Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Dr. Fetus posted:

I think there's two separate quest lines (or two seperate quests) for that one, so don't worry about it too much.
Yeah, either way you go ends up working out in the end.
Spoilers for the giving her the sword version:
I did that one, and it turns out her opponent actually poisoned the sword to make her look bad :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

That quest always ends up with a hit to affinity no matter what you pick. You gain it back, so don't worry about it.

Speaking of Colony 9 affinity: is it at all possible to get it to five stars before the Mechonis Core event? I have just Desiree's quests left and I'm done all of the quests available there before endgame, but the last bit requires five-star affinity.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

mabels big day posted:

I just did a quest in colony 9 where I had to get a girl soldier either a sword or a shield to help her pass the lieutenants test. When I accepted the mission, a vision of her winning with a poisonous sword was shown, and the loser seemed pretty upset that she cheated. So naturally I got the shield for her, so that wouldnt happen.

Of course she loses, and then I lose affinity towards Colony 9. Did i make an objectively wrong choice gameplay-wise, or will the game make up for that because I did the right thing and stopped her from cheating?

I think you get the affinity back later but choosing the poison sword is the better choice as the storyarch it creates produces better affinity between NPCs. Also I think it's the branch that gives Shulk one of his skill trees?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Louisgod posted:

I think you get the affinity back later but choosing the poison sword is the better choice as the storyarch it creates produces better affinity between NPCs. Also I think it's the branch that gives Shulk one of his skill trees?

According to the guide I looked up I gotta do Desiree's quest to unlock his skill tree. I don't think that they would gently caress you out of unlocking something like that for not choosing the right choice

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Desiree's quests unlock his fourth skill tree, Emmy Leater's unlock his fifth. Both quest lines have branching paths and either path will net you the extra tree. Don't worry too much over your decisions.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Mak0rz posted:

Desiree's quests unlock his fourth skill tree, Emmy Leater's unlock his fifth. Both quest lines have branching paths and either path will net you the extra tree. Don't worry too much over your decisions.

Yeah regardless of choice, you get the branch but if you look at the Wiki regarding the quests, sometimes one choice has a slight benefit over the other regarding affinity between NPCs, ie some give you a green and blue between characters, others give you just green between characters, others give you blue for one and orange/red for another, things like that. Obviously if you're doing the Leater and Desiree quests it probably doesn't matter since you're more than likely at a 5 star with the Colony.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I just realized Satorl Marsh is the Bionis' rear end. Lol.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

mabels big day posted:

A case lof literal swamp-rear end!

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I think it's just above the rear end, actually, wrapping around the left side of the waist.

Colony 6 is right on the dong though.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

mabels big day posted:

Literally the oldest joke in the thread.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
New video was posted yesterday, some new stuff but still no release date.

http://kotaku.com/xenoblade-chronicles-x-looks-like-um-grand-theft-1655198640

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Spring 2015 Japan
America as soon as they translate it and feel the need for speed.
Also that city is looking pretty big.
Here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv1nusffs9o not on kotaku

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I came back to this after a huge long break and forget how to continue the story. I have to get to Valek mountain but dont know how to get there

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
You get there via. the jungle. I want to say the first time through a bridge is out, it'll be repaired when you go there next.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
There's a ship that takes you to the part of the jungle you need to go to. The ship's located in the wingbro City, near the main teleporter.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Alris posted:

You get there via. the jungle. I want to say the first time through a bridge is out, it'll be repaired when you go there next.

Nah, you have to do a sidequest to repair it.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

As a general rule you can also just open the menu, go to the leftmost option which is the fast travel, select the general area you want to go to, and select a landmark from that area. If you've been to Valak at all, you should be able to warp straight there. If not, see if you can warp anywhere in northwest Makna. Otherwise, go to Eryth, at the entrance of Alcamoth, and there should be some sort of small airship thing you can ride.

All of this is, of course, assuming you're at the point in the plot where you actually go to Valak. Hit up that "Story Memo" thing from the menu to confirm that.

NB that this fast travel method lets you go to any general area you've visited (lockouts notwithstanding), but is a little slower to execute. You can also hit one of the buttons on the controller to bring up a quicker fast travel but only for the area you're currently in.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Do aura and gem effects stack? If, say, Seven is wearing Haste-granting gems and reaches the maximum Haste of 50%, will the Haste granted from Speed Shift add to it?

