Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Captain Rufus posted:

So nothing but LRM boating right? A silent warrior unconcerned with attention or the deficiencies of others? One who lets the missiles do the talking, not interested in meaningless kills or score?

Are you only going to pop up when people mention pudding now? Because that's as loving tiresome as pudding having googled you in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I have the 4G hunchie and the 4P; is the 4SP the next best?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

sebmojo posted:

I have the 4G hunchie and the 4P; is the 4SP the next best?

4sp owns bones.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Fil5000 posted:

Are you only going to pop up when people mention pudding now? Because that's as loving tiresome as pudding having googled you in the first place.

It's called trying to be funny. I recommend trying it sometime as opposed to taking this game so loving seriously. I know you can do it because I have seen you be a decent enough bloke in other threads as opposed to the joyless and miserable Autist you are in every MWO thread on SA.

Giant robots are awesome. Have fun with the giant robots. Stop taking them so loving seriously. I mean you seem to have actually started playing the game again instead of spending a good year or so being a whiny stick in the mud who complains about something he isn't actually playing so you are getting there. I sense the conflict within you, the fun game player who wants to come out and who doesn't actually care about his KDR or any of that other irrelevant happy horseshit.

Let the fun flow. Let your angry mechasperg wash away with the morning tide. Shoot robits and talk about how drunk or high you currently are or were sometime during the week. Or enjoy those who do such bodily harming things as they have great stories one can gain insights from. Or at least a chuckle.

Which is what I'm doing. Even when I get LRM spammed and grouch on it I'm having fun of a sort. (Blowing off steam in a harmless way.). When the game has it's unfun times I just don't loving play the game and rarely read and or post about it.

Peace and love.

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Dec 27, 2014

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Captain Rufus posted:

It's called trying to be funny.

Try harder. Or better yet, not at all!

Also, CW for IS vs IS is now a never ending hail of blue lightening, its getting a bit silly.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Y'all some whiny bitchass koalas lately just saiyan :goku:

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

axelsoar posted:

Also, CW for IS vs IS is now a never ending hail of blue lightening, its getting a bit silly.

Also Davs roleplaying and using roleplaying to justify their skill at turret wars. Kind of hilarious.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Captain Rufus posted:

It's called trying to be funny. I recommend trying it sometime as opposed to taking this game so loving seriously. I know you can do it because I have seen you be a decent enough bloke in other threads as opposed to the joyless and miserable Autist you are in every MWO thread on SA.

Giant robots are awesome. Have fun with the giant robots. Stop taking them so loving seriously. I mean you seem to have actually started playing the game again instead of spending a good year or so being a whiny stick in the mud who complains about something he isn't actually playing so you are getting there. I sense the conflict within you, the fun game player who wants to come out and who doesn't actually care about his KDR or any of that other irrelevant happy horseshit.

Let the fun flow. Let your angry mechasperg wash away with the morning tide. Shoot robits and talk about how drunk or high you currently are or were sometime during the week. Or enjoy those who do such bodily harming things as they have great stories one can gain insights from. Or at least a chuckle.

Which is what I'm doing. Even when I get LRM spammed and grouch on it I'm having fun of a sort. (Blowing off steam in a harmless way.). When the game has it's unfun times I just don't loving play the game and rarely read and or post about it.

Peace and love.

Wow you've totally got me pegged, I will take seventeen hours to reevaluate my life

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Paramemetic posted:

Also Davs roleplaying and using roleplaying to justify their skill at turret wars. Kind of hilarious.

I think I've missed the Turret Warrior Online joke; is it people who sit next to turrets all game in CW / don't move at all, sniping?

Scoops
Nov 22, 2005

Paramemetic posted:

No, they're also trying really, really hard to argue that its all factual and the queue system is actually biased against them, ghost drops are a myth that rarely if ever happen, and everyone else is just super jealous of how big and organized/good they are. It's a bunch of 12 year olds hyperventilating at the idea that they might not be earning everything they're doing right now.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Westy543 posted:

I think I've missed the Turret Warrior Online joke; is it people who sit next to turrets all game in CW / don't move at all, sniping?
AKA Ghost drops.
If you're attacking an opponent's world with a 12 man squad and there's no one, or insufficient defenders then you'll be able to run in unopposed apart from the defensive turrets shooting at you. House Davion are apparently the big mary-sue faction and thus has the largest population, and have been able to make great inroads by taking planets in this manner, hence turret warrior.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

ZombyDog posted:

AKA Ghost drops.
If you're attacking an opponent's world with a 12 man squad and there's no one, or insufficient defenders then you'll be able to run in unopposed apart from the defensive turrets shooting at you. House Davion are apparently the big mary-sue faction and thus has the largest population, and have been able to make great inroads by taking planets in this manner, hence turret warrior.

