Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

cursedshitbox posted:

Got married today. feels weird man.

Congrats again, dude!

Gonna drive to Wexford, PA tomorrow to see some family, should be fun. First time I've made this trip by myself, but I've been doing it since I was 9 so it shouldn't be too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

cursedshitbox posted:

gaaaaay

but for real, congrats. same to all recent engagements/marriages/etc.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

mariooncrack posted:

They got DDoS'd today. So did PSN.

So I see. Whoops!

Geirskogul posted:

What is it?

What, this?:

It's a 1959 pullout radio, basically. See http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3685035&perpage=40&pagenumber=66#post439412152 further up the page.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Could have dressed up a bit.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Just got into Coromandel Town. Never seen the gf so freaked out in a car ride before. Winding just does not even begin to describe the road. Constant curves with no shoulder and a drop to the beach that is barely wide enough for 2 cars, then all of a sudden you start going up and have a even bigger drop without a shoulder next to you. I really wish I had a dashcam with me, you really need to see these roads to understand how insane it is.

Pretty happy with the Alfa, handles really nice and goes pretty quick as long as you keep it above 3k RPM. Just gotta remember to not attempt beach driving again.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

cursedshitbox posted:

Hey, congrats CSB! At least you shouldn't have trouble remembering your anniversary!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Fart Pipe posted:

I checked my mailbox and didnt see an invite so Im kinda sad about that.

(Congrats man!)

Make it to SF in a year and you're ON.

jamal posted:

Could have dressed up a bit.

next year we'll do one with friends and such and actually dress nicely for it.
NV requires a little cheeky ceremony to perform the marriage, so it was impromptu and quick, as well as goony as gently caress.

Liquid Communism posted:

Hey, congrats CSB! At least you shouldn't have trouble remembering your anniversary!
I don't forget dates and such, but he does. :D

the worst part of all this is I'm a jeep owner now.

thanks Fuckers, Now I can be just as miserable as most of you all. :kimchi:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

drat AI, way to end 2014 on a high note. Grats CSB :D

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
Congrats shitbox.

I thought i was having a good day when i got one car running and finally got insurance on the other.

1300 bucks a year for what would be liability in the usa on a non-turbo volvo 740 is terrible car stuff though

(turn 25 next year gonna save mad bucks on my car insurance)

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

What are some good AI type books to read? I plan on reading Go Like Hell, but what else should I try reading?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
only 5 more loving lovely days to go
Though at this rate 2015 doesn't look like it's going to start out too promising either.

So what was everyone's best christmas present?
I think mine's a tie between the Ray-Bans and the rose gold money clip

I definitely gave better than I got this year with the exception of that money clip.
poo poo's baller.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
Congrats CSB, I wish you two dudes a lifetime of happiness together!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS

Blade 120 SR fixed pitch r/c heli (Lime green one in front)

Both are pretty loving awesome :allears:

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I was given a Whitman's Sampler of my own. I don't think I'll be eating any chocolate for a while.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I got some laundry detergent.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Pretty excited about my new Stanley flask. Also got an instrument of pain in the form of a bike trainer. Will keep me from getting so fat and out of shape this winter.

jamal fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Dec 27, 2014

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

only 5 more loving lovely days to go
Though at this rate 2015 doesn't look like it's going to start out too promising either.

I got 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Followed by stepping in dog poo poo as soon as I got up to get a shower. Roomies' dog apparently couldn't handle being left alone for four hours.

This not drinking anymore thing makes the holidays hard.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

A few days before Christmas, and wasn't intended as a present, but rear end in a top hat Casserole brought this thing by.

Best one in the house: stepdad got me an Ilumi, from their Kickstarter - and kept it hidden away for months. Yeah I'm a total geek for lighting stuff. I'm gonna have to eventually pick up a couple more; I can see them coming in really handy for still photography.

Dad mailed a check for $300. Holy poo poo that's going to make a huge dent in the bills, and also let me pick up some new front speakers for the Ion. The stock coaxials sound good (particularly for stock speakers in an econobox), but some Focals or Infinitys would sound better.

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum

jamal posted:

Pretty excited about my new Stanley flask. Also got an instrument of pain in the form of a bike trainer. Will keep me from getting so fat and out of shape this winter.

My brother was showing his off at the pre-christmas get together. Pretty awesome and hoping to grab myself one soon.

Negromancer posted:

Just got into Coromandel Town. Never seen the gf so freaked out in a car ride before. Winding just does not even begin to describe the road. Constant curves with no shoulder and a drop to the beach that is barely wide enough for 2 cars, then all of a sudden you start going up and have a even bigger drop without a shoulder next to you. I really wish I had a dashcam with me, you really need to see these roads to understand how insane it is.

Pretty happy with the Alfa, handles really nice and goes pretty quick as long as you keep it above 3k RPM. Just gotta remember to not attempt beach driving again.

