Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
hit shield button right when bowser hits ground from choke, and then roll into ganon. if you roll away, his leg is still long enough to kick bowser iirc. you can also do a getup attack i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

It won't fit

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

gay skull posted:

It won't fit

Not with that attitude

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i just got this for christmas and am ready to get owned, what are some tips and tricks to take my game to the next level(1)

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
use aerials, block then grab out of shield

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Yinlock posted:

i just got this for christmas and am ready to get owned, what are some tips and tricks to take my game to the next level(1)

Play as Link and don't ever stop shooting arrows unless they get close then up smash

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Speaking of which I'm going to post some common strategies I've noticed with different characters playing For Glory:

Link: see above
Robin: arcfire thoron (NEVER see it coming)
Ness: pk fire charge grab down throw OR pk fire running A attack
Z suit Samus: stun shot running A, even if they block the stun shot then jump in the air for no reason
Bowser: SIDE B SIDE SMASH DOWN B
Lil Mac: side B off the edge because they dodged it
Pac man: down B in the air then try and fail to smash the hydrant
Ganondorf: side B then try and fail to hit them while they're down
Mario: tilt up A 1,000 times, then don't EVER use the down B
DK: don't use down B or up B (unless recovering), only use side b standard b and reverse air smash
Jigglypuff: jump and make feinting loops and do side air smashed until you're close enough to miss with the sleep attacks, then side B off the edge on accident
Pikachu: repeated standard B at the start of the match immediately
Fox: repeated standard B at the start of the match immediately
Falco: repeated standard B at the start of the match immediately
I'm sure there's more

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Omglosser posted:

Speaking of which I'm going to post some common strategies I've noticed with different characters playing For Glory:

Link: see above
Robin: arcfire thoron (NEVER see it coming)
Ness: pk fire charge grab down throw OR pk fire running A attack
Z suit Samus: stun shot running A, even if they block the stun shot then jump in the air for no reason
Bowser: SIDE B SIDE SMASH DOWN B
Lil Mac: side B off the edge because they dodged it
Pac man: down B in the air then try and fail to smash the hydrant
Ganondorf: side B then try and fail to hit them while they're down
Mario: tilt up A 1,000 times, then don't EVER use the down B
DK: don't use down B or up B (unless recovering), only use side b standard b and reverse air smash
Jigglypuff: jump and make feinting loops and do side air smashed until you're close enough to miss with the sleep attacks, then side B off the edge on accident
Pikachu: repeated standard B at the start of the match immediately
Fox: repeated standard B at the start of the match immediately
Falco: repeated standard B at the start of the match immediately
I'm sure there's more

All of these fall under the most common, devious strategy: be really bad at video games

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
m

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

All of these fall under the most common, devious strategy: be really bad at video games

And I lose to all of them.... le sigh

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I really need to smash. It has been too long.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

LOL!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm playing fantasy life

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

sharrrk posted:

i'm playing fantasy life

how is it

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!

Evil Eagle posted:

I really need to smash. It has been too long.

You will get your wish tomorrow. I have a shiny new TV and am feeling powerful! If I am not overcome by how much shinier everything is of course...at least it's way easier to see on a not tiny TV.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

It makes me really sad that Bowser dies first when he does his side b off a ledge.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

_Endgame_ posted:

You will get your wish tomorrow. I have a shiny new TV and am feeling powerful! If I am not overcome by how much shinier everything is of course...at least it's way easier to see on a not tiny TV.

It's going to be mario time (because Rosalina loving eats Wii Fit Trainer's and Duck Hunt's projectiles).

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

VikingofRock posted:

It makes me really sad that Bowser dies first when he does his side b off a ledge.

Is this from a patch? I know this wasn't the case when the game released.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Mach2 posted:

Is this from a patch? I know this wasn't the case when the game released.

Yes. Ganoncide still works I think.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Yes. Ganoncide still works I think.

it does, i would literally murder someone if it didnt

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

VikingofRock posted:

yeah and THAT'S BULLSHIT.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

What's your nnid

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

VikingofRock posted:

Seriously?? I had gotten so good at avoiding this that I didn't know they changed it

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

I read the first two pages and then iSkipped to the end. I think this new thread is somewhat bad and also barren of the metaphysical delicacy that helped define the previous thread. While I fully love and respect sharrrk as the current OP I feel that the previous thread benefitted by being a child stuck between two worlds (that of "games" and also of "imp"). Int he new thread this balance has been destroyed and things will quickly spiral out of control without a modicum of power posts to bring things back into check.

In other news I brought smash with me to a big family Xmas thing and all of my cousins were complete trash at both melee and smash 4. I also played some board games and it was ok. I had gay sex in a room filled with rush Limbaugh books and it felt somehow spiritually transcendent but also discomforting. There were some cute dogs also , one was named Durango.

I missed my smash brethren here in the 'Zone and hope to fight y'all real soon. My physical and astral humours have been growing increasingly foul without proper release and I can only imagine how invigorated I will feel once they have been clarified by battleblood

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

I read the first two pages and then iSkipped to the end. I think this new thread is somewhat bad and also barren of the metaphysical delicacy that helped define the previous thread. While I fully love and respect sharrrk as the current OP I feel that the previous thread benefitted by being a child stuck between two worlds (that of "games" and also of "imp"). Int he new thread this balance has been destroyed and things will quickly spiral out of control without a modicum of power posts to bring things back into check.

In other news I brought smash with me to a big family Xmas thing and all of my cousins were complete trash at both melee and smash 4. I also played some board games and it was ok. I had gay sex in a room filled with rush Limbaugh books and it felt somehow spiritually transcendent but also discomforting. There were some cute dogs also , one was named Durango.

I missed my smash brethren here in the 'Zone and hope to fight y'all real soon. My physical and astral humours have been growing increasingly foul without proper release and I can only imagine how invigorated I will feel once they have been clarified by battleblood
F to pay respects to all who died reading this.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Anyone want to play super smash bros for the wii u. I'm verycoolhorse, add me on nintendo network.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

Congrats on the sex.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Congrats on the sex.

thanks, same 2 you friend

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

but actually i've had my same bf for nearly 10 years so its not like a big accomplishment.

what i'm saying is
you can call me
sexhaver "cool friend" sofia coppola_OD_ o.D.o Esquire▓

Sofia Coppola_OD_ fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 27, 2014

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Congrats on the sex.

i slept through the afternoon and missed our smash date. im sorry

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

sharrrk posted:

i slept through the afternoon and missed our smash date. im sorry

It's ok, I'll be free tomorrow pretty much all day.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

$500

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i feel like i can relate strongly with pikachu

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Pikachu Amiibo - Drunk Defect RARE!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
this game is breaking my heasrt because I really want to play smash but gently caress if im gonna buy a wiiU for that poo poo

• Locked thread