Additionally, some groups, particularly PL but I've also see HHoD do it, now basically stall on the attack for about 15 minutes before popping the gate, and then will kind of half-rear end and attack, or literally sit at their dropship until the 30 minutes runs out.

When called on not cracking the gate in a timely manner (because they are bads), they will generally taunt that they are "tying up" the defending team in order to allow the planet to flip. They'll often straight up say poo poo like "well we have 8 12 mans on attack right now so enjoy losing your planet evil Liaos" and will talk about how this is actually a "strategy" and not just that they're bads.

There are a couple different groups at it, it's unfortunately mainly a pain because defending is a lot of fun but becomes less fun when the attackers camp their own dropship while intermittently sending messages about how they're "here to liberate the population" but don't want to attack because of "collateral damage" blah blah blah. Basically PL are bads, HHoD are bads, MS are mediocres-to-decents, and goons are also bads but at least we try to play the drat game.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Scoops posted:

No, they're also trying really, really hard to argue that its all factual and the queue system is actually biased against them, ghost drops are a myth that rarely if ever happen, and everyone else is just super jealous of how big and organized/good they are. It's a bunch of 12 year olds hyperventilating at the idea that they might not be earning everything they're doing right now.

There is some of this too, the exact complaint being "well there's not enough of you and we just can't catch matches." Usually this is from the non-PL or HHoD smaller groups, and it's probably true, but this isn't from the roleplaying crowd generally. I've seen MS talk about this but MS is doing something about it and leaving Davion so.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Captain Rufus posted:

Peace and love.

Lol if you think he takes robuttin seriously.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Paramemetic posted:

When called on not cracking the gate in a timely manner (because they are bads), they will generally taunt that they are "tying up" the defending team in order to allow the planet to flip. They'll often straight up say poo poo like "well we have 8 12 mans on attack right now so enjoy losing your planet evil Liaos" and will talk about how this is actually a "strategy" and not just that they're bads.

There are a couple different groups at it, it's unfortunately mainly a pain because defending is a lot of fun but becomes less fun when the attackers camp their own dropship while intermittently sending messages about how they're "here to liberate the population" but don't want to attack because of "collateral damage" blah blah blah. Basically PL are bads, HHoD are bads, MS are mediocres-to-decents, and goons are also bads but at least we try to play the drat game.

Why not just go farm them at their dropship? Or does the 12 LL dropship hurt too much for that?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Westy543 posted:

Why not just go farm them at their dropship? Or does the 12 LL dropship hurt too much for that?

The old style dropship was an absolute dick so I imagine 12 ERLLs makes it basically impossible to spawn camp attackers. Unless you're an atlas or a dire wolf that thing is taking a piece off you every time it fires.

Orv
May 4, 2011
If it's running off the same AI as the base turrets in non-CW modes it'd probably core anything short of a heavy right off. gently caress those things.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
Someone in the jabber mentioned that we need an Information Officer in the style of Iraq, NK, Soviet Union, and so on, so I have decided to rise to the occasion:

quote:

OFFICIAL DISPATCH
PRESSLINE: Establishment of CAPELLAN HEADQUARTERS FOR INFORMATION REVOLUTIONARY PRESS SERVICE (CHIRPS) - OPENING OF DAVION BORDER STATES to welcome REFUGEES - NOBLE TETETAE DEFENDERS CLASH WITH DAVION CHILD SOLDIERS - TCAF and 4TCR PEACEKEEPERS maintain order in REFUGEE CAMPS

Recently word has reached the Head of Information from numerous sources infiltrated deep within Davion's highest levels of command that Davion has been spreading misinformation regarding the numerous and complete victories obtained by the noble Mechwarriors of Liao and the glorious Tetatae Warriors of the Word of Lowtax. For the benefit of all honorable and righteous people throughout the Inner Sphere, it is important that this misinformation must not be believed. For this reason, top birds at the Word of Lowtax have established the Capellan Headquarters for Information Revolutionary Press Service, your source for true and honest information regarding the minor uprising of misguided Davion loyalists in remote planets within the Confederation.

Recently, because of their insane jealousy at the quality of life experienced by all Capellan citizens, extremists from Davion space have been flocking to Liao borders in droves. It should be noted that under the divine guidance of the Chancellor, many of these refugees have been allowed to occupy minor outlying planets nonviolently. It is the official doctrine of Liao never to kill the harmless women and children who are fleeing the oppressive capitalist regime of Davion, despite that these feeble and helpless people have, on occasion, damaged automatic labor drones on these outlying planets. Furthermore, due to lack of training and general intelligence, many of these refugees have destroyed their own generators in the camps we have established on this territories.

