Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
http://nzbs.org/login is down :(

Edit: :69snypa:

It is back up!

Michael Scott fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Dec 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Is there any way of gleaning some more info out of NZBGet about failed downloads? I was looking through the history and saw 2 releases it claims failed, but when I go to the folder structure, there's a folder called '_unpack_' with the extracted file in it and all the RARs deleted. Loading it in VLC and scrubbing the timeline doesn't seem to reveal any problems, so I'm curious as to why it thinks it failed.

e: found all the source files in the intermediate folder, all passed PAR and SFV checks. Odd.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Dec 21, 2014

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

sellouts posted:

Astraweb + supernews gets me at 25mb/sec

My average speed appears to be the same as before I swapped distro, I guess watching the pot boil showed me things I just ignored before. I don't get 25mb/s solely because of my internet plan. But to be fair I don't really need it that fast.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Sorry I know I mentioned this months ago but I don't think I ever got an answer.

I'm MANY, MANY versions behind on NZBDrone (Sonarr) and when I go to find instructions google searching "update NZBDrone" I get to places like this:

http://www.htpcguides.com/install-nzbdrone-osx/

Which are actually very detailed and helpful. I feel like I could follow this easily enough, with one problem. It sounds an awful lot like it is instructions for a first time installation, complete with how to make it start at boot up, etc.

Can anyone with knowledge of updating NZBDrone on Mac help me figure out how to update? What step do I start on, where do I stop? Can I do this without having to redo all the setup/config stuff? (I would assume so?)

yugge
Aug 27, 2008

Feenix posted:

Sorry I know I mentioned this months ago but I don't think I ever got an answer.

I'm MANY, MANY versions behind on NZBDrone (Sonarr) and when I go to find instructions google searching "update NZBDrone" I get to places like this:

http://www.htpcguides.com/install-nzbdrone-osx/

Which are actually very detailed and helpful. I feel like I could follow this easily enough, with one problem. It sounds an awful lot like it is instructions for a first time installation, complete with how to make it start at boot up, etc.

Can anyone with knowledge of updating NZBDrone on Mac help me figure out how to update? What step do I start on, where do I stop? Can I do this without having to redo all the setup/config stuff? (I would assume so?)

Have you tried to update it from inside nzbdrone? System tab, there is a sub-tab called updates, you should be able to get new updates from there. Havent tried it on mac, but it works on windows and linux.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
You all know about the $30 for 1.1TB blocks from NewsgroupDirect right?
http://newsgroupdirect.com/deal-of-the-week

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

yugge posted:

Have you tried to update it from inside nzbdrone? System tab, there is a sub-tab called updates, you should be able to get new updates from there. Havent tried it on mac, but it works on windows and linux.

I'll check again but last time I clicked that link it took me to an install page. Same story, it's instructions for a fresh install.

[edit] I just checked again, yeah it literally just points me here:

https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/Installation

Which has me downloading something, extracting it manually (no problem yet) then doing a bunch of terminal commands and I'm just not sure how much of that is necessary as an update versus an install. I also don't wanna undo my existing NZBDrone setup or have to start over.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 23, 2014

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Anyone reading this thread using the torrent-supporting version of sonarr? Anything good or bad to say about it?

Just looking to support a few things that are usually many days late on usenet...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Feenix posted:

I'll check again but last time I clicked that link it took me to an install page. Same story, it's instructions for a fresh install.

[edit] I just checked again, yeah it literally just points me here:

https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/Installation

Which has me downloading something, extracting it manually (no problem yet) then doing a bunch of terminal commands and I'm just not sure how much of that is necessary as an update versus an install. I also don't wanna undo my existing NZBDrone setup or have to start over.
Yeahhh, so I followed the link that the install link for NZBDrone pointed to, and sure enough I'm on a current version of SONARR but all my shows are gone, my indexers are gone, I have to set that all up again. Basically exactly what I was afraid of.

