Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Fi is a beast. Make sure her C1 is always active and scoop up as many people as possible all the time.

E: Is there any way to manipulate what kind of poo poo you get for Network Links? I always seem to get the Garudo Desert stage and weapons for Fi or Sheik. Yesterday I had 3 Garudo Deserts and 5 Fi Swords. I need good weapons for other people. game. :(

Jibo fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Dec 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

what do you do with weapons you don't want? I didn't see a sell or destroy button anywhere

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Awesome! posted:

what do you do with weapons you don't want? I didn't see a sell or destroy button anywhere

It's really dumb but you can sell weapons only when you have too many weapons to carry. I think you can have 10 of any given weapon? Once you're over that then you get prompted to sell weapons.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
When you get more than ten of a single weapon type then you get a sell screen, and you can sell as many as you want.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Awesome! posted:

You sell them, but you can only do it after a mission when you get more than 10 of a particular weapon.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Jibo posted:

Fi is a beast. Make sure her C1 is always active and scoop up as many people as possible all the time.

E: Is there any way to manipulate what kind of poo poo you get for Network Links? I always seem to get the Garudo Desert stage and weapons for Fi or Sheik. Yesterday I had 3 Garudo Deserts and 5 Fi Swords. I need good weapons for other people. game. :(

Network Links will ONLY offer Level Three versions of weapons you've already unlocked. For example, if you only have Sheik's Level Two Harp, you'll never get a Sheik item drop.

So, the reason you don't get anything good is because you don't have enough level three versions of weapons for your warriors yet!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Spectacle Rock posted:

Network Links will ONLY offer Level Three versions of weapons you've already unlocked. For example, if you only have Sheik's Level Two Harp, you'll never get a Sheik item drop.

So, the reason you don't get anything good is because you don't have enough level three versions of weapons for your warriors yet!

Nah, I've got all the level 3s except for Great Fairy, Hammer, Gates and Parasol and have for a while. I think I'm just unlucky.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Jibo posted:

I seem to pretty much always get the Faron Woods where you have to take some keeps when I do a network Link battle. It's gotten to the point where I usually skip the network Links because I'm like "gently caress I don't want to do that drat Faron Woods level again."

The Gerudo Desert level is insane because practically ever officer bum-rushes the keep you start outside of so I'm usually fighting about seven officers at once, and of course then reinforcements show up, and then the rest of the officers rush that keep when you clear the first mission. So it's basically just fighting inside that one keep for the entire level. I'm actually okay with that one.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Twelve by Pies posted:

I seem to pretty much always get the Faron Woods where you have to take some keeps when I do a network Link battle. It's gotten to the point where I usually skip the network Links because I'm like "gently caress I don't want to do that drat Faron Woods level again."

The Gerudo Desert level is insane because practically ever officer bum-rushes the keep you start outside of so I'm usually fighting about seven officers at once, and of course then reinforcements show up, and then the rest of the officers rush that keep when you clear the first mission. So it's basically just fighting inside that one keep for the entire level. I'm actually okay with that one.

That would be a pretty good new map type for the new DLC. Timed spawns of stuff in a single keep. Kill fast or get overwhelmed.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Twelve by Pies posted:

I have done it so many times now that I pretty much have it all figured out. Run to where the northern-most messenger spawns and fight the named officer (almost always Impa, Link, or Lana) until the messengers pop up, drop the messengers, run back up and finish up the named officer, hit the northern group of dudes approaching your keep, work your way down to the southern targeted enemy, take him out, then run straight across to the commander. I haven't really been keeping track of my best times but as far as I know the best I did was yesterday when I got the whole thing done in 3:20.

I've had the Faron Woods one a few times and out of all of them I've done it's the most difficult/time consuming. I've also been getting Eldin Caves a lot lately and that one is an absolute breeze compared to the rest. I used to get Palace of Twilight all the time and that one is also pretty quick but I have trouble getting my magic filled before I hit the commander.

I think I like the Network Link battles the best because they all can be completed reasonably quickly and don't require any specific rank and of course you get a poo poo ton of rupees. I've spent a few weeks where Network Links are all I do.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i thought legend mode was going to wrap up when i beat cia and was thinking it was pretty short but adventure and free and challenge mode would add lots of content. i should have more faith in nintendo

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
Legend is pretty long, actually

Adventure/Free are pretty good

Challenge is a joke, tbh, it's only got one map so far, maybe we'll get more eventually?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
By this point like 95% of the game is Adventure Mode if you include the DLC. Clearing the three maps would probably take north of 100 hours.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

Clearing the first map isn't that bad or long if you know what you're doing(compared to the other two), but a lot of it is fairly straight foward. The MQ map is longer because you have to do maps several times (for item cards, A ranks, skulltulas) and because you have to go back, because it's not as straight foward as the first map. Haven't played much of the Twilight map yet, cause my WiiU bricked and I lost my saves, but it's definitely harder and takes a while to complete, even if there's less squares.

Just my 2 cents

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Speaking of Skulltulas, any advice on finding them? I only got this game yesterday, and so far I've only gotten to one mission short of the routes rejoining in Adventure mode but haven't even gotten the first Skulltula, you know, the anyone can get it after 1000 kills one. I have no loving clue what I'm looking for in those cases.

Also, after reading Setz's comics on the game, I thought he was being a bit harsh towards Lana. After playing the game I have come to agree with his position (that she is annoying , unnecessary and out of place).

