Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Pretty jazzed to find out my Tritton 720 headset works on PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
the internet makes you stupid
Hopefully we get some free poo poo from Sony for this bullshit which they continue to keep us in the dark about!

poo poo like this is why I always buy physical games.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

lol internet. posted:

Hopefully we get some free poo poo from Sony for this bullshit which they continue to keep us in the dark about!

I really, really doubt they will. Wouldn't complain if we got something of course, but I consider 95% of this to be beyond their control, so...

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

lol internet. posted:

I think it's horseshit the standard isn't "here's a free PS+ day for every day we were down."

I don't need handouts everytime a server shits the bed, but I would like what I paid for.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If Sony doesn't at least extend the Flash Sale that would be pretty lame.

A free month of PS+ or something would be a nice gesture.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If it ends today that'll be less than 48 hours of downtime. When it was down for a month they gave out apology gifts, this isn't nearly long enough to qualify.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

haveblue posted:

If it ends today that'll be less than 48 hours of downtime. When it was down for a month they gave out apology gifts, this isn't nearly long enough to qualify.

Less than 24 hours for some people, like I said I've been online since about 1 AM last night and was online as late as 9 AM Christmas morning.

Plus, yeah, DDoS attacks aren't realistically preventable for them right now anyway. I was just thinking that they could give away some token gift as a victory lap for beating out the One yet again. It would be hilarious PR. "XBox Live was down and what did they give you? Nothing. Well here at Sony, we love you. Have a free week of PS+".

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I guarantee that the entire time I'm playing Ground Zeroes, My mind will be redubbing every single one of Snake's lines with David Hayter voice over Keifer Sutherland's voice. :smithicide: dammit kojima, you got me this time.

precision posted:

Plus, yeah, DDoS attacks aren't realistically preventable for them right now anyway. I was just thinking that they could give away some token gift as a victory lap for beating out the One yet again. It would be hilarious PR. "XBox Live was down and what did they give you? Nothing. Well here at Sony, we love you. Have a free week of PS+".

A free week of plus would be a pretty great goodwill gesture/easy to give Christmas present. Enticing for new owners too.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years

precision posted:

If you can actually manage to log in you should be able to stay logged in, I've been online for 12 hours now (most of which I was asleep, granted).

Just don't leave your window open when a snow storm comes through

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I swore my 2nd DS4 came with a micro USB cable but I guess I'm wrong

its a bummer the servers have been down but The lizard squad drama is pretty fun what with their personal info being released etc. (assuming it's real) I mean how much is it costing their parents credit cards to do these attacks anyways? Who's "hacking" them?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

lol internet. posted:

I tried to call their Customer Service a few times now, and they keep railroading me to a message about how they know about a network issue, then *click*...

I have a LOT of beef with Microsoft, but at least their CS would talk to me.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

This console is a piece of poo poo!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I think this has really made it clearer for me that these companies are so focused on pushing the digital/online future of gaming on an aging poo poo infrastructure that's simply not ready for it.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Soul Glo posted:

I think it's horseshit the standard isn't "here's a free PS+ day for every day we were down."

I don't need handouts everytime a server shits the bed, but I would like what I paid for.

What I'd like to see come out of this is a reevaluation of their policy on digital purchases and second consoles. I have a main console in my family room as a primary so my friends and family can play all my purchases on their own accounts.

My second ps4 is the one I use primarily, which is typically not a problem since I'm logged into psn and have access to all my games, bit with the psn down these last few days, this console I use more often had been rendered all but useless.

Ideally, my user account should be made "trusted" since it is associated with the correct psn account, and I shouldn't be locked out of all my digital games every time the psn is ddos'ed.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Did any of you have the same problem I had?

I opened my ps4 and the charger for the DS4 didn't fit. The one that was packaged in it was a mini USB, not a micro one. Luckily I have android phones, but :psyduck:

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

If I had the powers of Delsin Rowe from Infamous: Second Son you can bet your sweet bippy I would NOT get good karma for sparing or rehabilitating these hackers because I would kill them with video powers. I would max my super attack and then use my evil super attack on the last one.

Source your quotes please

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Did any of you have the same problem I had?

I opened my ps4 and the charger for the DS4 didn't fit. The one that was packaged in it was a mini USB, not a micro one. Luckily I have android phones, but :psyduck:

Sounds like either the factory worker grabbed the wrong cable or the PS4 was returned

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

I didn't know Herman Cain was a goon, but I should've guessed

Herman Cain, die hard left wing liberal with a long record as such, you're bad at politics. Shoulda gone Pelosi friend, make fun of my jet or some such.

haveblue posted:

And they did that because they were terrified of people spreading rumors that CC info had been stolen and other stuff in the haze of that massive attack. Turns out that it wasn't, but anything to calm down the masses. This on the other had was just an inconvenience, not really the same thing, I don't see any freebies coming out of it.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
That hasn't stopped certain news outlets from trying to link this to the North Korea hacks at Sony Pictures.

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

precision posted:

maybe they could finally let people have that ps+ version of driveclub?? but yeah if the service was free to use i wouldn't expect anything but since they're charging people subscription fees then they should offer compensation

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Dehry posted:

Sounds like either the factory worker grabbed the wrong cable or the PS4 was returned

Did you try the other side of the controller?

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

The Bananana posted:

Did you try the other side of the controller?

Please let this be the case...

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The Bananana posted:

I tried to call their Customer Service a few times now, and they keep railroading me to a message about how they know about a network issue, then *click*...

I have a LOT of beef with Microsoft, but at least their CS would talk to me.

What do you realistically want from a minimum wage phone jockey on another continent to do about your online gaming? What do you even expect them to know?

