Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

homeless snail posted:

You barely need camera control in Monster Hunter, especially in 3U after they added lock on. It plays perfectly well without it. Some people have issues with the underwater battles but the bottom screen virtual dpad works fine for those.

I should say as well, I was never able to get the virtual d-pad to work, ever. No idea if my touch screen has some dead spots or if my fingers are too fat/small to deal with it, but I basically had to use the lock-on method or nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Cool. I know where the last of my spare post-christmas cash is going, thanks guys!

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Cool. I know where the last of my spare post-christmas cash is going, thanks guys!

If the game clicks for you, you will get a HUGE amount of hours out of the game. Great payoff for that price.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

hmm I guess I'll pick up Shantae while it's on sale. I am near the end of the GBC game, is it worth beating? Getting around the world in that game is annoying as hell, and I missed like almost all of those stupid squids so I can't teleport. Should I bother beating it? I'd also like to play the DSiware game if possible.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Yeah, once you get the Harpy transformation its way easier to navigate.

Also the DSiware game is pretty good, music is nice, graphics are very much like a good looking GBA game and there's more upgrades, though I'd personally buy the PC version over the DSi version on the account that its $5 cheaper.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Is Shantae and the Pirate Curse supposed to be $15 on the 3DS or Wii U shop? Because it's still listed as full price on the 3DS shop for me...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

LightningKimba posted:

Is Shantae and the Pirate Curse supposed to be $15 on the 3DS or Wii U shop? Because it's still listed as full price on the 3DS shop for me...

It just came out on Wii U, so it's definitely not on sale there.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They're having difficulties getting the sale started. Hang in there.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Waffleman_ posted:

They're having difficulties getting the sale started. Hang in there.

Ohh, all right, I was just curious what the hold up was! :shobon:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
So...

Armillo?

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Yeah, Armillo's pretty cool. Go for it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA dudes, the Hyrule Warriors costumes are available for purchase! Ocarina/Twilight/Skyward packs for Link/Zelda, plus a Ganondorf pack, 99c each.

You can also download the Pokemon OR/AS demo direct from the eShop now, if that's something you still want or need.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Okay, I wonder why they didn't just drop them on Xmas like Europe did. But no matter, its nice that they're cheap.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA dudes, the Hyrule Warriors costumes are available for purchase! Ocarina/Twilight/Skyward packs for Link/Zelda, plus a Ganondorf pack, 99c each.

You can also download the Pokemon OR/AS demo direct from the eShop now, if that's something you still want or need.

Are the Ganondorf ones the same as the ones you got for registering it early? I bought it release day but forgot to register it in time and have been annoyed since.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yup, all those costume packs are the ones they gave away as pre-order/Club Nintendo bonuses.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Heads-up: The Gameboy VC version of Tetris will be removed from the 3DS eShop, at least in the UK, on the 31st.

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib
Kind of a weird question, but does anyone know if Super Mario Advance 2 has the terrible lag that the normal SNES version has? I'm down to muscle memory with that game and the lag throws me off and makes it very unenjoyable. I know it's not my TV because it's on the gamepad also. I'd hate to spend $8 on another unplayable version, but I really want to accessible for off screen play!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
They're perfect ROMs, right down to the slowdown.

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

They're perfect ROMs, right down to the slowdown.

That's mostly true for the Wii, but the Wii U versions do have input lag for whatever reason. I don't notice it in most games, but I'm familiar enough with Mario World that it's painful. I've seen a number of people reference it online, so I don't feel too crazy.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
It still seems kind of ridiculous to have the SNES and GBA versions of Super Mario World on the eShop. Unless they're planning on removing the SNES version I don't know why they bothered. I mean the Mario Bros. remake was already on the original Super Mario Advance too so it's not even like that's a factor.

So I have a question that might sound dumb but it's seriously bothering me. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is on sale for a crazy price...not as crazy as Darksiders 2 was, but still. It's come down to a choice between that, or Pokemon Rumble U for me. Most people would say Monster Hunter is the clear winner...but I've never played a Monster Hunter game before and I'm not too big on real-time combat RPGs. I don't hate them (Star Ocean remains one of my favorite games) but it has in the past ruined RPGs for me (Valkyria Chronicles I'm looking at you).

The bigger problem I'm worried about, and I'm not entirely sure if anyone here would know, is if Pokemon Rumble U isn't that great for any particular reasons. I loved the hell out of Rumble Blast and I'm of course a Dynasty Warriors fan, so if it's just the standard criticisms of "Repetitive and dull" then that doesn't bother me, but if there's other issues with the game I'd like to know about before I pick it up. Anyone know anything, or have any suggestion on which might be the better choice?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Pokemon Rumble U is the worst of all the Rumble games - they pared it back to just the arena, and you can't really customise your dudes unless you buy the NFC figurines.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
Rumble U is a massive step down, if you want a really good Pokemon Rumble game, buy the 3ds one. With that being said, Monster Hunter is very hit or miss, though 3U has a lot of mechanics and quality-of-life improvements from the previous generation.

