Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

The Leak.

Because he wet his pants once in nursery and it stuck with him since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Say Nothing posted:

Now it's just a competition to see who can come up for the silliest nickname for someone both hot and cold.
Tsunderoki.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!
Katy Perry. :downs:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Say Nothing posted:

Now it's just a competition to see who can come up for the silliest nickname for someone both hot and cold.

Cot, Hold, or Chotold.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm not sure I want to know how Miss Midnight's costume helps her quirk.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Todoroki Hot Or Not is turning into what I expected Baku to be like after getting humbled.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Roland Jones posted:

Huh, just noticed that the weird kid from the non-hero class, the one with the dead eyes and wavy hair, seems to have some sort of mind control quirk or something. After Todoroki goes and freezes everything over, his method of getting away from it is sitting atop a bunch of other students who are holding him up and having some very odd, somewhat empty expressions on their faces. Nasty if that is what I think it is. I think we've got one of our big student antagonists right there.

He says "I'm used to using this quirk now" as if he had acquired it recently. Seems like he can use other people's quirks somehow. Or maybe that's reading to closely into the translation.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dr Subterfuge posted:

He says "I'm used to using this quirk now" as if he had acquired it recently. Seems like he can use other people's quirks somehow. Or maybe that's reading to closely into the translation.

It seems that he's saying that he's become proficient at using it. If it's a mind control or action compulsion quirk it's likely that he only recently gained something approaching full control over it. An inability to fully control such a quirk would most likely cause you to fail the entrance exam, just as Midoriya would have if he didn't get in off altruism.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Gyges posted:

It seems that he's saying that he's become proficient at using it. If it's a mind control or action compulsion quirk it's likely that he only recently gained something approaching full control over it. An inability to fully control such a quirk would most likely cause you to fail the entrance exam, just as Midoriya would have if he didn't get in off altruism.

I dunno, everyone else seems pretty comfortable with their power, given that they have all had them since kindergarden.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I dunno, everyone else seems pretty comfortable with their power, given that they have all had them since kindergarden.

And lots of people can't fully control their quirk. Randomly being able to hock acid loogies is pretty powerful, but if you can't do it on command it's not all that useful.

Abitha Denton
Jan 10, 2012
Not to mention there probably aren't a lot of opportunities to practice mind control that wouldn't make you a huge rear end in a top hat. Although I guess using it to make people help you win a sporting event is pretty douchey too, so maybe that's not what held him back.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I can't really think of any way for Midoriya to not do terribly unless he learns to control his ability. So that should happen soon at least.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
He's been established as good at thinking on his feet. I'm sure he'll figure something out without needing to use his power.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Kyte posted:

He's been established as good at thinking on his feet. I'm sure he'll figure something out without needing to use his power.

Or figuring out what it was about fighting Nomu that allowed him to not break himself in the process of using his powers.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Radish posted:

I'm not sure I want to know how Miss Midnight's costume helps her quirk.

Speaking of costumes, I wonder if Invisigirl has one, and whether she even bothered writing to the costume manufacturing company to request a costume.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

JosephWongKS posted:

Speaking of costumes, I wonder if Invisigirl has one, and whether she even bothered writing to the costume manufacturing company to request a costume.

I imagine she'd love having transparent clothing, so she could run around without being naked all the time.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

JosephWongKS posted:

She seemed to have a set of gloves on in the one trial, taking them off when she was working with that guy against Todoroki and the chimera octopus dude.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

gnome7 posted:

I imagine she'd love having transparent clothing, so she could run around without being naked all the time.
The superhero she fears the most? Eraserhead.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I hope invisible girl wins the race because no one was paying attention to her.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Eraserhead can't see her though.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Say Nothing posted:

He can't erase a quirk thats always on, only those that can be activated, so invisible girl and frog girl are not touched by his power.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Just because we haven't seen her with it off doesn't mean it's perpetually on in the same way as Tsuyu or the ant girl. Invisibility not being able to be turned off would be completely awful in so many ways.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I can't recall, are we caught up with the raws yet? I believe so but I'm not sure.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ The raw for 25 came out a few days ago but other than that we're caught up.

Now that you mention it, Eraserhead could probably wreck All Might since his power is a transformation/strength enhance. Unless there's some limit to how much "power" he can erase or something.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

AtomikKrab posted:

He can't erase a quirk thats always on, only those that can be activated, so invisible girl and frog girl are not touched by his power.

That may have made for a really weird birth for her mom and the doctors involved. It probably didn't kick in till she was a few years old even if she is permanently on if I recall from the earlier chapters, but it's still kind of funny to imagine regardless.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

tsob posted:

That may have made for a really weird birth for her mom and the doctors involved. It probably didn't kick in till she was a few years old even if she is permanently on if I recall from the earlier chapters, but it's still kind of funny to imagine regardless.

I think most people's quirks only manifest when they're 3-4 years old or something.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

RatHat posted:

^^^ The raw for 25 came out a few days ago but other than that we're caught up.

Now that you mention it, Eraserhead could probably wreck All Might since his power is a transformation/strength enhance. Unless there's some limit to how much "power" he can erase or something.

That's a yes but situation. Assuming he can erase All Might's powers, keep in mind that his powers are utterly ridiculous. Eraserhead has to blink every so often and All Might is insanely fast. He would have one chance--a single blink and Eraserhead loses.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not sure if this was mentioned in the comic - Are the students in the Management and Support classes participating in the same contests as the Heroics classes, or do they get their own set of contests? If it is the former, that seems rather unfair to the Management and Support students.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

I'm not sure if this was mentioned in the comic - Are the students in the Management and Support classes participating in the same contests as the Heroics classes, or do they get their own set of contests? If it is the former, that seems rather unfair to the Management and Support students.

Well, it's not like the other students don't have quirks as well.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

JosephWongKS posted:

They're presumably in the same contests given that the second stringer dude who dislikes the Heroics guys is in the race with them, getting several other students to carry him somehow. And it's not supposed to be fair really. It's supposed to be a chance to prove that even if they flunked the entrance qualifiers for the Heroics class for some reason that they really do have what it takes to actually compete with them despite that. Presumably not many people are able to show such qualities, but there's no point handicapping them in the contests and then promoting one to the Heroics class if it means they have to be hand held through the Heroics class because they're not on their level. It's a second chance to get in to that class through a back door, not a mandatory thing where they arbitrarily raise a certain number from those classes every year as incentive or anything from what I can tell.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Roland Jones posted:

She seemed to have a set of gloves on in the one trial, taking them off when she was working with that guy against Todoroki and the chimera octopus dude.

She usually wears boots too.
I bet she regretted taking those off when The Deep Fried Popsicle froze her feet to the floor.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Say Nothing posted:

She usually wears boots too.
I bet she regretted taking those off when The Deep Fried Popsicle froze her feet to the floor.

She did, there was an 'ouch ouch' panel with footprints that was pretty funny.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Dj Meow Mix posted:

She did, there was an 'ouch ouch' panel with footprints that was pretty funny.

Wait, which chapter was this?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

DrSunshine posted:

Wait, which chapter was this?

Chapter 11, very small panel, but the author covers his bases really well!

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Vanilla Ice sure is something else.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Chilly Lava is OP.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Shiverburn Galaxy is a pretty alright guy.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I personally can't wait to see Punk Hazard's dad, since he raised a kid like that.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I wonder if Hailfire Peaks or Bakugou is gonna be the first one to warm up to Deku and be the Piccolo to his Goku?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I'm more curious whether Jalapeņo Ice Cream could beat Snowflame in a fight.