Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I'm enjoying actually using my manager cards for once. That said, the time constraints pretty much preclude anyone who doesn't pay money from getting the best cards. I'm breezing through the +5 matches I've had with my deck that's ranked Legendary but has all sorts of stuff from a Pro Legendary down to regular epics. Most of the decks I've seen contain a couple of pro epics and the rest trash. I purposely put some levels into my epic divas for this and bumped up some other cards to be useful and I've probably lost 5 or 6 rounds in 6 matches. I assume it gets more challenging later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I played one +5 match in survivor tier with pro survivors and PCC cards that crushed me and then the very next match at +5 was vs some newbie with not a card above rare and barely 2 dozen games on record, so I have no loving idea how they are ranking opponents. Rerolling your opponents until an obviously easy one happens might be a worthwhile strategy.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Blasmeister posted:

I played one +5 match in survivor tier with pro survivors and PCC cards that crushed me and then the very next match at +5 was vs some newbie with not a card above rare and barely 2 dozen games on record, so I have no loving idea how they are ranking opponents. Rerolling your opponents until an obviously easy one happens might be a worthwhile strategy.

On the forum they said all the opponents are AI, no player to player interaction. I figured the cards opponents used was tied to the rank of card you could win, as opposed to your tier. I figured your tier was use to determine the rewards you drew from the board on wins and losses.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BlueArmyMan posted:

On the forum they said all the opponents are AI, no player to player interaction. I figured the cards opponents used was tied to the rank of card you could win, as opposed to your tier. I figured your tier was use to determine the rewards you drew from the board on wins and losses.

It is an actual player's deck, it's just run by AI.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
I'm liking it so far. Six cards for a win, three four a loss...and the 3rd level reward is a Rare Brock, which will complete the Rare tier for me.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
At first 6 cards for a win sounds good but then you remember you played the equivalent of 4 matches to get those 6 cards.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cyberball 2072 posted:

At first 6 cards for a win sounds good but then you remember you played the equivalent of 4 matches to get those 6 cards.

Yeah but you only went through one loading screen to do it

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Yeah I'm having a lot of fun with the new mode, even though I think the best I can do is the legendary reward. If I was a bigger Sting fan I would go bananas buying title matches and bouts, because they really made the rewards feel attainable, which is nice.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Trip report: close to halfway toward getting epic Rowan, the matches do seem to be a little harder now but are still capping out at around epic /epic pro on the high end.
Looking at the prices of everything, I think the most efficient use of credits would be to spend your credits doubling the points payout on the early rounds, to get through the easy fights as fast as possible and with your credits spent on guaranteed wins. 10 credits for a double on a +5 on a fight is twice the value of buying additional fights (100/5).

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I made it to the Epic reward bracket, and it's no longer refilling with free bouts... Is this normal, and I wasn't paying attention?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Not sure, I'm now unable to sign in through gamecentre
E: and working again

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Dec 26, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I made it to the Epic reward bracket, and it's no longer refilling with free bouts... Is this normal, and I wasn't paying attention?

It's not normal, no. I think Legendary might be where I cap out on this. I'm still winning all my five point matches on Epic but they're getting closer (I actually won one of them 6-5) which means I'll probably have to move the threes in Legendary, and there's no way I can accumulate points fast enough to get through both that and Survivor. I like that it increases the difficulty as you move up, though it would be nice if you had the option to skip past everything below your deck's tier if you wanted to.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Another PCC next weekend: Rock vs. Austin.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Free player with 6 Epic pros, 3 epic diva pros, 3 legs, and the rest epic base or UR pros here and I made it through Rowan without spending and with only losing one match. If you end up with a tie you get the points and the 6 card pulls which is nice. I'm about a third of the way through the regular SV Sting now and ended up switching to 3 point matches.

They're starting to worry me that events will be too frequent, but otherwise I like how attainable a lot of the good cards in the game are if you just play the game and don't get bent out of shape about losing sometime.

Also I just realized I have Supercard open on my phone as I type this post with WWE 2k15 lovely menu music playing in the background because I'm doing Road to Glory during loading screens haha.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!
The WWE Supercard thread got way off topic for a while; glad things are back to normal.