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

the truth posted:

What do you realistically want from a minimum wage phone jockey on another continent to do about your online gaming? What do you even expect them to know?

I think he expects someone from the network management team to pick up and explain to him in detail what their recovery time frame because he is a paying customer and dammit he deserves blah blah call mute

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

the truth posted:

Well, duder, considering this same poo poo was going down with Microsoft a few weeks ago, I expect Sony's min wage phone jockeys to do the same thing Microsoft's did, and placate me with a month or two of live/plus.

Edit: an answer to what's going on would be cool, but not really what I'm looking for, as an unsatisfied customer paying for a service.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

The Bananana posted:

Well, duder, considering this same poo poo was going down with Microsoft a few weeks ago, I expect Sony's min wage phone jockeys to do the same thing Microsoft's did, and placate me with a month or two of live/plus.

I demand free access to the service im calling to tell you is poo poo. Let me tell you how reasonable this is. If you dont give it to me ill not pay you for the thing I want for free!

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Huh. For some reason I thought Demons Souls could be bought on the ps4 psn. Kinda lame you can't.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Spaceman Future! posted:

I demand free access to the service im calling to tell you is poo poo. Let me tell you how reasonable this is. If you dont give it to me ill not pay you for the thing I want for free!

I'm... not entirely sure what's going on here.

If you think I'm being absurd, I'd ask you if you'd consider paying for a service that you're not receiving any less absurd.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So I'm playing the PS4 version of TLOU and I'm in that car sequence when the uncle takes them driving and blows off that family walking because HOLY poo poo BARN IS ON FIRE WE HAVE A KID!

And then the car just somehow keeps driving takes flight and enters the void. I can hear the dialogue still but there is nothing but emptiness. I can move the girl around in the back seat but there is nothing out the window.

And I can't return the game today because every gamestop has like a 3 hour line.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The Bananana posted:

If you think I'm being absurd, I'd ask you if you'd consider paying for a service that you're not receiving any less absurd.

Regardless, we probably have to wait for Sony to put all the PSN fires out and for the CS lines to return to normal-ish operations (even with everything working they're getting more calls than usual because of all the new PS4 owners, and could also be a smaller-than-usual crew because it's the holidays). You'd need to know how heavily you were affected all told, after all.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Spaceman Future! posted:

Herman Cain, die hard left wing liberal with a long record as such, you're bad at politics. Shoulda gone Pelosi friend, make fun of my jet or some such.

I'm fine at politics, I was poking fun at your "Uzbekibekistan"-esque comment.

Seems Lizard Squad is off Twitter. There's a new handle up, but that could just be some dude copycatting.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

The Bananana posted:

If you think its unreasonable for Sony's network to be down a few days a year then don't pay for plus, but that's about the only leverage you get for $10 a month. You are being absurd and completely unreasonable, do you have any idea how much cloud services with SLAs for 100% uptime even cost?

Soul Glo posted:

I'm fine at politics, I was poking fun at your "Uzbekibekistan"-esque comment.

Seems Lizard Squad is off Twitter. There's a new handle up, but that could just be some dude copycatting.

Oh man, a dad joke about eastern block names, this is just like the time Herman Cain did.. never.. that thing. You dont have to explain, I know what you were poking at, Im saying its dumb because it is. Its the equivilant of a "Those clowns in congress what clowns" comment and it is awful and bad.

Spaceman Future! fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 26, 2014

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Huh. For some reason I thought Demons Souls could be bought on the ps4 psn. Kinda lame you can't.

its a ps3 game. the ps4 isn't designed to be backwards compatible because the ps3 was very weird and running its games would make the system much more expensive. look for it on ps now in the future. its popular enough to be on there once they get out of beta.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I demand five nines on my luxury entertainment service for $50/year, also 10 times as much free service as it's actually been down. Why won't they just give me stuff I want???

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Before I go rent/buy, does the new Call of Duty require any kind of online check before I can at least play the single player?

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Spaceman Future! posted:

Oh man, a dad joke about eastern block names, this is just like the time Herman Cain did.. never.. that thing. You dont have to explain, I know what you were poking at, Im saying its dumb because it is. Its the equivilant of a "Those clowns in congress what clowns" comment and it is awful and bad.

but he really did do that though

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I don't think it is unreasonable for them to credit current PS+ subscribers the days they lost since they have already paid. Demanding free games for a day or two is however a bit much.

What was I missing with the flash sale ? I have $8 in credit burning a hole in my pocket.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Tomahawk posted:

but he really did do that though

Hahah really? Was that before or after his Pokemon speech?

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I don't think it is unreasonable for them to credit current PS+ subscribers the days they lost since they have already paid. Demanding free games for a day or two is however a bit much.

What was I missing with the flash sale ? I have $8 in credit burning a hole in my pocket.

Saying "I want a free month and this is reasonable pick up the phone jerks" is a pretty far cry from looking for reimbursement on a few days of service for an entirely non critical application though. I wouldn't have a problem with a wallet credit or something for the outage, but that would only come out to like thirty cents so Im not gonna rail about it.

Spaceman Future! fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 26, 2014

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

The Bananana posted:

Are you one of those people that loudly complains in retail establishments until a manager comes along and placates you with a discount or something?

gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I was way more pissed off about the update that bricked my PS3 because I couldn't use my console at all than I am about the online service being down for a couple of days. Yes, I would like to shoot children in the face playing CoD but I figure they'll get online at the same time I will. That's me though, I understand being grumpy about a paid service not working. Except companies can choose to make their games playable w/o a PS+ sub so they're at fault, too.

• Locked thread