Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Acer Pilot posted:

Tbh he seems like a nice guy.

I actually like the guy; he takes jokes and jabs with good humor. There are a bunch of pubbies in the channel that can't stand him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

DonDoodles posted:

I actually like the guy; he takes jokes and jabs with good humor. There are a bunch of pubbies in the channel that can't stand him.

that's even better

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Merry Christmas, nerds!

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Seems like a p cool guy with his Max Headroom shades.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Merry Christmas, Star Trek goons.

What is the most Christmas appropriate Star Trek episode?

I am thinking DS9 episode In The Cards.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

Merry Christmas, Star Trek goons.

What is the most Christmas appropriate Star Trek episode?

I am thinking DS9 episode In The Cards.

Wasn't there some TNG episode where they performed A Christmas Carol in the holodeck?

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Edit: This games is a lot more fun than I remember.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Not only has Olivia's fake image been removed as his forum avatar, apparently he's been spamming Gecko with #TROLLGATE nonsense and got himself put on ignore. He decided to "go above Gecko's head" and write an e-mail to Cryptic.

"olivia211' posted:

Below is a copy of an email I sent to Cryptic Studios CEO Jack Emmert. This was written shortly after Al Rivera placed me on ignore because I was sending him information about #Trollgate on Twitter. Yeah, he really ignored me. So did Trevor, possibly at the direction of Al. He gave me no choice so I had to go over his head. I don’t know if this will even matter, but at least if I am gonna go down, I will go down fighting.

The letter is long, rambling, and incoherent, so I'm not going to post it all here. If you want (for whatever reason) to see it, it's up on stolivia.com

I'll just leave you with this:

quote:

I am writing to you because Mr. Rivera has made it clear he has no interest in hearing from me. It is also obvious that the GMs are not taking their job seriously as trolls are becoming rampant in the game; harassing players, running off new ones, and destroying reputations. They know nothing will happen to them which is why they keep right on doing this. At first, I thought about contacting CBS. Then I figured it would be better to keep things in house so I am seeking you out to see if anything at all can be done.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I hope he sends a follow up letter to CBS.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Mr. Emmert is a reasonable man with little tolerance for bullshit, and a fine appreciation for boundaries.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DonDoodles posted:

Not only has Olivia's fake image been removed as his forum avatar, apparently he's been spamming Gecko with #TROLLGATE nonsense and got himself put on ignore. He decided to "go above Gecko's head" and write an e-mail to Cryptic.

The letter is long, rambling, and incoherent, so I'm not going to post it all here. If you want (for whatever reason) to see it, it's up on stolivia.com

I'll just leave you with this:

I counted, and the word "I " appears 103 times in that letter.
The word " me" appears 30 times.
"My" appears 16 times.
"myself" appears four time.
"mine" appears twice."

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

hakimashou posted:

I counted, and the word "I " appears 103 times in that letter.
The word " me" appears 30 times.
"My" appears 16 times.
"myself" appears four time.
"mine" appears twice."

That's very surprising, as I've always understood that Olivia, STO's fountain of altruism, thinks only of others -- the needy, the newbies. I wonder how many references to people -- and by people I mean trolling victims -- he makes in that letter.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

where is this thread?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Hey you masochists that visit the official forums, where should I post about GGG3 in there? General discussion?

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Acer Pilot posted:

where is this thread?

It's on his website, you have to scroll past his usual giveaway "look at me!" bs.

ComradeBigT
Sep 9, 2014

Acer Pilot posted:

where is this thread?

http://stolivia.com/2014/12/18/star-trek-online-a-letter-to-jack/
Jesus that is painful to read.

ComradeBigT fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 27, 2014

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Mondian posted:

Hey you masochists that visit the official forums, where should I post about GGG3 in there? General discussion?

General discussion is probably the best bet, and now that branflakes is gone, you won't catch a ban for promoting something without his prior approval.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Mondian posted:

Yeah, and I can chuck in another post about it in the NoPPS thread (or you can) for added exposure.

Can't say I'm surprised to see Gecko ignoring his stalker.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

DonDoodles posted:

General discussion is probably the best bet, and now that branflakes is gone, you won't catch a ban for promoting something without his prior approval.

Yeah, I certainly hope not. I tried to contact the community mods several different times and ways and each time they cut off all communication upon learning my affiliation with goons. Not like they shot me down or declined to help/comment, but just started ignoring me. Way to be professional and do your job, community team.

