Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

all y'all hating on the skullcutter obviously aren't using it the proper ways

1. full-on tanky rear end in a top hat w/ the targe and booties

2. crank out that sticky jumper and proceed to not ever give a poo poo about the speed malus because you can fly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

They just buffed the cutter so that you're only slow as gently caress when you've actually got it out.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, and it makes the second strategy even better now

i am the bane of harvest's rooftops

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Reiley posted:

I got a new shotgun out of my free sock and not only is it bad but its the second shotgun with an extended magazine tube that holds fewer shells than the stock shotgun. Why does this thing have a drum magazine and I'm feeding four shells at a time into it to fire it? Come on Valve.

The drum is an elaborate mechanism that removes the shot from the shells, tumbles them around, and then fires them off. This is why it has a wider, inaccurate spread.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

White Dog Eggs posted:

It's kind of OP if you come up against someone who knows how to use it well. I guess you could say that of most weapons, but the short circuit seems to be especially irritating.

Oh, in that sense. Yeah I've had fun with it on quite a few Payload servers. :allears:

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Clipping-through-head killcams are a dime a dozen but christ that eye:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Could it be that Robin actually read my e-mail?

quote:

• Stickybombs now have a more visible trail while traveling through the air
  • Stickybombs arm particle is slightly more visible

It's a shame they went and nerfed values as well. Midrange stickies can hurt a lot or a little. When you find yourself in a demo's optimal range, the amount of damage you take depends on how you move to dodge and how well the demo predicts. I think most of the complaining about airdet stickies has been because your everyday joe player doesn't pay attention to the stickies being fired at them like they would a rocket. A more defined silhouette is a really good change for stickies.

Unboxing Day
Nov 4, 2003

Here is something that somebody has probably already posted, but just in case:

code:
alias +grapple "slot6;+attack"
alias -grapple "-attack;lastinv"
bind q +grapple
Grapple scripts...just like old times...

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
The action item key does the same function (uses grapple as long as it's held)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Wyld Karde posted:

So I cracked open my stocking for this this year. What a gyp. The usual giftpult, Mann up ticket, name and desc tags and a welcome backpack extender. What's my random items? A Cleaner's Carbine, a Natascha, and a Connivers Kunai. Not even festives. No festive hat or misc either. Basically my bonus loot was 1.5 scrap. I know I'm bitching about something I got for free, but it really does seem cheap of Valve not to at least let me roll one item from the festive update. To make things worse, I'm a terrible Sniper, a godawful Spy, and at best a mediocre Heavy who sticks with the stock minigun anyway. It just feels like a bit of a kick in the balls, y'know?
Yeah I got something similar. Not sure why they didn't put at least one random Holiday item in there.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Best part about grappling, from what I've experienced.

Go Backburner Pyro. Find a doorway that the enemy keeps coming through. Grapple yourself *and don't let go* directly above the doorway. As enemies come out, they completely ignore you 2 feet above their heads, allowing you to drop down and get your sweet sweet back crits, and immediately grapple above the doorway again preparing for your next foe.

I played TF2 for 6 hours in a row last night. I haven't done that since MVM first came out.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Otacon posted:

Go Backburner Pyro. Find a doorway that the enemy keeps coming through. Grapple yourself *and don't let go* directly above the doorway. As enemies come out, they completely ignore you 2 feet above their heads, allowing you to drop down and get your sweet sweet back crits, and immediately grapple above the doorway again preparing for your next foe.

I played TF2 for 6 hours in a row last night. I haven't done that since MVM first came out.

Ah yes, the infamous 'Drop Pyro'

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)

Reiley posted:

I got a new shotgun out of my free sock and not only is it bad but its the second shotgun with an extended magazine tube that holds fewer shells than the stock shotgun. Why does this thing have a drum magazine and I'm feeding four shells at a time into it to fire it? Come on Valve.

They really don't care about weapons looking like they're supposed to. See; the Loch-n-Load's new clip size.

Also, the shotgun was originally supposed to be the Raiding Aid, and they forgot to change its kill icon to the new model. The stats make a lot more sense with that model.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Magypsy posted:

They really don't care about weapons looking like they're supposed to. See; the Loch-n-Load's new clip size.

Also, the shotgun was originally supposed to be the Raiding Aid, and they forgot to change its kill icon to the new model. The stats make a lot more sense with that model.

Well they can't have svdl make every new weapon :v:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Magypsy posted:

Add a new shotgun, make the new one use the current Panic Attack model, then give the Panic Attack the Raiding Aid model.

It already happened with a hat, it can be done again.

Unboxing Day
Nov 4, 2003

Grapple CTF makes me very happy. Good memories of Threewave CTF and Quake 2 CTF. Wonder if Zoid had anything to do with the gamemode.

Kind of a shame that you can't use your weapon while on the grapple, but I'm not sure how that would affect balance.

