Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

Oh god I've got channel 9 commentary and I dont like it one bit

What about them cuddles then mate you like em don't ya hahahahahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

serious gaylord posted:

I Have No AM Radio And I Must Scream.

Whatever Smith's on, I want some!

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Remember when Smith was a big joke in this thread? Those were the days.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Onya Smithy. What a series he's having.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Clarke must be well keyed up in media circles, he's soon got in with the commentary. Don't hear so much about him being a massive oval office who divides the team these days either.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
My guess is it was the easiest way to stop him tweeting all match every match.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Quality leave there from Braddin

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Jesus this commentary is quite possibly the worst i've ever heard.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

serious gaylord posted:

Jesus this commentary is quite possibly the worst i've ever heard.

I dunno I'm enjoying Chappell destroying Dhoni

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
You kind of eventually go numb to how bad it is until Bill Lawry gets on for a chat (or you turn on Grandstand but I don't have an AM radio at home). poo poo, I even look forward to hearing Chappell commentate nowadays because the other commentators are universally and consistently awful to listen to, except for a few select moments/topics, like if Healy talks about wicketkeeping or if Shane Warne is saying nothing at all.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
The first thing chappell talks about every morning is how poo poo Dhoni is, he seems to really hate him

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Scylo posted:

The first thing chappell talks about every morning is how poo poo Dhoni is, he seems to really hate him

Dhoni's an idiot clown.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
"If you're the Indian fast bowling coach - I don't even know who that is, by the way...

James Brayshaw, professional cricket commentator.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The weird graphics overlayed when the bowler is running in. The KFC trivia, the awful anecdotes.

This may cause a brain tumour.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
You're the one who chose to watch Australian television, you deserve everything you get

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
I'm watching Sky.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Mitchell Johnson is a better all rounder than Watson. He should bat at 3.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Sri Lanka gonna be following on.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

goatface posted:

Sri Lanka gonna be following on.

l can't remember the last time Bmac took the follow on, if he ever has.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

MacDougall posted:

Mitchell Johnson is a better all rounder than Watson. He should bat at 3.

Out for 28? Pretty similar if you ask me

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
As well as having dumpster gloves, Dhoni is also a probable white collar criminal

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Out for 28? Pretty similar if you ask me

Yeah going the tonk batting in the lower order.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Love the Indian fans calling for a relegation/promotion system on the cricinfo comments, they will be all for it until they realise their team is so poo poo they should be relegated

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Knuc U Kinte posted:

l can't remember the last time Bmac took the follow on, if he ever has.

Year ago, against the Windies http://www.espncricinfo.com/newzealand/engine/match/661681.html

Even has the same first innings total.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

serious gaylord posted:

the other option would be indian commentary which somehow manages to be worse!

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

EMC posted:

Love the Indian fans calling for a relegation/promotion system on the cricinfo comments, they will be all for it until they realise their team is so poo poo they should be relegated

please don't be rude to good cricket nations like ireland

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

IceAgeComing posted:

please don't be rude to good cricket nations like ireland

With the way our respective series are going India are about to be relegated by NZ to the 6th-10th range in a theoretical 2 tier system.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Any relegation system would be built around the big three always being in the top division.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They were talking about it being 4-4 system, with the three and one other in the top league, the second tier being made up of the next four, and then whoever's worst playing the associates.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

goatface posted:

They were talking about it being 4-4 system, with the three and one other in the top league, the second tier being made up of the next four, and then whoever's worst playing the associates.

So with SA in the mix the top 4 is set forever, that's a great way to grow the game and avoid stagnation.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Big Wagner fan here, always believed in him. Neil Wagner is a good bowler is something you might hear me say in regular conversation.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Big Wagner fan here, always believed in him. Neil Wagner is a good bowler is something you might hear me say in regular conversation.

But when you do is it Wag-ner or Vag-ner?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Ratios and Tendency posted:

He's a bit inconsistent, can be very expensive then at other times he's near unplayable. What I like about him is on tougher days he can come back really strong for extended 2nd & 3rd spells with the old ball and get something out of it.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
Just watching Australia bat, which team historically had the strongest tail? I'm thinking this team must be getting up there, even our future bowlers like Starc and Pattinson can bat really well.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

This effort in the field from India is just amazing to watch. Need to have some kind of highlight reel once the series is done

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
New Zealand enforced the follow. Wonder if they can polish the test off in 2 days

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Coucho Marx posted:

Just watching Australia bat, which team historically had the strongest tail? I'm thinking this team must be getting up there, even our future bowlers like Starc and Pattinson can bat really well.

This really would be close, for Australian teams anyway. We can generally pen down at least 50 runs minimum from the tail.

Gillespie/McGrath is easily the best tail partnership in history though. Unstoppable.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Coucho Marx posted:

We bat quite deep at the moment, but this South African line up would have to be the strongest I've seen http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63780.html
Klusener at ten and Symcox eleven is crazy. The only player without a test hundred is Adam Bacher the opener

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Shmoses posted:

We bat quite deep at the moment, but this South African line up would have to be the strongest I've seen http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63780.html
Klusener at ten and Symcox eleven is crazy. The only player without a test hundred is Adam Bacher the opener

Is that the game Cronje put a stump through the umpires door?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Johnson
Starc
Agar
Pattinson

= RUNS

• Locked thread