Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
I've had one homeless dude give me a thumbs up as I was parking, and a bro at the beach last weekend yelled "Nice bike!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

MoraleHazard posted:

Do you have fat, hairy, Harley riders in the UK?

Yup, they're called "motorcyclists" and they don't just ride Harleys!

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Lynza posted:

I've had one homeless dude give me a thumbs up as I was parking, and a bro at the beach last weekend yelled "Nice bike!"

Homeless people begging at intersections love complimenting my Buell Blast while I'm waiting at the light.

"Nice bike, can you wheelie it?"
"No, I don't really want to do wheelies, and I don't really know how."
"Aww... but could it?"
"I dunno, it's not really a great bike. Maybe?"
"Hahahehehahhawwwwyyeeah."

"Hey nice bike, is it fast?"
"Not really, no. I mean, I don't really go fast on it, I dunno."
"Eh, it looks fast."

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

captainOrbital posted:

And you sound like a 40-year-old graphic designer with 4 kids who's frustrated that he can't ride when it's 12 degrees out.

Do what now?

I mean, yeah, I'm frustrated that I can't ride today because my battery tender couldn't overpower the 12 degree temps and the bike wouldn't start but 4 kids and graphic designer?

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

captainOrbital posted:

And you sound like a 40-year-old graphic designer with 4 kids who's frustrated that he can't ride when it's 12 degrees out.

That sounds like someone who's attracted to my bike!

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein

RadioPassive posted:

Homeless people begging at intersections love complimenting my Buell Blast while I'm waiting at the light.

"Nice bike, can you wheelie it?"
"No, I don't really want to do wheelies, and I don't really know how."
"Aww... but could it?"
"I dunno, it's not really a great bike. Maybe?"
"Hahahehehahhawwwwyyeeah."

"Hey nice bike, is it fast?"
"Not really, no. I mean, I don't really go fast on it, I dunno."
"Eh, it looks fast."

The correct answer to "Can you do a wheelie?" is always "gently caress yeah, buddy!" Then, when the light changes, go through it calmly.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Do what now?

I mean, yeah, I'm frustrated that I can't ride today because my battery tender couldn't overpower the 12 degree temps and the bike wouldn't start but 4 kids and graphic designer?

The joke was that I was describing myself. I believe the psychologists call it "Mimeographing".

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

captainOrbital posted:

The joke was that I was describing myself. I believe the psychologists call it "Mimeographing".

We need a :whoosh: smiley for when I miss the joke.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

We have :thejoke:

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

- Robert A. Heinlein
Finally someone commented on my bike!

...and my glowing light-up helmet.

Super cool dude, though. He told me his son got out of the Marines and, after having an R6 prior to deploying, now wants an R1. The guy and I shook our heads.

Second, on the way home in the dark and rain, a dude on a CBR hooned up beside us, past us, braked beside us again, then busted rear end to pass us on 26 where the highway goes down to one lane. Sucker, that's our exit. He still got stuck behind a bunch of slow-rear end trucks.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
It was a beautiful day today and everyone was out on their motorcycle. I was not because I have a hemorrhoid. Fack.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

nsaP posted:

It was a beautiful day today and everyone was out on their motorcycle. I was not because I have a hemorrhoid. Fack.

That explains a lot about your attitude....

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I just named it Jim.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

nsaP posted:

Get a donut seat cushion. :thumbsup:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

nsaP posted:

I just named it Jim.

Its me, forever causing you to be all butthurt.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

gently caress you Jim don't take all the credit. We should all have equal representation on nsap's festering hindquarters.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Slavvy posted:

gently caress you Jim don't take all the credit. We should all have equal representation on nsap's festering hindquarters.

Bro, you don't do poo poo. All you do it's terrorize old ladies by driving your red bike on a pedestrian walk bridge.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

:rolleyes: the cops are currently on their SPEEDING KILLS PEOPLE WE ARE PROTECTING SOCIETY BY VENGEFULLY ISSUING TICKETS!!! horse. There are billboards everywhere.

Their official stance is that they are literally reducing road deaths (couple hundred a year in a nation of 4.5 million) by reducing their 'speed tolerance' from +~10km/h to zero tolerance. You will literally get a ticket for doing 102 in a 100km/h zone. This magically makes people not crash and deaths are less likely because *physics*.

So when traffic is absolutely at it's worst, during the holiday season, cops do an Iraq-style surge in traffic enforcement officers and fish for tickets by sitting in ambush hidden by trees or whatever. I have not ridden my bike since the 24th and don't intend to until a week into the new year. Cars and cops everywhere isn't a good time.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Its me, forever causing you to be all butthurt.

LOL....yes....

my poor butt.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Lynza posted:

Super cool dude, though. He told me his son got out of the Marines and, after having an R6 prior to deploying, now wants an R1. The guy and I shook our heads.

R6s are cool and R1s are awesome, why were you shaking your heads? Do you and dude have a shared dislike for things that are awesome?

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"

Slavvy posted:

:rolleyes: the cops are currently on their SPEEDING KILLS PEOPLE WE ARE PROTECTING SOCIETY BY VENGEFULLY ISSUING TICKETS!!! horse. There are billboards everywhere.

Their official stance is that they are literally reducing road deaths (couple hundred a year in a nation of 4.5 million) by reducing their 'speed tolerance' from +~10km/h to zero tolerance. You will literally get a ticket for doing 102 in a 100km/h zone. This magically makes people not crash and deaths are less likely because *physics*.

So when traffic is absolutely at it's worst, during the holiday season, cops do an Iraq-style surge in traffic enforcement officers and fish for tickets by sitting in ambush hidden by trees or whatever. I have not ridden my bike since the 24th and don't intend to until a week into the new year. Cars and cops everywhere isn't a good time.

