Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Tis the season to be Kevin Hart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jewmanji posted:

What makes you say that, as opposed to To The Wonder?

Mostly the shots of interior architecture, elevators ascending, sweeping pans of bridges and fancy houses...you know, like the stuff with Sean Penn in ToL.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Hat Thoughts posted:

Tis the season to be Kevin Hart

He's burning me out being the same character in every movie.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

PaganGoatPants posted:

Isn't it basically just his standup persona?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

PaganGoatPants posted:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Isn't it basically just his standup persona?

Nah, it's his character from Real Husbands of Hollywood!

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
So it's basically just him being himself in everything and making a ton of money for it. :stare:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SALT CURES HAM posted:

So it's basically just him being himself in everything and making a ton of money for it. :stare:

Whatever works I guess. He's got a movie with the Rock coming soon.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mierenneuker posted:

Nah, it's his character from Real Husbands of Hollywood!

That Real Husbands of Hollywood poo poo was funny, I don't care what anybody says.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

That Real Husbands of Hollywood poo poo was funny, I don't care what anybody says.

I'm about to put the paws on himmmmm *gets knocked out*

JONAH HILL - TRUE STORY #Serial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yboO82KGzgc

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Dec 20, 2014

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Which is waaaaaaaaay different from other standup comedians transitioning into movies

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

PaganGoatPants posted:

I'm about to put the paws on himmmmm *gets knocked out*

JONAH HILL - TRUE STORY #Serial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yboO82KGzgc

a single yawn...forever

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I liked it :shrug:

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.
I always respect anyone who realizes they're at the end of their rope and just goes cash grab crazy.

Get it in man. Get. It. In.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

schwenz posted:

I always respect anyone who realizes they're at the end of their rope and just goes cash grab crazy.

Get it in man. Get. It. In.

Except when it goes too far and you get to be Adam Sandler.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Is that True Story trailer a spoof of SERIAL?

Thats pretty funny.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

schwenz posted:

Is that True Story trailer a spoof of SERIAL?

Thats pretty funny.

What it appears to be is an actual, ahem :smug:, 'True Story', presumably in pre-production and filmed before the podcast started in October. The fact that a very Serial-esq film drops it's trailer just as America's new favorite podcast finishes up is probably 40% intentional, 60% coincidence. The production is accidental, but the trailer dropping is probably planned by the producers.

And personally, I don't see much of a parallel other than 'Reporter investigates mysterious murder case, find drama'.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Kevin Hart playing Kevin Hart is fine imo. That's literally what every single other comedian has done since the dawn of time. I doubt there exists a comedian whose movie carreer was not literally his stage persona.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
The James Franco reveal in this is so funny

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Hmm. Having those two acting in a serious drama just doesn't make sense in my brain. It really doesn't work. It comes off like a parody, and I find that hilarious. From the thumbnail/preview image of Jonah on the phone, I can't help but laugh and automatically find it funny knowing that James Franco is on the other end. Hahahah. This effect is amazing.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Hat Thoughts posted:

The James Franco reveal in this is so funny

I was just dying laughing when he popped up. Even if I'm not laughing at the fact that it's Franco, it's a full grown man in prison who can't grow a beard who I'm supposed to take seriously.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hey everyone, I'm really proud of this teaser that makes a bad movie look kind of decent ha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz2HyCgUWh4

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I liked the part at the beginning!

The rest looked like a trailer for the next season. I don't know how they are going to get a movie out of that show.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

gently caress the haters, I loved Entourage and that looked great.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
How about a movie where Alan Rickman plays Louis XIV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn__Bng_Q_g

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

gently caress the haters, I loved Entourage and that looked great.

I really shouldn't call it bad. If you like the show you will like the movie.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

kiimo posted:

I really shouldn't call it bad. If you like the show you will like the movie.

It looks ....eh. The finale/final season really disappointed me on the whole. Not as bad as Dexter, but lame nonetheless. I think the reporter getting won over by Vince in the final episode (off screen) was one unrealistic wish-fulfillment too many.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

kiimo posted:

Hey everyone, I'm really proud of this teaser that makes a bad movie look kind of decent ha.

I've never seen the show, and probably won't, but this trailer is really really good man.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

I've never seen the show, and probably won't, but this trailer is really really good man.

Thanks, it's weird to see it on my trending section on facebook. I mean, it's my boss and BLT that did 90% of the work but still.

Also I'm leaving Warner Bros to work at a trailer vendor after the new year so this is my last release here. I probably should have left after Argo and go out on a higher note but whatever!

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

kiimo posted:

I want to see that first movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Have their been any trailers/promotional material put out for that adaptation of High Rise that's supposed to be coming out next year? I read the book not too long ago and was wondering how exactly they're going to turn it into a coherent story considering all the jumps around in time and view points. Like when the book starts you expect Laing to be the main character as the early stuff is from his viewpoint but after things start to deteriorate he quickly becomes sidelined.

justlikedunkirk
Dec 24, 2006
High Rise is getting made by Ben Wheatley, whose last film literally turned into a massive magic mushroom hallucination. I have a feeling he'll keep that deterioration aspect in and handle it with ease.

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.
Didn't see this posted in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skpu5HaVkOc

These movies just keep getting more and more ridiculous and I'm not embarrassed to say I'm looking forward to the next one.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

justlikedunkirk posted:

High Rise is getting made by Ben Wheatley, whose last film literally turned into a massive magic mushroom hallucination. I have a feeling he'll keep that deterioration aspect in and handle it with ease.

Not nearly enough people saw (or even heard of) A Field in England. Incredibly unsettling and disorienting film, especially if watched under the influence of narcotics (which I assume it is meant to be).

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

justlikedunkirk posted:

Ben Wheatley is a lovely Director. He even managed to be the worst director in this last season of Doctor Who, which is really saying something.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

drugs are bad

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

PriorMarcus posted:

Ben Wheatley is a lovely Director. He even managed to be the worst director in this last season of Doctor Who, which is really saying something.

You are literally 100% wrong

justlikedunkirk
Dec 24, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

I'm not a particularly big fan of his, but I disagree with that assessment. I definitely find he's been on a downward trajectory though. Down Terrace is brilliant, Kill List didn't do much for me (although it TRIED to do something new, so I give it credit), Sightseers just wasn't that funny, and A Field in England is a slog of a journey just to get to one short, kinda cool hallucination sequence. But is he a lovely director? Nah. He's establishing a pretty diverse, interesting career for himself, and that alone is worth plenty. I'm looking forward to High Rise, but I'm trying to keep my expectations in check.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While trying to find any new information about High Rise I did learn that they're keeping it in the 70s. Which makes sense as it would be a lot harder nowadays for an entire building full of young professionals to go off the grid completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i didn't care for A Field in England at all, but Kill List and Down Terrace were both loving dope and Sightseers was pretty good too.

• Locked thread