watch?

40/mo seems pretty good for basic + Internet + 1 premium channel.

It's a AT&T U-verse promo. https://www.att.com/shop/tv/hbo-offers.html

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Dec 25, 2014

ExplodingChef
May 25, 2005

Deathscorts are the true American heroes.

Call Me Charlie posted:

Join Bing Rewards. If you do the searches per day, which usually takes less than 5 minutes, you should have enough points to buy a month of Hulu Plus in 28 days. Get your wife an account and you guys can double team it.

Like sellouts said, Xbone is overkill. You could get a cheap Blu-Ray player and some Fire TVs for around the same price (but you'll have to get the big ones, Fire TV Stick isn't getting the HBO Go app until Spring). Bonus of that is that you can sideload XBMC on both of them and get access to all sorts of cool stuff.

It's a AT&T U-verse promo. https://www.att.com/shop/tv/hbo-offers.html

Part of the allure of the Xbone idea is having it for the gaming capability also, plus the all-in-one factor.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Look at it this way. If you miss paying $160/m to watch the weather channel you can always sign back up. But most people, once that cable bill is gone, its hard to start paying it again.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

ExplodingChef posted:

Part of the allure of the Xbone idea is having it for the gaming capability also, plus the all-in-one factor.

So, get the Xbone for one room and some sort of content box (Fire TV/Nexus Player/Roku/whatever) for the other one?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Ah, uverse. Be sure to add 49 for activation and 99 for installation along with monthly taxes, regulatory fees and equipment rental fees for their lovely router and tv box(es). I also hated their internet and pay less for over 10x speed and officially no data cap, however I have yet to hear them enforce the 250gb/mo cap.

Your monthly bill is likely to be 60 with that package all in before you amortize 150 in set up costs across 12 months.

If you want to get the Xbox one for gaming that's fine, but I wouldn't loop that into cutting cable as there are far cheaper solutions.

I think the question of how to navigate and integrate into the rest of your system is important. For my wife using a controller for part was a non starter.

sellouts fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Dec 25, 2014

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

We pay $65 a month (including all fees and taxes) for cable internet with speeds up to 50 Mbps (only 20 by the time it goes through our system) with 350 Gb monthly cap.

3 years ago, we had that same cable internet (same price but slower speeds and no data cap) as well as paying over $100 a month for Direct TV. We got rid of Direct TV and just use Netflix, Hulu Plus and Amazon Prime for all of our viewing. That is less than $25 a month if we paid for the services. We use Bing Rewards and get Hulu Plus for free. I did a RadioShack deal and got 18 months of Netflix for $30 (ends in September). I let my little brother use my Hulu and Netflix and he lets us use his Amazon account so that is free. We use our Sony blu-Ray player and Roku to stream all of these.

We have reduced our costs greatly with small purchases that are paid off in a few months. The only thing I wish we had was an antenna but we live in rural Illinois and cannot get a OTA signal. You have a lot more options that could help you save even more.

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
Does anyone have experience with simple.TV? On the face of it it looks great. Let's my ota be added in as a channel on the roku. If you have it, does it work well?

Second, does anyone know if I need to buy the simple.TV hardware, vs just the hdhomerun? Looks like the same unit.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
We got a Sony streaming Blu-Ray player (BDP-S1200) for Christmas (thanks Mom), and switched the setup over from our previous streaming device, a Roku 1. Sony's built-in list of video channels is huge and unwieldy, and doesn't include some stuff the wife likes to put on occasionally, like PBS and Smithsonian. Is there a way to customize the channel list on this player?

Mostly we watch Netflix and Amazon Prime, so if there's not it's no real tragedy. It'd just be nice.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

emocrat posted:

Does anyone have experience with simple.TV? On the face of it it looks great. Let's my ota be added in as a channel on the roku. If you have it, does it work well?

Second, does anyone know if I need to buy the simple.TV hardware, vs just the hdhomerun? Looks like the same unit.

Had the first gen unit and found it really slow, even on a Roku 3. No idea on the new one, if that's what you're asking for, sorry.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

Is there a way to customize the channel list on this player?

I have had a Sony blu Ray player for 2 years and I have not found a way to change their channel list. You are at the mercy of the Sony network. It is one of the reasons why I want to get a Roku 3 and just use my blu Ray player as just a player.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I have had a Sony blu Ray player for 2 years and I have not found a way to change their channel list. You are at the mercy of the Sony network. It is one of the reasons why I want to get a Roku 3 and just use my blu Ray player as just a player.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I'll give it a shot for a couple weeks and decide whether to hook the Roku back up. Or get a Roku 3.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Details on DISH's new service.

quote:

According to a Bloomberg report earlier this year, Dish was said to be preparing to launch an online television service last summer. But, as we now know, nothing ever came from that -- at least not until today. The satellite company has taken to CES 2015 to reveal Sling TV, its long-rumored internet TV service, and it wants all current and would-be cord-cutters to know that this is designed specifically for them. Dish says that Sling TV has been years in the making, pointing out that it was born out of learning from Dish Anywhere and DishWorld, a US-only, internet-based TV package that offers access to about 200 international channels.

