Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Just compared their faces. Accounting for the 20 year gap between part 4 and now, with how Araki's style changed

I would say they look near identical outside of their outfits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There's no way that's not Kawajiri.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

N-no.
I will never forget about such a beautiful thing.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Pomp posted:

There's no way that's not Kawajiri.

There's still a chance Kira will turn out to be the final antagonist of Part 8, after all. Though I'm starting to think Jobin might be cool as well. (No idea how his Stand could have something to do with time, though.)

Also, this chapter once again reaffirms that holy poo poo Paisley Park is useful. It's like having your own somewhat capricious internet detective who can literally go anywhere! And it's a pretty awesome shortcut to have an investigation mystery while leaving enough room for beetle battles and getting ripped off with the aid of magical ginko trees.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Tsurugi's a fuckin creep

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Paisley Park is the Watch_Dogs stand, except cool.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's Hermit Purple but good.

It's probably a good thing that Joseph didn't have Paisley Park as his stand though, or he'd probably have had children with it.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
I don't think anybody has ever offered someone else a tissue so maliciously before.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Kabanaw posted:

I don't think anybody has ever offered someone else a tissue so maliciously before.

Jobin is total villain material. May be just another fakeout, like with his dad (who actually seems to be a pretty cool dude), but I'm not buying it. He's got to much of a nasty streak...

So, his Stand ability seems to be to heat a very small area to about 60-70° Celsius. At least, that's the assumption, since he's only heated a little bit of wax and a blood vessel so far. I'm reminded of Sky High, which could give tumors and such by removing body heat... Who knows. In any case, it seems like one of those apparently minor abilities which could prove to be super nasty. Jobin could get up to all kinds of thermodynamics fuckery.

I really like the Part 8 stands, especially Parsley Park and that hilarious ice motorcycle.

Random blabber
Dec 14, 2013

Torquemadras posted:

Jobin is total villain material. May be just another fakeout, like with his dad (who actually seems to be a pretty cool dude), but I'm not buying it. He's got to much of a nasty streak...

So, his Stand ability seems to be to heat a very small area to about 60-70° Celsius. At least, that's the assumption, since he's only heated a little bit of wax and a blood vessel so far. I'm reminded of Sky High, which could give tumors and such by removing body heat... Who knows. In any case, it seems like one of those apparently minor abilities which could prove to be super nasty. Jobin could get up to all kinds of thermodynamics fuckery.

I really like the Part 8 stands, especially Parsley Park and that hilarious ice motorcycle.

To me it seems like his power is to "wipe" heat away and move it to a different location (the brush, wiping away the sweat, and trying to wipe Josuke's face)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Joushuu's such a tool, I love it

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Joshuu is right about Gappy, he really does just go around stealing everything.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Seems like we're headed for a Joushuu and Jobin vs Josuke and Yasuho fight.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
I missed ASB chat, but this video is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m1YvKGGhNU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
So her stand is Apps

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Tsurugi's a fuckin creep

The entire family are creeps.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

dbzfandiego posted:

The entire family are creeps.

Tsurugi and joushuu are the creepiest

cammy14
Apr 5, 2011
So that was a stand battle where both sides kept their stands well hidden and used very subtly, to the point that both Josuke and Jobin weren't even sure it was a stand battle in the first place.

I love Jojolion.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

My favorite part of Jojo is the crossover with Spiderman, Kenshiro, and Pinocchio.

I love how this is probably the only series where the dumbest and most unrealistically possible thing you say actually turns out to be spoilers. :allears:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RatHat posted:

This isn't too far off for Part 4.

I guess someone didn't get the joke

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

FirstAidKite posted:

I guess someone didn't get the joke

I guess not?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

RatHat posted:

I guess not?

We're making oblique references that no one is going to believe are spoilers unless someone deliberately points them out. :thejoke:

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
That new char looks like Yotsuya. I doubt it's Kawajiri based on the face alone because Araki is sameface master. Though it could be!

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Merry Christmas, you old Savings & Loan.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

HitTheTargets posted:

Merry Christmas, you old Savings & Loan.

This is right before Zeppeli tells Jesus how hosed up the Vatican is.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm half expecting Yotsuyu to show back up, with how abrupt and weird his death was. Mystery guy was dressed like him, so we should at least be meeting the Jojolion "Pillar Men." The mystery guy and Tsurugi actually had fairly distinct faces this chapter, hopefully there's more of that going forward.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

dogsicle posted:

I'm half expecting Yotsuyu to show back up, with how abrupt and weird his death was. Mystery guy was dressed like him, so we should at least be meeting the Jojolion "Pillar Men." The mystery guy and Tsurugi actually had fairly distinct faces this chapter, hopefully there's more of that going forward.

Yasuho's same-face kind of worsened at points though which makes "Kosaku" and Tsurugi looking unique all the more strange.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Brooooo~

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Relin posted:

That new char looks like Yotsuya. I doubt it's Kawajiri based on the face alone because Araki is sameface master. Though it could be!

Araki is actually fairly good at making characters look distinct. A thing about Kawajiri is that his face looks really distinct. Accounting for the 20 years between this guy showing up and Kawajiri showing up their faces look near identical.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Araki is plenty competent at making distinguishable faces. It's not his strongest trait, but he is great at making characters unique in other ways so it's fine. At least he isn't as bad as Oda where there can be like, four Namis running around at once.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Araki is plenty competent at making distinguishable faces. It's not his strongest trait, but he is great at making characters unique in other ways so it's fine. At least he isn't as bad as Oda where there can be like, four Namis running around at once.

I don't know about that... Ever since Part 6, it feels like everyone starts to look more and more like the exact same fashion model, expression-wise. I think someone in this thread described it as "that slack-jawed fashion face". Of course, since this is JoJo, everyone is incredibly unique and can easily be told apart... But it still weirds me out when every important character has almost identical facial expressions. I feel like the last part where we got really diverse faces was Part 4, and ever since then, it's sneakily been homogenized...

You're right though, it's not like this is the only way of making characters unique. I do really appreciate how absolutely everything about Joshuu screams pathetic/creepy rear end in a top hat.

GORE WARNING~~~

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I love how this is probably the only series where the dumbest and most unrealistically possible thing you say actually turns out to be spoilers. :allears:

I hate that someone always has to point out spoilers by quoting posts like that and then black barring under them. We could literally name every upcoming Stand in a row in the other thread from 4 on and no one would believe us that didn't read it, until someone just -had- to point out spoilers.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Darko posted:

I hate that someone always has to point out spoilers by quoting posts like that and then black barring under them. We could literally name every upcoming Stand in a row in the other thread from 4 on and no one would believe us that didn't read it, until someone just -had- to point out spoilers.

On the bright side, no one can really appreciate the magic of JJBA just from Stand names, or even descriptions of their powers from Diamond is Unbreakable onward.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I remember clicking on a JoJo chapter out of curiosity when Stone Ocean was still running and I had only read up to part 3, and I was very confused about some guy with horns and a lady fighting against Pinocchio :psyboom:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

big 7th Stand User update incoming

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

big 7th Stand User update incoming

Oh poo poo. Any idea what it is?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

FirstAidKite posted:

Oh poo poo. Any idea what it is?

nope both the developer and the translator are being super vague on it

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Giorno or Jolyne mode probably

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Someone posted this Smash Bros. screenshot on the Jojo forums and I just have to share it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I finally got one of my friends into the Stardust Crusaders anime. For some reason, it never struck me as odd that DIO employed an ape as an assassin.

• Locked thread