Lame.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Feenix posted:

Yeahhh, so I followed the link that the install link for NZBDrone pointed to, and sure enough I'm on a current version of SONARR but all my shows are gone, my indexers are gone, I have to set that all up again. Basically exactly what I was afraid of.

Lame.

Fortunately, it's super easy to add your shows. Just click the add show link and select where all your shows are.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Thermopyle posted:

Fortunately, it's super easy to add your shows. Just click the add show link and select where all your shows are.

Yeah, no, it wasn't so bad. But there was also adding my indexer poo poo (which I had to go search my gmail for because I couldn't remember what I had... quality profiles, etc...)

I'm basically all set now though, and I see the newer versions of SONARR have a "Backup" option. Nice.

[edit] But for them to to make it clear you're starting from scratch when you followed an "Update" link... is just a little lame.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 23, 2014

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.

Feenix posted:

Yeah, no, it wasn't so bad. But there was also adding my indexer poo poo (which I had to go search my gmail for because I couldn't remember what I had... quality profiles, etc...)

I'm basically all set now though, and I see the newer versions of SONARR have a "Backup" option. Nice.

[edit] But for them to to make it clear you're starting from scratch when you followed an "Update" link... is just a little lame.

If it functions in OSX, go into the System settings and click on the backup tab and save the most recent backup, then use it to restore your settings next time.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Diviance posted:

If it functions in OSX, go into the System settings and click on the backup tab and save the most recent backup, then use it to restore your settings next time.

Yes. That wasn't available on my old version, but yes now I can do that. :)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Thermopyle posted:

Anyone reading this thread using the torrent-supporting version of sonarr? Anything good or bad to say about it?

Just looking to support a few things that are usually many days late on usenet...

I haven't yet, but plan to at some point because private TV torrent sites are slaying the scene/usenet in terms of availability and quality these days. It's just a bit more involved, but at least there's no DMCAs.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Thermopyle posted:

Been using it a bit to supplement and it works great. It copies the file as normal and I stop seeding when I feel like it.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Thermopyle posted:

Works just fine, took a little tinkering but no complaints. It even lists the seeds/leeches in the manual search and the automatic search won't grab something with 0 seeds. I disabled the Usenet stuff inside of Sonarr for a week to test how things went and no issues at all. This might save me the $9 a month with Supernews or whatever. You're kinda dependent on their supported sites though, I'm looking into how to add my own private ones.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

I haven't done torrents in years. Isn't using public sites like...a bad idea?

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Thermopyle posted:

I haven't done torrents in years. Isn't using public sites like...a bad idea?

Even private trackers are a bad idea to do in a naked fashion. Everyone I know that takes torrenting seriously uses a seedbox or lives in a country where nobody cares about torrenting.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

YouTuber posted:

Even private trackers are a bad idea to do in a naked fashion. Everyone I know that takes torrenting seriously uses a seedbox or lives in a country where nobody cares about torrenting.

Is extremeseed still recommended for this? Could you just set up a digital ocean droplet of the trackers were private enough?

How do you automate the completed download to your home (say plex) setup?

sellouts fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 25, 2014

rekamso
Jan 22, 2008
So both ngroups and tweaknews have become astraweb.

Does anyone have a current usenet map?

edit: I'm retarded, neither are astraweb

rekamso fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 30, 2014

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

Used Usenet years ago, but stopped because they seemed to get lots of DMCA take downs. Seemed like if I didn't get what I was looking for within a couple of hours of it being posted it would be removed. Has that stopped now?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

jadeddrifter posted:

Used Usenet years ago, but stopped because they seemed to get lots of DMCA take downs. Seemed like if I didn't get what I was looking for within a couple of hours of it being posted it would be removed. Has that stopped now?