"We started with technology on the Dish Anywhere service and building a platform for connected devices," Roger Lynch, who's been appointed by Dish as Sling TV's CEO, said. "Two years ago we decided we wanted to establish an entire separate service." What came from that first was DishWorld and, now, Sling TV, with the former expected to be integrated into the latter under the moniker Sling International. Similar to DishWorld, Sling TV will only be available in the US, where it's expected to launch "within the next month." The good news is that Sling TV has managed to secure a myriad of big-name channels as part of its over-the-top service, including ESPN, ESPN2, CNN, TBS, TNT, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Travel Channel, Food Network, ABC Family, HGTV, Disney Channel and Maker -- all of which are going to be part of the basic, $20-per-month package.

Furthermore, Lynch added that at some point in the near future, there will be add-on, content-specific packages, featuring networks like Disney Junior, Disney XD, HLD, DIY, Cooking Channel and Bloomberg -- Sling International channels too, but those are going to be narrowed down by the country they are from. Better yet, you'll be able to enjoy Sling TV on a ton of different devices from day one, including, iOS, Android, Amazon's Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, Nexus Player, Xbox One, Rokus, LG and Samsung Smart TVs, as well as on the web on Mac and PC.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/05/sling-tv-announced/?ncid=rss_truncated

More info on the additional packages. $5 a month extra per package.

quote:

Sling TV will also offer additional channels in $5-per-month packages. A “Kids Extra” add-on will include Disney Junior, Disney XD, Boomerang, Baby TV and Duck TV. A “News & Info Extra” add-on will consist of HLN, Cooking Channel, DIY, and Bloomberg TV. A “Sports Extra” package is coming soon, and Sling TV will eventually offer premium movie services.

quote:

Sling TV subscribers will need broadband Internet access, obviously, and Sling TV will offer apps for Android and iOS devices, or you can access the upcoming Sling TV website from a Mac or PC. According to the company’s press release, it also expects to offer an app for the most popular streaming boxes, including “Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Google Nexus Player, select LG Smart TVs, Roku players, Roku TV models, select Samsung Smart TVs, and the Xbox One.”

Am Amazon spokesperson provided the following statement:

“We are thrilled that Dish is bringing Sling TV to the Fire TV platform when they launch” said Peter Larsen, Vice President of Amazon Devices. “Sling TV is an innovative streaming service—and for the first time on Fire TV, customers can now watch their favorite live sporting events from channels like ESPN and ESPN2 while also enjoying popular TV shows from channels like TNT, TBS, HGTV and Food Network—all for a low cost of $20 per month.”

Video streams will originate in either 720p or 1080p, depending on the source, but Sling TV will use adaptive bit-rate streaming technology that will optimize video quality “regardless of network quality fluctuations or location.” Subscribers will be able to pause, rewind, and fast-forward live-TV channels as well as video-on-demand content that will be available.

You won’t be able to download or otherwise capture video streams for offline viewing, but the service will include a three-day-replay feature that enables you to watch “some shows that have aired in the past three days.” That qualification is no doubt due to restrictions in the licensing deals Sling TV has signed with its content providers.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jan 5, 2015

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
No Chromecast support?

Whaaaaaat the gently caress

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Biggest disappointment with Dish Streaming is no news channels. I'm a news junkie, the biggest thing keeping me with cable is access to live breaking news. Most other things I could cobble something together with Hulu/VOD/iTunes/Whatever but I want live TV sometimes. Actually that is the second biggest disappointment, the biggest is that it includes ESPN, one of if not the most expensive cable channels on TV, it costs the cable companies something like $5-$7 a month, that is what I am trying to avoid paying for.

Fatal
Jul 29, 2004

I'm gunna kill you BITCH!!!
ESPN/Live sports are the only reason any of my friends have cable anymore.

Do you seriously watch your news via broadcast?

http://www.cnn.com/go/?stream=CNN
http://www.cnbc.com/live-tv/
https://www.aljazeera.com/watch_now/

I'm sure the list continues

Fatal fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jan 5, 2015

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Three Olives posted:

Biggest disappointment with Dish Streaming is no news channels. I'm a news junkie, the biggest thing keeping me with cable is access to live breaking news.

According to that list above, CNN is included (snarky joke about CNN here):

ESPN, ESPN2, CNN, TBS, TNT, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Travel Channel, Food Network, ABC Family, HGTV, Disney Channel and Maker -- all of which are going to be part of the basic, $20-per-month package. 

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Silly Burrito posted:

According to that list above, CNN is included (snarky joke about CNN here):

ESPN, ESPN2, CNN, TBS, TNT, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Travel Channel, Food Network, ABC Family, HGTV, Disney Channel and Maker -- all of which are going to be part of the basic, $20-per-month package. 

And there's a $5 add on package with more news

quote:

Customers can also add more channels with a sports extra package (expected to include the other ESPN channels) or Kids Extra package (Disney Junior, Disney XD and others) or a News & Info Extra package (Bloomberg TV, CNN Headline News) for an additional $5 monthly each.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Fatal posted:

Do you seriously watch your news via broadcast?

http://www.cnn.com/go/?stream=CNN
http://www.cnbc.com/live-tv/
https://www.aljazeera.com/watch_now/

I'm sure the list continues

Fire TV also has a Sky News and CBS News app with free 24/7 HD news streams. I guess that Nexus Player would also have the same.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

i'm hoping for a Fire TV app at least, this would make my wife an extremely happy woman.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Photex posted:

i'm hoping for a Fire TV app at least, this would make my wife an extremely happy woman.

FireTV support is listed in the press release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panthrax
Jul 12, 2001
I'm gonna hit you until candy comes out.
So close... Just let me choose the 10 or 15 channels I want, I'll give you $30 or $40/mo and I'll be a happy camper. Maybe in a couple more years we'll be there.