Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
The movie was tighter paced and much funnier than I expected. It's no Citizen Kane, nor even Pineapple Express, but for a Seth Rogan stoner comedy it hits all the marks. Worth the $6 I paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I found it funny, took a while to get going but as soon as the CIA showed it up it was golden. It's exactly what I expected.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I thought the movie was funny until the end where it became much less funny. James Franco was great.

I also appreciated them really capturing the feeling of being aboard an older, crowded long distance Chinese train.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
Yeah, I went in to see this with low expectations but was laughing pretty much the way through. It wasn't amazing but it definitely was funny and I definitely enjoyed it. There's a good broad range of low brow humor mixed in with some more clever jokes.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Could've done with less anal humor, but overall it was pretty solid. I also love how stupidly deep the Lord of the Rings parallels ran and how Franco's stupid escape plan ended up happening. The whole theater was cracking up.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Moldy Taxes posted:

Could've done with less anal humor, but overall it was pretty solid. I also love how stupidly deep the Lord of the Rings parallels ran and how Franco's stupid escape plan ended up happening. The whole theater was cracking up.

That is such a boromir thing to say.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Groovelord Neato posted:

Right..he wasn't making a comedy about a musical about the Nazis. I'm aware hence why I said what I said?

Settle down Beavis.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Moldy Taxes posted:

Haha, yeah. When Franco pointed out that the crazy finger biting scene paralled the end with Frodo and Gollum was absolutely hilarious.

Homo Depot
Jun 27, 2007

Studs on sale!
I don't know why people keep saying it sucked, I thought it was decent.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Franco messed up repacking his bag and ricined himself. Everything from getting on the plane onward is a fever dream while he dies. That's why it works out exactly how he said it would.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
It was dumb. It made me laugh quite a lot. All in all, I liked it.

Also:

I don't see what the North Koreans were so angry about. It's about another, fictional Kim Jong-Un!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

JohnSherman posted:

Functionally, there isn't a whole lot of difference between

and

There's a reason the UN flipped a poo poo when North Korea successfully launched a satellite into orbit two years ago. The technology is the same.

I'm not going to pretend I know much about missile technology, but I'm fairly confident that ICBMs do not go into orbit and come back down on their target.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

raditts posted:

I'm not going to pretend I know much about missile technology, but I'm fairly confident that ICBMs do not go into orbit and come back down on their target.

That's exactly what intercontinental ballistic missiles do, more or less.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

BlackJosh posted:

That's exactly what intercontinental ballistic missiles do, more or less.

Well poo poo.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
Also, MIRV stands for Multiple Independently Targeted Re-entry Vehicles. The space race in the 1960s was very much about showing off ICBM technology, much moreso that space exploration. If you can boost something into stable orbit, you can probably drop it accurately on any spot on earth.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

I'm about 75% through with watching the movie and this is so far the only moment I really laughed. Thanks for the gif.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I liked it. I laughed at the jokes. They were funny to me.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Pineapple is on comedy central right now and it made me realize the Interview needed more Rosie Perez.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I liked it. I laughed at the jokes. They were funny to me.

I'm glad that you enjoyed The Interview.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
If we get nuked for this movie, it would have been almost worth it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

raditts posted:

Go play some Kerbal Space Simulator and you'll understand how it works.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I liked it. Not as funny as This is the End, certainly nowhere near the great satires like The Great Dictator and Doctor Strangelove, but overall an entertaining movie. It's interesting that the North Koreans are evidently so unhappy with this movie, perhaps because of the chance that the tiny percentage of the population that speaks English and watches bootleg Western movies could get their hands on it. It reminds me of Sidney Reilly's plan to publicly de-pants Lenin and Trotsky, thinking that public ridicule would destroy the Bolsheviks. The Cheka concealed the very idea of this plot existing, because they thought it would be harmful to let the public remember how much the revolution depended on the charisma of the leaders. The Interview is a silly movie but it also has a clear message about Kim Jong-Un betraying his people, so it's basically a call to revolution.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
These two always need someone funnier and someone who isn't as funny . Otherwise it doesn't work the same.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I really hope this movie does well financially, just like out of general spite for the whole situation. Getting ready to watch it now.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

This movie was really really bad and long.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Movie had some funny moments, and some really dumb moments.

I really enjoyed Franco just being Franco. It's like a big stripey dog!

I also enjoyed Agent Lacey explaining from personal experience that the tip entering your anus is the worst part

edit:Honeydicking is a wonderful word.

When they accidentally poisoned the first guy, it would've been much better if it turned out he was secretly the leader of the rebellious faction and that they ruined the rebellion with their dumb antics.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Dec 26, 2014

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
The thing that most amuses me is that someone spent years in college studying English so that they could one day land a job where they had to translate, "Your butthole is ironic," into Korean.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Actually, I don't recall the korean in that one line, but I can tell you that a lot of the english subtitles were completely different from the spoken korean dialogue.

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer

Atlas Hugged posted:

The thing that most amuses me is that someone spent years in college studying English so that they could one day land a job where they had to translate, "Your butthole is ironic," into Korean.

Or they just grew up speaking both natively...

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

I really enjoyed this. For 6 bucks with the added comfort of being able to watch this on my home projector I can't complain.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
Is anybody else bothered by the fact that Kim is his surname, yet he's constantly referred to as such like its his first name?

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Wake_N_Bake posted:

Is anybody else bothered by the fact that Kim is his surname, yet he's constantly referred to as such like its his first name?

Well Franco eventually ends up calling him Un when they get closer. That said Diana Bang's character introduced herself as Suk-young Park even though it should ordered Park Suk-young :shobon: (I mean I guess it could've been Suk Young-park but it's unlikely)

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
McConaughey goat gently caress?!?!?!

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Allyn posted:

Well Franco eventually ends up calling him Un when they get closer. That said Diana Bang's character introduced herself as Suk-young Park even though it should ordered Park Suk-young :shobon: (I mean I guess it could've been Suk Young-park but it's unlikely)

That usually bothers me but Kim also kept referring to Franco's character by his last name so I think it was intentional.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

IMB posted:

McConaughey goat gently caress?!?!?!

"The real Slim Shady just stood up!" was a pretty great line.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Rocksicles posted:

These two always need someone funnier and someone who isn't as funny . Otherwise it doesn't work the same.

I thought Rogan seemed to be more of the straight man in the movie.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Allyn posted:

That's because we live in america where first names are more important.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Can someone gif the Joseph Gordon-Levitt puppy scene?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

monster on a stick posted:

I thought Rogan seemed to be more of the straight man in the movie.

Nah he shoved a RoboCop dildo up his rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
What the gently caress is wrong with most of you?

This movie is objectively bad. There is minimal character development. The writing is god loving awful. The acting is mediocre. The story is a bunch of Jewish virgins got together and watched a CNN special about North Korea.

Worst of all, it is mostly awkward and unfunny. "You are the Samwise to my Frodo" ?? That joke is 12 years old now. Rob Lowe is balding?? LOLZ! What else is current and funny? Oh a 2010 song by Katy Perry! gently caress off.

• Locked thread