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I got this game to play with my little brother. Something we noticed is that he can choose to play as the villains but I can not. What's the deal there? I wanted to play as the :shivdurf: wizard.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Ashsaber posted:

Also, after reading Setz's comics on the game, I thought he was being a bit harsh towards Lana. After playing the game I have come to agree with his position (that she is annoying , unnecessary and out of place).

sorry lana is the best until they add groose

since they aren't ever gonna add groose (rip the dream) she is therefore the best

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

I got this game to play with my little brother. Something we noticed is that he can choose to play as the villains but I can not. What's the deal there? I wanted to play as the :shivdurf: wizard.

I've never played Co-op but I think what's happening here is that you're playing Legend mode. In that mode the first player has to use one of the story required characters, and the second player can pick whoever. You do need to go through legend mode once to complete the story, but after that if you want to just mess around with any characters and not try to specifically unlock things, just select Free Mode and you can replay any of the story levels with whatever characters you want.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Did you get the patch that enabled them?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Goodbye Groose! Walk Into the Sunset With Your Head Held High!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'm starting to get into Adventure Mode and between the normal map and the two dlc maps available I feel like there's a lot I just don't know in terms of actual map interaction and I don't feel like grinding for compasses. Is there a comprehensive, up-to-date guide anyone could recommend? I ask because I searched around and everything I found was walls of text and after wasting a couple candles to ambiguous descriptions I hoped someone here might have a better resource.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

13/f/cali posted:

I'm starting to get into Adventure Mode and between the normal map and the two dlc maps available I feel like there's a lot I just don't know in terms of actual map interaction and I don't feel like grinding for compasses. Is there a comprehensive, up-to-date guide anyone could recommend? I ask because I searched around and everything I found was walls of text and after wasting a couple candles to ambiguous descriptions I hoped someone here might have a better resource.

http://i.imgur.com/DCyhFWe.png

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

That's a start, thanks. Are there any similar maps for Master Quest and Twilight?

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

The twilight ones are really obvious and the MQ one uses the 2nd quest map so a lot of things are similar, save the oddball bush requiring a recorder

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

Ashsaber posted:

Speaking of Skulltulas, any advice on finding them? I only got this game yesterday, and so far I've only gotten to one mission short of the routes rejoining in Adventure mode but haven't even gotten the first Skulltula, you know, the anyone can get it after 1000 kills one. I have no loving clue what I'm looking for in those cases.

Basically, after you get 1000 kills, there'll be a spider web that appears somewhere on the minimap. The skulltula is on the ground or on a wall within that space. you can listen to the game audio because the music will go quiet and you can hear it rustling if you get close. Often times they're in corners or otherwise slightly-out-of-the-way places

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Ashsaber posted:

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/wiki/Hyrule_Warriors_Gold_Skulltulas

That will tell you where they are in each map (and how to unlock the ones when you get to hard mode)

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Reoxygenation posted:

Challenge is a joke, tbh, it's only got one map so far, maybe we'll get more eventually?

Collecting Skulltulas unlocks more Challenge maps, but I can't even get a good grasp of the one you have to finish for the zora tunic

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Excels posted:

Collecting Skulltulas unlocks more Challenge maps, but I can't even get a good grasp of the one you have to finish for the zora tunic

Those are Reward maps. The Challenge mode is one of the things you can select from the main menu and it's pretty pointless. I never actually went back to beat it once I got strong enough because it's not very interesting.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Those are Reward maps. The Challenge mode is one of the things you can select from the main menu and it's pretty pointless. I never actually went back to beat it once I got strong enough because it's not very interesting.

wait so what is the point of challenge mode at all then

i thought finishing pictures unlocked more of them, though i haven't managed to finish any of the skull pictures.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

13/f/cali posted:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/hyrule-warriors/Row_1 is what I use. Although looking at it again, it doesn't seem to cover more than a row or two in the later maps, so I guess I'd better grab a link or two from here.

Also, I'm STILL amazed at how playable everyone is in this game despite there being so many characters. Even Agitha at least has ridiculous crowd-sweeping weak point breaks and drops gigantic beetles on entire armies and brings down Imprisoned with relative ease; and Zant is hilarious to watch and easy to get into deathblender mode.

ElegantFugue fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Dec 27, 2014

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Make my words, after putting off the last few today is going to be the day that I complete the weapon collection. Just Great Fairy and Hammer to go.

Yesterday I got the lvl 3 Parasol despite taking 8,700 damage. :psyduck: I never expected the game to be so forgiving toward Agitha.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

there are just some characters i cant bring myself to give a poo poo about because there are better, more efficient movesets that will always kill things faster. variety is great but some moves are just so stiff and not fun to use. all my personal gripes are just superficial details though, like darunia's hammer making that loud CLANG CLANG noise every time i press Y and stuff like that.

this is a better zelda game than zelda.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Jibo posted:

Make my words, after putting off the last few today is going to be the day that I complete the weapon collection. Just Great Fairy and Hammer to go.

Yesterday I got the lvl 3 Parasol despite taking 8,700 damage. :psyduck: I never expected the game to be so forgiving toward Agitha.

Consider she takes more damage the everyone else, I'd hope they'd be more forgiving.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

On the hardest missions, the damage cap is 10k

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

The costumes are finally available for purchase in the NA Eshop

I can finally play as SS Zelda whooo

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Reoxygenation posted:

and let me guess, you can't have them even if you bought the hero pack

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

Nah you can buy them

The only unpurchasable pack for some people is the Ganondorf one if you got them through the club nintendo promo

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Reoxygenation posted:

Finally! Thank you for letting me now. I kept checking and they were never there!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Excels posted:

and let me guess, you can't have them even if you bought the hero pack

The Hero Pack specifically only came with the 4 DLC packs, not the costumes. So they're a separate purchase for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Can you buy it from Nintendo's website to download when you're not at home? I know you can buy full downloadable games, but I dunno about DLC.

• Locked thread