Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Delivery McGee posted:

They apparently at least tried the Camaro at the same time:

Was this like a rare thing? I spent my summers as a kid in Round Rock and used to see this car (or one like it) all the time.

As a huge Mad Max fan, seeing that and the 5.0's surrounded by rolling hills and dry brush had a certain charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Delivery McGee posted:

Edit: Texas DPS has the best livery. Very distinctive, as opposed to the LAPD panda or NYC white/blue that most departments use (and then there's the weird ones, like NY State police that have blue cars with yellow graphics). But the white upper surfaces and black sides with minimal graphics -- "State Trooper" on the front fenders and rear end, logo on the door -- just looks nice aesthetically (and is also really easy to make as a cop car at a glance, as opposed to the others which just look like a regular Crown Vic from end-on).

I'm still partial to the FHP, even on the camaro.

Click for much huge.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Arkansas State Police are pretty plain, but distinctive.

Nothing too flashy, but they're easy to spot from a mile away.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Americans and your big muscley police cars...

Though apparently the Avon and Somerset police have this thing somewhere.

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
The Ohio State Highway Patrol would like to remind you that they have the coolest logo in the country:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

...and all the weed you could smoke it would seem.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Jonny Nox posted:

There's a new "Project Binky" video on You tube and you assholes never said anything?

Merry Christmas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_H8bK8o3UM

Already? It's been less than 3 months, Exciting!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Jonny Nox posted:

There's a new "Project Binky" video on You tube and you assholes never said anything?

Merry Christmas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_H8bK8o3UM

Dude's a mad genius of metal work.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

MonkeyNutZ posted:

The Ohio State Highway Patrol would like to remind you that they have the coolest logo in the country:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
The Michegan state police on the other hand have the simultaneously dorky and cool interceptors:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Minnesota state patrol has maroon cars. In the early 90s, this probably made them hard to spot, but now it stands out in a sea of gray.
Wisconsin has blue cars. I know many a Minnesotan who has gotten a ticket because they saw a blue crown vic, forgot they were in the land of cheese, beer, and blue cop cars, and felt safe.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
Indiana sheriff deparments' crown vics have a pretty good standard livery

Although it seems some of the new Dodges and other patrol cars just get the decals over champagne metallic, since cars don't come from the factory in "poverty-spec Ford Tempo Cat Vomit Tan" anymore.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
They've recently started doing a range of colours here

I actually find them harder to spot from a distance than the plain white they usually use

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Dannywilson posted:

The Michegan state police on the other hand have the simultaneously dorky and cool interceptors:

Whaaat, no big red gumball? That was like my favorite thing about the MSP cars when I visited there :3:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

dissss posted:

They've recently started doing a range of colours here

I actually find them harder to spot from a distance than the plain white they usually use

Yeah I find the red ones particularly irritating because they're seemingly designed to be invisible from a distance or in the shade or whatever.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Clearly the superior choice in two-door police cars.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Go...go..Gadget?

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people

Dannywilson posted:

what the gently caress is going on on the hood?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Sadi posted:

what the gently caress is going on on the hood?

Light-up sign, if I'm remembering correctly. That way if they're parked perpendicular to the road at night on a traffic stop or whatever, you can see them more easily. At least, i'm pretty sure that's what it is.

e: Yeah, from Wikipedia:

"MSP vehicles also feature a clear plastic sign, referred to as a "hood light" or "hailer" or "shark fin" on the hood that lights up when activated. The historical use of this hood light dates from the time when a "side stop" patrol stop would be initiated by pulling up next to an offender and the Trooper would motion them to pull over in daylight; at night the hood light was illuminated displaying the words "State Police" and "STOP" (MSP no longer use the "side stop")."

Double edit, here's a MSP Crown Vic with the gumball light:

I think the gumball light is pretty rad, it's something unique compared to most other setups.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 26, 2014

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

IOwnCalculus posted:

One of the foremost Bricklin collectors is trying to hunt one of these down so he can restore it. There were only 3 made in this livery, so it's going to be a challenge.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

T1g4h posted:

Double edit, here's a MSP Crown Vic with the gumball light:

I think the gumball light is pretty rad, it's something unique compared to most other setups.

Yeah, around here they go crazy with the LEDs strobing all over the place. At night you can;t see poo poo anywhere near a cop car with the lights going.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

T1g4h posted:

Light-up sign, if I'm remembering correctly. That way if they're parked perpendicular to the road at night on a traffic stop or whatever, you can see them more easily. At least, i'm pretty sure that's what it is.

e: Yeah, from Wikipedia:

"MSP vehicles also feature a clear plastic sign, referred to as a "hood light" or "hailer" or "shark fin" on the hood that lights up when activated. The historical use of this hood light dates from the time when a "side stop" patrol stop would be initiated by pulling up next to an offender and the Trooper would motion them to pull over in daylight; at night the hood light was illuminated displaying the words "State Police" and "STOP" (MSP no longer use the "side stop")."

poo poo, that little gadget better be bolted through the hood because it's the ultimate bar-night trophy if it's just magnetic or adhesive mounted.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Goddamnit, why does everyone keep calling it a gumball when it's obviously a gumdrop?

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
The best/worst police livery is still the Alberta white-on-white f150.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wild EEPROM posted:

The best/worst police livery is still the Alberta white-on-white f150.

It's like russian roulette.

is that a headache rack or a light bar?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Dannywilson posted:

Goddamnit, why does everyone keep calling it a gumball when it's obviously a gumdrop?
Because it looks like a gumball machine. Not because it looks like the candy itself.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

T1g4h posted:

Whaaat, no big red gumball? That was like my favorite thing about the MSP cars when I visited there :3:

The Domers still run those gumball lights, but they're super-bright LED gumballs now. I don't know what's going on with that Challenger, though. Maybe it just hasn't had its light installed.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

BoostCreep posted:

One of the foremost Bricklin collectors is trying to hunt one of these down so he can restore it. There were only 3 made in this livery, so it's going to be a challenge.

Are you referring to yourself in the third person? Because that looks awesome and you should do it with yours

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
:3:

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Mounting the bullhorns rearward was a little optimistic on their part, wasn't it?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 232 days!)

bennyfactor posted:

Mounting the bullhorns rearward was a little optimistic on their part, wasn't it?

They tried to mount them forward- but they discovered that this was causing them to go backwards.

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74ojgoZGKmE

:colbert:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
ok enough cop chat post Chaparrals

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Yes boss.

(I tried to find a picture of a cop Chaparall, but no such luck.)

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

There's something so wrong about an R1 that will never be able to pull a wheelie.
Also, I can't imagine the R1's transmission likes hauling all that weight around very much.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Ya know, the older I get, the more I love the Chaparral livery. Solid white, solid black numbers, those cars are 100% pure loving business.

Chaparral was probably the coolest race team of the era, and you know that Hall was the real deal when Smokey Yunick is quoted as saying Hall was miles ahead of him when it came to pushing the envelope. Plus, Chaparral had what amounted to a direct internet line to GM in the mid-1960's, poo poo was crazy.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Dec 26, 2014

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Left Ventricle posted:

This went precisely as I anticipated it would.

In case everybody missed this - it's brilliant. I laughed so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

sofullofhate posted:

In case everybody missed this - it's brilliant. I laughed so hard.
I had missed it. Went back and watched. I'm glad I did.