Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There is no good 911 art, just which piece is worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
you'd think there would be a bunch of sexy green jedi but maybe this is why they're rebooting the franchise

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Elukka posted:

It's been the only major galactic power for a long time. There's nobody to fight and the various local militaries that later made up the separatists worked just fine for keeping the order. It would have kept working fine if it weren't for ol' Sheev and his conspiracy.

that's like if the US disbanded their military after the soviets collapsed, it still doesn't make any sense

didn't anyone say "hey, maybe we should have some kind of military in case someone challenges us or tries to separate from us? oh nevermind i'll just keep reading this script"

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

sexy young infidel posted:

you'd think there would be a bunch of sexy green jedi but maybe this is why they're rebooting the franchise

there's a redhead with a ponytail that appeared in the phantom menace for a second

guess what she is in the EU????

bounty hunter, later jedi. why do i know this loving crap

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hey guys an assassinated Jedi ordered these clones for some reason let's use them in our war.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

ThePutty posted:

there's a redhead with a ponytail called that appeared in the phantom menace for a second

guess what she is in the EU????

bounty hunter, later jedi. why do i know this loving crap

Listen.. i didn't find any really good pictures of mara jade but I feel like there should be some...

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Palpatine's entire plan was to control and militarize the galaxy in preparation of the yuzon vong or whatever they're called.

edit: part of his plan. He still planned on taking control of everything regardless.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 27, 2014

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

The dark eldar.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

dog buttz posted:

I always liked the design of Kit Fisto. It's a million times more creative than the other 90% of Star Wars species.

"What if we made...a walrus man!"

He's that baby alien from MIB grown up.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

happyhippy posted:

90% of his force powers are preventing his dreads from being cut off by his own saber.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

ThePutty posted:

what kind of galactic governmental force doesn't have an army? that's the dumbest thing ever

see, this is why the prequels suck on a whole separate level. every time you mention something, you can think of a billion more creative and interesting ways it could have been done only to remember what actually happened and live all the bullshit over again

i thought it was actually pretty reasonable it had no central army, rather local forces, considering the republic was just a loose association of planets and trade unions with the jedi for security.

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
I never read anything EU related so this question might be stupid. Did Sidious or Vader ever go looking for Obi-wan after Episode 3? If I was Sidious I would try to look for him and try to recruit him. He defeated Maul, Grievous, and Anakin.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
Obiwan was too busy being a gay virgin :lol: You can't say thats not true.. notice how he's got no ring in the hologram on dagobah..

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
The worst part of the EU is what happens to General Veers (from the Empire Strikes Back). His legs were crushed so badly in the at-at wreck that bacta couldn't fix them! but he didn't want robot legs! so he zooms around in a hoverchair! also he got demoted or w/e b/c his son secretly joined the rebellion! and then he is forced to lead a suicide attack!

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

John Yossarian posted:

I never read anything EU related so this question might be stupid. Did Sidious or Vader ever go looking for Obi-wan after Episode 3? If I was Sidious I would try to look for him and try to recruit him. He defeated Maul, Grievous, and Anakin.

After Revenge of the Sith, Vader pretty much spent his time scouring the galaxy for Jedi who survived. I would think he did search for him but there's a trillion different places he could be hiding. Also he may have been nervous about fighting him considering Vader was considerably weakened force wise by the suit and Obi-Wan beat him the first time anyway.

The dumb reason he was weakened is that he had less midichlorians in his body so he had less force power.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Dec 27, 2014

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

dog buttz posted:

After Revenge of the Sith, Vader pretty much spent his time scouring the galaxy for Jedi who survived. I would think he did.

Didn't Palpatine try to prevent Vader from doing this? And hired ex-Jedi's to hunt down their old allies? It is absurd how many Jedi were made to survive order 66 by the EU. I think at this point it's roughly equal between how many died and how many survived.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
there's no green jedi girls in the OP either :ohdear: Why is this happening to us

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

Didn't Palpatine try to prevent Vader from doing this? And hired ex-Jedi's to hunt down their old allies? It is absurd how many Jedi were made to survive order 66 by the EU. I think at this point it's roughly equal between how many died and how many survived.

It wouldn't surprise me if he did try to prevent him considering if I remember correctly, he had no faith in Vader and pretty much saw him as the ultimate failure.

edit: Also I kinda agree and disagree with you. The way they're shown and described, all the jedi were surrounded by clones when the order was given. However, it would be pretty easy for a Jedi anywhere with civilians to survive considering all you have to do is ditch the clones, ditch the robes, and blend in for a few minutes.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Dec 27, 2014

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Post the hot blue jedi w the nice tits

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Fetus Tree posted:

Post the hot blue jedi w the nice tits

I tried to find a really ugly/fat cosplayer of her but unbelievably couldn't anything other than hot women doing it.

