Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
If I remember right Granny came on because Stacy Kiebler or someone was on Dancing with the Stars so Bryan had her report on it every week? It was some reality show...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Wang is such a character it's almost hard to believe he's not an actor playing a role. Between asking for a cosmopolitan, saying he wouldn't remove his hat for his headphones because it's "part of the outfit", and freaking out after biting into a liquor filled chocolate, he's like the anti-Macho Man.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Grant DaNasty posted:

Wang is such a character it's almost hard to believe he's not an actor playing a role. Between asking for a cosmopolitan, saying he wouldn't remove his hat for his headphones because it's "part of the outfit", and freaking out after biting into a liquor filled chocolate, he's like the anti-Macho Man.

Wang is the best.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

OctoberCountry posted:

Wang is the best.

Aww, I had a much more stylish hat pictured in my head.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
I love that granny is fb friends with Davey Richards and Willie Mack

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
It doesn't sound like Wang can handle his alcohol.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I DEMAND UFC BABIES ~!

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I met everyone but Wang at this year's Super China Buffet day. A great bunch, and they are exactly how they seem on the show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Christmas Show Geniuses: Wang, Craig, Vinny.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Christmas Day Art of Wrestling

FOLEY CLAUS!! Also Compton and Punk

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

J-Date? Is that Japanese Dating?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Luigi Thirty posted:

J-Date? Is that Japanese Dating?

Jewish? Shouldn't that be obvious?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

rovert posted:

Jewish? Shouldn't that be obvious?

no, Wang thought it was Japanese Dating, then Jail Dating

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

In fairness to Wang I thought J Date was a Japanese dating thing as well. Also I was loving dying during that segment.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
The AE Podcast just released a commentary track for CM Punk's Best In The World documentary but early links are only being emailed out to people who bought previous commentaries.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Wang during the Brent Kremen segment was just masterful

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

cronox2 posted:

The AE Podcast just released a commentary track for CM Punk's Best In The World documentary but early links are only being emailed out to people who bought previous commentaries.

Is it free to those people? Weird way of doing business. Maybe it works. Who knows. Not me.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Per Austin on the latest podcast, he's going to watch the 1/4 Tokyo Dome show and talk about it on the podcast. That should be quite an interesting show.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Dunbar posted:

Per Austin on the latest podcast, he's going to watch the 1/4 Tokyo Dome show and talk about it on the podcast. That should be quite an interesting show.

Did he talk about the NXT show? I know he was intending to watch it on the last episode I listened to.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I'd watch the Bryan and Vinny (& Wang) Show. I'd resubscribe after this month for that.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
The image of Mikey Whipwreck falling on his arse like a whale made me go silly, although it was 4am when I was listening. Def gonna be re-subscribing I think, I need Bryan & Vinnie's weekly anger at WWE to keep me going through nightshifts.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Dunbar posted:

I REALLY want to hear his take on Nakamura

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

Did he talk about the NXT show? I know he was intending to watch it on the last episode I listened to.
No, he said some family stuff came up that meant they had to leave Texas for LA, and he hasn't had time, but he's still planning to this weekend.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Listening to Nigel on F4D makes me so sad.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Mick Foley was on the Grantland Cheap Heat podcast a week or so ago, and he was really enjoyable to listen to.

The hosts, on the other hand, drive me up the goddamned wall half the time trying to force their dumb injokes into everything. "Adjace" and whatever his other one is are absolutely dreadful and make me never want to listen to anything the guy ever says ever again, which is a shame because he's kinda insightful the rest of the time. Is this guy notoriously bad or am I just being picky?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

They're bad and pointless

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

sportsgenius86 posted:

Listening to Nigel on F4D makes me so sad.

Why, what did he say?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ICHIBAHN posted:

Why, what did he say?

Just him pouring every fiber of his being into this project that's not going to get funded.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

sportsgenius86 posted:

Just him pouring every fiber of his being into this project that's not going to get funded.

The concept is half-assed and so is the pitch video.

He's also admitted in his reddit AMA that he has a gambling problem, so it's probably for the best that he doesn't get any more free money.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rotinaj posted:

Mick Foley was on the Grantland Cheap Heat podcast a week or so ago, and he was really enjoyable to listen to.

