Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Mr. Satan is really good at evading bill collectors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

haha like 18 lets Krillin spend any of HER money

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
He's setting a good example for his daughter.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I really hope this track suit means Gohan has become the world's corniest gym teacher or something.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Raxivace posted:

I really hope this track suit means Gohan has become the world's corniest gym teacher or something.

Truly a great scholar.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Can't his wife annually blackmail Satan to the tune of 10 million dollars

The gently caress does he need a job for

He's probably REALLY bored. There are a lot of retirees who don't need to work anymore and are completely financially sound and safe, but choose to work because it gives them something to do everyday.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Apparently that page says he's wearing the tracksuit since he can't find his gi.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Horrible Taste posted:

Apparently that page says he's wearing the tracksuit since he can't find his gi.

poo poo, it's not like his Dad has like a poo poo ton of them around the house or a second Dad that can magically create clothes.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Squallege posted:

poo poo, it's not like his Dad has like a poo poo ton of them around the house or a second Dad that can magically create clothes.

Hell I bet Yamcha still has a few laying around that would fit Gohan. It would even give him a way to contribute!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Gohan Has Two Daddies is a book I need to see

e: also I feel like we're missing the point that this is for comedy value

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Everything in new DBZ is mostly for laughs and that's a great thing.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Terper posted:

So does anyone know what version of GT's opening they use in the top 4 video, here?

Been a awhile but it might be the "On the previous episode..." music or the "Next time..." preview.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Man, just thinking about it, being a police officer as one of the Z-fighters must skyboost his confidence a huge deal.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Busting out old DVDs I feel like everyone forgets how well animated and generally great the entire big final fight against Kid Buu is

Possibly my favorite in the series

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Blockhouse posted:

gently caress the police comin straight from the underground

Krillin looks even more lame, that is a feat.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Blockhouse posted:

Busting out old DVDs I feel like everyone forgets how well animated and generally great the entire big final fight against Kid Buu is

Possibly my favorite in the series

Fat Buu and Kid Buu engaging in Looney Tunes combat never gets old.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

His badge says SCPD! He's working for Satan City. :3:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

For a bunch of dudes that go out of their way to learn every weird technique, it's disappointing that nobody else bothered to learn Clothes Beam. Especially Gohan.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Lord of Pie posted:

For a bunch of dudes that go out of their way to learn every weird technique, it's disappointing that nobody else bothered to learn Clothes Beam. Especially Gohan.

I think thats Namek only.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Lord of Pie posted:

Oh man, that would be the best Dad power ever.

"Daddy, would you mind taking me out to shop fo-"

*CLOTHES BEAM*

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Hobo Siege posted:

Oh man, that would be the best Dad power ever.

"Daddy, would you mind taking me out to shop fo-"

*CLOTHES BEAM*

Only if you yell dodge first.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/animation-styles/
This guide made me realize my favorite style is Maeda's. I think my least favorite is probably Uchiyama. What's yours?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SirDrone posted:

Fat Buu and Kid Buu engaging in Looney Tunes combat never gets old.

It's a little undermined by the fact that they could've just warped Gohan in there to clown the ever loving poo poo out of Kid Buu.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Gohan should have been the one to go God. He might have actually beat Beerus.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

WickedHate posted:

Gohan should have been the one to go God. He might have actually beat Beerus.

Dude was still wasted and couldn't pass the straight line test, it had to be Goku

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Sure is dumb how half-Saiyan/half-humans are canonically stronger than pureblooded Saiyans, but Goku is stronger than the hybrids because... because. :v:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Sure is dumb how half-Saiyan/half-humans are canonically stronger than pureblooded Saiyans, but Goku is stronger than the hybrids because... because. :v:

He's stronger because he trains. Gohan's not a fighter, so despite his innate superior ability he ends up worse overall due to not training.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well, on that note, there's a question I want to ask: why can Gohan turn Super Saiyan now? Isn't he supposed to be Mystic and at the peak of his potential?

And, for that matter, if he is still Mystic, why didn't he turn Super Saiyan when he started losing to Super Buu? :psyduck:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
It's kind of funny that the third strongest being in the universe (innately) is outclassed by the fourth strongest being just because he is too busy studying to train.

Gohan turning Super Sayian might be a case of either Old Kai's magic wearing off, him attempting to get stronger despite the futility of it all, or the writers/animations forgetting super sayian Gohan doesn't work canonically. In reference to to the latter, remember, an entire character vanished simply because Toriyama forgot she existed.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well, on that note, there's a question I want to ask: why can Gohan turn Super Saiyan now? Isn't he supposed to be Mystic and at the peak of his potential?

And, for that matter, if he is still Mystic, why didn't he turn Super Saiyan when he started losing to Super Buu? :psyduck:

The same answer any other question in Dragonball has: Toriyama didn't care/forgot. Seriously, why do people freak out over this? Not using a very powerful technique or ability, despite it being potentially the key to victory is a time honored Dragonball tradition.

I like world building and speculation as much as the next nerd, but when you try to find narrative coherence for every plot hole in Dragonball, you are on the dangerous pass of taking the entire series way to serious.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I guess that's true. Vegeta never uses Gallick Gun or Big Bang Ball ever again despite being in a number situations where they could've helped.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I guess that's true. Vegeta never uses Gallick Gun or Big Bang Ball ever again despite being in a number situations where they could've helped.

Vegeta retrained those out once he hit epic tier.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

He can he just doesn't get stronger since hes at the peak of his potential as you said.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
There's that part and also that if he doesn't train he'll naturally lose some of his potential. I mean Vegeta even outright states this at the start of the Buu Arc, when he's pretty openly disgusted at Gohan's fight against Dabura, and straight up calls him tremendously weaker.

Gohan goes Super Saiyan now because he hasn't trained and lost the ability to use 'all of his potential' and he's getting it part of it back through transforming. If he trained rigorously like his father and Vegeta he'd probably quickly or at least eventually reach the level of 'Super Saiyan isn't worthwhile to use' again. I mean it even looks like that's where Goku and Vegeta are heading to.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

WickedHate posted:

They're voices are embedded in my brain nearly as much as the original Funimation dub, too. Freeza's definitely. No voice for Freeza sounds as right as LK. In some cases they're nearly identical anyway.
I find that for all TFS stuff except Hellsing abridged, but that's mainly because Hellsing Ultimate is already an abridged version of itself. I mean I love Takahata, but he can't really one up Crispin as Alucard

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
HUA also has a lot of voices that are extremely close to the original English dub anyway, though. Even Anderson is just a lot louder and has goofier dialogue

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

No. They'll just edit it out like they did on BoG's trailer. Some animator at Toei really wants him to go Super again.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rudoku posted:

No. They'll just edit it out like they did on BoG's trailer. Some animator at Toei really wants him to go Super again.

Well I get why they want as many super saiyans as possible, as that is probably the most well known thing about Dragonball Z.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

When was he losing to super buu?

I just remember that he got cocky and caught while distracted.

Also, where is the term "mystic" coming from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mordaedil posted:

When was he losing to super buu?

I just remember that he got cocky and caught while distracted.

Also, where is the term "mystic" coming from?

He was getting his rear end kicked by Gobuu, until the fusion wore off.

Also Mystic is what he is called after the Old Kai powerup.

It is used in all forms of media I have seen, like games and such.

• Locked thread