I bought in for the first time and in a stroke of bad luck, pulled a legendary, not a survivor, but fortunately it was a pair for my Cena card, so I have my first legendary pro. I was behind a major brick wall and between that and this event, its revitalized my interest in the game. I'm determined to get a pair of RTG Stings, and I'm about 30 points away from getting my first one. My Survivor freebie was Mr. Fuji and it has been a total game changer in RTG since deck buffs carry through all 4 rounds. I'd love a 2nd survivor deck buff but I won't hold my breath. 50+ speed to every partially-leveled Epic in the midcard is a tremendous help.

RTG is fun, It's a major grind and designed to entice you to pay up, and effective at it. I've never made a solid effort at PCC because it's ranking based and unless I'm willing to play 24/7 and spam title matches, it's impossible. But at least RTG is a finite goal and not scaled, so I'm cool with that. If they shorten the time on the next one, count me out, though, possibly. Fortunately, the lower tiers' matchmaking is made so you absolutely crush on 5/10+ matchups UNTIL you reach the level equal to your overall tier. So that's fair, but it's still an annoying grind. But hey, thanks, always wanted a common Miz card!

I went against what I said about not putting money into Supercard on the simple fact that I've gotten more enjoyment out of it than most AAA video game titles I've ever purchased. Really not a bad deal honestly. Also I'm a major Sting mark. :allears:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

RudoReels posted:

RTG is fun, It's a major grind and designed to entice you to pay up, and effective at it. I've never made a solid effort at PCC because it's ranking based and unless I'm willing to play 24/7 and spam title matches, it's impossible. But at least RTG is a finite goal and not scaled, so I'm cool with that.

Yeah I agree, this is the first mode that has had me somewhat tempted to spend money. PCC is just hilarious, it's like you can't get anything unless you pour money & time into it. I play a ton of this game but have never ranked anywhere above like 20,000 in PCC

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

WWE 2K15 is £25 on PS4 on Amazon
Is it worth a buy?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
It's £22 on PS4/One at GAME (weirdly, 360/PS3 versions are £32) and you'll be able to pick it up second hand for £15 within a couple of weeks, if not already.

For £15 (maybe £20, at a stretch) and if you go in knowing it's pretty much a pile of wnak and you're just playing it to kill time until 2k16 (which hopefully will be a more complete release) then you know what, sure, you can absolutely kill a few hours with it and get your £15-£20 worth out of it. £25 is still asking a touch too much, for me, and at any price it's never going to be a particularly fantastic game; don't forget there's a £20 season pass and another £20 of DLC you've got to buy if you want it to come anywhere close to resembling a complete game.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Manwithastick posted:

WWE 2K15 is £25 on PS4 on Amazon
Is it worth a buy?

No.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I dunno, I think it's worth that much. The actual wrestling/animations/graphics are better than 2k14 to me. It's just the creative suite stuff that's way down.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Finally started to lose a few matches (going for Legendary Rowan), so it's time to back down to the 3-point bouts. Sigh. (Rowan was kind of my aiming point--I'd love to get higher, but Rowan will at least give me another Legendary pair.)

How do people have their teams laid out? Are you just sticking with your best cards, or are you sandbagging at all?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
finally... I have acquired the fabled Superdeck, only talked about in hushed whispers... before now

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

I dunno, I think it's worth that much. The actual wrestling/animations/graphics are better than 2k14 to me. It's just the creative suite stuff that's way down.

It's a bad game.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Bard Maddox posted:

finally... I have acquired the fabled Superdeck, only talked about in hushed whispers... before now

Your Diva isn't Erick Rowan in a two-piece. Get that last piece of the puzzle and I'll accept your deck's Superdeck status.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

TheJoker138 posted:

It's a bad game.

I disagree?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

DoctorDelaware posted:

Finally started to lose a few matches (going for Legendary Rowan), so it's time to back down to the 3-point bouts. Sigh. (Rowan was kind of my aiming point--I'd love to get higher, but Rowan will at least give me another Legendary pair.)

How do people have their teams laid out? Are you just sticking with your best cards, or are you sandbagging at all?

This happened to me, but the difficulty seems to be tied into how deep into the tier you are so once you get Rowan your first ~50 points of games in the survivor tier will be easy again.