If you really want to waste 15 dollars, gently caress Rumble U, get MH3U, you have at least a chance of liking it.

e: Missed the part where you said you loved the 3ds Rumble game. Yeah straight up gently caress the WiiU one, go for MH then

Reoxygenation fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Dec 29, 2014

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Pokemon Rumble U is the worst of all the Rumble games - they pared it back to just the arena, and you can't really customise your dudes unless you buy the NFC figurines.

Reoxygenation posted:

If you really want to waste 15 dollars, gently caress Rumble U, get MH3U, you have at least a chance of liking it.

Sweet, thanks guys, glad I didn't buy Rumble U on impulse then, that sounds like poo poo. Monster Hunter it is then!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

VladimirLeninpest posted:

Kind of a weird question, but does anyone know if Super Mario Advance 2 has the terrible lag that the normal SNES version has? I'm down to muscle memory with that game and the lag throws me off and makes it very unenjoyable. I know it's not my TV because it's on the gamepad also. I'd hate to spend $8 on another unplayable version, but I really want to accessible for off screen play!

What slowdown? Is there something wrong with the Wii U version?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's an emulator input lag issue. I've never noticed it with SNES games but NES games definitely have it.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

I couldn't even find those NFC figures once the game launched so I gave up looking for them after about a month. I guess GameStop was the only store selling them but I was hearing that folks were buying what little stock they would have as they were available, like proto-amiibos.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mercury Crusader posted:

I couldn't even find those NFC figures once the game launched so I gave up looking for them after about a month. I guess GameStop was the only store selling them but I was hearing that folks were buying what little stock they would have as they were available, like proto-amiibos.

I bought a few because they were cool and stylised but they were also blind bagged which kinda killed it out the gate. Nintendo gave out codes for all the characters on Twitter anyway.

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib

It's an emulator input lag issue. I've never noticed it with SNES games but NES games definitely have it.

Yeah, I never noticed it while playing other SNES games, but Mario definitely has it. The GBA emulator seems to be much better, though, so I'm hoping it doesn't lag. I guess I'll try it out and see!

:Edit: I can confirm that the GBA version is lag free! Hallelujah! Easily the definitive version on the Wii U, despite the much, much worse music. Lots of nice QOL changes that make playing it a lot more modern too.

VladimirLeninpest fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Dec 29, 2014

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I got one of the Rumble U toys just because I wanted a cute Pokemon figure. Any time I asked about them afterwards, in two different Gamestops, I was told someone had bought their entire display box of blind packs.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of January 1):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (January 2nd) - €39.99 / £34.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    F-Zero GP Legend (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
    Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own Shovel Knight on 3DS, get the Wii U version for 33% off! - runs until January 1
    Buy NSMBU digitally, get Luigi U for free! - runs from January 1-8[/u]
    Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) - €39.99 / £34.99 until January 1
    Assassin's Creed 3 (Wii U) - €9.99 / £7.99 until January 1
    Assassin's Creed 4 (Wii U) - €14.99 / £9.99 until January 1
    Marvel Avegers: Battle for Earth (Wii U) - €4.99 / £3.99 until January 1
    Rabbids Land (Wii U) - €4.99 / £3.99 until January 1
    Rayman Legends (Wii U) - €14.99 / £11.99 until January 1
    Sports Connection (Wii U) - €4.99 / £3.99 until January 1
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist (Wii U) - €9.99 / £6.49 until January 1
    ZombiU (Wii U) - €9.99 / £7.99 until January 1
    Just Dance 2015 v - €29.99 / £22.99 until January 1
    WATCH_DOGS (Wii U) - €39.99 / £33.99 until January 1
    Cloudberry Kingdom (Wii U eShop) - €4.89 / £3.89 until January 1
    Child of Light (Wii U eShop) - €4.89 / £3.89 until January 1
    Knytt Underground (Wii U eShop) - €4.45 / £3.99 until January 1
    Pure Chess (Wii U eShop) - €2.99 / £2.49 until January 1
    Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until January 1
    Scram Kitty and His Buddy On Raila (Wii U) - €4.99 / £4.49 until January 1
    SteamWorld Dig (Wii U eShop) - €4.49 / £3.49 until January 1
    Toki Tori 2+ (Wii U eShop) - €2.99 / £2.49 until January 7
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U) - €29.99 / £24.99 from January 1-8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U eShop) - €9.99 / £8.66 from January 1-8
    Armillo (Wii U eShop) - €3.00 / £2.75 until January 8
    Art of Balance (Wii U eShop) - €6.70 / £5.35 until January 8
    Little Inferno (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until January 8
    Nano Assault Neo (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / £6.70 until January 8
    Darts Up (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until January 8
    Gravity Badgers (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.99 until January 8
    Master Reboot (Wii U eShop) - €4.79 / £3.99 until January 8
    Turtle Tale (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.65 until January 8
    TNI Racing: Nitro Machines Edition (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until January 8
    Rock Zombie (Wii U) - €4.89 / £4.29 until January 15
    Fit Music for Wii U (Wii U) - €14.90 / £12.40 until January 30
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (Wii U) - €14.90 / £12.40 until January 30

