Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mr Tastee posted:

Highlights from tonight's Thanks, Ken Penders update, with emphasis on bad art.

(Sonic Triple Trouble)

I have a copy of this somewhere. When I was 8 I thought it was the coolest poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Gaz-L posted:

I'm not even a big Ellis fan and I agree. Nextwave is love. (I still giggle at that issue that's half just two pages splashes you can turn into a super-huge gatefold-ish thing.)
More comics should do a crayon butchery variant.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Pilchenstein posted:

That is the biggest disappointment with the TPB, no crayon butchery variant.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Pilchenstein posted:

More comics should do a Colorforms variant like the Lobo/Superman crossover in the 90s.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

Mr Tastee posted:

Highlights from tonight's Thanks, Ken Penders update, with emphasis on bad art.

(Sonic the Hedgehog #26)

(Sonic Triple Trouble)

(Sonic the Hedgehog #27)

(Sonic the Hedgehog #28)

Good lord, I remember these panels.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Since I'll be posting updates from Thanks, Ken Penders regularly, should I start including summaries, or would it be more entertaining to leave things out-of-context?

Anyways, here's more updates, including the Tails mini-series, in which Tails goes to Downunda, which is literally Australia. I mean literally. There's a really loving bizarre plot twist way later in the comics. Gonna post the covers of those because they're really ugly.

(Sonic the Hedgehog #29)

(Sonic the Hedgehog's Buddy Tails #1)

(Sonic the Hedgehog's Buddy Tails #2)

(Sonic the Hedgehog's Buddy Tails #3)

(Sonic the Hedgehog #30)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Oh christ, that storyline about Tails being the chosen one. I remember how THAT ended.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Lurdiak posted:

Oh christ, that storyline about Tails being the chosen one. I remember how THAT ended.

The chosen one was actually sonic?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Luminaflare posted:

The chosen one was actually sonic?

It was even dumber than that. There was a writeup in the bad runs thread. I will see if I can dig it up...

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3562522&pagenumber=26&perpage=40#post425884055

Here we go. The last couple images of this post.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 22, 2014

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

Ahahahaha, Titan Tails.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wait... did Tails say Robotnik robbed him of his innocence?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Mr Tastee posted:

Since I'll be posting updates from Thanks, Ken Penders regularly...

Why? Why would you do this when there's an actual Sonic thread you can keep all this godawful shite in?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Sentinel Red posted:

Why? Why would you do this when there's an actual Sonic thread you can keep all this godawful shite in?

So we don't have to go to the sonic thread for comic panels? :v:

Fake EDIT: In a kind and just world, there would be a "Blue-Ray Manta Ray" in a comic by now.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Mr Tastee posted:

Since I'll be posting updates from Thanks, Ken Penders regularly, should I start including summaries, or would it be more entertaining to leave things out-of-context?

Please do. I enver read this, so I have no idea why most of these are funny.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Sentinel Red posted:

Basically this. These aren't funny panels or pages, it's just bad comics. There are other threads or you can start your own for this, I'm pretty sure people have gone through terrible Ken Penders stuff a billion times by now.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Unlucky7 posted:

It was even dumber than that. There was a writeup in the bad runs thread. I will see if I can dig it up...

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3562522&pagenumber=26&perpage=40#post425884055

Here we go. The last couple images of this post.

The worst part is that whole thing was done so horrendously that when Ian Flynn took over even HE felt the need to address in his first year of 'clean up every goddamn plot thread mess Panders left' and used it as a minor plot point in his second arc; the villain plugged Tails into a machine and used him to draw all the Chaos Emeralds in existence to him, where they were all fused into one set of seven.

Outside of 'wacky humor', to this day I have no idea what the Celestial is saying. 'You are total poo poo'? That's...just not a well constructed sentence.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I think I might speak for a lot of people when I ask that if you're going to keep posting those Sonic comics, please use the TIMG tag at the very least, and the spoiler tag at most.

They're all pretty much poo poo, and just because TPB got shut down and we can't post 0-day scans as easily anymore of recent comics doesn't mean it's "HEY LOOKIT THIS" time.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cornwind Evil posted:

Outside of 'wacky humor', to this day I have no idea what the Celestial is saying. 'You are total poo poo'? That's...just not a well constructed sentence.

I believe they talk like that in the UK.

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

prefect posted:

I believe they talk like that in the UK.

