Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

sassassin posted:

I've stopped playing cause 3d kits don't work any more.

That's not quite been enough to stop me yet, but it's irritating as gently caress.

MY REALISM!!!! :spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

XBenedict posted:

That may or may not have something to do with the game-destroying patch they just issued last week. You might check the SI Den of Hopeless Agony and Technical Support.

Oh, marvelous. :suicide:

edit: I purged everything and it seems to work?

generally I prefer fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Dec 15, 2014

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

XBenedict posted:

You might check the SI Den of Hopeless Agony and Technical Support.

Don't ever do this they'll twist it so its your fault

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Guitar_Hero posted:

Oh, marvelous. :suicide:

edit: I purged everything and it seems to work?

You've obviously just got a pirated copy, theres no way that if you'd bought it there could be bugs in the game. Also its your tactics

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

You've obviously just got a pirated copy, theres no way that if you'd bought it there could be bugs in the game. Also its your tactics

the SI experience

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

In going through recently relegated teams trying to snap up bargain youngsters, it seems SC Bastia have entirely run out of money. They've made no transfers in the last 3 years of any value (literally no ins or outs that aren't free transfers), and just placed last in Ligue 1 having played only 7 players over the age of 19 during the course of the season.
Check out this lineup:

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
When Christian Landu-Landu is a key player you know you're hosed (or Motherwell. You might just be Motherwell).

Shroud
May 11, 2009

SI posted:

Hotfix 15.2.1 is now available for Football Manager 2015 via Steam.

To download the update, simply save your current game, quit FM, then close and restart Steam. Then launch the game as normal and this should start your update automatically. As always the update is save game compatible but for any competition issues, you'd have to start a new game for them to take effect.

The update includes but is not limited to fixes for the following issues:

GRAPHICS
- All custom .fmf files can now be distributed via Steam Workshop
- Fixed 3D kits not displaying in the match viewer

USER INTERFACE
- Fixed various light skin issues in the match screen
- Fixed player duty not being listed on Make Quick Sub dialog
- Fixed rare cases of inbox failing to update properly
- Fixed 'Take Screenshot' shortcut

COMPETITIONS
- Fixed rare instance of Belgian league fixtures not being scheduled
- Fixed rare instance of Copa Libertadores not being scheduled
- Fixed ability to fine players multiple times
- Fixed cases of players not travelling for international games

IN-GAME EDITOR
- Fixed 'Edit Club Contract' check boxes

The match engine is unchanged and still the same version as was included in Update 15.2.0.

15.2.1 game version: PC: 585343; Mac: 585345; Linux: 585347

If you have any technical issues following the update, raise them in the following areas:

For PC - http://community.sigames.com/forumdi...pecific-Issues
For Mac - http://community.sigames.com/forumdi...pecific-Issues
For Linux - http://community.sigames.com/forumdi...pecific-Issues

For any other bugs, please take the time to raise them here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdi...015-Bugs-Forum

On behalf of all of Sports Interactive, we hope you enjoy this hotfix and have plenty of time to play Football Manager 2015 over the forthcoming holiday period. And none of your games get cancelled due to snow!

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Shroud posted:

- Fixed various light skin issues

They made them less athletic?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Hey guys I am playing as Fulham, promised the chairman I'd win the league and now it's Christmas and I'm 11th in the league sitting on a £17m transfer kitty. Anyone worth buying doesn't want to come, and I'm stuck in a cycle of drawing with poo poo teams and getting smashed by anyone half decent regardless of what tactics I use.

Tell me why I am sucking :smith:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Lofty132 posted:

Hey guys I am playing as Fulham, promised the chairman I'd win the league and now it's Christmas and I'm 11th in the league sitting on a £17m transfer kitty. Anyone worth buying doesn't want to come, and I'm stuck in a cycle of drawing with poo poo teams and getting smashed by anyone half decent regardless of what tactics I use.

Tell me why I am sucking :smith:

You're Fulham.

But seriously, I don't know what the strength of the Fulham squad is like but I don't think they'd be winning the Championship this year, assuming you've just started your game. Take a look at mine and Coohoolin's posts earlier in the thread for cheap decent players to pick up in your first season, since you just might not have a good enough team.

Post your best players and your tactic

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I picked this up yesterday - are United insanely good in everyone's game or just mine? They rarely score less than 3 goals per game and won the league by March in my quick Classic season.

On the plus side, Balotelli and Sturridge = :krad:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

United finished 2nd on my game in the first season then ever since they've finished mid table. I am in season 4 at the moment chelsea are just dominating English and European football.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
As usual, was given this for Christmas. Gave up on the match engine really quickly (still baffled how anyone has the time/patience to begin to figure that horseshit out), enjoying everything else so far. The first thing I did was install the instant result skin and follow these instructions to delete the inc files: http://www.footballmanagerblog.org/2014/10/how-to-fix-competition-and-player-names.html

So far I haven't had a single press conference, not one. Not even the one before the first game of the season. I never thought I'd say this, but I miss them. I hope deleting the inc files didn't also delete press conferences :(

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Adrianics posted:

As usual, was given this for Christmas. Gave up on the match engine really quickly (still baffled how anyone has the time/patience to begin to figure that horseshit out), enjoying everything else so far. The first thing I did was install the instant result skin and follow these instructions to delete the inc files: http://www.footballmanagerblog.org/2014/10/how-to-fix-competition-and-player-names.html

So far I haven't had a single press conference, not one. Not even the one before the first game of the season. I never thought I'd say this, but I miss them. I hope deleting the inc files didn't also delete press conferences :(

If you're playing lower leagues you don't have them much any more.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

What about the Championship? Playing as Brighton and have only had one since the season started.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
For those who were waiting, FM15 is on Steam Sale: -33%

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

You aren't my Alves, Afonso Alves,
you make me sa-aad when sky's are blue,
and Georgie Best, cost fucking less,
so please take my Alves away.
Has anyone here ever tried multiplayer? It seems like a neat thing to do if you had a few people and alot of alcohol.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I've never played any of the FM games, but am intrigued. Should I pick this one up, or FM 14 for half the price? (Warning, all I know about football is that you shouldn't punt unless you can hear an eagle and that it's probably not rugby.)