The hosts, on the other hand, drive me up the goddamned wall half the time trying to force their dumb injokes into everything. "Adjace" and whatever his other one is are absolutely dreadful and make me never want to listen to anything the guy ever says ever again, which is a shame because he's kinda insightful the rest of the time. Is this guy notoriously bad or am I just being picky?

they're super bad

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I used to think the show was okay but then they continued to get more facts wrong and when you base whole shows on that it gets very difficult to listen to. Plus the constant "we talk to people in WWE look how cool we are :smug:" eventually did me in.

If you find yourself deleting every episode that your podcatcher downloads, probably a good idea to just unsubscribe

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The Nigel Documentary was good. It was also edited pretty well. I am happy I gave him money to us in whatever way he wants.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Also Nigel talking about possibly getting back in the ring for his Pancrase revival promotion feels like taking a poo poo on everyone who funded his retirement documentary and kinda makes the thing look see through if its just gonna be a way for him to go back to wrestling again.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I don't want to be a doomsayer, but I just don't see Nigel's story having a happy ending.

EDIT - On a lighter note this week's Talking Shop has an interview with a legend in the business who's been everywhere.

Muddy Burphy fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Dec 27, 2014

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

KungFu Grip posted:

The Nigel Documentary was good. It was also edited pretty well. I am happy I gave him money to us in whatever way he wants.

It had the potential to be great, but the editing was horrible. There's about 15-30 minutes that needs to be cut if he wanted to have ANY shot of making the festival circuit. The problem is that he suffers from the same thing a lot of Writer/Directors do where they think they can cut their own movie. The truth is that he's far too close to the material, and really needed to hire someone to cut the fat out of the film and form a more focused narrative. Had he done that, he probably would have made a few festivals with it instead of it sitting on DVDs he made.

It's also why I have little faith in the LA Fights project. His new day job is editing and he's shown already that he's not very good at trimming things that he's close to.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
cut me like the butcher

gig me like the butcher

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Viper_3000 posted:

It had the potential to be great, but the editing was horrible. There's about 15-30 minutes that needs to be cut if he wanted to have ANY shot of making the festival circuit. The problem is that he suffers from the same thing a lot of Writer/Directors do where they think they can cut their own movie. The truth is that he's far too close to the material, and really needed to hire someone to cut the fat out of the film and form a more focused narrative. Had he done that, he probably would have made a few festivals with it instead of it sitting on DVDs he made.

It's also why I have little faith in the LA Fights project. His new day job is editing and he's shown already that he's not very good at trimming things that he's close to.

I think one of the problems I have with LA Fights is that he's treating it the same as with his Documentary. He's assuming that we'll pay money for something to learn what it's all about. It worked with his documentary because pretty much nobody had the "right" answer as to why he stopped wrestling, didn't get into WWE and failed in TNA. Not to mention that at the time he was probably considered one of the best wrestlers on the indy scene and was still having great matches. There's no such interest in answering the question "What is LA Fights?" and honestly it sounds like a clusterfuck. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but prowrestling meets Modern Family and Breaking Bad is not what I want out of Prowrestling. It sounds like he's trying to just create something that would compete with WWE but of a more well written(?) quality. Seems like he could at least scrape the money together to film some scenes from the script so people have some idea what he's trying to do.

So looking at Nigel's backing history...Rob Van Dam's Exteme Championship Comedy, wtf is this?
Unintentional hilarity is what it is.
The fact that Nigel gave any money to support that is reason enough to never give him another penny.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 27, 2014

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

A couple of goons on skype can write better shows than the WWE. That's not a real high bar.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Nigel should have hired EugeneJerome's buddy for much less!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

NienNunb posted:

Nigel should have hired EugeneJerome's buddy for much less!

You all doubted me when I told you Nigel was running away with your money.

Who's laughing now PSP?

Eugene is.

And Nigel needs a psychologist more than anything at this point. He said in his AMA that he wouldn't accept an offer to work as a WWE commentator because it would make him too sad. That's loving ridiculous and not the talk of a healthy man.

• Locked thread