This why we don't shy away from getting more Elsa Bloodstone in print.

e: Yeah, but copying from Nextwave is cheating

ubergnu fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Dec 23, 2014

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Cornwind Evil posted:

That is definitely a thing people say, although the syntax is weird.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Waterhaul posted:

Basically this. These aren't funny panels or pages, it's just bad comics. There are other threads or you can start your own for this, I'm pretty sure people have gone through terrible Ken Penders stuff a billion times by now.

I think they're funny, and you once posted un-timg, un-nws-labeled pages of genital mutilation as "funny panels", so I think your judgement on this kind of thing is questionable.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Small Frozen Thing posted:

I think they're funny, and you once posted un-timg, un-nws-labeled pages of genital mutilation as "funny panels", so I think your judgement on this kind of thing is questionable.

Okay?

This still isn't the thread for an ongoing feature on Sonic comics though.

EDIT: Oh wait you're talking about when I posted Orc Stain. Orc Stains owns, I don't care.

Waterhaul fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Dec 23, 2014

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's written by an Englishman so I assume the Celestial is saying "you are total oval office".

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Lobok posted:

It's written by an Englishman so I assume the Celestial is saying "you are total oval office".

He's speaking to The Captain, and he *is* total poo poo, so...

Unrelated:

(Incredible Hercules 133, it appears - not my screengrab)

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

You're wrong. Like the Celestial said, they are total poo poo. Bad art, boring text, not funny in any way, and nobody but furries gives two tugs of a dead dog's dick about Sonic to begin with. This thread is for funny panels.

For example, Winterfriends!

Hawkeye #17

And Dog Cops, the Avengers' favourite show.

Hawkeye #6

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I would rather have that sliced up penis tattooed on my retinas than ever seeing another Sonic comic from now until the end of existence

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Cornwind Evil posted:

He's definitely saying "You are total poo poo" and Prefect is right, it's definitely a British thing.

Super late edit:

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

He's speaking to The Captain, and he *is* total poo poo, so...

I just remembered that he's talking to old boring Machine Man, not the Captain. It's from Aaron Stack's little "I was taken up with the Celetials for christ's sake" tantrum.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Dec 24, 2014

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

DigitalRaven posted:

You're wrong. Like the Celestial said, they are total poo poo. Bad art, boring text, not funny in any way, and nobody but furries gives two tugs of a dead dog's dick about Sonic to begin with.

Hakkesshu posted:

I would rather have that sliced up penis tattooed on my retinas than ever seeing another Sonic comic from now until the end of existence

reactions like that are why I want them posted

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Funny Sonic panels are still good, right?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Say Nothing posted:

Crow T. Robot?

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

Crow T. Robot?

Crowbocop?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Why is there debating over Sonic of all things in here? It's Christmas Eve, you fuckers need to get holly jolly.

Scarlet Spider #12

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Scarlet spider, why are you so great?

Though the Santa didn't say Nohohoooooo, 9/10.

I do like that he took the time to pick out one, and say gently caress this guy he's not getting webs. I'm going to take the time to specifically string him up with xmas lights.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

TwoPair posted:

Why is there debating over Sonic of all things in here? It's Christmas Eve, you fuckers need to get holly jolly.

Just the two panels with "Sober yet?"/"Good." always make me laugh. :peanut:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

As soon as you find one let us know.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'll keep looking, in the mean time...

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

It's that time of year! Who will be coming down your chimney tonight?

Will it be Santa Claus? Watch out, he's a power hungry rear end in a top hat!

Marvel Holiday Spectacular '09

I think I'd rather just have the Punisher deliver my presents, quite Frank-ly

Marvel Holiday Special '91

I'm not sure about the perspective here, so I like to believe that Hulk of Christmas Past is enormous and about to step on baby Jesus in that barn. Also, hilarious winter outfit.

Marvel Holiday Special '92

And no collection of Marvel gift-givers would be complete without Santa Doom!

What The--?! #10. Of course Doom has his own Bobo. I was actually convinced that it was an intentional reference since that last panel looks uncannily similar to the shot of Burns hugging Bobo, but this issue came out 2 years before the Rosebud episode.

However, despite my love of Doom, this will always be the one true Marvel Santa for me...

Marvel Holiday Special '91. The story ends with the kid still thinking that he was visited by the real Santa.

Bonus holiday pinup - Are you sure you want Logan to carve? Does he ever wash those things?

Marvel Holiday Special '07

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I really want to know what one buys Ultron for Christmas.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Looks like an oil can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Rhyno posted:

I really want to know what one buys Ultron for Christmas.

Hickory Farms Summer Sausage pack from the mall kiosk, because gently caress it.

• Locked thread