Those roads on a sunny day just about sum up my idea of Heaven. And the wife's idea of a dizzy, nauseous Hell. If you have some spare time hit up the Buddhist commune out on the Penninsula.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I got some Iceblock moulds for christmas. Already confirmed that Gin and Tonic icy poles are awesome. What other stuff should I be sticking into these things before plunging them into the deep freeze?

tuna
Jul 17, 2003

T1g4h posted:

Blade 120 SR fixed pitch r/c heli (Lime green one in front)

Both are pretty loving awesome :allears:

Nice, I have the 120SR and have used it twice to terrify the cats before realizing I'm gonna kill one eventually, so I took it outside and wiped out half of the landlord's rose bush before calling it a day. Be careful where you use it dude.

My GF got me a 2gal Rotopax for Christmas which is exactly what I wanted. I instantly ordered another + mounting hardware for the tailgate so my offroad travels aren't so terrifying when the gas gets down to <50mi range in the middle of nowhere. Also a tailgate table for when we're camping and some other camping gear since we've picked that up a lot this year.

tuna
Jul 17, 2003

????

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

some texas redneck posted:

A few days before Christmas, and wasn't intended as a present, but rear end in a top hat Casserole brought this thing by.

It was a christmas present...for the cat.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

cursedshitbox posted:

Congratulations! Oddest looking wedding ever but also coolest :)

T-Square
May 14, 2009

My sister got me a really nice pair of brown leather wingtips and a fancy Zoo-York watch. Felt pretty classy at work today.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
Congrats on the marriage CSB.

I just got home from driving the G-wagon cross country (1200kms round trip) after spending christmas at my sisters. The old girl managed without a glitch, and i felt a redneck kinda pride when i managed to drive up the hill my sister lives on even when it was unplowed.

my wifey is kinda great. I havent been able to run proper rc races (1:8 scale buggy) since the kids showed up. had sold all my gear and so on. She had gotten me a brand new xray buggy, engine and servos and all the good stuff. she even included a "coupon" for 4 race weekends i can attend guilt free.
It was the first year the twins was old enough to really grasp christmas, was fantastic to see them so riled up and unpacking their XC skis.:3: :norway:

If not for the fact that i am spending new years day (wich is also my 30th birthday) getting radiation i would start to let up on the "gently caress 2014" stuff.

btw, the mileage a G500 gets is...not great. and for some reason, my father who was catching a ride with me (wife and kids flew over) insisted that he had do drive when we got to the mountains. Was kinda awsome seeing the old man skidding around and honking on the snowplough to go faster :D

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Congrats CSB!

My wife got my a great-looking new watch, and my parents gave us a boatload of cash for our ski trip next month. Great Christmas.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Congrats CSB!

Also I got the best clock:

(And an awesome center armrest for the FRS and some new socks)

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Congrats CSB!

I got a dashcam for christmas, might do a trial by taking a drive on the Coventry ring road.
You guys can find out why every person who goes on it says it is the most stupid road they've been on

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So protein shake for breakfast, Chipotle burrito for lunch, Totino's pizza for dinner and a few handfuls of Chicken N Bisket crackers and a huge screwdriver to top it off and at 4am the gastric pain was so intense it nearly brought me to tears. It's amusing that I only find God and beg for his forgiveness after a bad food combination.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm mounting race seats again... I'm actually starting to get good at it:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

:kimchi:
You have very nice things. I really like those pillows.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 208 days!)

For Christmas, I got the car that I've always wanted.

..several of them, actually. :haw:

E: Just realized that we should have watched Planes, Trains, and Automobiles when with relatives. drat IT.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 27, 2014

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Woo just found a great reef tank setup local at a price I can afford! My current setup isn't big enough for my fish so that's awesome...
Cars and reef tanks ruining my wallet like a hookers purse.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
On a scale of one to ten, how bad is it to want to leave your family for a month or two and live in your truck in the woods?

We've all been there, right?...

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

fjelltorsk posted:

my wifey is kinda great. I havent been able to run proper rc races (1:8 scale buggy) since the kids showed up. had sold all my gear and so on. She had gotten me a brand new xray buggy, engine and servos and all the good stuff. she even included a "coupon" for 4 race weekends i can attend guilt free.

That's a keeper! Have you posted in the RC thread here? It usually hovers on the first and second page. I've yet to build an XRAY but I lust after every one of their sedan chassis. We just don't have a good on road following where I live

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 208 days!)

I find it interesting that CSB has cleaned all of his poo poo up, sold it off, and gone full adult (including getting married). Guess that means he'll eventually fade away entirely. :comeback:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdqoNKCCt7A

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I tried to pull the lovely speakers out of the car to make sure they weren't wired out of phase with each other and they loving fell apart. Thanks PO :thumbsup:

Edit: Oh and they were out of phase too

brand engager fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 27, 2014

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

thegasman2000 posted:

Woo just found a great reef tank setup local at a price I can afford! My current setup isn't big enough for my fish so that's awesome...
Cars and reef tanks ruining my wallet like a hookers purse.

How big? I started with a ten gallon community freshwater tank when I was 15 and ended up with a 220 gallon reef.

Now my only tank is a 1.2 gallon freshwater planted tank on my desk at work. I miss having a big tank but I have no room at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
2009 GTI with 100k miles and DSG for 13000 is a bad idea for daily driver, right? I just finished paying off cc debts, time to get back into the red zone.

• Locked thread