I assume yes, since Speed Shift can go above 50%, but I want to make sure I'm not wasting gem slots.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Yes

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Excellent :getin:

I'm working on Colony 6 now and it's nearly complete (only Special level 4 and 5 remain). God dammit I'll never complain about Ice Cabbages and Black Liver Beans again. They seem to be outrageously common compared to Rainbow Slugs :(

Edit: and of course I pick up my last one just seconds after posting that :doh:

Edit 2: And just a few minutes later, Colony 6 is complete!

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Nov 23, 2014

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

What's a good way to raise affinity between Sharla and Melia? I'm getting real tired of looking at Paola and Narine on quest log but I never use either character so they dont get any quest affinity.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I'm not sure there are any tricks for specific characters, just make sure you control one of them and have the other in your party and go sidequestin'. Then when you reach a new relationship tier, go do the unlocked Heart-to-Hearts for the extra boost. I hear Melia is a really good character to play but I didn't play as her enough for it to really click.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Melia's a lot of fun to use as your controlled character, but if you don't want to go that route you could do the thing where one party member gives another a collectible from your inventory a whole lot. There are lists online of which items each characters likes (and dislikes) the most.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

You could always swap them in and out for picking up and turning in the quests, but otherwise your fastest option is simply to use them together. Throw in almighty Heropon Riki for easy purple and blue chains. Control Melia.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I just attempted to kill Despotic Arsene. I'm at level 97 and it destroyed me in seconds :psyduck:

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
I'm playing dragon age inquisition and it reminds me of xenoblade in how the environmnt exploration is done...except you never round a corner to find a level 70 fish or gorilla which promptly turns you into paste.

...:smith:

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
Every game needs a little Immovable Gonzalez.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Well, that's a wrap I guess. Maximum area/party affinities, all skills learned, all the best gems and equipment, a quest log with about 415 completed entries, and all proverbial superbosses defeated.

So long, Xenoblade. I definitely got my money's worth out of you. You'll sit on the shelf next to the other games I played to death and should never touch again: Resident Evil 4 and Tales of Symphonia :unsmith:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mak0rz posted:

Well, that's a wrap I guess. Maximum area/party affinities, all skills learned, all the best gems and equipment, a quest log with about 415 completed entries, and all proverbial superbosses defeated.

So long, Xenoblade. I definitely got my money's worth out of you. You'll sit on the shelf next to the other games I played to death and should never touch again: Resident Evil 4 and Tales of Symphonia :unsmith:

Long live your memories of Xenoblade :cheers:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Mak0rz posted:

You did better than I did, then. I never got around to killing the super bunny or the super dragon.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

You did better than I did, then. I never got around to killing the super bunny or the super dragon.

I have a file just after the story resolves ready to take on the post game, and I just... haven't. Unsure where to start or what I'll gain.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Unsure where to start

Gem crafting.

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

or what I'll gain.

Nothing. I'm serious. :haw:

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
The official site updated with a new music track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP0B-DyfEB0

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

Doc V posted:

Well this is a great Xmas present.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Nice, I like it.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Has a Pacific Rim feel to it, in parts. I like it also.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I still wish they would've brought back the teams that did the music in Xenoblade to do some of the music in X. Monolith basically established the best musical team ever.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Doc V posted:

Sawano channeling the Tron Legacy soundtrack there.

I hope all the vocal tracks are done in horribly accented English or (better yet) German.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Levantine posted:

Has a Pacific Rim feel to it, in parts. I like it also.

Sakurazuka posted:

Sawano channeling the Tron Legacy soundtrack there.

I hope all the vocal tracks are done in horribly accented English or (better yet) German.

I was wondering why the horns seemed to be both fittingly mecha and yet also KLK, and then I find out the guy behind it has done both Gundam Unicorn and, indeed, Kill La Kill. I really do like it though - its a nice mix of technology, action and also kind of just... awe moments, which really fit the imagery of the game.

Man, I can't wait for this thing to come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Oh, this is the Kill la Kill guy? I wonder if he's using the same vocalist, because they sound identical to me.

• Locked thread