Frankly
Jan 7, 2013

Otacon posted:

I do this already with the Detonator and certain door frames allowing you to stand on them. I'm glad Valve has decided to balance the game to my gameplay :allears:

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
Update! :toot:

quote:

- Fixed a bug related to the Demoman's charge meter
- Fixed a bug related to the Loose Cannon's Double Donk damage calculation
- Mannpower update
- Fixed disguised Spies using the incorrect grapple color
- Fixed the grapple still being connected to players after they die and respawn
- Fixed the Regen powerup preventing players from picking up health kits and ammo packs
- Fixed the Resist powerup shield drawing for Spies while they are invisible
- Fixed the Resist powerup shield using the wrong color for disguised Spies
- Fixed not seeing the powerup icons for disguised Spies
- Updated ctf_gorge to fix lighting issues
- Updated ctf_foundry to fix lighting issues and to prevent players from getting outside the playable area of the map
- When hud_fastswitch is disabled, pressing the ACTION key will select the grappling hook in the weapon selection menu

Notes missed from the previous update:
- Added LBTF2 and FBTF tournament medals
- Reduced the amount of self-damage received from the Loose Cannon

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dammit they fixed the spy colors

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
So, when you get to duck level 20, there's still an Xp bar to level until 21. I was kind of hoping it topped out at 20 -- guess I have until Jan 5 to find out.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Svdl
May 9, 2006

Around the world

Magypsy posted:

I knew there was something up with the weapon, people kept mentioning problems with the mod.
Every day I thought I'd fix it some other day.

:negative:

Well, I'm still real happy about the sticky launcher, and I really love how Valve has not forgotten the old workshop submissions.
I made the launcher about three years ago.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

duz posted:

I had this issue all of a sudden, I allowed all the tf2/hl2.exe in the windows firewall and then added a range of ports to my router's firewall and the problem went away.

I appreciate the help, played a whole round and didn't get kicked so I guess it worked.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Begrudgingly spent some cash to open some naughty crates because I had 10 spare bucks-ish lying around and...

Wow it's loving nothing :geno:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
As much as I want people to keep buying stuff to fund the game. If you want a specific item trade/buy it. Keys/boxes are just like throwing money away. I see so many streamers/players/games writers who seem otherwise perfectly sensible spend ridiculous amounts on nothing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Having just spent 10 bucks opening crates I agree with you. Don't open crates. Nobody should ever open crates.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I agree with you but I bought one key yesterday and opened up a Strange Festive Backburner :shrug:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Pulling the lever on a slot machine costs less than buying a crate key. If you're gonna gamble your life away go to Vegas and gamble for real money, like the real pros do. Then become an alcoholic and die

edit: forgot a crucial word

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I used to buy keys to trade for games.

My last purchase was Tomb Raider GOTY and Transistor for 3 keys each before Valve ruined everything. I really hope they rollback the region locks, steam sales aren't cheap enough for my spoiled tastes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CJacobs posted:

Begrudgingly spent some cash to open some naughty crates because I had 10 spare bucks-ish lying around and...

You knew the risks and still took the plunge, you have only yourself to blame!

Pickle dicker
May 25, 2014

by XyloJW

CJacobs posted:

Did you know there's only a 5% chance of unboxing a strange festive? :negative:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Captain Invictus posted:

You knew the risks and still took the plunge, you have only yourself to blame!

Oh I'm definitely not surprised, but I am still disappointed.

That should be the tagline on every key. "You won't be surprised, but you WILL be disappointed."

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I spent ten dollars and got both a strange festive revolver and a strange festive shotgun :getin:

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Having just spent 10 bucks opening crates I agree with you. Don't open crates. Nobody should ever open crates.

I agree, I just spent 20 bucks on crates and got jack poo poo.

bowmore posted:

I agree with you but I bought one key yesterday and opened up a Strange Festive Backburner :shrug:

gently caress you.

edit:

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I spent ten dollars and got both a strange festive revolver and a strange festive shotgun :getin:

Double gently caress you.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Alright, MAYBE the festive Targe is not that bad. Maybe.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
My favorite part of super fast grapple hook mode is when you have the intel and have to wait 5 minutes for your team to kill the person with your intel so you can actually cap it. Except they never do, and after several minutes of nothing happening a vampire scout or something gets the drop on you and you die and they cap instead.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I've been playing a lot of 2Fort lately. I've come to the conclusion that a lot of players don't realize the little arrows tell you which exit the enemy is going to use to escape with the intel.

RabbitAmbulance
Dec 23, 2005

guys what happened to the clutch cargo appreciation forum

LLCoolJD posted:

I've been playing a lot of 2Fort lately. I've come to the conclusion that a lot of players don't realize the little arrows tell you which exit the enemy is going to use to escape with the intel.
Nobody on 2Fort is even playing the actual game, what servers do you play on where people actually take intel?

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The strange revolver owns. Unboxed one and then immediately after got 2 normal festive revolvers and bonesaw. I should really stop giving Valve money for these things

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I spent 2.50 once and got an unusual.

That's worth absolutely nothing even though it looks legitimately cool. :negative::negative::negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

LLCoolJD posted:

I'll be honest, I don't even know what arrows you're talking about. I mean, I usually avoid lovely maps, but...

• Locked thread