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

You aren't my Alves, Afonso Alves,
you make me sa-aad when sky's are blue,
and Georgie Best, cost fucking less,
so please take my Alves away.
if you love spreadsheets and disappointment its pretty good.
Helps if you actually watch alot of football however.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
FM 14 is really good and if you don't care about the latest starting squads then I'd recommend it. I'm actually surprised they're still selling it, they usually seem to deslist the old game very shortly after the new one comes out

15 is still a little more expensive then I'd like, is it better then the last FM 14 patch as it stands?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

joe football posted:

FM 14 is really good and if you don't care about the latest starting squads then I'd recommend it. I'm actually surprised they're still selling it, they usually seem to deslist the old game very shortly after the new one comes out

15 is still a little more expensive then I'd like, is it better then the last FM 14 patch as it stands?

I'd say the new features & graphics outweigh the slightly less wonky match engine of 14. It's been through a good few patches already. I wouldn't be able to go back.

The major match engine problems in 15 are holdovers from 14 anyway.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Alright, I'll pickup 15. I'll probably run classic mode for a while until I'm somewhat competent, though. That plus reading the 14 LP might help.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SirFozzie posted:

For those who were waiting, FM15 is on Steam Sale: -33%

Instant-gaming have it for for £17.17. Can;t go too far wrong at that price

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I sold 6 players (including both my senior keepers) for $139 million, re-invested 15 on a new keeper, 10 on a German youth star and 45 on a 21 y.o. English kid who had finished top scorer in the Premier League in his first full season, and ended up qualifying for the Champions League despite the English kid breaking his leg halfway through the season.

I also spent the rest of my sales profits on a million youngsters from around the world and now I have too many players in my u21 squad help

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Oh my God, I can't tell you all how hard I laughed the first time I criticized a defender's tackling. "I think you'll find my tackling stats in the last game were excellent, perhaps you need a pair of spectacles?"

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I just realised my top scorer actually ended up being a 17 year old academy product ftw:

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
Where do you download the player faces/club badges etc? Sortitoutsi requires a facebook/twitter login and I don't have one :(

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Bloodbath posted:

Where do you download the player faces/club badges etc? Sortitoutsi requires a facebook/twitter login and I don't have one :(

I'm sure you used to be able to sign up there with email. I actually haven't downloaded the latest face packs though because I can't find a working torrent

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS

Bogan Krkic posted:

I'm sure you used to be able to sign up there with email. I actually haven't downloaded the latest face packs though because I can't find a working torrent

Ah yeah you're right. However unless you're a premium member it has to be downloaded in a million tiny pieces :(

TPB used to have a torrent, but now I don't know where it would be. Bugger.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

If I'm gonna start a game as NYC FC, should I just start Jan 2015 or is it better to sim out 2014?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Is there something I'm missing with getting the instant result skin? I put the folder in the skins folder, so it just has the config.xml and the instant result skin, which in it is the folders with the content. I go to preferences, interface and it doesn't show up. Never had trouble with doing so with 13 or 14, but obviously I'm doing something wrong.

Bloodbath posted:

Ah yeah you're right. However unless you're a premium member it has to be downloaded in a million tiny pieces :(

TPB used to have a torrent, but now I don't know where it would be. Bugger.

If I remember from when I had downloaded it for 14 it's from one of those download sites, yes? If so, you can use JDownloader, you'll just need to go to each link, copy the URL and it should load it into the program. Once you have them all, click continue with all and it'll streamline it for you. You may have to do a captcha if the site requires them.

Karl Sharks fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 27, 2014

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Telex posted:

If I'm gonna start a game as NYC FC, should I just start Jan 2015 or is it better to sim out 2014?

Start in 2015, starting a game before your season starts sucks all the balls

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
Hey out of curiosity, does it affect a coach's training ability if he hates me as the manager? And is it therefore worthwhile to terminate him, take the contract fee hit (we're not a wealthy team) and look for a replacement?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Karl Sharks posted:

Is there something I'm missing with getting the instant result skin? I put the folder in the skins folder, so it just has the config.xml and the instant result skin, which in it is the folders with the content. I go to preferences, interface and it doesn't show up. Never had trouble with doing so with 13 or 14, but obviously I'm doing something wrong.

A custom skin I downloaded a while ago won't show up after the latest patch. Not sure why. Maybe these are related.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Won the Belgium 3rd division A, scoring 104 goals and conceding 61 in 34 games

'The fans are slightly concerned that despite good results the football played by the club has been less then exciting'

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Mandalay posted:

A custom skin I downloaded a while ago won't show up after the latest patch. Not sure why. Maybe these are related.

The latest major patch changed something about how skins are loaded so skins from before it need a small change to the XML files before they'll show up. SI didn't really announce this beforehand because :iiam:, but they posted instructions on the forums [url=" http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/413341-Important-Skins-in-FM15.2"]here[/url].

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 27, 2014

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

"My tackling was exemplary, are you mad?"

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

And of course he gets pissed at me for not keeping my promise. Make up your goddamned mind, will you. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

I've now had a player ask to move to a specific club, so I said I'd sell him if the team made an acceptable bid. Then no bids were received, so now I have a dressing room revolt over the situation and no option to say "he hasn't been sold because no one's bid for him, the gently caress's the matter with you people?"

• Locked thread