I rode through 2000km of rural New South Wales over the previous week. Flashing signs warning of double demerit points and the omniscience of police pertaining to speeding. Oh, and billboards every 50km telling people to buckle up. I've never met a single person in Australia who drives without a seatbelt. And what's the result? NSW drivers are dithering pussies who can't navigate traffic without making GBS threads their pants in terror of breaking a law.

Terrorising a citzenry with heavy-handed policing on the roads leads to a population of very nervous, hesitant drivers.

n8r posted:

R6s are cool and R1s are awesome, why were you shaking your heads? Do you and dude have a shared dislike for things that are awesome?

No because tiny bikes are the only way to go and you're clearly insane if you want to go fast.

But for real Lynza. I rode a Ninja 300 too and used to think it was plenty fast enough for anybody. But then I rode other bikes. You should do the same at some point. It ain't crazy to enjoy 0-100kph in under 3 seconds.

Smudgie Buggler fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Dec 27, 2014

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

- Robert A. Heinlein

n8r posted:

Nah, just that his kid wants a super crotch rocket after having ridden a bike for less than a month or so. His dad figured he was going to get his dumb rear end killed.

The bike is rad.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

nsaP posted:

LOL....yes....

my poor butt.

Mount one those inflatable donuts on your bike, you can do this!!!

*80's movie workout montage*

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

*80's movie workout montage*

Buttloose

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Eat more fibre

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Chris Knight posted:

Eat more cheese.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Smudgie Buggler posted:

I rode through 2000km of rural New South Wales over the previous week. Flashing signs warning of double demerit points and the omniscience of police pertaining to speeding. Oh, and billboards every 50km telling people to buckle up. I've never met a single person in Australia who drives without a seatbelt. And what's the result? NSW drivers are dithering pussies who can't navigate traffic without making GBS threads their pants in terror of breaking a law.

Terrorising a citzenry with heavy-handed policing on the roads leads to a population of very nervous, hesitant drivers.

No because tiny bikes are the only way to go and you're clearly insane if you want to go fast.

But for real Lynza. I rode a Ninja 300 too and used to think it was plenty fast enough for anybody. But then I rode other bikes. You should do the same at some point. It ain't crazy to enjoy 0-100kph in under 3 seconds.

There are two kinds of people who think small bikes are fast enough: people who have never ridden a large, powerful bike, and people who have ridden such bikes and found themselves wanting.

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

- Robert A. Heinlein
Yeah, it's my plan, once my finances get back under control (yay unemployment!) to upgrade. It'll probably end up being a Striple or something similar. But for now, my 300 is just fine.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Smudgie Buggler posted:

I never feel safer on the road than when I get close to passing a cop-waiting-in-ambush and half the people on the road utterly lose their poo poo. Nothing but panic brakes and panic merging as far as the eye can see.

Or when they pull someone over in the middle of the highway. Where there's no shoulder or grass to park on.

Right there, in the middle of the god drat lane.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Speeding ticket: $120
Police hours expended: $40
Economic impact of thousands of people being twenty minutes late for work...well, you know.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Oh, come on.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Bleh, the finger nail of my right hand's middle finger got ripped off from the base yesterday when my wife did a shove instead of a push on a 230 pound crate when I was lifting one end off of the steps in front of our door. The splint and the bandage is way too big to fit my hand into my riding gloves; cant ride for a few days.

The new years eve traffic is gonna suck now that I'm stuck in a car. Bleh bleh bleh.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Angryboot posted:

The new years eve traffic is gonna suck now that I'm stuck in a car. Bleh bleh bleh.

Heh, do you still live just off the parade route? :suicide:

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Nah I moved. Still close by though just north of San Gabriel and Foothill.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Chris Knight posted:

Eat more fibre

But then how will I get internet?

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Was out at the bars grabbing a drink and walking around people watching with my friend. Went to walk by our bikes to check on them and what do I see......

A drunk girl climbing on my bike while her friend and their boyfriends watch and take pictures.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

My friend and I come up yelling no at her before she even got half way over. She runs away and her boyfriend is telling me to watch my temper.. WHAT? Your drunk girlfriend is climbing on my motorcycle so you can take a loving picture and my temper is misplaced? gently caress OFF.

Never been so mad.

What kind of people think this is ok? I know for a fact they would've turned tail and ran if they dumped it.

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"

Schroeder91 posted:

Was out at the bars grabbing a drink and walking around people watching with my friend. Went to walk by our bikes to check on them and what do I see......

A drunk girl climbing on my bike while her friend and their boyfriends watch and take pictures.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

My friend and I come up yelling no at her before she even got half way over. She runs away and her boyfriend is telling me to watch my temper.. WHAT? Your drunk girlfriend is climbing on my motorcycle so you can take a loving picture and my temper is misplaced? gently caress OFF.

Never been so mad.

What kind of people think this is ok? I know for a fact they would've turned tail and ran if they dumped it.

A lot of people think this is perfectly fine. A couple of months ago I caught a 55-ish woman in the process of putting what I assume was her grandson up on my bike as I was walking back to it. She smiled - all sweetness and light - and asked emptily, "Oh, is it alright if he sits on it?" I said, "Sure. But give me your keys, I want to go sit in your car for a while."

Well! You don't have to be so rude!

If the stupid hag had seen me getting on the bike and asked permission like a normal human, I would have let the little man gently caress around to his heart's content.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Motorcycles and convertibles are basically open season for the average rear end in a top hat off the street. Having owned both I know far too well

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

gently caress people. This is one of the upsides to having a terrible and/or utterly boring looking bike. Puts off the fuckheads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I didn't know you got a Blast?