This goes against everything I believed.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 27, 2014

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
i don't believe theres any hot jedis... it was a myth boys

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Otisburg posted:

It sure is a good thing we raised all these children to a life as disposable soldiers so no people would ever have to die in these star wars, eh? :downs:

It makes a lot more sense that the Republic would be the ones with the droid army, while the Separatists would use a secret clone army. They could have even kept the clones = Stormtroopers thing by finishing the war and deciding to keep the surviving clones around as soldiers.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

dog buttz posted:

I tried to find a really ugly/fat cosplayer of her but unbelievably couldn't anything other than hot women doing it.

This goes against everything I believed.

Well it doesn't work if you're too fat to paint your whole body blue and can't pay anyone enough to be willing to do it.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Kimmalah posted:

Well it doesn't work if you're too fat to paint your whole body blue and can't pay anyone enough to be willing to do it.

Was this your experience with trying to cosplay as Aayla Secura??

e: im calling you fat

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Was this your experience with trying to cosplay as Aayla Secura??

e: im calling you fat

:iceburn:

But no I just like making fun of Star Wars

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

dog buttz posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if he did try to prevent him considering if I remember correctly, he had no faith in Vader and pretty much saw him as the ultimate failure.

edit: Also I kinda agree and disagree with you. The way they're shown and described, all the jedi were surrounded by clones when the order was given. However, it would be pretty easy for a Jedi anywhere with civilians to survive considering all you have to do is ditch the clones, ditch the robes, and blend in for a few minutes.

I thought it was pretty hilarious that the Jedi are all unstoppable lightsaber ninjas up to that point and then they all just kinda get shot down effortlessly, and the only one who gets any kind of Force warning or whatever is Yoda

I mean you'd think that one Jedi master guy with the big cone head would have put up more of a fight than lazily blocking one shot with his sword or w/e

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

The worst part of the EU is what happens to General Veers (from the Empire Strikes Back). His legs were crushed so badly in the at-at wreck that bacta couldn't fix them! but he didn't want robot legs! so he zooms around in a hoverchair! also he got demoted or w/e b/c his son secretly joined the rebellion! and then he is forced to lead a suicide attack!

Wookiepedia posted:

Rebel snowspeeder pilot Derek "Hobbie" Klivian flew his damaged vessel directly into the cockpit of Veers's Blizzard One walker.
Both men miraculously survived the incident but came out badly injured.

The pilot survived kamikazi! Any chance the force saved him so he can be destined to birth a jedi child that would balance the will of the force in the later future?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Wolfsheim posted:

I thought it was pretty hilarious that the Jedi are all unstoppable lightsaber ninjas up to that point and then they all just kinda get shot down effortlessly, and the only one who gets any kind of Force warning or whatever is Yoda

I mean you'd think that one Jedi master guy with the big cone head would have put up more of a fight than lazily blocking one shot with his sword or w/e

Writers can only make their characters as intelligent as they are.
Lucas can't even make a bog standard love story dialogue make sense, so trying to make 400 IQ Space Ninjas do things that 400 IQ Space Ninjas should do is beyond him.
Other than 'wave glow wands about and sense disturbances', Jedi do gently caress all else.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

sometimes I think about the awkward cringe moments I had in my life

then I think about the guy who created a character named "teh roxxor" and then I don't feel so bad

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Probably one of the goofiest things from the prequels is the scene where Padme complains about democracy ending. Except the democracy they had sucked. Like, it was shown to be pretty much completely useless until Sheev took over.

The worst part of that scene is how underwhelming Palpatine's declaration is treated. "thunderous applause" = polite golf clapping apparently. Since he was supposed to be really popular or whatever they should have like jubilant mobs in the streets and poo poo.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It was kinda stupid everyone just accepted the word of the scary monster guy and were like yeah you're dictator now.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I just wish there was more of a feeling behind Yoda's hermitage. If he hid not only due to being hunted down but as penance after realizing that those clone troopers weren't disposable people at all but that even he as a wise master didn't see that. :ohdear: Would've only taken like 30s of screen time.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

sexy young infidel posted:

i don't believe theres any hot jedis... it was a myth boys

I dunno young Obiwan :q:

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Chill la Chill posted:

I just wish there was more of a feeling behind Yoda's hermitage. If he hid not only due to being hunted down but as penance after realizing that those clone troopers weren't disposable people at all but that even he as a wise master didn't see that. :ohdear: Would've only taken like 30s of screen time.

Wait, Yoda made the clones? What the hell?

I seriously couldn't make any sense of those stupid movies.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I dunno young Obiwan :q:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLEqH00nQac

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Inevitable posted:

Wait, Yoda made the clones? What the hell?

I seriously couldn't make any sense of those stupid movies.

He was complicit in their use. There's even evidence that he led them to battle and didn't flinch as legions of them died under his control. *then sheds a tear for the Jedi babies*

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Clones are beings that exist outside of the force sort of i think unless you do some special poo poo. Idk, eu is ofc contradictory on this iirc.

Basically theyre space Mexicans.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Fetus Tree posted:

Clones are beings that exist outside of the force sort of i think unless you do some special poo poo. Idk, eu is ofc contradictory on this iirc.

Basically theyre space Mexicans.

Request name change to a starwars betamex

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

ElGroucho posted:

Request name change to a starwars betamex

:captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
"the executioner is the most mightiest ship in the galaxy"