As a result of their outrage at their people's flight to Capellan space, Davion has sent an occasional company of child soldiers to fight futilely against illustrious heroes of the Capellan Confederation. Despite acknowledging that these child soldiers are essentially harmless, it has been necessary for noble Tetatae birdwarriors, as well as mechwarriors of 4TCR and TCAF, to merficully dispatch these unfortunate slave-soldiers in self defense, as only a swift death can save these sad conscripted cases from their endless suffering at the hands of Davion command. Why Davion would force children, some reported as young as 6 years old, to attack peacekeepers and relief workers on the Davion border is yet to be known, but it is believed to be related to the collapse of Davion economy and the droves of starvation forcing Davion to attempt to reduce its surplus population, despite the Chancellor's generously granting aid and relief.

In his mercy, the Chancellor has granted control of several small border planets to Davion refugees, which Davion news sources are claiming have been conquered or defeated by Davion forces. Nothing could be further from the truth! Only Davion filth, completely lacking in honor, could possibly consider the welcoming of refugees into undefended shelters a military defeat. However, it is not surprising that Davion would attempt to lie to its people about the actual nature of these events due to their despair at the abhorrent living conditions created by the greed of capitalist exploitation.

The Capellan Confederation is currently establishing camps for Davion refugees in Brighton, and refugees are spilling into the camps at an incredible rate! As the droves of refugees have assembled outside the camps, peacekeepers have been occasionally dispatched to maintain order, though for the most part the welcoming of these desperate droves has been without resistance! May the Chancellor's divine mercy shine upon these unfortunate souls and may they find eventual prosperity in the glorious worker's revolution!

Basically gonna post this in Davion chat on the Brown Sea and watch some spergy fireworks.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Orv posted:

If it's running off the same AI as the base turrets in non-CW modes it'd probably core anything short of a heavy right off. gently caress those things.

They're actually nastier as they specifically pick out the most damaged parts of the most damaged mechs as far as I can tell.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I thought they picked a random section but either way once they've picked and started firing their aim is perfect, it'll not stray off target as long as it can see the part it is homing in on.

E: this is what probably kills lights so easily, since they'll hit rear side torsos like its nothing.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

The loving turrets also leg you if you're in a light mech.

In other news, I elited all my Timber Wolves! :toot: Mastered two, so it's a good time to grind space bux for those last three radar deprivation modules and a last Cataphract.

Westy543 fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Dec 27, 2014

Orv
May 4, 2011

Paramemetic posted:

They're actually nastier as they specifically pick out the most damaged parts of the most damaged mechs as far as I can tell.

Horrifying.

Belatedly, thanks for your words on not being a dumb idiot yesterday (two mornings ago? gently caress), unfortunately I'm still a dumb idiot, but slowly getting better.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Orv posted:

Horrifying.

Belatedly, thanks for your words on not being a dumb idiot yesterday (two mornings ago? gently caress), unfortunately I'm still a dumb idiot, but slowly getting better.

We are all dumb idiots, but some of us are looking at the stars! From a gutter. I think that's how it goes. Anyway I'm gay.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Your avatar is still freaky as poo poo.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/images/thumb/1/14/JagerMechTrial.jpg/250px-JagerMechTrial.jpg

Dude just loves jagermechs

Orv
May 4, 2011
I was going to ask if that's official but Battletech.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Ah so that's where it is from. And jagers are fun. No idea if they're good these days but they're fun ballistic platforms.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
Just to be clear about turret warrior, cross post from the brown sea:

Yes, just to be clear: the issue with turret warring is not that they are overwhelming our defenses with attacks right now, it is that it is, during peak time, not possible for Liao to push back. The way the queue is stacked, so long as there are more attackers queued than defenders, the defenders will always catch "defense" games. "Defense" games do not reduce the attacker wins number.

So what happens is, let's be very generous and say we start at 0% attacker wins for the prime time. 48 Davions queue up on attack. We muster 24 defenders. 2 matches drop, Dav wins one, Liao wins one, planet goes up 1 victory.

60+ Davs show up as peak time increases. We somehow get together 48. Dav wins one. Liao wins three. Attacker wins go up by one. 2 victories now.

This continues. Liao wins 3/4 of their drops, with 4 groups dropping, but Davs always outnumber, therefore Davs always catch attack, Liaos always catch defense.

Davs win on the night, despite losing most of their games. That is without even taking into account Turret Warrior Online, which I have graciously discounted in this illustration because Davions are no longer claiming it happens (despite groups still out there playing the Clan Wolf Strategy and claiming to "tie us up" when it takes them 10 minutes to crack a gate).