No.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Depends on your provider combination - I haven't really had any completion issues using Astraweb + Blocknews for a while now.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

rekamso posted:

What makes you say that?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

rekamso posted:

No idea where you got the idea tweaknews is now astraweb, but if you can bear a reddit link this seems to be the most up to date map

https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/wiki/providers

dwarkanath
Oct 1, 2014

A plethora of infinities.

rekamso posted:

Either the reddit one or this http://www.usenet-providers.net/newsgroup-resellers.php

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
I got a Synology NAS for christmas and in the process of moving my usenet stuff over to it. I keep getting the error
code:
nzbget.conf(61): Invalid value for option "NzbDir" (/volume1/video/downloads/nzb/): could not read information for directory /volume1/video/downloads/nzb: errno 13,
I gave users the permission to read\write that folder but still having the issue. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Are you using the synocommunity repo?

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Sub Rosa posted:

Are you using the synocommunity repo?

Yeah

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I don't recall having that issue. Hmm.

My setting for MainDir is /volume1/Downloads/NZBGet and for NzbDir is ${MainDir}/nzb

nzbget is the owner of the nzb folder.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Sub Rosa posted:

I don't recall having that issue. Hmm.

My setting for MainDir is /volume1/Downloads/NZBGet and for NzbDir is ${MainDir}/nzb

nzbget is the owner of the nzb folder.

I added a user I created and a group I created that has access to that folder and gave it owner.
Did you create the nzbget user? Ugh, so many issues. I need to set up NZBDrone after as well and it isn't seeing /volume1/video/

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
can someone recommend a block provider for me if I'm on Usenetserver?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Irritated Goat posted:

I added a user I created and a group I created that has access to that folder and gave it owner.
Did you create the nzbget user? Ugh, so many issues. I need to set up NZBDrone after as well and it isn't seeing /volume1/video/

No, everything was created automagically. Only thing I had issues with in terms of setup of everything after upgrading to 5.0 actually was ruTorrent needing some chmoding of /volume1/web. Did you have any issues with the setup wizard that you step through during the install?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
NewsGroupDirect is my primary provider, I have an Astraweb block for fills.

I'd like to add another big (~1TB) non-expiring block for fills, for a similar-ish price ($30-50), on another host (not Highwinds/HW reseller). Any options I should be looking at? Blocknews is pretty expensive.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Sub Rosa posted:

No, everything was created automagically. Only thing I had issues with in terms of setup of everything after upgrading to 5.0 actually was ruTorrent needing some chmoding of /volume1/web. Did you have any issues with the setup wizard that you step through during the install?

I don't see any users outside of my created ones. Only thing I changed in the wizard that loaded was where the download folder is because I couldn't make it in Root. I uninstalled and reinstalled with the folder created but got the same error.

Irritated Goat fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 28, 2014

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Sorry for the dummy-question but what do I do in SONARRRRRRRR to make shows that already have an episode NOT download it again (better versions or whatever...)

porksmash
Sep 30, 2008
Turn off the monitored state by clicking the ribbon to the left of the show, season or specific episode. Filled in means it's monitoring, empty outline means it isn't.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

porksmash posted:

Turn off the monitored state by clicking the ribbon to the left of the show, season or specific episode. Filled in means it's monitoring, empty outline means it isn't.

Much obliged, sir :)

[edit] The wording on the Monitored (in show settings) tab is really funky. If I turn it off for a show, it sounds like it wouldn't even look for new upcoming episodes...

(yes I know I could go through every season and unmonitor... but that is a little tedious. (will do it if I must...))

Feenix fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Dec 29, 2014

JoeMB
Aug 13, 2011

Feenix posted:

Much obliged, sir :)

[edit] The wording on the Monitored (in show settings) tab is really funky. If I turn it off for a show, it sounds like it wouldn't even look for new upcoming episodes...

(yes I know I could go through every season and unmonitor... but that is a little tedious. (will do it if I must...))

If you go into settings you can set quality profiles. So it stops downloading when it reaches the quality cut off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rekamso
Jan 22, 2008

Skarsnik posted:

No idea where you got the idea tweaknews is now astraweb, but if you can bear a reddit link this seems to be the most up to date map

https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/wiki/providers

Thanks, that map looks great.

Tweaknews is its own thing and ngroups isn't astraweb either.

I just fail at reading columns in sabnzbd. :sadwave: