Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I hope in the DS1 LP someone teaches Woolie how to parry and double drink estus and basically all the very simple basics that make the game good and fun.

He didn't even start backstabbing until the 3rd DLC! Pat teaching some bad habits.

Parrying is lame in ds2 anyway. like yeah you can do it but between it not being instant anymore and enemies in ds2 having a lot of real cool attacks with no windups on them at all and it being a dumb two-step process it's just like why bother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Aw man, I wanted to know what Liam Dip was :( , oh well, save it for nationals.

I'll definitely try your chocolate ball recipe once I'm done losing weight.

republic
Aug 15, 2004

FUN FOR THE FUN GOD
FRIENDS FOR THE FRIENDSHIP THRONE

Foods and Doods was a riot! It looked like you guys had a lot of fun putting that video together.

I'm personally hyped as hell for upcoming LPs on the horizon after being that guy that paused and read all the way through the fast credit scroll. :v:

More Rustlemania...maybe! Silent Hill 2!

republic fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 25, 2014

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al-Saqr posted:

Aw man, I wanted to know what Liam Dip was :( , oh well, save it for nationals.

I don't think it'll ever be revealed. Something like that you take to the grave.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Foods and Doods was magical, and Matt your holiday balls actually sound pretty tasty, so that's some nice genuine recipe to go with a hilarious video.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Yeah, that was great. Liam just stealing a handful was magic.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tae posted:

He was told how to double-drink back in the Iron King section. Parrying would be much more Woolie's poo poo if he's going to continue being shieldless (which is kinda bad because Shield is like 100% more useful in DS1 than 2).

I kinda disagree, between parrying being really useful, more attack telegraphing, a faster roll with more i-frames, and enemies being generally easier to stagger or one-shot, you potentially gain a lot by not using a shield in DS1. In DS2, everytime I chose to not have a shield, it felt like a self-imposed difficulty mode rather than another build with its own pros and cons.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Get your agility up to 105 and dont carry all that heavy poo poo and you'll basically have the same roll you did in ds1.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

WHATTA YA MEAN WOOLIE AND PAT DONT WANNA DO RUSTLEMANIA OR NMH1?!?!?! DOUBLE DUMBASS ON THEM!

Also thank you for rewarding my credit reading OCD.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

see you tomorrow posted:

Get your agility up to 105 and dont carry all that heavy poo poo and you'll basically have the same roll you did in ds1.

The roll is also better in DS1 because the enemy design rewarded rolling more. DS2 enemies and bosses often have an attack with variable timing, no telegraphing, and/or a poo poo ton of tracking, so even if you had the exact same roll (and it's still worse, even at max agi) from DS1, it wouldn't have the same payoff. And, conversely, heavy armor goes up in value when it's that much harder to avoid getting hit.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Is that blue Liam shirt on the store? It looks pretty sugoi.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

If they do another dark souls lp I will probably cut my head off with a chainsaw.

If they don't do another Dark Souls lp I'll cut off gently caress trophy's head with a chainsaw.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thanks to Matt and Liam I now know that -40 degrees celsius equals -40 degrees fahrenheit. Neat/useless.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
The Super Worst Top Ten of 2013 video is so great.

Then it turned into a podcast.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lmfao 1 minute in Matt trying as hard as he can not to laugh at the line about IN THE DATABASE

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hitting a 2nd enemy in DMC reboot resets your combo stack....?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

TheRealestMatt posted:

It's Foodz & Doodz,
With Liam and Matt!
No games or boobs,
It's Foodz & Doodz!

I loved this, especially the quick cut to you wearing the aprons and drinking...wine, I think?

I wish I could say the same for Liam's Top 10 video. I don't know if it's the still images or what, but it's not grabbing me like the others did for aforementioned reasons.

Oh my God, he's just droning on and on and on about Fire Emblem and I've already lost interest. I know editing videos can be a monotonous pain in the rear end sometimes, but this could have been better. Oh well.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Give me a full LP of Ride to Hell. Please. I never knew I needed this so badly until just now. I know we just got done talking about how you guys don't enjoy LPing games that you find boring or hate but think about your bond as (best) friends and how it will be strengthened by suffering hours and hours of such an awful game ~together~.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Tae posted:

Hitting a 2nd enemy in DMC reboot resets your combo stack....?

Only if it reflects the attack. The example they gave was a red and a blue enemy together, you hit the red enemy with a red attack, but then the red attack's follow-through hits the blue enemy and stops you.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

CJacobs posted:

Give me a full LP of Ride to Hell. Please. I never knew I needed this so badly until just now. I know we just got done talking about how you guys don't enjoy LPing games that you find boring or hate but think about your bond as (best) friends and how it will be strengthened by suffering hours and hours of such an awful game ~together~.

I watched Marcus (Armake21) recently play this for about the first hour or so. Let's just say Ride to Hell is a fitting name from what I saw.

Edit: Oh man, the ending to Matt and Pat's Ride To Hell video was the best. Those powerslides were hype as gently caress.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 25, 2014

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Merry Christmas from Woolie's tumblr, all!

Nice Bad Dragon jello molds, Matt. I'm assuming Pat and his creepy fist collection has grown?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

wow that sweater

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Liam is confirmed for Gotye add it to the lore

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

thank god, his beard is coming back

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
gently caress, I didn't know Lightning Returns was rumored to originally be Valkyrie Profile 3

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There is probably no sustainable evidence behind that rumor it is up there with FF8 taking staff from Xenogears during development.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Beef Waifu posted:

There is probably no sustainable evidence behind that rumor it is up there with FF8 taking staff from Xenogears during development.

It''s essentially confirmation bias

I hate this thing so I will believe rumors about it that make me hate it more

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

pulp rag posted:

Merry Christmas from Woolie's tumblr, all!

Nice Bad Dragon jello molds, Matt. I'm assuming Pat and his creepy fist collection has grown?
That is a magical picture. The layers to it make it, you keep noticing new things.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like how pat looks like he is going to sell me a car.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nope, that's no car salesman getup. That is straight up clown costume territory. Someone please photoshop this into reality

republic
Aug 15, 2004

FUN FOR THE FUN GOD
FRIENDS FOR THE FRIENDSHIP THRONE

beep by grandpa posted:

Lmfao 1 minute in Matt trying as hard as he can not to laugh at the line about IN THE DATABASE

This. It was just a beautiful moment of sheer will for him to keep his poo poo together.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

As an Xmas present, Matt and Pat give us the best video of the year. Pat deadpanning "They took out jumping. Who takes out jumping." wrecked me.

Pat looks like he's recounting a war crime in the Hague. "Matt told me to get in front of the camera and say this is really bad. Woolie looked like he was going to hit me if I didn't. It was really bad."

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Dec 25, 2014

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I guess they finally found a use for those dildos some wierdo mailed them

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This is exactly what 'worst of the year' lists should be. Like, in the age of the internet and poo poo we all know what games are objectively bad things. I really find it hard to believe there's anyone going 'no actually Ride to Hell was a real good game'. Just spend a bit acknowledging how much of a clusterfuck those were and making fun of those because that's all they need.

It's way more interesting to hear you guys talk about personal disappointments and have an actual discussion on that compared to 'hey this game is bad right?' 'yea' and the end.

Great lists this year in general, really, even Liam's magnum opus of stills was fairly interesting to listen to.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
So you both can't see Liam, AND he's somebody that you used to know?

Also, the mystery of Liam Dip increases, and makes me more interested.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Really glad they're doing SH2. I was hoping they'd do that after Pat's worry about "our commentary will suck on games that are too good" was disproved by the RE4 LP

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I really enjoyed that video for how deadpan Matt/Patt where.

Favorite part is, we will probably do an LP of Hell ride. *Pat in the back* gently caress THAT.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Blockhouse posted:

Really glad they're doing SH2. I was hoping they'd do that after Pat's worry about "our commentary will suck on games that are too good" was disproved by the RE4 LP

If anything, they're MORE entertaining when they love the game. Like the REmake video, which was just "LOOK HOW loving GOOD THIS LOOKS".

Also, I too want to know what Liam Dip is made of.

And I hope Woolie's shirt either says "Daigo" or "Liar".

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Dec 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That discussion about DmC in the last top 10 video is probably the best explanation I have heard for why it's so disappointing. I think that even people who did enjoy DmC can see where they are coming from.