I've considered sandbagging, but it's a lot harder to avoid using lovely cards than in KOTR/exhibition as you're using 80% of your deck every time no matter what. Levelling cards to just above common power levels (like levelling survivor cards to just above epic pro level stats, and legendary rares to just above single survivor level, etc) might be the closest you get to tipping the scales in your favour. Also, use manager support cards. Otherwise I've just used my best cards (ranging from maxed legend pro to maxed epic pro )

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

You're in the minority. Is better than last years, sure, but getting kicked in the nuts is better than having them cut off. I still wouldn't recommend paying thirty bucks for it, though.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Assume I know nothing (which I don't) why is it bad?

The season pass thing is already making me doubt I'll get this but I would love to hear your thoughts

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I would probably get farther in RTG if the game didn't keep crashing in the middle of matches, costing me bouts.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Manwithastick posted:

The season pass thing is already making me doubt I'll get this but I would love to hear your thoughts

The career mode is trash, the create modes are all stripped down to the point of not mattering, the chain wrestling is a terrible lock picking mini game you can't turn off in story or career mode, and the actual wrestling is just as clunky and glitch filled as ever. It's also got the worst roster in three years.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Manwithastick posted:

From someone who actually owns the game:

+ Graphics
+ Animations
+ Stamina system / in-game wrestling
+ Import logo feature is awesome for updating attires

- MyCareer kinda sucks
- Severely reduced match types
- Far fewer CAW parts. Like 100x less
- almost no legends on roster
- Too easy
- Season pass feels like half the game

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

From someone who actually owns the game

I also own it, thanks.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

TheJoker138 posted:

I also own it, thanks.

I was thrown off by your insight of "No." and "It's a bad game.", I guess.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

I was thrown off by your insight of "No." and "It's a bad game.", I guess.

That game doesn't deserve to have more said about it. I feel like they sold me a bill of goods, and I'm mad about it. No one else should be put in the same position. Is it better in some ways than last year's? Yes. But it's not that much better, and it's worse in way more ways.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Let's put it this way: there's a reason why drat near every review ripped it apart, why WWE and 2K have down-played it since release and most shops have it discounted to half or less of its original price while other older games are still riding higher.

It's not a crime to have pulled some enjoyment out of it, but recognise that if it has somehow managed to satisfy you, you are in the minority of players and there is still no way to recommend the game as a purchase to anyone beyond "wait for the price to drop 90% and keep your expectations low".

edit: for the record, I ended up borrowing it for a weekend and I sure as hell got my fill of it and have no desire to purchase my own copy to play further.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Ugh. Think I might have to switch to 1-point matches soon, and I'm still 45 points out.

Also, I don't care what the rest of his team looked like; the guy who has already not only finished Road to Glory but also nearly has his Survivor Pro Sting maxed out does not belong as a Legendary-level opponent.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

If nothing else, 2k15 is more technically sound than 2k14. I liked all the creative suite / alternate fed stuff in that game but after awhile it kept finding more and more opportunities to force a hard restart of my system. Could never play 6-man tags, but a year later I couldn't play Rumble matches or multi-man matches of any sort that weren't procedurally generated in universe mode. I also had to look at rosters and feud lists in increments of 30 seconds or less to avoid random crashes. If you were thinking of getting 2k14, get the last-gen versions of 2k15 and download CAWs of all the people who dropped off the roster between years. You come out with a better game.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bard Maddox posted:

Sister Abigail looking good

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS

DoctorDelaware posted:

Ugh. Think I might have to switch to 1-point matches soon, and I'm still 45 points out.

Also, I don't care what the rest of his team looked like; the guy who has already not only finished Road to Glory but also nearly has his Survivor Pro Sting maxed out does not belong as a Legendary-level opponent.

I'm like 40 points away from the Surfer Sting card and it's getting to be insanely hard. I'm barely in Survivor tier and I swear I've had several 3 point games against people who have had pro RTG Sting and another single RTG Sting. It's nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Basic Chunnel posted:

If you were thinking of getting 2k14, get the last-gen versions of 2k15 and download CAWs of all the people who dropped off the roster between years. You come out with a better game.

As someone who didn't get suckered into buying 2k15 at launch, but has 2k14 with a full 100 man roster of neglected wrestlers, does 2k15 have anything even close to a comparable CAW library? For several reasons, I get the feeling that this year is markedly worse in terms of suport. As just noted the creation suite is crippled.