Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Bait and Swatch posted:

I cannot believe that he's kept the gravy train rolling this long. Is there even any substance to the game yet? A friend mine said that he could dogfight, but that it was pretty lovely.

its essentially a tech demo at this point. its pretty as all gently caress and it has some promise.. but yes the griefy tears potential has so much promise already that goons are already scaring everyone just in theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
The game does the griefing automatically. When the game was in early development, before any actual gameplay was shown or revealed, groups of buyers formed "fleets" with supposed working shifts to "man the line" and rotate in and out into battlefield positions and on ships.

Some goon had found the order of operations handbook and posted it. Possibly in this thread. Either way, making internet strangers have a work schedule for videogames is pretty hilarious.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Chris Roberts changed the name to Star Shitizen, hope this helps

taels
Oct 19, 2012

K:CID:X

Ringo Star Get posted:

The game does the griefing automatically. When the game was in early development, before any actual gameplay was shown or revealed, groups of buyers formed "fleets" with supposed working shifts to "man the line" and rotate in and out into battlefield positions and on ships.

Some goon had found the order of operations handbook and posted it. Possibly in this thread. Either way, making internet strangers have a work schedule for videogames is pretty hilarious.

And in other news, elite dangerous has actually been playable for almost a year. Tats the real troll

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Ringo Star Get posted:

groups of buyers formed "fleets" with supposed working shifts to "man the line" and rotate in and out into battlefield positions and on ships.

I... I don't know how to respond to this.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
if you don't want to be sad, laugh

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

DancingShade posted:

If people are willing to fork over $15k for your product (even if that product is internet spaceship pixels or say, TF2 skins) are you as a business going to say "Thanks for the giant wad of cash but I'd rather just charge you far less because I hate money?". Because it sounds like some of you would actually do that.

Don't go into business yeah?

Some of us have ethical problems with taking advantage of people who are, from what I can tell, either mentally sub-normal or have some kind of terrible disease that does not allow them to save up money over a certain threshold. If absence of decency and human consideration is what it takes to "go into business", I'll pass.

Someone could be dying of dehydration on my doorstep, and I wouldn't charge him $15k for a glass of water if I was the only one with a working tap and he offered me cash in advance. A few of us are personally opposed to appalling greed and self-interest; sorry if that offends you.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's a little less like being the only person with a glass of water, but instead being one glass of water among thousands ranging in price from free to 60$, but the person CHOOSES your 15k glass because it has a crazy straw.

No. No more dancing!
Jun 15, 2006
Let 'er rip, dude!
I'll literally die if I don't get a Star Citizen space ship... I'll pay anything, anything! $15,000? You monster... but I have no choice...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
There are a lot of gamers who really are mentally I'll, and if all they had in the world was 15k they'd pay it for a video game headstart, legitimately pretty sad

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

JustJeff88 posted:

Some of us have ethical problems with taking advantage of people who are, from what I can tell, either mentally sub-normal or have some kind of terrible disease that does not allow them to save up money over a certain threshold. If absence of decency and human consideration is what it takes to "go into business", I'll pass.

Someone could be dying of dehydration on my doorstep, and I wouldn't charge him $15k for a glass of water if I was the only one with a working tap and he offered me cash in advance. A few of us are personally opposed to appalling greed and self-interest; sorry if that offends you.

This analogy only works if you perceive Star Citizen as being necessary for life.

How much money have you pumped into it, JustJeff88?

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
that jeff guy is a nazi anyhow

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
#justjeffthings

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014
made a kid cry lmfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB0Tjv0drkM

<---- feel free to update

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It's a little less like being the only person with a glass of water, but instead being one glass of water among thousands ranging in price from free to 60$, but the person CHOOSES your 15k glass because it has a crazy straw.

No, they're paying $15,000 for the promise of a glass of water with a crazy straw.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

g0t_hats posted:

made a kid cry lmfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB0Tjv0drkM

<---- feel free to update

Nah, Already blew 10 dollars on some fedora wearing conman who already took 15 from me, not going to do one for some dumb nerd.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Alabaster White posted:

No, they're paying $15,000 for the promise of a glass of water with a crazy straw.

they are currently working on blowing the glass cup and molding the crazy straw, but they are not sure exactly how it will turn out. The straws they have been making arent very crazy and have lots of leaks.the cups somehow keep coming out as non-euclidean shapes and if you put water into them it disappears to some other dimension.