Anyway, thread is here, please don't get it shut down. And feel free to spread the word in the NoPPS thread and/or NoPPS itself.

Oh, also specific time is Saturday, January 3rd at 3pm PST (23:00GMT). Should make it afternoon for americas, night for europe, and sunday morning for aussies.

Mondian fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Dec 27, 2014

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Mondian posted:

Yeah, I certainly hope not. I tried to contact the community mods several different times and ways and each time they cut off all communication upon learning my affiliation with goons. Not like they shot me down or declined to help/comment, but just started ignoring me. Way to be professional and do your job, community team.

The mods are particularly keen on warning/suspending goons at the moment. I just came off a week ban for "trolling" after criticizing Smirk for suggesting that empty queues are the result of a bug and not a lack of player interest/patience.

Think it's best if rail, grim, and I refrain from posting in the thread period. Aleth and Preechr are probably fine.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Hahaha too late. :v:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
one of my favorite things

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Mondian posted:

Anyway, thread is here, please don't get it shut down. And feel free to spread the word in the NoPPS thread and/or NoPPS itself.

To add to what Nbreeki said it's not just goons that the mods have been a bit ban-happy with, just anyone in general who is making GBS threads stuff up. If people start coming in to the thread and throwing anti-dental poo poo everywhere don't bite, just PM askray and bluegeek with a link to the offending post and let them deal with it lest you earn a thrashing and/or get the thread locked. Speaking of which I've already reported Grimrak so he should be getting banned pretty soon!

AcidCouch
Aug 2, 2012

Oh man my comments are awaiting confirmation. He really does have a control issue.

A REPLY! And oh no she has my (throwaway) ip adress. I best go into hiding.

Even better he is changing my posts. Funny guy.

AcidCouch fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Dec 27, 2014

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

AcidCouch posted:

Oh man my comments are awaiting confirmation. He really does have a control issue.

A REPLY! And oh no she has my (throwaway) ip adress. I best go into hiding.

Even better he is changing my posts. Funny guy.

Oh man. He has your IP and my IRL name "Don Doodles." He knows too much.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

We are undone.

AcidCouch
Aug 2, 2012

Olivia doesn't seem to like me posting about the GGG3 in all the comments and channels. I think he thinks he is trolling me.

He loves comments on his site especially since you can name yourself anything like Olivia211.

Everyone should go say hi http://stolivia.com/2014/12/18/star-trek-online-a-letter-to-jack/comment-page-1/#comment-1450

AcidCouch fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Dec 27, 2014

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
There's something especially sad about changing comments to be on par with "I'm a big poopie head" instead of just deleting them. I wasn't sure about this game with all the talk of its current state, but maybe I'll go on safari just to see Olivia and co in the wild.

AcidCouch
Aug 2, 2012

Octarine Dream posted:

There's something especially sad about changing comments to be on par with "I'm a big poopie head" instead of just deleting them. I wasn't sure about this game with all the talk of its current state, but maybe I'll go on safari just to see Olivia and co in the wild.

Agreed. The thing I don't understand is why he changed my follow up comments but left my 1st .

Well have been in contact with an awful metal band named trollgate and have supplied them with a prepaid legalzoom account to file a cease and desist order to stolivia.com for improper use of their name.

AcidCouch fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 27, 2014

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Oh man, there's a guy in that giveaway thread who is still mad about that JHAS deletion video.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
Which wasn't Shutup Wesley's doing.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

IPCRESS posted:

That's at least the third time he's brought up your video in a thread in as many weeks.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

last post in the giveaway thread is some pubbie tears. jesus, they hate goons even when they're just giving away free stuff

e: that guy edited your comments lol

Acer Pilot fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 28, 2014

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

worffan101 posted:

The thing that people need to remember about Dental is that they're the polar opposite of people like xternity. They're bored sociopaths, not self-obsessed pillars of arrogance.

Probably the nicest thing he could have said about us. Also notably accurate.

Renaming my Dauntless the U.S.S. Bored Sociopath.

Wizard of the Deep fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Dec 28, 2014

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

IPCRESS posted:

Uh-huh, because it was you non Wesleys that just happened to have a pile of bugs lying around to delete?

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

i totally have boxes of bugships in my inventory

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Three vanity fleets with fully upgraded banks all full of bugships here.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Technical Analysis posted:

Three vanity fleets with fully upgraded banks all full of bugships here.

Space poor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I thought the new hotness was stuffing the bank tabs full of those Voth dildo ships.

• Locked thread