Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Ahahahaha. Should've never made that suicide pact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smilin Joe Fission
Jan 24, 2007
Sorry if this isn't the best thread for this, but I figured people here probably know more about CoD Ghosts than any other active threads. X-posting from Steam sale thread:

I picked up CoD: Ghosts for $15 since I've always enjoyed the CoD games despite their share of problems. Apparently the game really likes 6 gigs of RAM or more, but from what I've read it will run in 4 (which I have). I've literally never seen a game before that claims to require more than 4 gigs of RAM, so I wasn't paying attention.

Am I correct in assuming that the Steam version has all the proper patches, etc already applied to allow it to run in 4 gigs? So far I can't get past the loading screens and into an actual mission, but I'm trying to figure out whether that's due to not having some patch that I need, or if I just need to tweak the Advanced graphics settings. I already have everything at near minimal settings. With a 2.8 GHz Core i5, 4 GB RAM, and GTX 460 w/ 1 GB of video RAM it doesn't seem like I should have to turn everything down to the bare minimum. CoD MW3 (edit: and Black Ops II) ran at near maximum graphical settings in the highest resolution with no problem, so Ghosts must be horrendously non-optimized and inefficient in comparison.

Anyone had luck playing the game on a similarly powered system? What settings worked if so?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Smilin Joe Fission posted:

Sorry if this isn't the best thread for this, but I figured people here probably know more about CoD Ghosts than any other active threads. X-posting from Steam sale thread:

I picked up CoD: Ghosts for $15 since I've always enjoyed the CoD games despite their share of problems. Apparently the game really likes 6 gigs of RAM or more, but from what I've read it will run in 4 (which I have). I've literally never seen a game before that claims to require more than 4 gigs of RAM, so I wasn't paying attention.

Am I correct in assuming that the Steam version has all the proper patches, etc already applied to allow it to run in 4 gigs? So far I can't get past the loading screens and into an actual mission, but I'm trying to figure out whether that's due to not having some patch that I need, or if I just need to tweak the Advanced graphics settings. I already have everything at near minimal settings. With a 2.8 GHz Core i5, 4 GB RAM, and GTX 460 w/ 1 GB of video RAM it doesn't seem like I should have to turn everything down to the bare minimum. CoD MW3 (edit: and Black Ops II) ran at near maximum graphical settings in the highest resolution with no problem, so Ghosts must be horrendously non-optimized and inefficient in comparison.

Anyone had luck playing the game on a similarly powered system? What settings worked if so?

Pretty sure Xbox live and the PlayStation network are getting ddosed right now. You'll just have to wait.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

I'm sorry.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Ghosts on PC was pretty much an abortion and I don't think you'll find anyone even in the PC threads here that will be of much help. There's a reason it's the only COD game that's been on sale on Steam for more than something retarded like 10% off, and a reason it's less popular on Steam than Blops 1 as of like last month.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

There's a CoD thread in Imp Zone somewhere and I think most of those posters got the PC version.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I tried to play yesterday but drat dudes attacked the PSN servers again

Gonna get on this weekend though for sure and that x-mas newb action :getin:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Finster Dexter posted:

There's a CoD thread in Imp Zone somewhere and I think most of those posters got the PC version.

Where they belong. :colbert:

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

puppy party posted:

Next to nobody plays anymore. Save your moon bucks for next years disappointment that even less people will play.

Don't worry Yeyo plays enough for all of us to count.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
This is my fall-back game. I never play it for very long, but when I'm on my PS4 and I can't decide what I feel like playing, I start this up and go a few matches. It's a good one to have digitally for that reason, I think.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Can I get an invite for BOYS? I want to participate in this weekend's clan war.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
http://charlieintel.com/2014/12/26/new-one-shot-playlist-now-live-advanced-warfare-double-xp-2xp-ends-dec-29th/

There's people bitching about it in the comments already.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I read KimDotcom paid off lizard squad to get xbox live and PSN back up. What the hell kind of a world do we live in?

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Zombie Boat posted:

I read KimDotcom paid off lizard squad to get xbox live and PSN back up. What the hell kind of a world do we live in?

The kind of world that has non-military organizations named Lizard Squad.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I can log in to xbox live just fine but it took me like four tries to launch the game and it took a while to do that (fuckin' xbox) and I can't get into games. I'll either stall out on searching for a game, I'll be put into a lobby and be dropped, or it'll just stop out and say the connection to xbox live is interrupted.

All I want to do is get some ameli kills is that so much to ask?

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Does anyone here own a scuf controller? I just got mine today and the sticks keep getting stuck at the bottom. Is this normal? Do I just need to use them more to break them in? I'm not sure how worried I should be.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Is that like a poor man's xim or what?

Also Cactusmas, this is exactly what I meant; you got us in a lobby, I was booted to the main menu, invites broke, I got three sequential errors and xbox live dropped me.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Any tips on using the RW1? I really like idea of the gun and I want to pretend I'm Lance Hendriksen from Hard Target while using it, but I'm bad at Call of Duty and I miss with it or it hits but doesn't kill the person and he turns and kills me. What's the maximum range for the one-hit kill for it? What's that knife add-on do? Which add-on should be priority?

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Hopping on for some games if anyone wants to play. Gt: Jack5434.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Nighthand posted:

Is that like a poor man's xim or what?

Also Cactusmas, this is exactly what I meant; you got us in a lobby, I was booted to the main menu, invites broke, I got three sequential errors and xbox live dropped me.

It's an over priced dual shock 4 with map able buttons. But it's a gift and was expensive, so I'd like to make sure it works properly.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Now experiencing the same problems Nighthand was talking about.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
You guys should obviously be playing the sniper only double XP playlist to get into games.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
I'll be playing BLOPS2 if anyone wants to join me. gently caress this lovely rear end game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

DJCobol posted:

I'll be playing BLOPS2 if anyone wants to join me. gently caress this lovely rear end game.

360? Now?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
new clan war today?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

sba posted:

new clan war today?

Hour-forty away, yeah.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

PSN being hammered again.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

One mediocre win put BOYS back into platinum, are there actually divisions between bronze and platinum?

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Nighthand posted:

One mediocre win put BOYS back into platinum, are there actually divisions between bronze and platinum?

SIlver and Gold v:shobon:v

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
is anyone else having a SHITLOAD of trouble just getting the loving game to load?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I think both XBL and PSN are having shitfits with that stupid Lizard Squad still DDoS'ing servers. PSN is completely down, wondering if they'll redo the clan wars on PS only maybe next weekend?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Xbox Live has been fine for me since about 2am GMT Boxing Day having been down for about 12 hours. I think PSN has been having trouble for the past week.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Xbox Live has been fine for me since about 2am GMT Boxing Day having been down for about 12 hours. I think PSN has been having trouble for the past week.

It was on for several hours after 3am eastern last night. It was down again by 11, if not earlier.
Oh well, at least I got the pinball pack with T2.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

That clan war got pushed back to tomorrow around this time.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
XBL appears to be down again, and when it's not down, the game/XBL still work like poo poo.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
Had a bunch of really good games and now I think live is broken again.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

penis bandana posted:

Had a bunch of really good games and now I think live is broken again.

Maybe you guys just can't play unless I'm host or something.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.
Toast did you get an xbone? Your xbox icon changed and it shows your stats for me now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Quabzor posted:

Toast did you get an xbone? Your player card changed and it shows your stats for me now.

I did. I'm also sick and still downloading things.

• Locked thread