Taliesyn
Apr 5, 2007

Rrussom posted:

Nah, Already blew 10 dollars on some fedora wearing conman who already took 15 from me, not going to do one for some dumb nerd.

Besides, "I threatened to rape a 5 year-old" makes for much better red text than "I made a child cry".

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Im awaiting the news story about you escalating into becoming a serial killer, thinking it would finally compel someone to change your red text into something other than I THREATENED TO RAPE A CHILD.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

good video. what did you do to make him apologize? threaten to call his mom?

e: i love how you posting still sends people into fits of rage in the thread about griefing.

a7m2 fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 27, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eruonen posted:

e: i love how you posting still sends people into fits of rage in the thread about griefing.

??? i dont think anyone is mad

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Machai posted:

they are currently working on blowing the glass cup and molding the crazy straw, but they are not sure exactly how it will turn out. The straws they have been making arent very crazy and have lots of leaks.the cups somehow keep coming out as non-euclidean shapes and if you put water into them it disappears to some other dimension.

I'd pay good money for a non-Euclidean cup-portal, but that's just me.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Eonwe posted:

??? i dont think anyone is mad

Nobody is mad, everyone is disappointed.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Eruonen posted:

Because every time he posts, everyone else feels obligated to jump in and say he's such an awful person. Hats posting here is pretty much the only reason this thread still gets bumped with more than 5 posts of activity.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Lunethex posted:

Because every time he posts, everyone else feels obligated to jump in and say he's such an awful person. Hats posting here is pretty much the only reason this thread still gets bumped with more than 5 posts of activity.

And Star Citizen

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

Oh god...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eruonen posted:

:smug: heh, those loving nerds dont want to associate with someone who threatened to rape a 5 year old girl, loving plebs rage at him SO Hard LMAOOOO :smug:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lets think of some more epic win video themes he could have

one where he plays as a nazi and calls all of his teammates jews and kills them

thatd be epic

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
please do not insult hats, he is funny and not a bad person. i just want to make everyone in this thread stays good to each other and bonds over videos where you ruin other people's games and make them cry. thank you.

Daman
Oct 28, 2011

can you carepost more about him dude, he's going to start recording your post history next

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Daman posted:

can you carepost more about him dude, he's going to start recording your post history next

I don't even know what this means

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Threatening to stick your dick in a kid is definitely le epic troll and anyone who says otherwise had their "jimmies rustled"

:troll:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Threatening to stick your dick in a kid is definitely le epic troll and anyone who says otherwise had their "jimmies rustled"

:troll:
The fact that hats guy still isn't banned is proof that the mods implicitly agree with this statement, but unironically. I have a problem with this.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I can't wait to see who can top this by having a face cam but it's their balls and the audience is a kindergarten class that will really grief the gently caress out of them :troll:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what the myg0t dude and his friends think is an epic grief

telling a girl playing counter-strike "yo i'm gonna pound your 5 year old daughter's vagina, nigga"

truly epic, friend

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I hate that fucker who is easily one of, if not the most consistent posters of griefing content in this thread. Let's argue about him and not post griefing related content for a page or two every time he posts, because it clearly accomplishes something other than making GBS threads up the thread.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

*shows a kid his weiner and the kid starts to cry*

"LOL OWNED human being"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

I hate that fucker who is easily one of, if not the most consistent posters of griefing content in this thread. Let's argue about him and not post griefing related content for a page or two every time he posts, because it clearly accomplishes something other than making GBS threads up the thread.
Thank god the child rape poster is consistent in his production of content. This is definitely something we, as a forum, should stand up and applaud.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Yeah man threatening to rape kids is bad unless you post griefing related content a bunch god I wish these people would stop making fun of the dude who wants to stick his pee pee in a child and let us get back to serious griefing talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

He might have to wipe the blood off his clown suit when he's done griefing but by jove he's consistent

• Locked thread