Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I've yet to play it, but the music seems to be pretty magical once again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Binding of Isaac rebirth :>

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

I've yet to play it, but the music seems to be pretty magical once again
It's neat and doesn't overstay its welcome.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dragon Age Inquisition because i'm AAA loving trash.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Ahundredbux posted:

What is your 2014 Game of the year?
Wolfenstein was probably my favourite, that game pressed all the right buttons for me. It'll never get any recognition in any semi-respectable GOTY things, though, because it's a single player only manshoot and you're not allowed to like those any more.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

The Kins posted:

Wolfenstein was probably my favourite, that game pressed all the right buttons for me. It'll never get any recognition in any semi-respectable GOTY things, though, because it's a single player only manshoot and you're not allowed to like those any more.

Oh yeah, that's a close second for me, it's really cool in a lot of ways.

People complain that you wake up out of a coma and start killing dudes without effort, but that's the whole point, violence was the only thing that could wake him up because this is a game about shooting nazis forever.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Kins posted:

I still have this game for PS4 unopened. Really need to play it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ahundredbux posted:

- Must be released in 2014
- Platform does not matter
- A large DLC is an acceptable entry

My GotY is probably South Park because this has been a trash year for games.

It's been a pretty good year for games, actually. But I'm a big fan of Diaboro 3: Da Reapuh of Souls.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Ahundredbux posted:

Alien Isolation. God drat is that a good loving game.

Binding of Isaac Rebirth is a close second.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Only reason this isn't the worst thread in games is because the xbox one has the wrong kind of ram megathread is back.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

ArfJason posted:

Only reason this isn't the worst thread in games is because the xbox one has the wrong kind of ram megathread is back.

I'm sorry this thread isn't up to the standards of a nitecrew regular, maybe if we start spamming anime gifs it'll meet your standards

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Captain Toad GOTY all years.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Blister posted:

I'm sorry this thread isn't up to the standards of a nitecrew regular, maybe if we start spamming anime gifs it'll meet your standards

Its a really loving bad thread too and i have pointed this out in there several times yet it isnt half as bad as this one lmao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

VideoGames posted:

Binding of Isaac rebirth :>

Its really good, i only need some challenges hard mode heart kills the meat boy and finding godhead im so close

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ArfJason posted:

Its really good, i only need some challenges hard mode heart kills the meat boy and finding godhead im so close

i wish i was that good.

im currently on a -40 streak but i have at least been able to kill mom enough times to have unlocked it lives and everything is terrible. which is a big step up from how bad i was at the original

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
unironically persona q is goty

the hard mode is probably one of the best combinations of challenge and fun that i've played recently, and although the zen / rei plot is boring as gently caress, the bonding of the casts through the vehicle of kanji and ken becoming friends loving owns and justifies the entire game imho

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

ArfJason posted:

Its a really loving bad thread too and i have pointed this out in there several times yet it isnt half as bad as this one lmao

Ok but what is your GotY

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Still haven't unlocked the Lost yet.

Still have to do a few of the more annoying challenges.

It's such a drat good game, though. Doing the boss rush with Magdalene and ??? at the moment.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

So I really got back into the mood of playing some really old, really bad game; that I wasted too much time on. Navyfield.

Any of you interested to take part on this journey through magical bullshit and insanity?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Michaellaneous posted:

So I really got back into the mood of playing some really old, really bad game; that I wasted too much time on. Navyfield.

Any of you interested to take part on this journey through magical bullshit and insanity?

As long as I don't have to take an active part, sure

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Ahundredbux posted:

Shovel Knight, Mario Kart 8 or Reaper of Souls are my GOTYS, I won't pick one

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Adam Bowen posted:

Shovel Knight, Mario Kart 8 or Reaper of Souls are my GOTYS, I won't pick one

all solid choices

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

Ok but what is your GotY

My computer struggles at playing rodents revenge and with my rapidly devaluing currency (currently trading favourably against Monopoly bills) i dont have many ways to play recent releases.
Isaac would be it by default since its probably the only '14 game i played

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Also I played Might and Magic X at the beginning of the year and that experience convinced me to finally play World of Xeen so I would like to nominate World of Xeen as a GOTY contender

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Adam Bowen posted:

Might and Magic X

This any good? I love the previous games

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Adam Bowen posted:

Also I played Might and Magic X at the beginning of the year and that experience convinced me to finally play World of Xeen so I would like to nominate World of Xeen as a GOTY contender

Well, it's 20 years late but I'll allow it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheHoosier posted:

No, it's a really janky poorly designed RPG. I wish I didn't buy it.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

TheHoosier posted:

I had zero experience with M&M games prior to playing X, so I don't know how valuable my opinion is. It starts (and ends) a bit rough, and the very generic fantasy setting is super boring compared to the wonderfully bizarre stuff from the early Might and Magic games, but overall it was a great game with an excellent class/skill system and one of the only long RPGs in recent memory that managed to keep me interested enough to actually finish it. I imagine anyone who likes grid-based, turn-based PC RPGs would really enjoy it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I said come in! posted:

Dragon Age Inquisition because i'm AAA loving trash.

This but unironically

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky.

It's a pretty good JRPG and it's on the PC and it's called TitS. Also I've only played it for an hour and a half but it is charming and fun and well-written.

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Dec 26, 2014

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

The Colonel posted:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky.

It's a pretty good JRPG and it's on the PC and it's called TitS. Also I've only played it for an hour and a half but it is charming and fun and well-written.

Falcom are Good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

precision posted:

This but unironically

Inquisition really is a great game.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ArfJason posted:

Falcom are Good.

fagcom

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

my game of the year is samurai warriors 4, because warriors games are epic

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

They keep some Ys games on vita, so I'll allow it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
All I want from Falcom is for Xseed to loving translate Zwei 2 and Mastiff to put Gurumin on Steam already

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009
Dark Souls 2 or Reaper of Souls for me, leaning towards RoS.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ahundredbux posted:

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

The Kins posted:

Wolfenstein secretly had a really good story and I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
Secretly in the same way that cracked.com thinks movies "secretly" have subtext

• Locked thread