Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Also, marriage and raising a family is the sole avenue for human happiness, women are out of control and would be happier submitting to men, :biotruths:.

why are you just repeating my post? pretty sure *farts* covers this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

what's the "other thread" that people are saying he posted in

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

paragon1 posted:

why are you just repeating my post? pretty sure *farts* covers this.

Some people like a bit more nuance about the tone and quality of their farts.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

Someone summarize that absurdly long op

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/05/25/us/shooting-document.html

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Some people like a bit more nuance about the tone and quality of their farts.

snob

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Badger of Basra posted:

what's the "other thread" that people are saying he posted in

evil madoka's christian thread

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

evil madoka's christian thread
does that thread ever stop being about the definition of atheism and start being entertaining

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

does that thread ever stop being about the definition of atheism and start being entertaining

probably around when he starts posting in it

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Ain't give a drat.

Though I thought your shitposting was pretty good up until you blew your stack at CoC. Never let 'em see you lose your cool, bro.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Ain't give a drat.

Though I thought your shitposting was pretty good up until you blew your stack at CoC. Never let 'em see you lose your cool, bro.

I really should have just kept up with the cuckold line of questioning.

Edit: I foolishly allowed myself to believe I was maybe getting through to the crazy fucker for a bit there. Maybe, just maybe, I helped someone come to a realization that would help them on Christmas Eve! Alas, 'twas not to be. So I'm probably just going to watch Christmas specials now.

I hope How the Grinch Stole Christmas is on!

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 25, 2014

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

paragon1 posted:

I really should have just kept up with the cuckold line of questioning.

I really wish he'd bite at my "you literally live in the past" baits. I've got a bunch of period-appropriate leading questions about the Civil Rights Era and 2nd wave Feminism on deck, because I am a boring nerd historian.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Oh one last thing COC just admitted to being off meds and thinking mental healthcare is a scam, so have fun with that! Dude is reaaaaallly convinced that other people are responsible for his feelings.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

quote:

I believe that a happy marriage is the key to fulfillment in romance. I wrote the following essay while I was in love with someone who had a boyfriend, but was struggling to let it go:

The Art of Love
an Essay by CowOnCrack

isnt there a gland in your brain thats supposed to start screaming "ABORT! ABORT! PULL UP!" when you write words like this and make the decision to share them publicly

e

paragon1 posted:

Oh one last thing COC just admitted to being off meds and thinking mental healthcare is a scam, so have fun with that! Dude is reaaaaallly convinced that other people are responsible for his feelings.

ah theres the rub

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

paragon1 posted:

Yeah, for a cat who claims to be all about taking responsibility for his own actions he sure does seem hung up on everyone else acknowledging how he's not reaaaally to blame for his own broken life.

Not that I feel entirely good hitting him for things that likely spawn from actual mental illness. Sorta how I don't really even get much joy out of Kyrie's thread anymore; ever since his big "I'm a huge self-loathing gay guy" post it's just not fun anymore.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

paragon1 posted:

Seems a bit...paranoid delusional and obsessive compulsive.

Really should find out if he owns a firearm, or is perpetually stuck reliving the Vietnamese war.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

i consider it entertaining that despite him claiming to be all godly his avatar is this:
http://www.zerochan.net/1497830

which is literally the evil form of an anime character

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
I really don't see where you're getting off meds potential shooter from that guy

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Defenestration posted:

I really don't see where you're getting off meds potential shooter from that guy

The off meds part comes from CoC claiming to have serious food poisoning that's preventing him from keeping his pills down. The potential shooter part comes from MIGF being MIGF.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
anime is gnostic christanity

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i mean its not like theres a history of hosed up goons killing people over their hosed up perceptions of a 'relationship' or anything

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Defenestration posted:

Check the most recent pages. He explicitly states that he believes modern mental care is bullshit and blames the sideeffects of medication for ruining the past 10 years of his life, which uh, is a pretty common thing for people who are off meds to say.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer

Captain_Maclaine posted:

The off meds part comes from CoC claiming to have serious food poisoning that's preventing him from keeping his pills down. The potential shooter part comes from MIGF being MIGF.
Well he did manage to tie Africa into the conversation so point taken

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Captain_Maclaine posted:

the potential shooter part comes from the poster being a deranged men's rights activist with fasicst leanings in terms of gender politics just like a bunch of recent mass shooters, idiot.

jesus christ

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Yeah, for a cat who claims to be all about taking responsibility for his own actions he sure does seem hung up on everyone else acknowledging how he's not reaaaally to blame for his own broken life.

