Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
shut the gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

EugeneJ posted:

You all doubted me when I told you Nigel was running away with your money.

Who's laughing now PSP?

Eugene is.

I dunno most people here seemed rather pleased with how his doc turned out.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EugeneJ posted:

Who's laughing now PSP?

Eugene is.

And Nigel needs a psychologist more than anything at this point. He said in his AMA that he wouldn't accept an offer to work as a WWE commentator because it would make him too sad. That's loving ridiculous and not the talk of a healthy man.

He hasn't run away with anyone's money. In fact he made the documentary he promised, sent out all the rewards and did exactly what you are supposed to to build good will on kickstarter. If he was going to run this in the ECW arena you'd be beating off with joy and apologizing for ever doubting him.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MassRafTer posted:

He hasn't run away with anyone's money. In fact he made the documentary he promised, sent out all the rewards and did exactly what you are supposed to to build good will on kickstarter. If he was going to run this in the ECW arena you'd be beating off with joy and apologizing for ever doubting him.

If he ran a fed called LA Fights in Philadelphia then I'd have to believe the concussion rumors.

The documentary had the dude going around for 2 months displaying obvious signs of depression. A healthy way to treat that is to see a doctor, not to put sad Charlie Brown music over your ramblings and try to make money off it.

I wish Nigel well, but he seems to be in a bad place.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
How depressed is John Cena?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EugeneJ posted:

If he ran a fed called LA Fights in Philadelphia then I'd have to believe the concussion rumors.

The documentary had the dude going around for 2 months displaying obvious signs of depression. A healthy way to treat that is to see a doctor, not to put sad Charlie Brown music over your ramblings and try to make money off it.

I wish Nigel well, but he seems to be in a bad place.

You clearly don't wish him well, you have been begging for him to fail for years. Unless his AMA said "I am not seeing anyone about any issues I may have I am fine" you are being a complete rear end in a top hat. Even if he refuses to see anyone, he's not alone in this world. If you haven't seen a person with issues make a movie, write a song, paint or do whatever as part of his method of getting over it you are... well you are the Eugene Jerome we've always known.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MassRafTer posted:

You clearly don't wish him well, you have been begging for him to fail for years. Unless his AMA said "I am not seeing anyone about any issues I may have I am fine" you are being a complete rear end in a top hat. Even if he refuses to see anyone, he's not alone in this world. If you haven't seen a person with issues make a movie, write a song, paint or do whatever as part of his method of getting over it you are... well you are the Eugene Jerome we've always known.

But he hasn't gotten over it. He made the movie 2 years ago. ROH was kind enough to help him transition to a commentator and give him steady work, and now he's apparently abandoning that to start over again when he doesn't have to. There's no reason to feel sorry for him at this point - let him save his own money and start LA Fights.

Lack of money isn't the problem here.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

EugeneJ posted:

But he hasn't gotten over it. He made the movie 2 years ago. ROH was kind enough to help him transition to a commentator and give him steady work, and now he's apparently abandoning that to start over again when he doesn't have to. There's no reason to feel sorry for him at this point - let him save his own money and start LA Fights.

Let it go.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

EugeneJ posted:

He's been working in LA as an Assistant Editor/PA on a bunch of Reality TV stuff. I don't know how you can take that as starting over, when those gigs pay way more than an ROH commentating gig would. Is he bitter about the WWE rejecting him still? Absolutely, that was his dream gig. But everyone has things in life that they're still bitter about.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

sportsgenius86 posted:

Just him pouring every fiber of his being into this project that's not going to get funded.

Shame. Liked his career documentary. Went to see a special showing / q and a of his a couple years ago. Nice guy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EugeneJ posted:

ROH commentator isn't enough money to retire on. Even if it was plenty of people try to work on outside projects. You are the one who called it a pity me documentary and said people were only donating because they felt sorry for him. Everyone uses kickstarter to fund projects now. The Rifftrax guys could easily get a business loan for their live events but they do it through kickstarter because it's a good way to generate publicity and funds. LA Fights will probably not be funded, but acting like people donate to him through kickstarter because they feel sorry for him is just your own twisted view bleeding through, as always.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 27, 2014

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Plus he said on a Figure Four Daily that if this gets funded he's not gonna be leaving the ROH commentary gig.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

EugeneJ posted:

You're a pitiful human being.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Is Sex Ferguson Hulk Hogans Shoot dad?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

Who's laughing now PSP?

Eugene is.

And Nigel needs a psychologist more than anything at this point. He said in his AMA that he wouldn't accept an offer to work as a WWE commentator because it would make him too sad. That's loving ridiculous and not the talk of a healthy man.

lol are you still being a whiner about your friend not getting that editing job?

I'm sure even your buddy is over it by now

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

lol are you still being a whiner about your friend not getting that editing job?

I'm sure even your buddy is over it by now

:ssh: he is the buddy.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

EugeneJ posted:

The documentary had the dude going around for 2 months displaying obvious signs of depression. A healthy way to treat that is to see a doctor,

then he'll need to see a psychiatrist, not a psychologist(as you suggested)

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
*bryan makes a joke about blaming Dana for Daves foot*

Dave explains for three minutes why it isn't Dana's fault.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

LordPants posted:

I'm convinced they agree it beforehand "Who's gonna be overly literal and take every joke at face value this show?"