3DS MENU THEMES
    Pokemon: Slowpoke - €1.99 / £1.79
    NES Fire-Breathing Bowser - €1.99 / £1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own Shovel Knight on Wii U, get the 3DS version for 33% off! - runs until January 1
    Mindfeud (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until December 31
    Toys vs. Monsters (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.99 until December 31
    Van Helsing Sniper ZX100 (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.99 until December 31
    Bravely Default (3DS) - €29.99 / £25.99 until January 1
    Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until January 1
    Sayonara Umihara Kawase (3DS eShop) - €12.40 / £9.80 until January 1
    Code of Princess (3DS eShop) - €20.50 / £17.25 until January 1
    Steamworld Dig (3DS eShop) - €4.49 / £3.99 until January 1
    AeternoBlade (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.40 until January 1
    Witch & Hero (3DS eShop) - €1.99/£1.79 until January 1
    Pure Chess (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.49 until January 1
    Inazuma Eleven (3DS eShop) - €9.99 until January 4
    Aero Porter (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until January 4
    Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until January 4
    Bugs vs. Tanks! (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until January 4
    Crimson Shroud (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until January 4
    Liberation Maiden (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until January 4
    Sharship Damrey (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until January 4
    Weapon Shop de Omasse (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until January 4
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS) - €22.49 / £19.99 from January 1-8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U eShop) - €9.99 / £8.66 from January 1-8
    eskapeVektor (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.99 until January 8
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.09 until January 8
    Art of Balance TOUCH! (3DS eShop) - €5.20 / £4.70 until January 8
    Darts Up (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.89 until January 8
    Demon King Box (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.19 until January 8
    European Conqueror 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.49 until January 8
    Football Up 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.56 until January 8
    Football Up 3D (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until January 8
    Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH (3DS eShop) - €2.20 / £1.85 until January 8
    Fractured Soul (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £1.99 until January 8
    Glory of General 3D (3DS eShop) - €6.99 / £5.99 until January 8
    Jett Rockett 2: Wrath of Taikai (3DS eShop) - €6.70 / £5.70 until January 8
    KORG DSN-12 (3DS eShop) - €14.99 / £12.49 until January 8
    KORG M01D (3DS eShop) - €12.49 / £9.99 until January 8
    Nano Assault EX (3DS eShop) - €7.49 / £6.35 until January 8
    KORG DSN-12 (3DS eShop) - €14.99 / £12.49 until January 8
    Turtle Tale (3DS eShop) - [i]€1.99 / £1.65 until January 8

Winter Sports 2012 - Feel the Spirit (3DS eShop) - [i]€5.99 / £5.39 until January 8

Yes, the Slowpoke menu theme plays the Slowpoke reggae song.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Does animal crossing: new leaf ever go on sale? Thinking about picking it up as a digital download

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Man, I'd probably get the Slowpoke theme if I was into theme buying. It's just hilarious.

Question, the Inazuma Eleven on the eShop is a remake of the original one or one of the newer ones without a number attached because Marketing(tm)? And if it's a remake, is it worth if you already own the original?

Brasseye posted:

Does animal crossing: new leaf ever go on sale? Thinking about picking it up as a digital download

This one time there was a Smash promo sale. This one time. Don't expect to see it on sale any time soon if ever.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Saoshyant posted:

Man, I'd probably get the Slowpoke theme if I was into theme buying. It's just hilarious.

Question, the Inazuma Eleven on the eShop is a remake of the original one or one of the newer ones without a number attached because Marketing(tm)? And if it's a remake, is it worth if you already own the original?

This one time there was a Smash promo sale. This one time. Don't expect to see it on sale any time soon if ever.

Inazuma 3DS is the first game with some better graphics. Mostly character portraits and such.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Twelve by Pies posted:

Sweet, thanks guys, glad I didn't buy Rumble U on impulse then, that sounds like poo poo. Monster Hunter it is then!

Good, now I can play with someone as green as I am! Nothing beats cracking a dragon's head crest off and harvesting what you find in it.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
...well drat, I should have waited. I bought Shovel Knight only yesterday.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Thanks, this made me check mine and I need 33 points. Is there something for $1 on the WiiU shop?

Soylent Heliotrope
Jan 27, 2009

Sacred Stones and F-Zero GP Legend are two of my favorite GBA games and I will snap them both up in a heartbeat. NA had better be getting them soon.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Louisgod posted:

Thanks, this made me check mine and I need 33 points. Is there something for $1 on the WiiU shop?

Edge, Rush, and Toki Tori 1 are all good games on sale right now for $1.50 each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

elf help book posted:

Edge, Rush, and Toki Tori 1 are all good games on sale right now for $1.50 each.

Appreciate it, I'll grab one a bit later.