Not that I feel entirely good hitting him for things that likely spawn from actual mental illness. Sorta how I don't really even get much joy out of Kyrie's thread anymore; ever since his big "I'm a huge self-loathing gay guy" post it's just not fun anymore.

Kyrie at least has the charming "hardline Catholic directly out of the Thirty Years War" not-a-gimmick gimmick going.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Nintendo Kid posted:

the potential shooter part comes from the poster being a deranged men's rights activist with fasicst leanings in terms of gender politics just like a bunch of recent mass shooters, idiot.

jesus christ

This, and a quick search of cowoncrack's recent posts. Made me :staredog:

things like recent patient initiated discontinuation of medication, positive schizophrenic symptoms (mom trying to poison him so he called 911), and need to make the target of his obsessive-compulsion "TAKE" "responsibility" for his sexual harassment

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 25, 2014

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer

Nintendo Kid posted:

men's rights activist with fasicst leanings in terms of gender politics
this is a redundant statement.

I don't see a rabid MRA though. I see an endless rationalizer. The kinds of guys that go on shooting sprees are not the kind that say "I still care about her." They're not the kind that say "it was 50/50" when the friendship goes sour

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

My Imaginary GF posted:

everything makes you :staredog:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Defenestration posted:

this is a redundant statement.

I don't see a rabid MRA though. I see an endless rationalizer. The kinds of guys that go on shooting sprees are not the kind that say "I still care about her." They're not the kind that say "it was 50/50" when the friendship goes sour

Honestly, I'm with this assessment. Not that he shouldn't avidly investigate going back on meds, but there's a distinct lack of rage there.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Hey, on an unrelated tangent:

how much does the fact that Clarence in It's A Wonderful Life is an Angel, Second Class, tell about the overall militarization and hierarchical nature of American society in 1946? In this poster's opinion, a lot.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer

My Imaginary GF posted:

things like recent patient initiated discontinuation of medication, positive schizophrenic symptoms (mom trying to poison him so he called 911), and need to make the target of his obsessive-compulsion "TAKE" "responsibility" for his sexual harassment
MGIF that thread is already exquisite. You don't need to put this extra layer of crazy on top where none exists.

he said his mom was probably careless at cooking dinner because she's a bipolar whackjob too.

A quick search of said post history reveals that it was the christian thread who goaded him into making marriage thread. My sincere gratitude to you all.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Honestly, I'm with this assessment. Not that he shouldn't avidly investigate going back on meds, but there's a distinct lack of rage there.

That was my interpretation as well; he strikes me as a neurotic sweater-vest wearing hyper-Christian with any number of family and personal issues, but I just don't get a "the sorority houses will run red with harlots' blood" read off of him.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Volkerball posted:

everything makes you :staredog:

Not everything. Voting for and contributing to Democrats makes me happy.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Hey y'all if you're feeling down head on over to the Freep thread. Glorious schadenfreude going on the past page or two.

Merry Christmas!!!!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Captain_Maclaine posted:

That was my interpretation as well; he strikes me as a neurotic sweater-vest wearing hyper-Christian with any number of family and personal issues, but I just don't get a "the sorority houses will run red with harlots' blood" read off of him.

so was the BTK serial killer.

just sayin

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I did so many squats Tuesday that I've been unable to walk all day today.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

DemeaninDemon posted:

Hey y'all if you're feeling down head on over to the Freep thread. Glorious schadenfreude going on the past page or two.

Merry Christmas!!!!

santa claus brought me the flu for christmas and i dont think reading freep comments is going to improve my disposition towards my fellow man

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

paranoid randroid posted:

santa claus brought me the flu for christmas and i dont think reading freep comments is going to improve my disposition towards my fellow man

It wont but it'll at least make you feel some sort of justice or something.

Whiskey man buy a foam roller thing and rub that poo poo down your butt.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

paranoid randroid posted:

in barely related news i am trying to decide if i should be pissed that i have a very minor cold or that my immune system allowed this pansy rear end 'cold' to take root

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its all good one of my friends dropped by with some bulleit

but i know exactly who gave me this cough and i am going to be so petty at them when i can be in society again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
frail goons with bitchmade immune systems itt

• Locked thread