As for Liao disintegrating at the end of the night, that tends to happen when you win all of your matches (I have lost in CW maybe four times?) and yet your planet flips because if you win five out of six defense drops the attacker still gets one "win" point and you get nothing.

Assuming Liao defends 24 times on the day, and wins 75% of the time, they lose a planet every day.

That's not to say the game "isn't fair," or something. The actual gameplay is fair - good players win good games, bad players win bad games, but that's fine. It's just to say that the color changing mechanics on the map could use some work.

Davion is really, really good at having nearly six times the numbers of players that Liao has on during the peak time. I'll give them that - there are a lot of them.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Paramemetic posted:

Someone in the jabber mentioned that we need an Information Officer in the style of Iraq, NK, Soviet Union, and so on, so I have decided to rise to the occasion:

Basically gonna post this in Davion chat on the Brown Sea and watch some spergy fireworks.

Owns. Could I get a link to the brown sea where this dropped?

Also, would you be interested / willing to do a news report thing in the Liao CW zone, similar to what FWL does?

Mjilaeck
Jun 10, 2012

Jaegermechs are actually very good. Having the arms high up like they do make them very capable hull-down mechs. Dual-guass and boomjager builds are the best IMO; but you can also do an LRM60 jager (if you like going slow with extremely limited ammo) or a couple other things. The Gauss-jaeger is on-par with the gauss-cat, just with the cat giving up the hull-down ability for better weapon convergence due to not having the guns in the arms.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

OB_Juan posted:

Owns. Could I get a link to the brown sea where this dropped?

Also, would you be interested / willing to do a news report thing in the Liao CW zone, similar to what FWL does?

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/184420-brighton-welcomes-davion-refugees/

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/184418-chirps-official-liao-news-dispatch/

Also yeah, I'm down for whatever. Only half of this game is stompy robots. Harvesting pubbie tears has required me to do a pretty sickening amount of research into battletech though, like I had to look up what the gently caress a Capellan is.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Mindblast posted:

Ah so that's where it is from. And jagers are fun. No idea if they're good these days but they're fun ballistic platforms.

It's from some free Battletech primer thing. One day early in closed beta we were sat on mumble waiting for a patch to drop and wound up going though it and linking the terrible, terrible art to each other. Some of it is gently caress awful.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Paramemetic posted:

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/184420-brighton-welcomes-davion-refugees/

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/184418-chirps-official-liao-news-dispatch/

Also yeah, I'm down for whatever. Only half of this game is stompy robots. Harvesting pubbie tears has required me to do a pretty sickening amount of research into battletech though, like I had to look up what the gently caress a Capellan is.

Shoulda sent a poet.

But then, we have Parametic

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Captain Rufus posted:

Which is what I'm doing.

Lmao yeah you sound really relaxed and fun loving while you rage type several paragraphs calling another poster out! Hahahaha.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Pull the handle, let it go, now you know you're ready to roll.
When I grow up I want to be the space admiral guy, I want to stand at the command center and have the hat, and I want the ppl to listen on the screen when I'm the space commander.
http://youtu.be/zEflfQT9BKs

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

RiperSnifel posted:

When I grow up I want to be the space admiral guy, I want to stand at the command center and have the hat, and I want the ppl to listen on the screen when I'm the space commander.
http://youtu.be/zEflfQT9BKs

What hat, post pics

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Pull the handle, let it go, now you know you're ready to roll.

Fil5000 posted:

What hat, post pics

I don't have the hat yet maybe I'll get one today when I go to the shopping district and try one on to see if it fits!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

RiperSnifel posted:

I don't have the hat yet maybe I'll get one today when I go to the shopping district and try one on to see if it fits!

What shopping district, post pics

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
No replay ability sucks balls. I was solo-dropping yesterday trying to get good in my Raven's. In queue still and some Steiner guy on my team in all chat asks me "What no SQUAWK Liao?" so I respond with "CA-CAW!" and then cores me from behind a short time after the start of the match calling me a filthy something.. I missed what because I was messaging the shitlord back in chat and you cannot scroll back to review chat. Fun times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

demonR6 posted:

No replay ability sucks balls. I was solo-dropping yesterday trying to get good in my Raven's. In queue still and some Steiner guy on my team in all chat asks me "What no SQUAWK Liao?" so I respond with "CA-CAW!" and then cores me from behind a short time after the start of the match calling me a filthy something.. I missed what because I was messaging the shitlord back in chat and you cannot scroll back to review chat. Fun times.

Report it anyway, support have access to chat logs and event logs so they'll see it. Also start using shadowplay or similar.

• Locked thread