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Anybody listen to the Old School Wrestling Podcast? The Baywatch episode is amazing.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

LordPants posted:

Also Dave going on a long tangent about Goldberg vs Austin when asked about the WCW guys in the skybox at Mania 17.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Jubs posted:

Anybody listen to the Old School Wrestling Podcast? The Baywatch episode is amazing.

I've mentioned it a few times in this thread. It was the first wrestling podcast I listened too. It's a shame they do the whole buy our back episodes thing but I understand why it happens. And at least you can get it as MP3 now which you couldn't before. That episode is great though, as is the Powers of Pain bench press competition.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

KungFu Grip posted:

It's a little different when you have a giant pile of money to cry into at night.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

KungFu Grip posted:

Matt Striker posted:

There was one time in catering where John was sitting by himself, which is a rarity. I said, "Hey man, you mind if I sit with you?" He said "no". And I’m eating, and I go, "So, how’s everything with you, man?" And he goes, "You know something, no one ever asks me that. Everyone asks me how they can get over, or what I can do for them. No one asks me how I’m doing."

:smith:

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Jesus. There's actually an old Michael Jackson story that's surprisingly similar that I read after his death. It was way way back when he got roped into doing another Jacksons album and they were all interviewed together. At the end the interviewer tells him to take it easy, just as an off the cuff thing, and Jackson is confused by it. It becomes clear that no one has ever spoken to him just like a normal person before.

It's one of those things that happens to some celebrities, particuarly those who are so deeply entrenched in their respective roles. It seems there's so little time for Cena to be just Cena, just like there was for someone like Jackson (At that time at least, that changed later but the damage was done). Hell I'm sure it was the same poo poo for Elvis too.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

DrVenkman posted:

Jesus. There's actually an old Michael Jackson story that's surprisingly similar that I read after his death. It was way way back when he got roped into doing another Jacksons album and they were all interviewed together. At the end the interviewer tells him to take it easy, just as an off the cuff thing, and Jackson is confused by it. It becomes clear that no one has ever spoken to him just like a normal person before.

It's one of those things that happens to some celebrities, particuarly those who are so deeply entrenched in their respective roles. It seems there's so little time for Cena to be just Cena, just like there was for someone like Jackson (At that time at least, that changed later but the damage was done). Hell I'm sure it was the same poo poo for Elvis too.

I imagine it was especially bad for Michael, since he was born into it, he never had a normal life before he was famous.

Anyway, someone just go shoot the poo poo with Cena. :smith:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

If i meet John Cena I'm going to ask him about anime, actually.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

I'm gonna ask him about bodybuilding and if dying children are more depressing due to their lack of physique.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

I'm gonna ask him about bodybuilding and if dying children are more depressing due to their lack of physique.

I'd ask him the same of Roman Reigns

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Which year's Christmas show had Bryan doing his British accent?

EDIT: 2011. I've never heard this before, my god

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 29, 2014

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Require More Fire posted:

When he does his Fink impression and starts cursing everyone out in it, it is loving hilarious.

The first time "Fink" just quietly responded with,"Well gently caress you, Karl," absolutely killed me.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I demand a Fink & Flair spinoff podcast.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

oatgan posted:

10. Any other hobbies?

I play golf once in awhile. I certainly love to train. I'm also a big fan of NASCAR and Japanimation. I know the two don't go together, but I'm just telling you what I enjoy. My favorite anime movie is Fist of the North Star.
- See more at: http://www.mensfitness.com/life/sports/12-rounds-with-cena#sthash.UYPKXxuW.dpuf

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Raw broke Vinny.

quote:

They found a red and white striped "candy cane" and did stuff with it. The match went on and on and on and on and on and on and it was boring and boring and boring and boring and boring and boring. gently caress YOU BOTH, ONE OF YOU loving LOSE. I DON'T CARE WHO. TAKE IT HOME. IT SUCKS. YOU HAVE TRIED AND FAILED. STOP THE MATCH. QUIT WRESTLING. LEAVE. IT'S CHRISTMAS. GO loving HOME. IN EVERY SENSE OF THE PHRASE. Bray won. gently caress you both. 20-plus minutes of poo poo right here. AND THEN THEY KEPT FIGHTING. Dean hit him with a fire extinguisher and put him through a table. Man, sure was a meaningful win for Bray there. Thank God there was a decisive winner here. This was loving awful, I've seen everything these motherfuckers can do with each other and I'm going to have see it a dozen more times. I am so, so, so, so, so, so tired of them both. And, to be fair, everyone else on the show as well.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bryan knew an actual thing about health when he told Vinny taking vitamin C for illness is a gimmick. I was in shock.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I've heard Jeff Jarrett on a few different podcasts. He seems like a nice guy, but I have a hard time buying what he says.

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014

Bhester posted:

I've heard Jeff Jarrett on a few different podcasts. He seems like a nice guy, but I have a hard time buying what he says.
Well, Jarrett has always had a hard time selling.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

acai moonsault posted:

10. Any other hobbies?

I play golf once in awhile. I certainly love to train. I'm also a big fan of NASCAR and Japanimation. I know the two don't go together, but I'm just telling you what I enjoy. My favorite anime movie is Fist of the North Star.
- See more at: http://www.mensfitness.com/life/sports/12-rounds-with-cena#sthash.UYPKXxuW.dpuf

This makes a lot of sense considering both Cena and Kenshiro are basically unstoppable.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Madtrixr posted:

This makes a lot of sense considering both Cena and Kenshiro are basically unstoppable.

I would pop for Kenshiro Ring-gear.

• Locked thread